Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a statute in the Ohio Revised code that lists several instances where it is illegal for someone to be in possession of a firearm.

Under Ohio Revised Code (“R.C.”) Section 2923.13 a disability can be any of the following:
(1) a fugitive from justice
(2) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any felony offense of violence
(3) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence
(4) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
(5) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been an offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
(6) is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic
(7) is under adjudication of mental incompetence, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, has been committed to a mental institution, has been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or is an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation.

I think riding your bike in the country alone is a pretty common thing around here. I used to ride my bike by myself all over without ever wondering or being scared of anyone. We live right around the corner from Homestead Ice Cream (Used to be Nafzingers). Never once thought of anything of riding by myself to go get ice cream.It just makes you wonder how long had he been watching her and planning this. In the Israel Keyes case it said he planned some of his murders for years before he ever struck. And if Sierah is his last victim, how many other women did he do this to?

I did too when I was a teen! Rode for miles by myself and wasn't scared! I would be today! My mom lives a few miles from this CREEP and I did also during my high school years. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies!

They don't bring in excavators for no reason and the FBI and Mike DeWine don't show up for all murders in Ohio. There is something bigger going on, I'm positive of that.

Excellent! Thank you so much kat!

Wow this is a huge area! I think we can leave Canada out for now, but still, an enormous area.

I bet there will be lots of hits on Namus for it.

Prior to 9-11-2001 and the subsequent border tightening, it was relatively easy to cross the Canadian border.

Steelman aka Map Master..

Now...can you place the following on the last map you made?

Jaso murder - was found in a ditch along the RR tracks near County Rd 11 & F.

Hill murder - last seen walking a mile NE of Swanton on the Hallett Ave. overpass of the turnpike
Body found- off CR M about 13 miles west of her home at 714 South Berkey Southern Rd.

I'm still leaning towards him being a possibility for the Jill Berhman murder. Same type of area she was plucked off her bike from
Please look into Sharon Ward. She was found in a cornfield with he wrists slit in 1982. This was near Toledo, but we'll withing the 100 mile radius

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...tion-case-faces-aggravated-murder-charge.html

--snip

Worley spent three years in prison after being convicted of abduction in another case. On July 4, 1990, Robin Gardner, then 26, was bicycling along Obee Road near Whitehouse when Worley hit her bicycle from behind with his truck, knocking her from it. He then hit her on the head, dragged her to his truck, threatened to kill her, and pulled a pair of handcuffs from his glove box before she was able to fight him off. She suffered a concussion and a skull fracture, as well as several bruises and cuts.

Worley, arrested 13 days later, was indicted for kidnapping and two counts of felonious assault but ultimately entered an Alford plea — not admitting guilt — to abduction. He was found guilty and sentenced to four to 10 years in prison. He entered prison in November, 1990, and was paroled in December, 1993.

Lieutenant Heffernan said detectives are aware of the abduction conviction following the 1990 incident. They are looking to see if Worley’s involved with any other cases.

--I wonder if he'll go with an Alford plea again. I wish the Court would change the conditions of that type of plea, and make the accused admit to, and lay out exactly what occurred. His "smug" shot has the look of a guy who would love to have the family/friends suffer by not telling anything at all.

Has there been any mention of JW's mother? I thought I had read in an earlier post that she was in her 90's and living on the property? (I'm not trying to sleuth her - Norman Bates just popped into my head.)

I live in NW Ohio and have been following this horrific story since it broke. Prayers go out to family and friends. Is anyone aware if the authorities are still searching the property? I, too, am wondering about possible other victims.

I am unsure if they are still searching the property. Last we saw yesterday they still were. I am from NW Ohio, and now live in West Michigan. I have followed the Jessica Herringa case closely, which has caused me to follow the other JW in recent news. Today I was thinking about how many days investigators spend at this creeps multiple properties, which were 2 or 3 large properties, and he has done a lot of bad icky stuff, and it was approximately one day at each. Now, that alone, compared to JDW's investigation, could tell us how much they are finding on JDW's property compared to JW in Muskegon MI.... ugh.

In one of the articles posted right after his first hearing, he mentioned not having access to money until his sister got here, but she wouldn't arrive until the 28th. Maybe she is the connection to the lawyer, and is footing the bill?

Maybe there is a trust, and his sister is the executor?

In one of the articles posted right after his first hearing, he mentioned not having access to money until his sister got here, but she wouldn't arrive until the 28th. Maybe she is the connection to the lawyer, and is footing the bill?

--he asked for , a specific, court appointed lawyer.

--snip

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/23/Police-search-property-of-abduction-suspect.html

The suspect told the judge he made $1,000 last year and requested the court appoint as his representative attorney Mark Powers of Wauseon, who has represented Worley before.

“I need to speak to someone that I know and trust. I don’t know of a more honest person,” Worley told the judge.

Was he given Shaffer, a court-appointed lawyer, after the aggravated murder charge?

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...tion-case-faces-aggravated-murder-charge.html

--snip

Worley spent three years in prison after being convicted of abduction in another case. On July 4, 1990, Robin Gardner, then 26, was bicycling along Obee Road near Whitehouse when Worley hit her bicycle from behind with his truck, knocking her from it. He then hit her on the head, dragged her to his truck, threatened to kill her, and pulled a pair of handcuffs from his glove box before she was able to fight him off. She suffered a concussion and a skull fracture, as well as several bruises and cuts.

Worley, arrested 13 days later, was indicted for kidnapping and two counts of felonious assault but ultimately entered an Alford plea — not admitting guilt — to abduction. He was found guilty and sentenced to four to 10 years in prison. He entered prison in November, 1990, and was paroled in December, 1993.

Lieutenant Heffernan said detectives are aware of the abduction conviction following the 1990 incident. They are looking to see if Worley’s involved with any other cases.

--I wonder if he'll go with an Alford plea again. I wish the Court would change the conditions of that type of plea, and make the accused admit to, and lay out exactly what occurred. His "smug" shot has the look of a guy who would love to have the family/friends suffer by not telling anything at all.

In the cyclist Mickey Shunick abduction/murder<LA>. Her murderer had served prior prison time. While in prison he had confided information to other inmates of a prior murder that he had committed. During the MS investigation this info was revisited and he was later tied to this murder. He is now serving LWOP in Angola Prison...
Prior prison cellmates may be a good source for information on James Dean Worley's past..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?502-Mickey-Shunick

I hope they liquidate everything Worley owns in order to pay his attorney fees. Making the taxpayers foot his legal bills is just another slap in the face.

Put Momma in a nursing home and sell the family farm to the highest bidder.....or the lowest bidder..........either way is fine.

The realtor may need to fill in some holes around the property before any prospective buyers inspect it, and good luck with any disclosure statements.

Finally caught up... and marking my spot... don't like it when I get lost in the posts.

So much going on in this case, and much of it we are not yet privy too. I will be glad to see other cases are closed due to JDW's arrest. Glad he's off the street and cannot hurt anyone else. For Sierah's family/friends, you are in my prayers. For all the other cases that he may eventually be tied to, I'm praying that the links are made quickly and that many of those cold cases are closed... those families need to know what happened to their loved ones too.

Was he given Shaffer, a court-appointed lawyer, after the aggravated murder charge?

--it looks like Shaffer was already assigned, prior to this morning's additional aggravated murder charge.

--snip

An aggravated murder charge was filed late this morning against James Worley, 57, in Fulton County Eastern District Court. A hearing for Worley is scheduled for Wednesday, but the location has been moved to Fulton County Common Pleas Court. The charge alleges that the murder took place &#8221;with prior calculation and design.&#8221; A court complaint lists the date of the death from July 19-July 22.

Worley remains in the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio, where he also is being held on an abduction charge.

John Shaffer, a Bryan attorney, confirmed today that he has been appointed to represent Worley. He met with Worley at CCNO on Saturday, he said, but declined to comment further. He said he has talked to the county prosecutor but does not know anything about the state's case against Worley.

--he asked for , a specific, court appointed lawyer.

--snip

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/23/Police-search-property-of-abduction-suspect.html

The suspect told the judge he made $1,000 last year and requested the court appoint as his representative attorney Mark Powers of Wauseon, who has represented Worley before.

“I need to speak to someone that I know and trust. I don’t know of a more honest person,” Worley told the judge.

i tried searching for the article where I saw his comment about his sister, but can't find it. (I posted that before it was clarified that Shaffner was appointed, not hired as his lawyer)

Re-posting this link FYI since possible unknown victims of JDW are being investigated. It is a very helpful and informational link on Serial Murder:

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

SERIAL MURDER
FBI - Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group

National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

I. Introduction

II. Definition of Serial Murder

III. Causality and the Serial Murderer

IV. Psychopathy and Serial Murder

V. Motivations and Types of Serial Murder: The Symposium Model

VI. Investigative Issues and Best Practices