Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys run across anything by any chance showing if JDW had access to a blue van? Maybe a coincidence, but I came across an attempted abduction of a girl on a bike in Whitehouse, OH which seems to fairly close?

From article:

Attempted abduction reported in Whitehouse Friday
WTOL Staff, Megan Sanctorum
Sep 16, 2013 02:21 PM
http://www.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:8BS93PAe

"The incident happened in the 7000 block of Laurel Ridge Drive in Whitehouse, according to police.

The girl says she ignored him and continued riding her bike home, but says the man followed her the whole way."

Also, ever known to wear a goatee?

"The person driving the van was described to be male, white, in his 40's, with short hair and a goat-tee."

(Sorry if already posted, still catching up)

Outside of Whitehouse is where the first victim was attacked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 97
Locals,
are the police still at the barn?
Hope they took the 97 yr old mother some where so she doesn't get upset and have a heart attack over this.

How many miles from JDW (map screenshot) to the incident I just posted (post #278)? (Tia, Sorry at work, lol)

Actually much less than that...10.8 miles or a bit more on different route.

What we should do is make a circle around his home, maybe 50 miles? Or 100 miles? What is the driving distance of a 'typical' trucker? I think part of Indiana would also fall into his hunting zone. Fort Wayne is less than 100 miles I think.

Then when we have our circle we look at Namus and make a list of all young females that went missing since 1975 in that circle, and for which his MO fits (even if only partly), leaving out the years when he was in prison.

Somebody likes to draw a circle? (I'm no good with maps!)

Wasn't his trucking business moving mobile/modular homes or something? If so, I think they usually work relatively close as it is so expensive to move them, nothing like a long haul trucker that may hit several states over a couple of days. Like $2-5,000 moving them less than 100mi and up to $15,000 if moving them over 100mi. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and his trucking was differently geared, my kids were up really early this morning and I could absolutely be remembering incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't his trucking business moving mobile/modular homes or something? If so, I think they usually work relatively close as it is so expensive to move them, nothing like a long haul trucker that may hit several states over a couple of days. Like $2-5,000 moving them less than 100mi and up to $15,000 if moving them over 100mi. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and his trucking was differently geared, my kids were up really early this morning and I could absolutely be remembering incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that is the case, Indiana definitely must be in the "circle". I am pretty sure Fort Wayne, Angola or near there are large mobile home dealership(s).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lots of mobile home manufacturers in Northern Indiana ... Goshen, Elkhart, etc ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a high profile case back in the 70's in Toledo - a legal assistant went missing in broad daylight. I believe she was young & college aged, and attractive. Does anyone remember this? I think it was featured on one of those true crime shows a few years ago. Will try to come up with a link & more info.

I tried linking a circle, but it didn't work and in my feeble attempt to fix it deleted my entire post.

Anyway, the circle went north to Flint, MI, south to Piqua, OH, east to Elyria, OH and west to Elkhart, IN.

Maybe someone can tweet the reporters, they should be able to dig a photo up. Maybe make a PRR to Ohio prison.

Maybe Heavy dot com can dig this up for us ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried linking a circle, but it didn't work and in my feeble attempt to fix it deleted my entire post.

Anyway, the circle went north to Flint, MI, south to Piqua, OH, east to Elyria, OH and west to Elkhart, IN.
Several missing women on NAMUS within those parameters in Ohio any way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

100 mile radius even goes into Canada...but being a felon he probably couldn't cross border?

I think it's great so many members here are working hard to figure out what else this guy has been doing. I'm so sorry for Sierah and all her loved ones.

For those catching up, like me, this article have left me shook up and angry.

Suspect in disappearance of Sierah Joughin previously convicted in 1990 kidnapping case
http://www.wtol.com/story/32528990/...-previously-convicted-in-1990-kidnapping-case

Then, there's this one that I wonder if it was him. Did he own a blue van?

Attempted abduction reported in Whitehouse Friday
WTOL Staff, Megan Sanctorum
Sep 16, 2013 02:21 PM
http://www.wtol.com/story/23445624/attempted-abduction-reported-in-whitehouse-friday

(Coincidence that I'm in the middle of reading "The Widow" and a blue van is an important part of the story of a child abduction.)

Jill B disappeared in May 2000. I wonder if he was actually arrested and sitting in county jail by then. We have to find that out so we can either eliminate him or put him in the pool of suspects for Jill. Not to mention, there is a man serving time for killing her that looks NOTHING like the composite, which DOES look like JDW.

I have a couple of things to say:

#1--- jashrema--- I know you NEVER wanted to have any reason or calling to help the missing or murdered. But, I love the fire this has lit in you! I think you will be a valuable resource for many years to come! Welcome to the sleuth club. I am sorry you had to come under such devastating circumstances.

#2--- ooooowweeeeee!!!!!! Websleuthers are smart!!!! I swear, when there is good, smart, logical sleuthing happening, I smile while I read the posts. Y'all are doing great. Carry on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbie182