Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. When my cousin was abducted and murdered 25 years ago my family had to endure the media and in the beginning, because my cousin's body had not yet been identified, the very first article (or one of the first) mentioned she was possibly a prostitute. She was 15 and a high school cheerleader. Throughout the visitation and funeral rumors ran rampant. I literally stood at her casket as an unknown to me person talked about how she had been beaten in the head and the funeral director did such a great job! We knew how she was killed, and part of the terror she endured, and I will never ever for as long as I am alive forget those details, but I can't say much about her killer because not much was covered about him by the media. She deserved more, my family deserved more, Sierah's family deserves more. I want to know about JDW because I believe families of potential victims need closure and I think tracking him and every disturbing or even mundane aspect of his life is the key to achieving that.

Also, I mean no disrespect when I mention my cousin in Sierah's threads. My heart aches so much in that familiar way no one should ever have to endure.

I'm sorry for you loss. I can't imagine what you and your family endured or the grief and I pray that I never know it. You are so right, your cousin and Sierah deserved more and so do your families and all the other victims and families. Thank you for sharing your insight.

Neither LE nor the Media can win in situations like this. It would wear me out to be constantly ridiculed by the public day in and day out.

I agree Tippy Lynn.. Guess you could say that it goes with the territory. I worked in public safety for over two decades and have been researching missing/murdered persons investigations for a decade now. With the dna technology and databases available to law enforcement; FBI VICAP, etc., imo law enforcement likely knew for some time that there was an active serial predator/s in the area due to the high volume of young women vanishing or being found murdered under similar circumstances.

The American public is Law Enforcements most valuable investigative resource. The antiquated investigative strategy of silence squanders this very valuable resource and only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo. If not for SJ's valiant fight, I am confident that JDW would be stalking his next unsuspecting victim of prey as I type this comment.... jmo

"Without Public Safety for our families, friends, or loved ones, we have nothing"...

BTK, Dennis Rader, relished giving the detail of each of his victims. For hours he was the only one talking, all eyes were on him, he was the center of attention....that is what some murderers love, being the center of attention...because it will be written down for all time, they will be studied by various people for all times. I so remember watching our local news broadcasting BTK standing and giving a full play by play of each murder....he showed no remourse, spoke loud and clear, and remembered EVERY detail of each victim. I am sure some of his victims families wanted the DP, it would have been a long trial if it could have gone that way. BTK having his 'shortened' moment of fame may have been best for some of the families. I know several people that knew BTK....and they said they would have testified, but were so glad they did not have too.

I hope what happens is what is best for the victims families in this case. I hope many get answers they need.

Being famous for a short time, but remembered and studied forever gives some of these murderers the high.

August 18th, 1:00

I also just heard in the noon news the Fulton county grand jury is meeting today Re : JDW. Was this expected and what could that mean ? More charges ? I am embarrassingly naive about court proceedings etc

I also just heard in the noon news the Fulton county grand jury is meeting today Re : JDW. Was this expected and what could that mean ? More charges ? I am embarrassingly naive about court proceedings etc
I have not heard this yet but I'm glad I didn't get a letter to be on the jury.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Exactly, where are the people, who could say "oh yeah, JD came in here once in a while for a beer" or "oh yeah, he always bought his groceries here" or "yeah, he'd stop in for a cup of coffee now and again"? Where are these prople? Why isn't the media interviewing them? What can their recollections, no matter how insignificant they may be, tell us about JD? Honestly, he wasn't holed up on the farm for years...he had to get groceries, possibly run errands for other family members, take people to doctors appointments, get gas, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Btw I suspect the reason no one has publicly come forward saying they know him personally is because #1 they are embarrassed by the fact and fearful to even be associated with him in any way, #2 the most likely reason IN MY OPINION is maybe because the only acquaintances he had were drug users who bought drugs from him or used drugs with him and certainly aren't going to say "oh yeah, I know him, he's my drug dealer " or whatever. JMO.

Btw I suspect the reason no one has publicly come forward saying they know him personally is because #1 they are embarrassed by the fact and fearful to even be associated with him in any way, #2 the most likely reason IN MY OPINION is maybe because the only acquaintances he had were drug users who bought drugs from him or used drugs with him and certainly aren't going to say "oh yeah, I know him, he's my drug dealer " or whatever. JMO.
I've known several people who have crossed his path over the years, non are drug dealers. But anything anyone has posted about interactions with him have been questioned by LE. IMO Other than that either they don't want to talk about it or LE gave them a gag order not to talk about it.

I've known several people who have crossed his path over the years, non are drug dealers. But anything anyone has posted about interactions with him have been questioned by LE. IMO Other than that either they don't want to talk about it or LE gave them a gag order not to talk about it.

I agree. I also imagine there are a few that are afraid he may get out. He is really good at reasonable doubt.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Yes, expected, and part of the normal process.

At present, he is only charged under a criminal complaint.

Grand jury indictments are required in Ohio for felony charges.

The prosecutor will present evidence against Worley. If the grand jury determines there is probable cause to charge him, they will issue an indictment for each felony charge.

I think it is reasonable to expect indictments for murder and kidnapping charges. Possible there could be other charges if the prosecutor presents evidence as such.

Worley will not be present, nor will his attorney.

Grand jury proceedings are conducted in secret. The public is not permitted to be present.

More:

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-86.aspx

I agree Tippy Lynn.. Guess you could say that it goes with the territory. I worked in public safety for over two decades and have been researching missing/murdered persons investigations for a decade now. With the dna technology and databases available to law enforcement; FBI VICAP, etc., imo law enforcement likely knew for some time that there was an active serial predator/s in the area due to the high volume of young women vanishing or being found murdered under similar circumstances.

The American public is Law Enforcements most valuable investigative resource. The antiquated investigative strategy of silence squanders this very valuable resource and only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo. If not for SJ's valiant fight, I am confident that JDW would be stalking his next unsuspecting victim of prey as I type this comment.... jmo

"Without Public Safety for our families, friends, or loved ones, we have nothing"...

Foxfire, THANK YOU for your service to the public and also for your service to all the victims and their families, not only your research and investigative work, but also for your insight and service here on WS. It's much appreciated.

I agree with you as well. It's hard for me to believe that with all the woman in the area that have disappeared and been found murdered that LE wasn't aware something was going on. I tend to believe that JW was zeroed in on and was behind bars relatively quick because of this. It's possible JW was already on LE's radar, but they couldn't do anything until they had something significant to go on. Right now we don't know much about JW or what LE may have known or been working on prior to SJ. This is not my line of work and I could be way off here, but IMO it's possible it was the break LE was hoping and waiting for. I don't know how Sierah's story could be more tragic and horrifying, but if LE speculated, had a hunch or had their radar on JW prior to SJ.....it makes it even worse. My heart literally aches to think about it with any depth.

You are so right Foxfire!!!! We the people (The American Public) are a priceless asset to LE, victims, families, the wrongly convicted and the list goes on and on.

I agree. I also imagine there are a few that are afraid he may get out. He is really good at reasonable doubt.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

My first thoughts too. I don't think he'll get out, but if for some crazy reason he got out on a technicality or who knows what there's no way in hell I would want this monster to know that I even exist. Let alone have my name, address, etc., in legal documents so he could possibly target me or my family! Scares me to pieces just thinking about it.

404 error page not found...oh well

Its working for me--try cut and pasting it in your browser if it isn't working. It also shows up on Google News as the only article about Sierah Joughin in the past 24 hours (that's how I found it).

Its working for me--try cut and pasting it in your browser if it isn't working. It also shows up on Google News as the only article about Sierah Joughin in the past 24 hours (that's how I found it).
Got it! Thanks!

So based on the People article, he did give at least one person the "heebie jeebies". Trust your gut...your gut never lies, ever.

I don't like that there was no blood the day before. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads