Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he knew she was out riding with the boyfriend and grabbed a few parts to frame him? So he may have never had the whole motorcycle there. He always had a story for a way out of his liaries. But I think it's odd the LE hasn't asked, maybe he did when going door to door, if they seen his actual vehicle between 6-11 that night. To know if he drove by them before or if he had been down that road before for work or stalking.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

In the beginning they were asking about a motorcycle and a helmet.

Well, I'm not sure there is a transcript available. They don't automatically do them and if that is what we want, we would have to put in a written, formal request. Also that would take some type because the court reporter would have to first locate it, then type it up. Besides, the transcript from the preliminary hearings are not going to have any valuable information in it. (If it were a real preliminary hearing they would be full of information. In this area of Ohio at least, the defendant either waives the preliminary hearing consenting to be bound over to the grand jury, or it is dismissed (Nollied) and the State will file an original indictment.) So in other words, you do not ask for the transcripts. You just ask them for a copy of the case file. Be prepared that they may have information in it that needs to be redacted. Even attorney's do not always receive files without redactions in them.

Also, if transcripts are something that everyone is interested in, because he took a plea there would only be two hearings that I would recommend requesting. The Plea hearing and the Sentencing hearing. Plea hearing because the prosecutor does a recitation of facts. This is his opportunity to explain to the court what the State would have proved if the defendant had gone to trail. The Sentencing hearing would be interesting not only to hear what the Judge says about the defendant and the crime before he or she sentences him, but there is often an opportunity to the victim to make a statement before the judge decides on the sentence. That statement may be worth hearing (if it was actually done). The only other transcripts that would be interesting for our purposes are the Grand Jury transcripts. The only problem is, I have no idea if obtaining those is even possible and if it is, I have no clue how do request them.

What would the reporter be reading in this clip?

http://www.wtol.com/story/32528990/...ed-in-1990-kidnapping-case?clienttype=generic

Can we decide collectively what's needed? I'll request a transcript. I'll obtain whatever is going to give us the best opportunity to dive deeper to figure what's necessary to connect his other victims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sure. Maybe a vote would be a good idea. Just to give us a place to start, I would NOT request any transcripts from Maumee. From Maumee, I would request the following: Police reports, affidavits/complaints, search warrants if any, any statements made by victim(s), Report on JDW (this could be called a bond report, a public safety assessment, a background investigation, it is really a criminal history and includes information from the defendant such as previous employers, previous addresses, current employer and address, and an assortment of other person information). Anyone please chime in if I am missing something there.

As for Common Pleas, you guys can vote on any transcripts. There is a fee for transcripts. In addition to the information stated at the previous court, maybe include the detective's report, additional reports from officers and/or witnesses at the scene or interviewed by LE, pre-sentence investigation report, any psychological evaluations completed (Typically through Court Diagnostics and Treatment Center but I have no clue if they used them in 1990 as well), and risk assessment (such as ORAZ), I would also specifically request the entire discovery packet. There would be information in there that I couldn't possibly name because it varies so much from case to case. I think that should cover it but again, if anyone has any ideas of things to add, please do so. I am not in any way trying to make this list all inclusive. I am merely trying to help someone who may not know what specifically she should ask for and I would hate for her to inadvertently limit her request and end up with next to nothing.

She addressed a 47 page criminal history report I believe. That is what i referred to in the other post. It could be a presentness investigation, it could just be the criminal background report they compile at the begging in an attempt to use it as a bond tool and it does have personal information from the defendant in it. The actual document they showed that she was reading from was Worley's motion for Juducal Release. Because we cannot view the dockets, we do not know how many motions for Judicial Release he had filed. Had he filed more than one, I would ask for them all. It sounds like he included a lot of personal information about himself in there but we know he included a lot of BS too. I'm sure that is something the sleuths would LOVE to see! Good eye SueDOmin!NotNice, maybe sure to request any motions for Judicial Release or Early Release by JW. Say it both ways just in case the terminology was different then and they try to play hardball with you. I mean, only if the group agrees that would be something interesting.

At some point, he WAS on his motorcycle! In the SW for the phone, it stated someone was sighted on a motorcycle when she went missing. Now, he very well could have, and most likely did go back and get his truck, but he was on a motorcycle at some point! IMO! from what little facts we've been given.

You might be thinking about a request from police for witnesses who saw a motorcyclist with an open face helmet between 6:30 and 8PM on the evening that Sierah vanished. That request was made after Worley was detained.

"Bishop also said officers were interested in, "one piece of information we are looking for specifically. A motorcyclist, with a black, open-face helmet, not a skull cap, but an open face helmet, that was riding on Co. Rd. 6, at the intersection of of Co. Rd. T, on that day that we believe she may have been abducted, Tuesday, July 19, sometime between 6:30 pm and 8 pm."

http://www.archboldbuckeye.com/news...nd_Strongly_Believed_to_be_Missing_Woman.html
July 20, 2016

Going little of topic here, but some people keep going back to LE asking if anyone had seen someone on a motorcycle in the area. What I believe is that they had already found the helmet, they were asking about the motorcycle in the area trying to find the owner of that helmet, not that some one had seen a motorcycle in the area. If someone had actually reported a motorcycle in the area, then they would have been the witness that LE was looking for. Does that explanation make sense?

You might be thinking about a request from police for witnesses who saw a motorcyclist with an open face helmet between 6:30 and 8PM on the evening that Sierah vanished. That request was made after Worley was detained.

"Bishop also said officers were interested in, "one piece of information we are looking for specifically. A motorcyclist, with a black, open-face helmet, not a skull cap, but an open face helmet, that was riding on Co. Rd. 6, at the intersection of of Co. Rd. T, on that day that we believe she may have been abducted, Tuesday, July 19, sometime between 6:30 pm and 8 pm."

http://www.archboldbuckeye.com/news...nd_Strongly_Believed_to_be_Missing_Woman.html
July 20, 2016

Yes that sequence of events after he was interviewed made me wonder A) if LE did not believe his story and wondered if he did not act alone - someone else was on the motorcycle. Or B) reporting was lagging a little behind. The whole thing moved very quickly.

I believe for a small fee (maybe 5 cents/10/or 25 cents per page...police reports are able to be bought...they are usually very interesting!!

True but all of the police reports would be in the discovery packet in the prosecutors files. I do not believe the judge at common please keeps the discovery in the actual case file. This would create bias because the judge can know very little of the facts of the case prior to trial. With that being said, I have no clue if the prosecutors files are stored with the case file once the case is closed and the defendant is released from supervision. You would have to check out their record policy or ask the Clerk of Court. Just to be on the safe side, when creating your list of requests I would specially ask the courts if you are required to make a special request for the discovery through the prosecutors office. If so, be prepared for some info to be redacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that sequence of events after he was interviewed made me wonder A) if LE did not believe his story and wondered if he did not act alone - someone else was on the motorcycle. Or B) reporting was lagging a little behind. The whole thing moved very quickly.

I still believe the Fulton count records are what we are looking for more so than the 1990 abduction. We know the have 150 pages and I know that when a search warrant is executed, they must include an inventory sheet from everything that was taken from the other house. Don't get me wrong? The other information will be nice but the Fulton County documents are what we are really searching for. They will clarify a lot of the theories speculated and unanswered question. Those are really the ones we need first and right now, we have a case number attached and all pertinent information at the cout. That should really be the starting point IMO.

True but all of the police reports would be in the discovery packet in the prosecutors files. I do not believe the judge at common please keeps the discovery in the actual case file. This would create bias because the judge can know very little of the facts of the case prior to trial. With that being said, I have no clue if the prosecutors files are stored with the case file once the case is closed and the defendant is released from supervision. You would have to check out their record policy or ask the Clerk of Court. Just to be on the safe side, when creating your list of requests I would specially ask the courts if you are required to make a special request for the discovery through the prosecutors office. If so, be prepared for some info to be redacted.

I don't know much Crsr18, but I live in Ohio (not sure about other states) and have "bought" police reports (from the municipality where offense occurred) which have told me alot about what I was interested in...for both job and personal. The only thing they black out is ss#.

They had already found the helmet with blood, and detained Worley. Perhaps police were/are looking for a witness who saw Worley on his motorbike between 6:30 and 8 to ask whether Worley had a passenger, and to get a better understanding of the timeline.

They might of found tire tracks from a motorcycle in the area of the helmet, screwdriver etc.,

Also someone posted abut none of Ce's blood in the truck, there is plastic sheeting listed in the warrant. He might of laid her on it in the bed of the truck to take her back to his house.

You know I really wonder if JDW had a gun which would have scared Sierah into anything at that cornfield. We don't know if he was carrying...even if he was not allowed. Seems he never did play by the rules if he could get away with it.

I still believe the Fulton count records are what we are looking for more so than the 1990 abduction. We know the have 150 pages and I know that when a search warrant is executed, they must include an inventory sheet from everything that was taken from the other house. Don't get me wrong? The other information will be nice but the Fulton County documents are what we are really searching for. They will clarify a lot of the theories speculated and unanswered question. Those are really the ones we need first and right now, we have a case number attached and all pertinent information at the cout. That should really be the starting point IMO.

Crsr, I don't know what your profession is, but, thank you for sharing some knowledge here and please...consider being a verified professional.

They might of found tire tracks from a motorcycle in the area of the helmet, screwdriver etc.,

Also someone posted abut none of Ce's blood in the truck, there is plastic sheeting listed in the warrant. He might of laid her on it in the bed of the truck to take her back to his house.

Let's suppose that Worley abducted Sierah at about 6:30 or 7. He pulled her and her bike into the cornfield. He's riding a motorcycle. He can't leave his motorcycle on the road, so he moves that into the cornfield as well. He stays there for two hours with Sierah until it starts to get dark. His phone pings in the area near the bicycle for two hours. It's now roughly 8:30 or 9.

She is reported missing at 11PM and her bicycle is located at midnight.

That leaves 2.5 hours for Worley to travel 8 miles to his home. Sierah is alive and injured. He's not going to leave Sierah there because if she is found, there's probably DNA evidence that will convict him. Furthermore, if she escapes, he's doomed.

He's ready to take Sierah to his property, but he's unable to locate his bloody helmet, screwdriver, sunglasses, and fuses. Still, he doesn't want to remain in the field with her any longer because the longer she is there, the more likely it is that he will be caught.

He very likely took her with him on his motorbike to his home. There is duct tape with his and her DNA on it at his property. There's blood on his motorcycle. If she was bleeding on his motorcycle, she was alive when she was transported to Worley's property. There's blood on his motorcycle helmet. I suspect that is from hitting her hard in the head, possibly while riding his motorcycle - the initial attack.

He very likely secured her in his barn, and then planned to retrieve his belongings in his truck - but - police are now on the road looking for Sierah.

He knows that police have discovered her bicycle, and his bloody helmet. This is most likely when he murdered her and buried her.

When police canvassed his home (was that at 3AM ?? don't remember), he knew that they had found the bike and his helmet, and he attempted to provide a plausible story for why his prints are on the bicycle, and why his belongings are nearby.

That is a scenario that fits the timeline, and the known facts.

You know I really wonder if JDW had a gun which would have scared Sierah into anything at that cornfield. We don't know if he was carrying...even if he was not allowed. Seems he never did play by the rules if he could get away with it.

In the past (1990), he crashed into a woman on her bicycle with his vehicle, knocking her into the ditch. He asked if she was okay, threatened to kill her it she didn't comply, took her to his vehicle, hit her in the head, and attempted to handcuff to the interior of his vehicle. He stabbed her in the knee with a flathead screwdriver. She escaped and he spent 3 years in prison.

A screwdriver was found at the scene of Sierah's abduction. That is very likely his weapon of choice during an attack. The 1990 victim was unable to say what he used to hit her in the head.

I would just like to share that many of us are shocked by this in Toledo...
Prayers to all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member