Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
after reading these ohio.com stories, im even more convinced it was the step father. why would she not have taken her car?

after reading these ohio.com stories, im even more convinced it was the step father. why would she not have taken her car?

And if her stepfather had kicked her out of the house as he claimed, why wouldn't she have went to her friends house in Akron?

At that time her mother lived in Springfield, Ohio, which is halfway between Columbus and Dayton.

The driving distance between Akron and Springfield is 172 miles.

It would have taken her a little over 3 hours to drive from Akron to Springfield as the maximum speed limit on the interstates was 55 mph back then.

And if her stepfather had kicked her out of the house as he claimed, why wouldn't she have went to her friends house in Akron?

At that time her mother lived in Springfield, Ohio, which is halfway between Columbus and Dayton.

The driving distance between Akron and Springfield is 172 miles.

It would have taken her a little over 3 hours to drive from Akron to Springfield as the maximum speed limit on the interstates was 55 mph back then.

There is a springfield township right outside of Akron and people around here just refer to it as Springfield.

Also, why would he say that she left on foot but her car vanished shortly after her (if I'm not mistaking there was believed to be only one key to her car, no duplicates) and ended up destroyed at a junkyard before police could get to it?

There is a springfield township right outside of Akron and people around here just refer to it as Springfield.

No doubt that is the correct location

Thank you Owutatangledweb and Ice190 for the clarification. I didn’t realize that there is a Springfield Township outside of the Akron city limits in Summit County, Ohio.

One of the Ohio.com newspaper articles that I read a few days ago mentioned Old Home Road in Springfield.

I have been to Springfield in Clark County, Ohio before and indeed there is an Old Home Road in Springfield, Clark County, Ohio.

I didn’t realize at the time that the Ohio.com newspaper article was talking about Old Home Road in the Akron area.

I live in the Columbus area and whenever Springfield is mentioned to me, out of habit I’m thinking that someone is talking about Springfield over in Clark County.

Owuta and Ice are absolutely right that Springfield Township outside of Akron is the correct location.

After thinking it over, indeed it would have been a long drive for her to have made had she drove from Akron to Springfield in Clark County after having been up all night.

I apologize to all for the confusion about Springfield.

Again my thanks to Owuta and Ice for their clarifications.

Nerosleuth, although I am well north of you, when I hear Springfield, Ohio I also generally think of the Springfield near you. But in this context, dealing with an Akron case, I assumed the other cuz I'm local. I would have done the same thing as you if this wasn't an Akron case.

Nerosleuth, although I am well north of you, when I hear Springfield, Ohio I also generally think of the Springfield near you. But in this context, dealing with an Akron case, I assumed the other cuz I'm local. I would have done the same thing as you if this wasn't an Akron case.

I made the same mistake as Nerosleuth since I was born and raised in Springfield, Ohio. (Clark County)

CarlK is joining me this Sunday at 8:00 PM Eastern on Websleuths Radio to discuss Strongsville Jane.

I'll be contacting Ice190 to see if she can join Carl.

You have to hear this show. It will be amazing.

Don't forget, Sunday 8:00 PM. CLICK HERE to listen

Awesome! Can't wait to hear Carl and (hopefully) Ice as well. I'll post a link to r/UnresolvedMysteries since that's where the ball first got rolling...

CarlK is joining me this Sunday at 8:00 PM Eastern on Websleuths Radio to discuss Strongsville Jane.

I'll be contacting Ice190 to see if she can join Carl.

You have to hear this show. It will be amazing.

Don't forget, Sunday 8:00 PM. CLICK HERE to listen

Tricia had to postpone the interview. She wasn't feeling well.

CarlK and ICE190 join me tonight on Websleuths Radio.

8:00 PM EASTERN. CLICK HERE to listen live or to listen later if you can't make the live show. The link is good during and after the show.

Later in the show, we welcome Sheryl McCollum as she gives us the latest on the Tampa Bay Killer.

NamUs has been updated to DNA sample submitted - tests not complete!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Strongsville Jane Doe was found 43 years ago today, this will likely be the last anniversary she'll spend under the pseudonym.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019
Back