Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponds, unless they're very large and deep and have an aeration system become filled with algae in the summer. Pond scum. And they're magnets for Canada geese who leave filth behind. I haven't seen a farm pond yet I'd swim in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I don't know anyone with a gross pond, everyone I know keeps theirs "swimmable". So it makes sense that they would use a pool instead.

I can't say for Ohio, but in NWO and SEM, yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I certainly would not say it is a "common understanding" that girls go missing. Rarely do people go missing or bodies are found. I wouldn't say this is common, but I do think we hear about more cases now due to the internet and social media. This was a HUGE surprise and shock to this quiet rural area though.

Grrr my phone won't cooperate and copy and paste from this article. I wanted to bold an excerpt from it . It basically stated that the court files from the 1990 Gardner case offered a detail insight into JDWs earlier life etc . Are those documents available to see ??? It would be great to read those too.

OK i was able to get my comp to load and copy this :

Worley’s stints in prison also provide details about his early life.

He served three years for the 1990 abduction of a 26-year-old woman riding her bicycle near Whitehouse. The case file includes extensive biographical history of Worley.

AGAIN, can anyone obtain this court file??

Warning! In this post I'm speculating about some of the details of Sierah's abduction, which might be very unpleasant to read.

A detail we have not much talked about is that his fingerprints are on Sierah's bicycle.

Now what does that mean?

It means:

1. he was the one pushing the bike into the cornfield, presumably to hide it. I can think of no other reason why he would touched her bicycle. Question: why did he want to hide it, why was that important to him? If he had planned to somehow get Sierah off her bicycle and into his van to bring her to his barn, why not simply leave the bike wherever it fell? Taking the time to hide the bicycle adds extra time and thus added risk of being seen.

2. Sierah was somehow under his control during the half minute or so it took him to wheel or throw the bicycle into the cornfield. Otherwise she would surely have run off at that moment. She was very close to her home, she might have made it. So, was she already locked in his van, or maybe lying in the cornfield? Was she unconscious, or bound and gagged, handcuffed? If she was conscious, again, he took a risk taking care of the bicycle given that his 1990 victim was able to get the attention of a passing motorist. Why risk that happening again? Why not drive off immediately once she was under his control?

So, we can assume that these two things - hiding the bicycle was important to him, and Sierah was not able to use this moment to run away - are likely true.

I'm thinking, she was either unconscious at that point, or he had hidden her in the cornfield, tied up or something. But the fact that he touched the bike to wheel it into the cornfield means it was not in the cornfield before - which begs the question, why was Sierah in the cornfield? Did she run into it? Did he drag or force her into it? And if the latter, why? One explanation could be that he was on his motorcycle (not in the van), and had knocked her out, then tied her, hid her, and planned to drive home to get the van to transport her. I don't think she was already dead because why would he then move her to the spot she was later found in, it doesn't make sense. Why not simply leave her there? And if she was not dead, how could he be sure that she wouldn't be able to somehow get out of the cornfield while he went to get the van, and get help?

My mind is going in circles trying to make sense of this scenario with the facts we know. Anybody has any thoughts on this?

POST#736 last thred....

Momoffourboys
user-offline.png

Join DateJul 2013Posts8,285

I noticed that this detailed info states there is a pool on the property, yet, I haven't seen on any map of the property.

https://rehold.com/Delta+OH/COUNTY+ROAD+6/1062

If you look at the aerial view just to the right corner of the house there is a cluster of trees...I seen something similar to a pool there... I have attached that screenshot and circled what I think could be the "pool".
attachment.php

This is a pond. It was searched by police/rescue teams. The pool was an old above ground pool that has since been removed. It was visible in another earlier photo posted in this thread.

Warning! In this post I'm speculating about some of the details of Sierah's abduction, which might be very unpleasant to read.

A detail we have not much talked about is that his fingerprints are on Sierah's bicycle.

Now what does that mean?

It means:

1. he was the one pushing the bike into the cornfield, presumably to hide it. I can think of no other reason why he would touched her bicycle. Question: why did he want to hide it, why was that important to him? If he had planned to somehow get Sierah off her bicycle and into his van to bring her to his barn, why not simply leave the bike wherever it fell? Taking the time to hide the bicycle adds extra time and thus added risk of being seen.

2. Sierah was somehow under his control during the half minute or so it took him to wheel or throw the bicycle into the cornfield. Otherwise she would surely have run off at that moment. She was very close to her home, she might have made it. So, was she already locked in his van, or maybe lying in the cornfield? Was she unconscious, or bound and gagged, handcuffed? If she was conscious, again, he took a risk taking care of the bicycle given that his 1990 victim was able to get the attention of a passing motorist. Why risk that happening again? Why not drive off immediately once she was under his control?

So, we can assume that these two things - hiding the bicycle was important to him, and Sierah was not able to use this moment to run away - are likely true.

I'm thinking, she was either unconscious at that point, or he had hidden her in the cornfield, tied up or something. But the fact that he touched the bike to wheel it into the cornfield means it was not in the cornfield before - which begs the question, why was Sierah in the cornfield? Did she run into it? Did he drag or force her into it? And if the latter, why? One explanation could be that he was on his motorcycle (not in the van), and had knocked her out, then tied her, hid her, and planned to drive home to get the van to transport her. I don't think she was already dead because why would he then move her to the spot she was later found in, it doesn't make sense. Why not simply leave her there? And if she was not dead, how could he be sure that she wouldn't be able to somehow get out of the cornfield while he went to get the van, and get help?

My mind is going in circles trying to make sense of this scenario with the facts we know. Anybody has any thoughts on this?

I think you're spot on in your thinking. I think he used the helmet to beat her. I don't think the blood found on it was his. I think she was unconscious/ incapacitated in the field hidden by the rows of corn with her bike, and he rode back on his motorcycle to his house to get his truck to transport her to? It's been stated the helmet had his dna and blood. It would have his dna just from his using it. Had it been stated whose blood was on the helmet or in the field

There is no mention of a nursing aide coming to the home that I've seen, only the CNP (certified nurse practitioner) at the hospital who called the police on possible abuse. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.toledoblade.com/news/201...Worley-bombarded-sheriff-with-complaints.html

The Toledo Blade references the call to the house for the mother. He also called about his brother being off meds.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/D...orley-several-times-over-years-388704462.html

Right, but it was a call for her choking, EMS and maybe police would come and it doesn't sound like they did any more than a cursory check on her.

The mother was in the hospital for a fall, and the nurse was concerned about abuse due to the way Worley spoke to his mother. It is not clear whether the police were called to the home because of this or to the hospital maybe? Unless maybe she had a visiting nurse? It is not really clear, and the article may be erroneous in its reporting.

The other call was when the mother was supposedly choking but must have coughed up the food or whatever before the police/ems arrived and she was sleeping when they got there.

It is most likely that Worley made all calls except for the elder abuse one.

Oops sorry. But majority of time people get pools for kids, their kids, friends kids to play in. I've known people to have both. Keeping a pond maintenanced is alot of work. In some of the aerial views he had trees in it. I'm sure it wasn't in use to swim in and further walk from the house.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

The pond does not appear suitable for swimming. Was surprised to see the pool as well. Maybe a family member just enjoyed swimming or possibly for water therapy due to injury or elderly?

The pond does not appear suitable for swimming. Was surprised to see the pool as well. Maybe a family member just enjoyed swimming or possibly for water therapy due to injury or elderly?
Also most people in Fulton county have to have their water brought to them to fill pools. Well water is not suitable for pools. So that would have been someone else on his property that he was confident about.

I guess I don't know anyone with a gross pond, everyone I know keeps theirs "swimmable".

Never even thought about making ours swimmable, we have one midway on our driveway to our property. I do not think I would ever want to swim in a pond. Beavers and the like are there, and we have a chain of 13 lakes out our front door.

http://www.minnesotalakes.net/whitefish_chain.htm

Worley seems to have been a very conflicted guy.

On one hand he's calling in to report just about anybody that trespasses on his property or sets foot on it without permission.

On the other hand, he's calling the cops to come out and investigate and file a complaint. He's literally inviting the very people to his property that could blow the lid off of his little secret and put him in cuffs.

I was thinking similar thoughts at 3am this morning. Inviting the police to his home himself via 911 or other calls to LE is easier to control than a couple of kids snooping on his property. Also, I think he wanted to have a rapport with LE (as mentioned before I think). Maybe having the police come to his sinister property was just another part of the thrill. The paranoia fits in there too, but who knows if that's drug fueled or he's mentally insane or both. I apologize if this doesn't make sense - lack of sleep makes my brain funky.

Also, court records indicate he owned a 1948 Ford F-4 in 2009. A question was asked about that earlier.

I certainly would not say it is a "common understanding" that girls go missing. Rarely do people go missing or bodies are found. I wouldn't say this is common, but I do think we hear about more cases now due to the internet and social media. This was a HUGE surprise and shock to this quiet rural area though.

I have to agree..I've lived here my whole life and it is not common that girls go missing. We have our shares of runaways etc. but for girls to go missing because they were kidnapped? Those are few and far between. This was and continues to be absolutely shocking and traumatic for MANY communities in this area.

I think you're spot on in your thinking. I think he used the helmet to beat her. I don't think the blood found on it was his. I think she was unconscious/ incapacitated in the field hidden by the rows of corn with her bike, and he rode back on his motorcycle to his house to get his truck to transport her to? It's been stated the helmet had his dna and blood. It would have his dna just from his using it. Had it been stated whose blood was on the helmet or in the field

That certainly seems possible. Another possibility is that he assaulted her there in the field for a time, with both her bicycle and his motorcycle hidden in the corn, driven by a sudden adrenaline surge and perhaps the additional thrill of committing his vile acts outdoors rather than in his usual secret room. After this, then removing her by either motorcycle, or more likely by returning home to get another vehicle that he could use to move her body. At this point he was rushed, obviously taking only her body because he was paranoid of being discovered with her. His plan was to go back later to retrieve the other incriminating items, but since the search for began much sooner than he had anticipated, he didn't have time to make that return trip. His Plan B became to make excuses to LE as to why his items were found with her bicycle, similar to how he handled the previous abduction for which he did prison time. Maybe he didn't learn so much from the previous abduction after all. JMHO

That certainly seems possible. Another possibility is that he assaulted her there in the field for a time, with both her bicycle and his motorcycle hidden in the corn, driven by a sudden adrenaline surge and perhaps the additional thrill of committing his vile acts outdoors rather than in his usual secret room. After this, then removing her by either motorcycle, or more likely by returning home to get another vehicle that he could use to move her body. At this point he was rushed, obviously taking only her body because he was paranoid of being discovered with her. His plan was to go back later to retrieve the other incriminating items, but since the search for began much sooner than he had anticipated, he didn't have time to make that return trip. His Plan B became to make excuses to LE as to why his items were found with her bicycle, similar to how he handled the previous abduction for which he did prison time. Maybe he didn't learn so much from the previous abduction after all. JMHO

Also very logical conjecture from what we know so far.

It has not been stated to my knowledge whose blood is on the helmut. Only that there was blood along with a partial bloody handprint. He could have gotten his fingerprints on the bike because she used the bike as a barrier between them and he had to grab it. If the facts are correct as reported, and her bike was 3-4 rows back in the corn from the street..this would NOT be hidden. You could easily see it. So he either didn't bother to "hide" it where it couldn't be seen or the statements released are wrong. I have to agree with Foxfire that Ce did some *advertiser censored** whooping which threw him off his game. Made him sloppy. He had to rush to get her away from there and left evidence that helped nail him.

Also an updated for non locals LE are still at the house. And the news hasn't talked about this case in atleast the 2 days I had the TV on.

Just wanted to comment regarding the variations in addresses of the same address that were posted in an earlier post. The extra "1" in front is no longer used, but used to mean that it was a rural route (which is correct). While we may want to place as much blame on Worley as possible for scammery and what not, this is not likely the case here. People do not understand our rural addresses and they get typed up in a variety ways on mail and mailing databases, often times inaccurrately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay