Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is precedent for the public/community via the ms media being left in the dark during prolific serial killer investigations:

In a prior comment I had stated that IMO JDW's past and behavioral profile would mirror that of Gary Leon Ridgeway; Green river serial killer. Imo there are to many parallels between JDW and GLR to ignore.

Don't believe I'll ever forget the heart wrenching comment made by a Mother of one of Gary Ridgeway's innocent victims, "I have a hole in my heart that only my precious child could fill"..

<snipped info from Ann Rule's book; "Green River, Red River Running">

On June 13, 2003, the prosecutors and the defense team entered into an agreement: the State would not seek the Death Penalty, but Gary Leon Ridgeway, would have to plead guilty to aggravated murder in the 1st degree for all the homicides that he had committed in Kings Co., Washington. The plea agreement was not revealed to the public or the innocent victims&#8217; families. It was June 2003 when the rumors began: Where was serial killer Gary Ridgeway?

It was certain that he was not in the King County Jail, but any info on his whereabouts had been &#8216;Sealed by a Judge&#8217;&#8230;.

Green River Task Force members and SAR teams were spotted in areas where victim&#8217;s remains were previously located. Questions were asked, were prosecutors seeking evidence overlooked or or had they struck up some kind of plea deal with the defense team; &#8216; Sparing Gary Ridgeway&#8217;s life, in exchange for the identity and location of his many unknown victims from Kings County, Seattle Washington? The task force personnel wore civilian clothes to remain hidden from the media and behind the dark tinted glass of the unmarked cars was GLR, wearing leg irons and handcuffs. Rumors were rampant. l. It was reported that he was being kept secured under armed guard in a posh apartment. The public was outraged that he was being held in luxury after the body count that he had amassed.

The GR task force PIO , under this pressure announced that a private cell had been constructed in the Task Force Headquarters and GLR was living among the investigators. It was the last place anyone thought to look&#8230; There had been no precedent for this strategy.. In order to get in to the head of Ridgeway, although it meant spending so much time with an evil cold blooded killer. It was necessary to bridge the wall, erected by his team of Attorneys and seek the truth of his terror trail. GLR had a captive audience and relished the attention paid to him as did Ted Bundy and other prolific serial killers past.

GLR would now have the opportunity to gloat over the details of his ghastly deeds.. He made himself available as a subject that was quite willing to participate in marathon interrogations. He found pleasure in demonstrating his expertise in the art of of torturous murder, to his ideal audience; the same detectives that he had taunted, remaining oblivious too, for decades.

GLR loved being the focus of their attention. For the interrogators, it was exhausting, disgusting, shocking, traumatic ,frustrating, and very horrific work. The experience would have been and unsettling and traumatic experience for anyone, hundreds of hours of grotesque recollections from a man that apeared totally harmless as he calmly described, raping, torturing, mutilating, and killing dozens of innocent young women in a halting and dispassionate voice. GLR stated, &#8220;all I wanted to do was have sex with them and kill them.&#8221;

When Ridgeway accompanied them on &#8216;Field Trips&#8217; to the undiscovered body dumps, he brightened, smiling in anticipation, as they got closer to his killing fields and trophy areas&#8230; The Task Force Team was elated and relieved when Psychiatrists and other FBI BAU Agents flew in to interview Ridgeway. It gave them a much needed break from their journey into the abyss; the darkness.. Although Ridgeway had maps and a sharp recall of the areas where the bodies were dumped, he could not remember his victims faces or names.

When referring to his innocent victims remains, he would say, &#8220;I dumped &#8216;it&#8217; in that location&#8221;, meaning that they were objects subject to disposal&#8230; GLR, had let some of his intended victims, go free. He would say. &#8220;your to cute for a guy like me&#8221;. He later admitted that he let them go for future witnesses, in case he should ever need them to verify that he was a good guy and couldn&#8217;t possibly be the Green River Serial Killer.

After being asked to elaborate on his abnormal sexual desires during childhood, he admitted to frotteurism , exposing himself, stalking, voyeurism, rape, murder for sexual release, and finally necrophillia.

. On occasion GLR's son would accompany him and witness his kills. When asked by the detective if his son remembered and threatened to tell, if he would have killed him? GLR responded, &#8220;No&#8230;.I might have&#8221;&#8230;. When asked how he felt when his first victim&#8217;s remains were found. GLR said that he felt that they were taking something that belonged to him.

GLR, feeling invincible, continued his research to perfect his crimes. He not only took great pains to remove all forensic traces of himself from the victims, his house and truck, and went as far as planting evidence; cigarette butts & chewed gum of others, that he found at the airport, to confuse investigators into believing that the unsub was a traveler. False tips were sent to the media..
GLR, insured his Stealth by not sharing his evil deeds with friends. He had no friends or confidants. He was gratified to revisite his crime scenes and was fascinated to find some of the victims skeletons intact years later, in areas where he had expected animals to dismantle them. Yet others that were left exposed in open fields that had vanished without a trace&#8230;

GR&#8217;s IQ tested in the low/normal range. It was suspected that he may have been idiot savant: although of low intelligence, being brilliant in one area(mathmatical aptitude, musical prodigy, etc.)

GLR, began his Evil Trail of Terror, as a teenager, when he tricked a 6 year old boy to go into the woods with him to build a fort. Once in the woods, GLR stabbed the little boy. The little boy survived the stabbing and was located by investigators. The day of the incident, the little boy asked GLR why he killed him? GLR, smiling and laughing responded, &#8220;I always wanted to know what it felt like to kill somebody, GLR, then started walking down the knoll. laughing, putting his head in the air and laughing real loud&#8221;&#8230;

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...H-Timeline-with-Discussion-and-Theories/page5

When they said no FURTHER remains I'm going to say they had found some but not since then. FBI is still there combing through and putting events together. Do they normally take this long at a residence? I would think they are trying to get positive IDs before disclosing further info.

I remember watching the LIVE feed on WTOL and at one point they were digging around and people went running over there. I feel they found something.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I've thought that as well. I was told by a friend who lives in direct proximity a specific number actually. But after what the Ohio AG stated I wrote it off as rumor. Then I was like maybe something was found under a higher jurisdiction than the AG, so maybe they didn't find them, a higher level did. Then I thought maybe slightly off his property. It didn't state none were found period, it stated on his property. I could read too much in though, it could have meant none. I would imagine if the other rumors I have heard were true they likely dug up the areas marked on his map. If you look at the case action on his charges there was a motion filed "regarding media". I also wondered why during his video arraignment that I can no longer find a link to, he made a couple of odd remarks about people being here by xx date, and only speaking to the certain attorney he trusted.

The conspiracy theorist in me has several concerns. None of them are good.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

What are everyone's thoughts about the photo of an unidentified woman? What I find curious is that there is only one picture listed as being taken into evidence. Does JDW have a storage place for others that is not on the property and has yet to be found? Most likely there are others on the CD's and other digital equipment. JDW had quite a bit of recording an photographic equipment to not have used it. Especially since it is being speculated some victims were from before digital equipment was affordable by the average person let alone a "poor" person. That makes me wonder if that pic isn't of SJ with either the hood or ski mask mentioned covering her face. Does it say if it is a Polaroid? I am tossing the idea around that it may be a home printed one and is not of good quality perhaps taken on his cellphone on printed on an older low quality, walmart special type of printer. Perhaps because of the quick response from LE JDW did not have the time to take better pics.

:loveyou:GINGER8915!!! :loveyou:

When they said no FURTHER remains I'm going to say they had found some but not since then. FBI is still there combing through and putting events together. Do they normally take this long at a residence? I would think they are trying to get positive IDs before disclosing further info.

I remember watching the LIVE feed on WTOL and at one point they were digging around and people went running over there. I feel they found something.

I would think, with all the media there, that it would have been impossible to hide the coroner's van. And the coroner (or medical examiner, whatever Ohio has) would certainly have been there leading any exhumation if remains had been found.

I'm thinking they found evidence of multiple victims, and the rumor mill turned that into remains.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's just my speculation that though JW could be a serial attacker, rapist, etc., unless he talks, I don't know if many cases are going to be solved. I know in two cases in VA, Randy Taylor and Jessie Matthews, many cases had the possibility of being linked to either of them, and yet, to this day, they haven't been. Randy was linked to two cases, only one has been to trial, Alexis Murphy. Neither Samantha nor Alexis have been found!! Jessie Matthews was linked to a prior assaulted and rape in Fairfax, the rape and abduction and murder of Harrington, and the most recent the abduction, rape and murder of Hannah Graham. While both men may have other like cases, it's never been proven nor have either been charged. Both operated in the same areas of VA. Many missing females in those areas.

While I would love to see other cases solved, I just don't know that we're going to see it.

I would think, with all the media there, that it would have been impossible to hide the coroner's van. And the coroner (or medical examiner, whatever Ohio has) would certainly have been there leading any exhumation if remains had been found.

I'm thinking they found evidence of multiple victims, and the rumor mill turned that into remains.

There were ambulances present actually at one point.
They were digging for days, including Sunday. To me given they have equipment that can assist in locating suspicious areas that says something. The media was kept at an arm's length and the Sheriff had their SWAT like vehicle out front a cross the street for awhile.

From what I gather from reading the progressively more detailed search warrants on his home and person, the possibility of additional victims/remains came much like it did here on the board - from a "profile" of offenses + life circumstances + additional information. The Sgt in charge with the FCSO says as much in the affidavit for the 7/24 warrant.

What are everyone's thoughts about the photo of an unidentified woman? What I find curious is that there is only one picture listed as being taken into evidence. Does JDW have a storage place for others that is not on the property and has yet to be found? Most likely there are others on the CD's and other digital equipment. JDW had quite a bit of recording an photographic equipment to not have used it. Especially since it is being speculated some victims were from before digital equipment was affordable by the average person let alone a "poor" person. That makes me wonder if that pic isn't of SJ with either the hood or ski mask mentioned covering her face. Does it say if it is a Polaroid? I am tossing the idea around that it may be a home printed one and is not of good quality perhaps taken on his cellphone on printed on an older low quality, walmart special type of printer. Perhaps because of the quick response from LE JDW did not have the time to take better pics.
Right now I am wondering if the photo is perhaps of Yvonne Reglar. She went missing from her job in 1977. There is going to be a press conference about her case tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hope the "blood evidence" belonged to some animal he was preparing for the family food source, and to from any humans. This whole case is so worrisome.

Does anyone else have trouble opening Tapatalk links? (I am using an old iPad and they won't open)
Yes, I get a network error.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yes I didn't want to say anything...because someone's name is attached...but what is that cheek swab about?
When I was at the FD for the search, that was the name of the LE officer who was signing people in.

It's just my speculation that though JW could be a serial attacker, rapist, etc., unless he talks, I don't know if many cases are going to be solved. I know in two cases in VA, Randy Taylor and Jessie Matthews, many cases had to the possibility of being linked to either of them, and yet, to this day, they haven't been. Randy was linked to two cases, only one has been to trial Alexis Murphy. Jessie Matthews was linked to a prior assaulted and rape in Fairfax, the rape and abduction and murder of Harrington, and the most recent the abduction, rape and murder of Hannah Graham. While both men may have other like cases, it's never been proven nor have either been charged. Both operated in the same areas of VA. Many missing females in those areas.

While I would love to see other cases solved, I just don't know that we're going to see it

2Hope4, imo, although likely never prosecuted, there will be many missing/murdered persons cases closed due to dna and other forensics evidence and databases as well as JDW's journals, etc..imo..
With that said, the cost of serial killer investigations and prosecutions can virtually bankrupt a municipality or state, depleting the available investigative and prosecution resources in other cases.

True Crime Costs...
Does every murder in the United States really cost society $17 million?

Then there is murder. The researchers, led by sociologist Matt DeLisi, put the price tag at a whopping $17,252,656. That means in 2009, according to the FBI, murder cost the United States almost $263 billion&#8212;nearly as much the federal government annually spends on Medicaid.

The estimated murder cost is transferable, DeLisi says: Any murder, anywhere in the country, costs society somewhere on the order of $17 million. That means the worst offender in the Iowa State study, convicted of nine killings, imposed a $153 million cost on society. The 48 convicted murders of serial killer Gary Ridgway, perhaps the most prolific American murderer currently in prison, cost the country $816 million. <over a decade ago>

<snipped - read more>
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/everyday_economics/2010/10/true_crime_costs.html

Let me preface this by saying I had a good friend visiting from out of town the past 3 days so not much time to catch up on threads. (Some people think my curious "hobby" is bizarre... ). I hope to catch up today. In the meantime, was a printer with a scanner seized? If so, photos could have been scanned, kept digitally, then burned. Sincere apologies if this is a topic already covered and I look like a tool right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For as much as he burned maybe he learned to dispose of them that way. Therefore saying no more remains. BUT there could have been plenty of DNA or other proof he had others there without their bodies being there anymore.

IF it is her why would he abduct in 1977, 1990, and 2016? It's to spread out for no-one to be in between.

Let's say hypothetically someone confessed, they would verify it before coming out. Things may not be verified in an order. They are running dna on found ones as well, just because there would be no known ones between doesn't mean there weren't others they are running down leads on.

Rumors of confession may be true, or not. I won't be surprised if at least 2 that have been found locally don't come back to him.
It also coy5be totally unrelated like Chelsea Bruck's press conference was.

I don't think Fulton County has a coroner van. Normally they use one of the local funeral home to do the transport.
And the CSI and BCI had so many vehicles there, it's very possible they used one of theirs.

They wouldn't ask for it, if they didn't have reason to believe. They were there for a week. They asked for the warrant for the remains bc they found it and could not take it without a warrant. IMO look at all the warrants, the items increase with each warrant bc it's what they found as they kept searching. IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Warrants must be issued with specificity. For instance, if the police were searching for a person and only included that on the warrant, technically that would not give them authority to look into any kitchen drawers (like a junk drawer that most of us have). That's not to say the LE did not expect the possibility for any of those things to be located there, it just means they need to include as much as they can so they can search as much as possible. It could mean as they searched the first time, they realized that the warrant may not give them authority to check a certain place they felt necessary due to the wording. I imagine they wanted to make sure they went out of their way to do everything properly to give the defense no room to suppress evidence found.

I don't think Fulton County has a coroner van. Normally they use one of the local funeral home to do the transport.
And the CSI and BCI had so many vehicles there, it's very possible they used one of theirs.
I remember, probably thread 1, we were discussing the vehicles we kept seeing going in and out during the search of his property and we questioned 1 or 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member