GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was there today for closing statements and the defense really hammered on about the "dog toy/ball gag" not having JW DNA on it as well...very weak defense in my opinion. it was hard to see Ce's family relive all the details again. and as for JW facial expressions there wasnt any really.. he kept turning off his computer screen when he didnt want to look at some of the evidence

prayers for her family

Thank you. That link didn't work the first time I tried it, I think because it is for mobile devices. I saw it now.

Sorry if I was the one to give a mobile link.

For those who may not realize, all you need to do is remove the word ”mobile” and the dot after it, and it should always work.

was there today for closing statements and the defense really hammered on about the "dog toy/ball gag" not having JW DNA on it as well...very weak defense in my opinion. it was hard to see Ce's family relive all the details again. and as for JW facial expressions there wasnt any really.. he kept turning off his computer screen when he didnt want to look at some of the evidence

prayers for her family

Glad someone was able to be there, thank you for this update. :tyou:

Tweet from @ 1 hour ago ....

Lauren Lindstrom
@lelindstrom·59m

We're on a lunch break from #worleytrial. Closing arguments just wrapped and jury will get instructions after lunch and then begin deliberations. Initial story coming soon. We'll be here until we get a verdict (or jury sent home for the night.)

SJCaseFollower - I am so glad your sister is safe!!

Auntkt218 - I am so relieved you are safe as well!!

To both of you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE contact the LE ASAP!!! I believe God has a purpose for us all & this just might be our beautiful Angel/Hero Ce working alongside us all especially those that can contribute valuable information. Remember your stories as Bellecent also stated may trigger a memory for others in this small world. It also may be a missing piece to LE's puzzle linking to the monster JW's profile. JMHO

*group hug*

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have talked to the LE’s about this I know someone on the man unit that was on scene and I have a family member that works for the local police department I have spoken with both and told them what all happened and it has been noted. There recommendation to me was to go through self defense classs and possibly a ccw class

I have talked to the LE’s about this I know someone on the man unit that was on scene and I have a family member that works for the local police department I have spoken with both and told them what all happened and it has been noted. There recommendation to me was to go through self defense classs and possibly a ccw class

I’m sorry, but I just don’t see this as much help if you are caught unaware. Not that self-defense isn’t good to know, but I think JW was able to catch his victims without any indiction if what was coming.

It’s good that this was reported, nonetheless.

When the jury comes back, where will we be able to watch it live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spellbound~ Just trying to help everyone with updates. Anxiety is real bad today while waiting to find out info.

In regards to the ball gag(Dog toy) ....wouldn't it be hard to find DNA use flipping rubber gloves?

I’m sorry, but I just don’t see this as much help if you are caught unaware. Not that self-defense isn’t good to know, but I think JW was able to catch his victims without any indiction if what was coming.

It’s good that this was reported, nonetheless.

I'm so sorry if the law enforcement response was making a note and suggesting self defense classes. For me that would have minimized my experience, even though I'm sure what they were saying is that the creepy Behavior was just not enough to do anything legally. And I agree with what has been said previously, that self-defense classes likely would not have helped SJ as she clearly fought hard, but was caught off-guard and he had honed his predatory skills. It's also sad and very frustrating.

Spellbound~ Just trying to help everyone with updates. Anxiety is real bad today while waiting to find out info.

In regards to the ball gag(Dog toy) ....wouldn't it be hard to find DNA use flipping rubber gloves?

Your help is much appreciated, too! I am going bonkers waiting. I can’t sit still, constantly looking for something, anything by way of an update. Zilch.

He managed to cover fingerprints darned well, the creep. I would think saliva and whatever else covered the gag would also degrade any fingerprints if they had been there, but I think you are probably right. The gloves did mask any.

For anyone who was there for the trial or for the arguments today, was there any indication that the two men the defense called had been asked ore interviewed whether they had been in touch with JW at the time of SJ's disappearance, or if he had ever mentioned his RG kidnapping to either of them, or perhaps whether law enforcement asked them where they were during the time of SJ's kidnapping? While I don't believe they were involved, it seems it would have been important to prove they had nothing to do with this case. It is a similar line of thinking as to why they didn't rule out the feces belonging to a human or an animal, or the defense being able to say JW had accomplices due to the mix-up in DNA samples. It seems important that the prosecution would have shown they had looked at all other possibilities and everything points to JW. but I'm not a prosecutor, so I may be way off.

Gotta love that the defense's only argument is to look at what evidence doesn't show. I've yet to hear anything about them actually clarifying what they feel is missing.

I wondered if the defense feels ridiculous doing their job. I've seen nothing out of them except the feces question, which is a good question.

Back and caught up. Thanks all. I would think they have the case by now. Jury instructions can be lengthy tho.

Ok I see since I posted Jurors have had the case for about an hr. now.

Gotta love that the defense's only argument is to look at what evidence doesn't show. I've yet to hear anything about them actually clarifying what they feel is missing.

I wondered if the defense feels ridiculous doing their job. I've seen nothing out of them except the feces question, which is a good question.

Sorry this post is a repeat...Im not used too ny new phone and it was looking like it didn't post the first time

I don't think Defense Teams ever feel ridiculous. When evidence is overwhelming basically all they can do is see to it their client gets a fair trial. IMO we will hear much more at penalty phase. I am confident killer will be found guilty and we will move on to the next phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman