GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to RG if indeed she testifies tomorrow that we expect.

I have so many words, but I'm speechless for her.

:grouphug: RG if you indeed are testifying

May we all wrap our arms around you in facing tomorrow.

Such strength she may have to testify.

I have heard years ago she did not want to...and I hope she has family and friends surrounding her for this testimony and testament.

When this first happened I had contacted her through social media. She made mention she would be back in spring of 2018 bit did not say to testify. I wonder if back then in 2016 they had a timeline? I think the thought of this person abducting another woman must put her in a rage that it must be stopped. Continued prayers for this trial.

Update from today’s proceedings:

https://www.crescent-news.com/crime...cle_edcf4a82-0ea5-56c6-8856-47a9480a6c24.html

[FONT=&quot]Dr. Cynthia Beisser, deputy coroner:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
—-The body "somewhat decomposed," (could be due to the summer heat); — evidence that hands had been tied behind her back, and ankles taped together. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] cause of death, "asphyxiation due to mechanical obstruction of the mouth," Beisser: the yellow object found in Joughin's mouth (a dog toy), was roughly the same size as her oral cavity. "If you fill the oral cavity completely, you are essentially cutting off both ways of getting air," Beisser said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]several contusions on left leg, difficult to identify due to decomp; hairline fracture to the occipital bone.

Date of death is when found/recovered, cannot determine an exact time. Alcohol found in her system is not indication of intoxication, but a natural byproduct of decomp.

Saw no evidence of brain trauma, could not determine the cause of the fracture to head.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]no evidence Joughin was still alive when she was buried, such as foreign matter in the lungs, throat or nasal cavities.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

When asked if she could confirm no evidence of secual assault she replied: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"That's what I understand; I didn't get the report back,"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel Davison of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]examination of tire marks found near probsble abduction site
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The red pickup did not match the casts, Davison said, and the front tires on the green truck could have created the impressions, though not exclusively.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Other manufacturers' tires of this type may be indistinguishable from the submitted evidence,

Jessica Mendofik, a forensic scientist with the Ohio BCI
analyzed a palm print and two latent prints found on the helmet.— palm print was inconclusive to Worley, Joughin and Jackson Vandenbusche (son of farmer who retrieved the helmet from the side of the road )
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] inconclusive does not mean the individual did not create the print, only that it cannot be determined for certain. One latent print belonged to Jackson; the other conclusively did not belong to Jackson or Worley, and was inconclusive to SJ.

Maj. Matt Smithmyer of the Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Grew up 1/2 mile from Worley farm, had fished in pond behind Worley barn as a child. Knew JW for 40, years, was questioning JW at the farm when SJ’s body was found.

Tood about *advertiser censored* videos accessed by JW’s computer: many of young girls, kidnapping, bondage and forced, rough sex.

"The females all appear to be scared, not having any control of the situations,"

—reviewed evidence he collected from the shop and barn. He said he removed some items from a black bag inside the green wire crate in the barn, photographing them as evidence.
In green crate: lingerie, bondage restraints, ball gags, adult diapers, white tube socks (similar to what SJ wore when found), industrial zip ties and rope, and other items.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

When asked if the crate resembled one to hold rabbits (as JW said he intended to use it for), he said he didn’t think so.

some items would be common to find on a farm (ex. Gloves, duct tape)

jury saw [FONT=&quot]security cameras footage located at the Evergreen schools, which seem to show Worley returning to the suspected abduction site late in the evening on July 19. Though Worley initially told investigators he had not returned to the site to search for items he'd reportedly lost there — a screwdriver, sunglasses, automotive fuses — he recanted after being advised of the footage, telling investigators he had only been hoping to distance himself from their questioning.

Expect defense to present their case on Friday. tentative date to jury on Monday. [/FONT]

If he didn't rape her my guess is that she died before he intended.

IMO No. Somehow Sierah interrupted the fantasy. The sick fantasy he entertained, fed and planned for. I think she fought him Mach 90 when she could. Their was a sexual component by the evidence and the evidence of how she was dressed when found. She didn't pass on her own. She died by his own hand with the ball gag. I think she knew there was no way out and she fought to the bitter end as much as she could. He strikes me as the type of sick killer that the fantasy has to play his way or he is impotent and gets off on all the other components involved. In my mind she fought and fought hard. God Bless her.

It has been posted that RG will testify tomorrow or his Brother. We shall see. I really thought RG would be at penalty phase but if she is up tomorrow she will cement the deal. Prosecution will bring her up again at penalty phase. I would love to be privy to arguments before the Judge allowing RG at CIC from the Defense. If the Brother testifies tomorrow...most interesting. I would rather see Brother tomorrow for Prosecution than at penalty phase. RG is a strong aggravator. I would prefer brother a witness for Prosecution and not a mitigating witness.

I've always assumed, hate to think about it, to help hide noise.

I've always assumed, hate to think about it, to help hide noise.

It was described early in the case it was shoved so far down her throat and with such force it broke her tooth. So I feel like death happened at this horrific act.

IMO the final act was done out of anger.

She may not have been raped, but I have a gut feeling something else happened. Just by dna etc that was found.
I wish they would live stream for closing they arguements and when the verdict comes back.

She may not have been raped, but I have a gut feeling something else happened. Just by dna etc that was found.
I wish they would live stream for closing they arguements and when the verdict comes back.

I agree. As to the what we will never know. For some reason a rape never happened. At least a rape that was forceful and left evidence. There was definitely a sexual component to this crime.

From Spellbounds post above:

When asked if she could confirm no evidence of secual assault she replied: "That's what I understand; I didn't get the report back,"

What?!?!?! Didn't get the report back!! Well, that annoys me. Because evidence of a sexual assault would solidify this case for any wavering juror. Why in the world would you go to trial without having a report about sexual assault in your hands.

Edit. Cause I'm still annoyed. I actually think showing his *advertiser censored* and then not being able to back it up with sexual assault could hurt them. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Update from today’s proceedings:

https://www.crescent-news.com/crime...cle_edcf4a82-0ea5-56c6-8856-47a9480a6c24.html

[FONT=&quot]Dr. Cynthia Beisser, deputy coroner:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
—-The body "somewhat decomposed," (could be due to the summer heat); — evidence that hands had been tied behind her back, and ankles taped together. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] cause of death, "asphyxiation due to mechanical obstruction of the mouth," Beisser: the yellow object found in Joughin's mouth (a dog toy), was roughly the same size as her oral cavity. "If you fill the oral cavity completely, you are essentially cutting off both ways of getting air," Beisser said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]several contusions on left leg, difficult to identify due to decomp; hairline fracture to the occipital bone.

Date of death is when found/recovered, cannot determine an exact time. Alcohol found in her system is not indication of intoxication, but a natural byproduct of decomp.

Saw no evidence of brain trauma, could not determine the cause of the fracture to head.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]no evidence Joughin was still alive when she was buried, such as foreign matter in the lungs, throat or nasal cavities.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

When asked if she could confirm no evidence of secual assault she replied: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"That's what I understand; I didn't get the report back,"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel Davison of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]examination of tire marks found near probsble abduction site
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The red pickup did not match the casts, Davison said, and the front tires on the green truck could have created the impressions, though not exclusively.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Other manufacturers' tires of this type may be indistinguishable from the submitted evidence,

Jessica Mendofik, a forensic scientist with the Ohio BCI
analyzed a palm print and two latent prints found on the helmet.— palm print was inconclusive to Worley, Joughin and Jackson Vandenbusche (son of farmer who retrieved the helmet from the side of the road )
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] inconclusive does not mean the individual did not create the print, only that it cannot be determined for certain. One latent print belonged to Jackson; the other conclusively did not belong to Jackson or Worley, and was inconclusive to SJ.

Maj. Matt Smithmyer of the Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Grew up 1/2 mile from Worley farm, had fished in pond behind Worley barn as a child. Knew JW for 40, years, was questioning JW at the farm when SJ’s body was found.

Tood about *advertiser censored* videos accessed by JW’s computer: many of young girls, kidnapping, bondage and forced, rough sex.

"The females all appear to be scared, not having any control of the situations,"

—reviewed evidence he collected from the shop and barn. He said he removed some items from a black bag inside the green wire crate in the barn, photographing them as evidence.
In green crate: lingerie, bondage restraints, ball gags, adult diapers, white tube socks (similar to what SJ wore when found), industrial zip ties and rope, and other items.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

When asked if the crate resembled one to hold rabbits (as JW said he intended to use it for), he said he didn’t think so.

some items would be common to find on a farm (ex. Gloves, duct tape)

jury saw [FONT=&quot]security cameras footage located at the Evergreen schools, which seem to show Worley returning to the suspected abduction site late in the evening on July 19. Though Worley initially told investigators he had not returned to the site to search for items he'd reportedly lost there — a screwdriver, sunglasses, automotive fuses — he recanted after being advised of the footage, telling investigators he had only been hoping to distance himself from their questioning.

Expect defense to present their case on Friday. tentative date to jury on Monday. [/FONT]

What vehicle was he in when seen on security camera from school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What vehicle was he in when seen on security camera from school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume he returned on the motorcycle:

http://nbc24.com/news/local/coroner-delivers-gruesome-testimony-in-worley-trial
The final witness for the state Tuesday was Fulton County Sheriff’s Major Matt Smithmeyer. He took the jury through the crime scene.

He also identified Worley’s motorcycle from three hours of Evergreen School security footage.

Also from this article:
You can hold your breath a certain period of time, a short time, but after that your brain becomes starved for air. So, it would be within 10 minutes. There are some variation with individuals, but I would say your brain is starved for air within 10 minutes."

10 minutes is a very long time to suffer with no air. It hurts so much to know her final moments may have been such a struggle. She tried so hard to get away/survive, I believe.

Judge Robinson announced there would be one final witness for the state on Wednesday morning.

From the article:
Defense attorney Mark Berling asked if a motorcycle helmet is the only object able to produce such blunt force injuries. Dr. Beisser said no.
“The possibilities are almost infinite,” she said.

How many other objects did they find covered in her blood that could have caused the injuries? NONE. So I am not sure why he thinks this line of questioning is going to sway anyone to think differently. I understand he has to ask but it still makes me want to :facepalm:

It was described early in the case it was shoved so far down her throat and with such force it broke her tooth. So I feel like death happened at this horrific act.
So hard to believe in the quiet community such a horrified act occurred. I was hoping the coroner would have been able to determine time of death. Still questioning how long SJ was with him and how he was able to sneak out and travel to Road 7.

So hard to believe in the quiet community such a horrified act occurred. I was hoping the coroner would have been able to determine time of death. Still questioning how long SJ was with him and how he was able to sneak out and travel to Road 7.
I believe it's was stated that there was blood on the gag :/

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks for updates I am in and out here for the next hr. or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads