Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering why he chose Powers also! My sister used him for a divorce and domestic case, but murder? Why wouldn't you chose someone better qualified to represent you?

I think JDW's a simpleton and this guy was court appointed before and "listened" to JDW, which could have been unauthentic, but to JDW who clearly lacks the ability to function in the human realm, this was trust and "listening". Powers came up with the uncommon plea, helped him get a short sentence, he was a sleeze who got JDW what he wanted. He's the one we could be mad at for this guy being out after the 1990 abduction after 3 years, right?

Atothem, thank you for sharing your story with us, and I am so sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through this, especially at such a young age.

Welcome to Websleuths, and please don't go back to lurking!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here you go Map Link

View attachment 98938View attachment 98939

Let me know if you want anything else on there or if something is wrong

Btw, skibidoo made me chuckle, I like it!

It was said that she passed Hub's Tavern on her walk home, so she's have walked down the first road that runs East/west over the tracks.
Lincoln Ave (where Worley allegedly lived in 1985) is the first north/south street east of main. She'd have walked right past it.

I think JDW's a simpleton and this guy was court appointed before and "listened" to JDW, which could have been unauthentic, but to JDW who clearly lacks the ability to function in the human realm, this was trust and "listening". Powers came up with the uncommon plea, helped him get a short sentence, he was a sleeze who got JDW what he wanted. He's the one we could be mad at for this guy being out after the 1990 abduction after 3 years, right?
I don't think so, I think he first represented him for growing weed in 2000. Two years for that?

Sheesh. Two years for growing reefer, three for running a girl off the road, bashing her over the head, handcuffing her to his truck door, and threatening to kill her. Whiskey tango foxtrot.

This guy is out of his depth and someone new will come in eventually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

--it doesn't appear that he has privately retained Mark Powers, since he asked for him when requesting a court appointed lawyer.

And now he has him. The guy that he "knows and trusts", and specializes in bankruptcy, defending him on a murder charge.

*( Also, I must have missed the info on JDW's sister, what's that about? )

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/22/Man-charged-with-abduction-in-Fulton-County.html
--snip--

The suspect, in requesting a court-appointed attorney, said he made $1,000 last year. He then requested an attorney, Mark Powers of Wauseon, who has represented Worley in the past.

“I need to speak to someone that I know and trust. I don’t know of a more honest person,” Worley told the judge.

Thank you lauriej!

In regards to the sister, iirc he said, I believe, at his arraignment that she will come on the 27th (was out of town or something), and we then speculated whether she will foot the bill or is the one in the family who handles the finances.

But if the lawyer is appointed this is moot now.

He was convicted of kidnapping in Lucas County, I don't know if Fulton County lawyers are in their PD pool.

I haven't been posting much only because this case is so heartbreaking I don't know what to say. Words feel so empty sometimes and all I really want to do is hug everyone so deeply impacted by Ce's brutal murder.

I mentioned to my hubby earlier that it's been so phenomenal to see so many locals join the discussion. It really is unheard of in almost every case I've ever followed in all the years I've been here following cases. It really says a lot about this community. Y'all really should be proud of yourselves (and I mean that in the kindest most admirable way possible). I used to live in the country (smack dab in the middle of 100 acres of corn field) for 12 years, and I've never met more awesome people than country people. It's just a different world, but a good one.

I was doing some pretty deep digging yesterday & day before and found the Lincoln street location in Swanton. It's a plat map with 2 different locations (you have to open the pdf file and then run a search for WORLEY to find the two locations). One on county rd 6 and the other in Swanton. Direct link is here: http://www.fultoncountyoh.com/DocumentCenter/View/1414 I had to do a layover from google maps to see exact what street that is but it's definitely Lincoln. That said, I also discovered Worley is a VERY common surname in Ohio (much more common than I'd have guessed and it may or may not be the same person) so I don't know for a fact it's actually JD Worley.

I don't want to jump the gun but it sure does seem like this is good for much more than just Ciera's demise (and RG's nightmare).

Thank you lauriej!

In regards to the sister, iirc he said, I believe, at his arraignment that she will come on the 27th (was out of town or something), and we then speculated whether she will foot the bill or is the one in the family who handles the finances.

But if the lawyer is appointed this is moot now.
I believe he said she lives in Florida.

He was convicted of kidnapping in Lucas County, I don't know if Fulton County lawyers are in their PD pool.

Weeeellllll thennnnn, how has Powers known JDW for 20 years..... that is the next question then. It is 2016, and if Powers represented JDW in the drug/firearm charges in 2000, then that means they knew each other in 1996....... what would bring them together? A bankruptcy case?......

It was said that she passed Hub's Tavern on her walk home, so she's have walked down the first road that runs East/west over the tracks.
Lincoln Ave (where Worley allegedly lived in 1985) is the first north/south street east of main. She'd have walked right past it.

I was just adding the bar. She may have walked past his house!

Bringing this forward to reference

Is this the info?

On December 13, 1983, a Fulton County Deputy was flagged down by County Road 11 and County Road F by a witness stating he had found a nude body of a female lying in a ditch near the railroad tracks. The victim was later identified as Joann Jaso from Toledo, Ohio.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Cold-Case/Homicides/Jaso

ETA: Could it be Lincoln Avenue? I don't see a Lincoln Street in Swanton

Yes! sorry

Was the 4 sq mile radius mentioned in the press conference or in the local news? I wonder if he (JDW) knew LE and the public were searching in a specific area and chose to leave CE outside of the radius. After all, it would be unlikely someone would see him leave CE where he did with so many occupied in a different area.

That was my thought also. Yes, it was mentioned in the press and local news. It started out 2 sq/ miles then expanded to 4 from abduction sight

That was my thought also. Yes, it was mentioned in the press and local news. It started out 2 sq/ miles then expanded to 4 from abduction sight
Did they begin the searches Tuesday night or Wednesday morning? I thought I remember seeing something on the 11:00 news Tuesday, is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did they begin the searches Tuesday night or Wednesday morning? I thought I remember seeing something on the 11:00 news Tuesday, is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Family and friends began searching immediately Tuesday after finding bike. Local LE was also involved. The FBI was there the next day (Late afternoon I believe)

Weeeellllll thennnnn, how has Powers known JDW for 20 years..... that is the next question then. It is 2016, and if Powers represented JDW in the drug/firearm charges in 2000, then that means they knew each other in 1996....... what would bring them together? A bankruptcy case?......
Family friend I wonder?

Here you go Map Link

View attachment 98938View attachment 98939

Let me know if you want anything else on there or if something is wrong

Btw, skibidoo made me chuckle, I like it!

Thank you! Sorry about the skibidoo lol. There's no way LE cannot be looking at him for these 2 women. There is an article out there, I will try to find that states in the Lori Hill murder, the DNA had been corrupted

What year was it that began the DNA -taking for all people entering prison? does anyone know?

Hi all, I have been lurking this thread since it started and only now received posting privileges, so I am happy to finally be able to join the discussion (although I wish it were under better circumstances). I felt compelled to post because I am a local. I am from "in town" Metamora, roughly 5-10 min away from where Sierah lived (I'm okay revealing that because I have since moved), and attended Evergreen, same as Sierah and Josh. I was one grade older than them, but my life was touched by both of them. Sierah was in 2 classes with me and was the sweetest soul. Good grades, active in sports and clubs, and an all around gracious and kind person. My mom also worked with Sierah at a job Sierah had just during the summers. When we heard that Sierah's body had been found over the weekend, we were on a family vacation and silently cried together in the middle of a restaurant. Those last little shreds of hope we had were destroyed. We tried not to let it ruin our trip, but the mood was definitely somber the test of the time. In the school musical one year, Josh was my dancing partner and reflected those qualities of Sierah's as well. So sweet and patient, too (I was a terrible dancer LOL). My heart breaks for them- they were so in love. If I'm not mistaken they had been together since middle school, probably age 13. The hardest part of this experience was seeing people try to accuse Josh of being suspicious before JDW was arrested. I had to avoid looking at social media comments because it both enraged me and made me want to cry that people would accuse Josh of hurting her, when if you really knew them, you could literally feel their love radiate when you were near them. I knew he would never, ever hurt Sierah. This whole ordeal has rocked our community. I think of all the times I biked and ran alone on that SAME street all those years and want to break down and cry knowing that creep was there all along. I hate that Sierah had to be sacrificed for him to finally (hopefully) be put to justice. She, her family, Josh, and everyone who loved her did not deserve this. I hope the courts make the right judgement. Sorry for the super long first post- I really have not been able to properly vent my feelings about this situation until now, so thanks for listening :)

a very good first post. Welcome to WS, and thank you for sharing such a personal story. We are honored to have so many locals come here and help us, whether just by letting us extend our arms, by sharing your thoughts, giving us more insights.... you are all appreciated and loved. May you find comfort and peace and be able to raise children safety once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx