Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like he panicked. Makes me wonder if he knew LE was looking at him fairly quickly. Or he was watching the news coverage and saw they were searching very close to him.

I was wondering about this early on in the case, if these perps ever think about how someone is going to be looking for this person (victim), I know often one might choose a victim who does not have close family ties, etc...but these "randoms"...I wonder if they kill first, then think, oh crap, or if they just don't care, or it never croses their mind, or if they get a thrill on that aspect alone....just thinking out loud.

Can you post a link to the fb page. TIA

ETA: never mind.

How far is this from where her bike was found? Maybe he never brought her back to his residence?

What are thoughts on what led them to search this area? From JW, from a tip, or just canvassing further and further out from the bike scene/her residence and his residence?

Can anyone remember what time we were watching that? Was it after 5-6pm?

The camera was left on just after the 2:15 pc until the last pc - was it 5 pm? So prior to finding Sierah. I'm guessing the barn was the crime scene but I still don't get why they dug with heavy equipment.

I'm new here but have been following this thread for days. I grew up about an HR from her and in a very similar tiny farm town. I can't tell you the number of times I walked or rid my bike up and down my parents road filled with corn fields and never thought anything of it. This truly breaks my heart. I am so very sorry to get family and her boyfriend. These are the things you just wonder how? He should have still been in jail. Maybe someone needs to start a campaign for "Sierras Law" so dangerous criminals like him don't get released after 2 years like after his first abduction. I truly believe if he had spent more time in jail and stricter probation this could have been avoided.

Welcome muffin0326.

:welcome2:

Great idea on Sierah's Law! :heart:

I was wondering about this early on in the case, if these perps ever think about how someone is going to be looking for this person (victim), I know often one might choose a victim who does not have close family ties, etc...but these "randoms"...I wonder if they kill first, then think, oh crap, or if they just don't care, or it never croses their mind, or if they get a thrill on that aspect alone....just thinking out loud.

I was just thinking the same thing. The internal urge or whatever drives these deviants, must be very strong.

His prior crime and this one were almost identical. Same month, cornfield, bicycle rider, and an even weirder coincidence; a motorcycle rider plays a part in both cases.

Foxfire probably has an answer to what drives them.

Can you post a link to the fb page. TIA

ETA: never mind.

Thank you Skibaboo and Steelman. This is very helpful. Wow....practically perfect triangulation (and lateral plus parallel vertical planes).

From Steelman's map.... is E the home of Sierra or the bike location?
Also, while I know her boyfriend is innocent, where did he live on the map, as I was curious when his aunt said that Sierah would not have ridden past JDW's property on her bike ride that night. I thought I read that she rode to her boyfriend's house and then he followed her home. I am just trying to visualize her bike route and how close she was to home, etc.

What are thoughts on what led them to search this area? From JW, from a tip, or just canvassing further and further out from the bike scene/her residence and his residence?

Possibly his cell phone pings?

From Steelman's map.... is E the home of Sierra or the bike location?
Also, while I know her boyfriend is innocent, where did he live on the map, as I was curious when his aunt said that Sierah would not have ridden past JDW's property on her bike ride that night. I thought I read that she rode to her boyfriend's house and then he followed her home. I am just trying to visualize her bike route and how close she was to home, etc.

Click This Link, the full map It will open up and show details but the location of the remains has not been added yet https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Tt2itlgjV4S4tEnea944w7lhW-M

Here is a screenshot

smap.PNG

E was a possible sighting

BF's home is not on the map. You can't put someones address on the map, unless it has been mentioned in MSM or by LE. Unless it is victim or perp (I think)

From steelmans map

View attachment 98695

C is JWD's property. I have marked with a red circle where the remains were found, per MSM.

It's 2.5 miles

Good thing he's not a smart criminal. I've heard that smart criminals don't ***** (sorry but no other word fits) in their own backyard but this guy did! Either stupid or lazy or just couldn't refrain from acting on his compulsions.

Which letter on the map corresponds with where her bike was found? Not sure if I'm just reading the map wrong or what.

Which letter on the map corresponds with where her bike was found? Not sure if I'm just reading the map wrong or what.

It doesn't say but it was very close to her home so it would be B, or close to B

My sincere condolences to the family friends and boyfriend of Sierah, I was hoping for an optimistic end. God Bless ~ such hatred and really sick people in this world. Her town looked so quaint, safe and rural. I am in disbelief almost...

Checking in for updates. Had to take a break from the story after SJ's passing was confirmed. Far too many young women go missing or are murdered. Makes me :( and :stormingmad: Praying for and with all who love Sierah :rose:

I was doing some volunteer work earlier and all I could really post at the time was my comment about how disgusting this whole thing is ...

I've been on WS for a few years now. I have a particular "profile" of missing persons that I typically keep up with. A missing person I follow is typically 18-39, male or female (doesn't matter to me), functioning as an adult, and has disappeared. For every Sierah, who - god bless her memory - had hundreds of followers and multiple threads - there are young men and women on the fringes who have none of the interest, none of the community togetherness, and none of the effort spent as in Sierah's case.

Fast, dedicated, informed, and professional police work put JDW in jail for the abduction and subsequent murder of Sierah Joughin. It was an honor to be able to share a communal concern for her well-being with all of you, especially Jashrema and Liacat (and the relative of Chelsea Bruck).

My hope, as a new day begins in the lives of all those impacted by Sierah's disappearance and loss, is that we can take a second or third look at those lonely threads on our boards - do a little offline work ... and not be afraid to speak up for those who do not have voices, do not have families, do not have authorities who are truly interested in finding those who are lost. The members of WS are incredible advocates for the missing, and we have the power to accomplish so much more, together.

To her family, I am very sorry for your loss. To Josh, channel your grief into action. -whim

I can't stop thinking about how exactly the abduction/attack took place from the bike location. If I understand correctly, in just moments (minutes?) he somehow would have either lured her or subdued her to transport her somewhere? And then tossed or placed her bike? I guess I keep thinking that her boyfriend, at least I thought I read, left her on his motorcycle about 100 yards from her house? That's a football field. So somehow he "gets" to her within 100 yards from her driveway and her boyfriend in sight? It was almost a planned thing, not a moment of impulse, right? I mean, if her boyfriend had not ridden along with her back home, JDW would have had more freedom even, so it was almost a foiled attempt by her boyfriend being there..... am I understanding that small but forever life-altering moment correctly?

Or, are people more thinking this wasn't necessarily planned and he happened to maybe drive by her earlier on her bike ride and then go after an opportunity (from his sick perspective) a little later?

I also wanted to go back to the LE report that the area where the bike was found was "disturbed" -- was there also reports of there being evidence of a scuffle there, or would it have been disturbed just by the bike being thrown in there?

I can't stop thinking about how exactly the abduction/attack took place from the bike location. If I understand correctly, in just moments (minutes?) he somehow would have either lured her or subdued her to transport her somewhere?

It has been said that during the 1990 attack, he hit RG with a blunt object from behind :(

I wonder if he hit her (on purpose) with his vehicle while she was on her bike. Then got out...tossed the bike aside...and put her in his vehicle. Isn't that what he did in 1990? I can't remember the details now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne