GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch him shaking his head after the 1st murder count verdict was read? As if all preceding counts were acceptable but not murder? Baffling.
Grateful for justice.

I looked up possibilities for the merger document and found this:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/doctrine-of-merger-in-criminal-sentencing.html

The doctrine of merger applies in a criminal setting where the defendant committed two or more crimes in a single act, but is only charged with one crime. Essentially, the multiple instances are "merged" by a judge, or combined into a single charge. Thus, according to the merger doctrine, a defendant may sometimes serve a criminal sentence for only one crime instead of several.

I don't know if that is the case here.

Good research.

You could be right that it may have something to do with defendent's request to have some of the sentencing part merged into 1 sentence even though he was guilty of multiple things. Or something like that.

Always happy to see Jurors polled. For those of you who followed the verdict in Jessica Chambers Trial.......:gaah:

Did anyone else catch him shaking his head after the 1st murder count verdict was read? As if all preceding counts were acceptable but not murder? Baffling.
Grateful for justice.

Yes, I caught that too! He was so stoic! I also saw him past his lawyer in the back. The lawyer looked more upset than Worley. Things will hey interesting in the sentencing phase.

MichelleWTOL@michellezepeda27m
The people vs James Worley. Worley seen patting his attorney on the back after guilty verdicts start to roll in @WTOL11Toledo

@michellezepeda25m
The people vs James Worley - Worley seem shaking his head after guilty verdict read on first murder charge. @WTOL11Toledo

MichelleWTOL@michellezepeda18m
The people vs James Worley - Worley found guilty on all 19 charges in the kidnapping and murder of Sierah Joughin. @WTOL11Toledo

MichelleWTOL@michellezepeda17m
The people vs James Worley. The jury to return Monday for the sentencing portion of this case. James Worley faces the death penalty after being found guilty of aggravated murder @WTOL11Toledo

MichelleWTOL@michellezepeda16m
The people vs James Worley. Worley has 45 days to appeal the verdict.

Always happy to see Jurors polled. For those of you who followed the verdict in Jessica Chambers Trial.......:gaah:

Oh, my goodness. That was a nightmare of epic proportions! :gaah:

I've been wearing this almost ever day the past few weeks and wearing purple on the other days to work. Thank you jurors! Hugs to the family. Thank you to everyone that has been here the past almost 2 years.
[emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]
08bfd1f9ca05700a57dc233d9fdfff10.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think it might be a mistake to let the jurors go home?? With everyone being addicted to social media, I think its safer to sequester them in a hotel.

Yes, I caught that too! He was so stoic! I also saw him past his lawyer in the back. The lawyer looked more upset than Worley. Things will hey interesting in the sentencing phase.

I caught the pats on the back and stoic

He obviously has no capability to feel remorse.

After following lots of cases here it is scary to me how many people cannot feel empathy or remorse. I had no idea there were so many in this world like that. Scary.

I caught the pats on the back and stoic

He obviously has no capability to feel remorse.

After following lots of cases here it is scary to me how many people cannot feel empathy or remorse. I had no idea there were so many in this world like that. Scary.

When can they start to connect him to other murders? There are many missing women in the area. I think he killed Lori Hill also and I would love confirmation. I just worry without the evidence that there are other victims the jury might not go with the death penalty. I can see jurors debating on that a bit longer than deciding his guilt.

Does anyone else think it might be a mistake to let the jurors go home?? With everyone being addicted to social media, I think its safer to sequester them in a hotel.

I was wondering the same thing -- it seems like it matters whether the jurors have contact/influence from others from now until Monday, too. Or don't the jurors assist with Monday's events and help with decisions?

I saw that head-shake after the first murder verdict was read, and the rapid-blinking for the entire series of verdicts. Honestly I think Worley still looks angry, as if he thinks he doesn't belong on trial at all, let alone for his life. I know this is ungenerous and unflattering of me, but I want to see him frightened and broken before this trial ends.

Im so glad I had the opportunity to see justice handed down to JDW today.

Im so glad we live in a society that has a fair justice system for the most part. With all its flaws it usually works pretty well like it did today.

These murderers and criminals may think they are getting away with things but sooner or later they are usually caught, charged, tried, convicted, and then sentenced.

Time to pay the piper JDW.
Bring on the sentencing phase.

When can they start to connect him to other murders? There are many missing women in the area. I think he killed Lori Hill also and I would love confirmation. I just worry without the evidence that there are other victims the jury might not go with the death penalty. I can see jurors debating on that a bit longer than deciding his guilt.
IMO - If the Attorney General is called in within the same days of initial search of his property there is more information than what was specific for SJ. The prosecution needed to focus just on this case so it wasn't messed up and he was found guilty. There may be more details of others in the coming months and years.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

What an awesome group of people on here with the biggest hearts I have ever seen!!! People right on top of things and it is very much appreciated!!! Much love to you all!!!
JUSTICE was SERVED!!! My thoughts & prayers to Sierah's family, Josh, jashrema, friends, community and everyone on here who saw this case through.

I saw him patting his lawyer on the back...like punk your the one who is going to pay the piper! I can't stand the sight of him!!

I thought I saw him mumble or say something to his lawyer. I am assuming <appeal>. Will he have different lawyers for that?

I thought the TV news also said he would .... maybe it is still coming.

WTOL is doing their newscast now for 5:00, they just said they are going to be reporting on the verdict and the community's reaction. Maybe it will be in that.

ETA: Yep they just said comments from her family coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member