Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't see this article posted here.
Linda Pagano: Remains Found in 1975 Identified as Missing Ohio Girl After Clerical Error Is Corrected
"A break in the case came in 2015, when genealogy researcher Christina Scates encountered a reference to "unknown white female bones" and posted about it on Reddit, where it came to the attention of Carl Koppelman, a forensic artist. "

Yes, there has been plenty of mention of Christina in other sources, but the press conference is the official telling of the story. They should have at least acknowledged that her curiosity was the sine qua non (without which, not) of everything that followed.

I also found it a little curious when the coroner's official said that they never give up. In fact, they did give up on this case. They had forgotten that it even existed, until Christina's persistence brought it to light.

Yes, there has been plenty of mention of Christina in other sources, but the press conference is the official telling of the story. They should have at least acknowledged that her curiosity was the sine qua non (without which, not) of everything that followed.

I also found it a little curious when the coroner's official said that they never give up. In fact, they did give up on this case. They had forgotten that it even existed, until Christina's persistence brought it to light.

I agree. At least Ice190 is being acknowledged in other media. Tonight I had to remind myself it's not about who gets credit, but about bringing Linda her name and bringing her home to her loved ones. [but I guess the part that irks me is what you said Carl, they clearly HAD forgotten her and Christina made countless phone calls and dug for records that were long forgotten along with Linda].

Christina, WE will not forget you OR Linda!! Bravo to you!

I remember this case, and its poster. You will always be the force behind the identify of this long forgotten body, Christina. I hope this case inspires you to look into other local long-forgotten cases, because you've got the talent.

Good thinking about the county fair and carnies. Strongsville is also near Medina County and Summit County. Does Medina and Summit Counties also have their county fair around the time that Cuyahoga County has their county fair?

You jogged my memory concerning carnies. Are there any shopping plazas near the park? The reason I'm asking this is that when I was a kid years ago, amusement park rides, carnival games, and concession stands would appear at a neighborhood shopping plaza for a few days during the warm weather months.

What about music concerts in the Cleveland-Akron area where well known bands played at? Were there any places that had outdoor concerts rather than indoor concerts?

I was also thinking about the railroad trestle. Was there any known hobo or homeless camps nearby along the railroad tracks back then?
Blossom Music Center had big name concerts at that time. I went to see Thre Dog Night in 1974 there. Pink Floyd performed there as well as many big name bands.

Bumping, today is Linda’s birthday.
I just found Linda's case last week and very interesting case. I was born and raised in Summit County. Linda was about 6 years younger. Because I have access to some genealogy and news archives sites I messed around with her case and found a couple interesting things. Ann Marie Claflin, her Mom filed for divorce in 1973, about the same time her future husband, Robert Eugene Collins divorced his wife. Ann and Robert married in 1975. Robert Collins was 28 and Ann Claflin 43 when they married. The age difference almost made Linda more a sister rather than a future step daughter to Robert Collins. Collins first married when he was 18 to someone 33. Robert Collins was ALSO just coming off parole for a five year probation sentence Grand Larceny. I think it's safe to say, Linda may not have felt comfortable living with a man only 10 years older than she with a criminal past? I also found a picture in the Akron Beacon Journal from August 1974 of a STEVE WILSON giving Red Cross Swimming lessons at Magadore Reservoir. The picture taken about three weeks before Linda's disappearance. Could this be the Steve Wilson she had recently met ? the address LE gave for the residence of Steve Wilson, is wrong. NO Wilson lived on Old Home Road in Akron at all. There was a Steve Wilson listed as a Student living on Wheaton Road near Bath Ohio in the Akron 1974 Directory. LE said Steve Wilson was about 20 when he met Linda. So there is a chance this could have been the Steve Wilson in which case. In the 1974 directory he is listed as Student, Steven R. Wilson 185 Wheaton Road, Akron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back