Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see these occasional articles some of you post that are old newspaper articles from 1979s, 80s etc. Is there a specific site/library database for these ? I would love to randomly scan through old articles like that from Fulton co and surrounding counties including in MI for anything such as abduction attempts, reports of suspicious vehicles etc etc . They seem to be way more detailed and elaborative with info back then! If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Despite being local, I'm embarrassed to say I do not know the names of all the smaller local and regional small town newspapers (such as the Bryan times from Williams county for example which I just now saw ) if someone could give me the names of the papers for the towns in area , or even some links to such ,I would love to dig through them

Village Reporter, Fulton County Expositor, Delta Atlas, Swanton Enterprise

I am wondering if there are some live victims of Worley as well. Either too embarrassed or afraid to report, or have no clue what to report to where.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I am wondering if there are some live victims of Worley as well. Either too embarrassed or afraid to report, or have no clue what to report to where.

Or they were reported but no name or DNA was matching.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, BoggLed in Ohio, it is amazing that many of these cold cases from years or decades ago are being solved via dna due to FBI ViCAP CODIS, IAFIS, NAMUS and the many other databases. DNA and other forensics evidence is also very important in the prosecutions of cold as well as active cases.. Seems, we now live in a CSI society where jurors want to see some indictable forensics evidence to convict..
Dna technology, LE agencies communication, combined with the public's Awareness are the only resources that can defeat jurisdictional linkage blindness; a very effective tool utilized by recidivist sexual predators/killers.

<sniped & BBM - Read More>
*(1970s) - DR. Egger says, serial killers continue to kill because some aspect of the murder fulfills a psychological need, either the way in which the murder was committed, or what was done with the body afterwards.

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to jurisdictional "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there."
Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped.

"In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite". Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said.

"The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene,"

Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence. "If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said.

"Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=201

Serial sexual predators/killers are usually very cautious because they know that if they get caught, the gig is over. They are also aware that there will be other opportunities in the future and will abort the mission in many of their hunts.. This is where the more fortunate victims come into the picture. If you research most serial killers past, you will find that virtually all had more fortunate victims that escaped their wrath for various reasons.

These victims will usually come forward once the serial predator/killers are apprehended, and they are assured that they will not be released back into society. Some will want to keep their stories private and only share their near misses with investigators, while others will share with investigators and the public via ms media or internet..

I am confident that there will be more fortunate victims come forward in the J.D. Worley case.. jmo

where was the shock collar found?

By the shop door. In my opinion, it is not a shock collar that was found, even though many, including media, will disagree.

I looked at the handwriting on the warrant return and in my opinion, it clearly states "S nock collar", which is a collar for an arrow. (S designation differentiates from the others such as G, F, X, A, H and GT) They can be purchased on Amazon etc, and can be googled. I would do a screen shot of the warrant return, but I don't believe we are allowed to do that at this time.

By the shop door. In my opinion, it is not a shock collar that was found, even though many, including media, will disagree.

I looked at the handwriting on the warrant return and in my opinion, it clearly states "S nock collar", which is a collar for an arrow. (S designation differentiates from the others such as G, F, X, A, H and GT) They can be purchased on Amazon etc, and can be googled. I would do a screen shot of the warrant return, but I don't believe we are allowed to do that at this time.
Thank you for another look at it. I've magnified it to 200 on my Computer to look at it better. And I don't agree that it is a shock collar, please don't throw tomatoes at me.

I was looking at some pics of JDW s property that someone posted and noticed trees there w several medium to large sized holes in them. I hope LE looked in all of those for any evidence , do you think they did ? Who knows what he may have tucked in there

Thank you for another look at it. I've magnified it to 200 on my Computer to look at it better. And I don't agree that it is a shock collar, please don't throw tomatoes at me.

Interesting, I didn't catch this before, but I agree. It's definitely a 'N'.

Interesting, I didn't catch this before, but I agree. It's definitely a 'N'.
I gave my opinion to what I thought the letters were in post #184.

I gave my opinion to what I thought the letters were in post #184.

These threads move fast.

Someone with only $1,000 a year in alleged income would not need that much equipment. He likely wasn't out photographing the sunset or wildlife. To have that much equipment would make no sense, unless he was doing some kind of money making scheme. I'm not going to link to the disgusting site I found by googling a few items and diapers, but apparently there is a market for things I wish did not know exist. And to know there are sick people out there to have a market to, well it's upsetting

That could also explain the pairs of panties found in various sizes. I immediately thought trophies but when only 1 pair was listed as bloody (most likely SJ's) and that they varied in sizes I thought that is odd. I would think if they were trophies they would have all been stained/dirty. I am not versed in SK's mentality but i would think that it kind of defeats the purpose to wash them. I have heard of their being a market for unwashed worn panties.

I realize that we can't take his word as the truth but I can't help thinking about the financial situation. It bothered me right from start. Then even more so after reading his letter to the judge in 1990 even more so. I may have misinterpreted what I read but I did read it a few times as it was contradictory. During his arraignment for the abduction charge the judge said he was to remain in custody with no bail, JDW made a remark that bail didn't matter before his next appearance on July 27 as he had to wait for family (sister I think) to get in town for anyway. By then he had many more charges and no bail was set once again. What really made me think about it is that he said he only made $1000 in the last year and needed a public defender yet entertained the idea that he would be bailed out in a few days. I really think he thought they were not going to find his hidden room and would believe his story and he would get out on a low bail. I thought he looked arrogant and sure of himself in his mug shot and videos from the arraignment but on the video of the hearing on July 27 he didn't look so sure of himself then. I would have loved to be in the room when LE broke the news to him of everything they found.

I wonder why they would take that though? I don't see anything else taken that appears archery related.

:thinking:

I wonder why they would take that though? I don't see anything else taken that appears archery related.

I know it's off the wall but a trophy of some sorts? Any missing cases of someone who did archery or something archery related?

That could also explain the pairs of panties found in various sizes. I immediately thought trophies but when only 1 pair was listed as bloody (most likely SJ's) and that they varied in sizes I thought that is odd. I would think if they were trophies they would have all been stained/dirty. I am not versed in SK's mentality but i would think that it kind of defeats the purpose to wash them. I have heard of their being a market for unwashed worn panties.

I realize that we can't take his word as the truth but I can't help thinking about the financial situation. It bothered me right from start. Then even more so after reading his letter to the judge in 1990 even more so. I may have misinterpreted what I read but I did read it a few times as it was contradictory. During his arraignment for the abduction charge the judge said he was to remain in custody with no bail, JDW made a remark that bail didn't matter before his next appearance on July 27 as he had to wait for family (sister I think) to get in town for anyway. By then he had many more charges and no bail was set once again. What really made me think about it is that he said he only made $1000 in the last year and needed a public defender yet entertained the idea that he would be bailed out in a few days. I really think he thought they were not going to find his hidden room and would believe his story and he would get out on a low bail. I thought he looked arrogant and sure of himself in his mug shot and videos from the arraignment but on the video of the hearing on July 27 he didn't look so sure of himself then. I would have loved to be in the room when LE broke the news to him of everything they found.

There was only one pair of actual panties taken from JDW's. Pink, size small, with likely bloodstains.
A pair was taken from Sierah's home. And the rest found at JDW's were all disposable undergarments (a total of 5, 4 large and 1 XL)

He did look very smug and sure of himself on the video arraignment. I think his explainantions and poor me has always helped him in the end so he expected the same outcome. Luckily this time not so much luck with an even halfway plausible explanation.

Hopefully the reality has set in, and the noose from the rope he gave himself is tightening. He most likely will not be getting out of this one.

I know it's off the wall but a trophy of some sorts? Any missing cases of someone who did archery or something archery related?

Maybe? It's just curious. It wouldn't surprise me if he did have hunting gear, but you'd think if had a big ole bow and arrows we'd be seeing those on the list.

I updated the SW items to reflect S Nock, rather than Shock.

Yeah IDK either and am very confused on this .

Btw I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who replied to me earlier about newspaper articles online and some names of towns papers for me to research through. (I'm trying to condense my random posts into one because I post too much sometimes and no sense making extra posts for each random thing I say lol

Why would he degrade them by wearing disposable diapers? IMO He already had them chained and raped them. I would think there would be a bucket or something to make them go to the bathroom in. Maybe it's a SO thing to degrade that way.

I have seen talk of people's interactions with him but not sure if it would be considered rumor since it wasn't from here nor media. But I have not seen anything about friends or coworkers.
He was noted as being the creepy guy but people kept their distance.

I agree, people knew of him, but didn't really KNOW him or were friends with him.

There was only one pair of actual panties taken from JDW's. Pink, size small, with likely bloodstains.
A pair was taken from Sierah's home. And the rest found at JDW's were all disposable undergarments (a total of 5, 4 large and 1 XL)

Ah my bad, I just saw undergarment and went from that I am fortunately not familiar with the brand names of incontinence products. Hope it stays that way LOL. I remember reading in an article they found panties and took it as plural. That is one of those words that most people use the plural even though it is 1, OT but most people say pants or a pair of pants even though it is one item but I noticed on Project Runway they say they a making a pant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee