Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lurker coming out, I'm also from Fulton County. I've read every post and let me say, you all are some very smart, compassionate people! This whole thing has really gotten to me! To Jashrema and all Sierah's family and friends my sincere condolences.

I'm looking into my files on family.

I would think he couldn't be because of conflict of interest. They're not going to open him up to a mistrial or grounds for a new trial and such because they have an atty. related to the family. No way. It's just weird coincidence

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/W...-Sierah-Joughin-on-its-website-388211582.html

Walker Funeral Homes posts obituary for Sierah Joughin on its website

Sierah Joughin Obituary :rose:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/to...catherine-joughin-ce&pid=180780716&fhid=15375

Sierah "Ce" Catherine Joughin was born February 11, 1996 in Sylvania, Ohio. A graduate of Evergreen High School, Sierah was entering into her junior year at the University of Toledo where she was a member of the business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi. She played volleyball throughout high school and also intramural at UT. She was serving an internship at ICE Industries where she planned to work in human resource management after graduating. She was appreciative of every opportunity presented to her and made the most of them.

Sierah was full of life and had a great sense of humor. She enjoyed traveling, especially her trip throughout Italy. She loved both country and city living and had a deep love for horses. Sierah's family and their traditions were very important to her and she treasured spending time together at Coldwater Lake.

Sierah is survived by her mother, Sheila (Matt) Vaculik; father, Tom (Darcy) Joughin; sister, Kayla Joughin; brother, Carson Joughin; brother, Hunter Vaculik; sister, Avah Vaculik; grandparents, Pete and Cathy Shaffer, Cleantha Joughin, and Mike and Linda Klute; aunts and uncles, Tara and Howard Ice, Zack and Cathy Shaffer, Dan and Carrie Joughin, Bill Joughin, and Shana Joughin. She was preceded in death by uncle, Richard Joughin; and grandfather, Ward Joughin.

Visitation will be from 2:00-9:00 p.m. on Thursday in the Walker Funeral Home, 5155 Sylvania Ave. (west of Corey Rd.). Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 29, 2016 at Christ the Word Church, 3100 Murd Rd. (at Central Ave.), Sylvania. Private Interment will take place at Amboy Township Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, contributions are suggested to the Sierah Joughin Memorial Scholarship Fund c/o the Toledo Community Foundation, 300 Madison Ave. Suite 1300, Toledo, OH 43604.

Dear Ce - you deserved so much better than this ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't find any evidence that JS is DP qualified.
There is no mention of DP qualification on his firms website.

Not that this means he is NOT DP qualified, but I think it's unlikely. Criminal Defense is listed 5th on his bio, out of 6 noted areas of practice.

His bio says tha[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]t he is from Lyons. Would JDW know JS from being a local == maybe from high school? I know JDW asked for a specific public defender and apparently didn't get him -- or does this mean he came into money and is hiring someone??? Help me understand.[/FONT]

So then it is possible that he was stalking her/watching her and had been planning this out, which is indicative of serial killer behavior. Was it common for Ce and her boyfriend to ride during the summer? He could have had it planned down to the exact spot where he'd strike knowing there weren't homes around, or views would be obstructed by the corn fields being high.

They rode a lot and Ce rode frequently all over by herself as she had done since she was younger.

Shaffer is a common name especially in Williams county, Ohio.

Still surprised that locals are not speaking up about him, his family. He must have really been a recluse. That is, when he wasn't out murdering young, beautiful innocents.

"She was appreciative of every opportunity presented to her and made the most of them."

That just broke my heart and made me spit fire with rage at the same moment.

This is a rare quality. So many opportunities that she wouldn't have taken for granted. So many adventures. So much love. So much learning, and laughter.

GONE, because of this dirtbag.

It is SO UNFAIR.

His bio says that he is from Lyons. Would JDW know JS from being a local == maybe from high school? I know JDW asked for a specific public defender and apparently didn't get him -- or does this mean he came into money and is hiring someone??? Help me understand.

In one of the articles posted right after his first hearing, he mentioned not having access to money until his sister got here, but she wouldn't arrive until the 28th. Maybe she is the connection to the lawyer, and is footing the bill?

They rode a lot and Ce rode frequently all over by herself as she had done since she was younger.
I think riding your bike in the country alone is a pretty common thing around here. I used to ride my bike by myself all over without ever wondering or being scared of anyone. We live right around the corner from Homestead Ice Cream (Used to be Nafzingers). Never once thought of anything of riding by myself to go get ice cream.It just makes you wonder how long had he been watching her and planning this. In the Israel Keyes case it said he planned some of his murders for years before he ever struck. And if Sierah is his last victim, how many other women did he do this to?

In one of the articles posted right after his first hearing, he mentioned not having access to money until his sister got here, but she wouldn't arrive until the 28th. Maybe she is the connection to the lawyer, and is footing the bill?

I apologize. I just read another Toledo Blade article and it says this: John Shaffer, a Bryan attorney, confirmed today that he has been appointed to represent Worley. "Cancel" my question about court appointed. Shaffer is court appointed.

Also, I notice, and I'm so sorry, that this Blade article says this: The charge alleges that the murder took place ”with prior calculation and design.” A court complaint lists the date of the death from July 19-July 22.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...tion-case-faces-aggravated-murder-charge.html

Another lurker coming out, I'm also from Fulton County. I've read every post and let me say, you all are some very smart, compassionate people! This whole thing has really gotten to me! To Jashrema and all Sierah's family and friends my sincere condolences.

Welcome Cubbiegirl10 and all other new websleuths members...

I apologize. I just read another Toledo Blade article and it says this: John Shaffer, a Bryan attorney, confirmed today that he has been appointed to represent Worley. "Cancel" my question about court appointed. Shaffer is court appointed.

Also, I notice, and I'm so sorry, that this Blade article says this: The charge alleges that the murder took place ”with prior calculation and design.” A court complaint lists the date of the death from July 19-July 22.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...tion-case-faces-aggravated-murder-charge.html

I believe that courts have ruled that premeditation can be narrowed to a slim period of time ... I say this because "prior planning and calculation" may not mean that he carried out the "stereotypical" stalking behavior over an extended period of time ... Could be as simple as - driving down the road, she looks like a good target, and he strikes ...

No worries Elizabeth..I think I posted that on the previous page.

I believe that courts have ruled that premeditation can be narrowed to a slim period of time ... I say this because "prior planning and calculation" may not mean that he carried out the "stereotypical" stalking behavior over an extended period of time ... Could be as simple as - driving down the road, she looks like a good target, and he strikes ...

I think this may have to do with his previous conviction in 1990 as they are so similar. It could be they are establishing a pattern.He waits until the cornfields are high enough to cover up evidence, runs a female biker off the road and when they are already injured attacks. We know that the 1990 victim got away, but how many more didn't?

Wasn't Lyric Cook and her friend abducted off their bikes and found in rural area also?

That's what I think happened. I think he was coming back home from Michigan and was driving S on 6

I live in NW Ohio and have been following this horrific story since it broke. Prayers go out to family and friends. Is anyone aware if the authorities are still searching the property? I, too, am wondering about possible other victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Btoole5