GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I talked to my niece who lives just outside of Logan last night there is so much anger and sadness there She thinks the Defense will seek a change of venue. <Mod Snip>

Hello everyone.....

I am new here and I joined because of this interesting forum. I have been following this case closely, as my husband and I know the Inmans quite well.

A little background if I may.......The Mercy Ranch was not a get rich quick scheme at all. Bill was ordained a minister almost 2 years ago - I remember it clearly because both Bill and Will had to stop working on our house early that day....as they had to drive from Ohio to Tennessee to take the test to become ordained. Will and Bill knew the bible backwards and forwards - it had to take years of study to know it like they did.

Taking in homeless people and helping them was what their new ministry was going to be about. It was "their" church focus and their mission in life....to help these types of people. The truth is, they helped everyone in any way the could, not just the homesless - they gave to others before they gave to themselves......so you can imagine how shocked we are about Summer and what they have done.

Summer's boyfriend, was one of the homeless people they took into their home so he had a place to live ( the entire family Bill, Will, Sandy, Summer, the 3 kids, Bill's mother, and the homeless guy all lived in Bill's home - together) - a short time later after moving him in ( week or two) Summer, the 3 kids, and the homeless guy ran off together. They were in love. Life went downhill from there....and the divorce was nasty, ugly and maddening.

Got to run out to breakfast....so I have to stop here but I look forward to posting with you again.

Are you from Logan? Do you actually know Adam or did the Inman's tell you about him? I'm only wondering because my niece knows Adam's family. She was told Adam hung out and worked with Will but lived with his Mom. There so many stories it's hard to know fact from fiction.

Wow, I have so many questions gum shoe. Like what were the Inmans like? Secretive? How did they act toward Summer before she left the marriage?

For them to think they could get away with this is just dumb. They are seen by witnesses and on video. They may have planned this, but did a horrible job. I hope they all sit in jail a real long time.

How can u be a "pastor" and justify murdering someone? I have so many opinions, but im sitting on my hands.

Welcome Gummieshoe! Did you even see a violent or controlling nature in Bill or Will especially towards women? In your opinion, did they use they knowledge of the Bible to support negative ideals towards women or in any other way? Thank you and I appreciate your opinion on here.

Hello again....I never saw ANY kind of violence from neither Will nor Bill. Including when our main water pipe broke, and ice cold water was squirting in their faces for a 1/2 hour as they tried to fix it - not as much as a cuss word. They were at our home many times, and our neighbors as well - they were the nicest two men you could ever meet - well respected and very trusted. Sandy was with them occassionally - she wore shorts, a tank top like any other person out here at the lake. She usually sat out in the sun- and helped here and there, maybe to pick up a tool they needed, or something to that effect - but I never once saw her mistreated in any way.

Now what happens behind closed doors I have no idea....but our neighbors, nor I ever saw any type of abuse, or disrespect in any way.

Another welcome, Gummieshoe.

I saw a post on another site by someone who said that Summer's boyfriend was never homeless, he lived with his mother while going to school, and only spent one night with the Inmans, as he and the Junior Inman commuted together (if I recall correctly).

My question to you is, when you say that the boyfriend was homeless and the Inmans took him in, how long was it for? And do you have this knowledge first hand, or is that merely what was relayed to you by the Inmans?

Thanks, and I hope that all the questions you are about to get hit with dint chase you off. :)

Our information came from Bill Inman, we do not live in the Logan area. We didn't see Bill for a while, and when we did see him, he had lost a lot of weight. When we asked how the heck he lost so much weight, he told us what had happened. The story above about the homeless guy is what were were told by Bill - Bill was clearly devestated over the breakup, Summer, the children everything. Family was everything to the Inmans and they were proud that they all lived togehter, worked together, and went to church together. Now....what happened behind closed doors....I have no idea. I can only tell you what we were told by Bill.

Wow, I have so many questions gum shoe. Like what were the Inmans like? Secretive? How did they act toward Summer before she left the marriage?

For them to think they could get away with this is just dumb. They are seen by witnesses and on video. They may have planned this, but did a horrible job. I hope they all sit in jail a real long time.

How can u be a "pastor" and justify murdering someone? I have so many opinions, but im sitting on my hands.

I think we all know that court matters can be maddening for sure...but to this extent? Who would have ever dreamed it - certainly not me. I know it was a horrible, ugly divorce.....Will lost custody of the kids - and I am guessing the child support for 3 kids probably took a toll on the famly's finances. Will was going to school - so probably not working as much as he does in the summer for his dad. I think they were probably embarassed about the "divorce" for religious reasons as well...in fact, when I heard where Summer's body was dumped....the first thing that came to my mind was that it was meant to be "symbolic" .

If it is true that he threatened to kill Summer if she took the kids...the courts may not have even been allowed to see the kids at all - even supervised - I don't know...I am guessing like the rest of you might on that.

Thanks for your reply!

Another question - as they were ordained, did the Inman men ever have any kind of a church, a congregation of sorts, followers, etc? Or was the family the only church members?

His old ranch website mentioned he once ran a church called "house of prayer", I think. Did this actually exist, was there a building, attendees, etc? And if it did, do you know where it was, and what happened to it when it closed?

Thanks again for your time and patience :)

I never once met Summer....I knew that she was Will's wife and that they had 3 kids. The only thing I know about Summer was that she tried to get a cleaning job out here at the lake from one of our friends when Summer and Will split up. She was not hired by my friend because it was such a far drive for Summer and there wasn't that much work for my friend to offer her.

Reading today's paper it sounds like it was planned well in advance (Columbus dispatch) I don't know how anyone could murder another person no matter what your profession is. It is beyond my comprehension.

Sandy was with them occassionally - she wore shorts, a tank top like any other person out here at the lake. She usually sat out in the sun- and helped here and there, maybe to pick up a tool they needed, or something to that effect - but I never once saw her mistreated in any way.

Now what happens behind closed doors I have no idea....but our neighbors, nor I ever saw any type of abuse, or disrespect in any way.

...snipped and bolded by me...

Welcome to WS, Gummieshoe.

The part of your post above that I have bolded is very interesting to me and also not really surprising to me at the same time. I am not buying a battered woman's defense in the case of Sandra, but I think that's what she will try to claim in court.

Thanks for your reply!

Another question - as they were ordained, did the Inman men ever have any kind of a church, a congregation of sorts, followers, etc? Or was the family the only church members?

His old ranch website mentioned he once ran a church called "house of prayer", I think. Did this actually exist, was there a building, attendees, etc? And if it did, do you know where it was, and what happened to it when it closed?

Thanks again for your time and patience :)

I know their goal was to have their own church - now whether they ever accomplished that or not, I have no idea. Will used to have a FB page that he eventually took down about his ministry - I don't even remember the name of it to be honest. I think Bill told my husband he took it down because there was little or no interest. They were VERY active in their chruch and honestly, these two guys knew the scripture and bible better than anyone I know.

My husband loves to debate the bible and religon - and would ask them questions - if they didn't know the answer, Will would look it up on his Iphone or Ipad whichever it was...and find out the answer.

They never once tried to get us to join any kid of church - never invited us to their church - and never tried to push religion on us at all.

...snipped and bolded by me...

Welcome to WS, Gummieshoe.

The part of your post above that I have bolded is very interesting to me and also not really surprising to me at the same time. I am not buying a battered woman's defense in the case of Sandra, but I think that's what she will try to claim in court.

Again, one never knows what goes on behind closed doors in someone's home. The Bill Inman I see fighting with the police officer on the video astounds me - as I never saw any sort of display of temper whatsoever.

Just my own opinion - but the more I read and the more I see on TV etc...it certainly makes me wonder what those two women were truly going through behind closed doors. It truly breaks my heart.

ETA: I now wonder if the homeless man didn't run off with Summer and The children to save Summer from an abusive situation - I just don't know.

I'm reminded of that old quote about how even the devil can quote scripture :eek:hoh:

One more question before I have to run out, if that's okay - on the younger Inmans facebook page, he was "friends" with a group or organization, or maybe it was just some guy? called "biblical marriages", the major tenet of which was advocating for plural marriage from a Christian standpoint. Did the Inmans, either junior or senior, ever speak of this issue to you, or maybe to your husband, when he would debate religion with them? Was this one of their beliefs, do you think?

It sounds like I would like your husband. I enjoy debating and discussing religion as well. I guess because I'm a peace and social justice cradle catholic who has had way too many proselytizers come to the door over the years lol. I took my cue from my Dad and started debating with them instead of letting them irritate me. :innocent: I have enjoyed some convos with the Mormons (nicest guys ever), JWs, and some random baptists over the years. :)

I have to be honest and say that I wish Adam or someone in his circle of friends or family would make a public statement refuting or confirming the accusation that he was or is homeless.

There's nothing wrong in my mind with someone being homeless. It could happen to almost any of us, but in this case it seems to be getting mentioned with a negative connotation or overtone implied and if he was not homeless, I think his name deserves to be cleared of such an accusation.

I have to be honest and say that I wish Adam or someone in his circle of friends or family would make a public statement refuting or confirming the accusation that he was or is homeless.

There's nothing wrong in my mind with someone being homeless. It could happen to almost any of us, but in this case it seems to be getting mentioned with a negative connotation or overtone implied and if he was not homeless, I think his name deserves to be cleared of such an accusation.

I will say this, on his FB page (his wall is public), he is a very well-spoken young man. He spells properly and uses proper grammar. He appears to be a very kind person.

I will say this, on his FB page (his wall is public), he is a very well-spoken young man. He spells properly and uses proper grammar. He appears to be a very kind person.

Thanks, I haven't seen his FB page.

I feel very sad for him, though. As if having his girlfriend tortured, murdered, and dumped isn't enough pain and stress for one person, there are people on the internet spreading what I think are mistruths about his character, habits, and housing situation.

Welcome Gummieshoe! Did you even see a violent or controlling nature in Bill or Will especially towards women? In your opinion, did they use they knowledge of the Bible to support negative ideals towards women or in any other way? Thank you and I appreciate your opinion on here.

They treated me with the utmost respect. I never heard them say anything disrespectful about any woman, or any other person for that matter. They did work for several other neighbors as well...and not one of them ever said a negative word about either of them either. When they spoke about other people we knew...they always spoke in a respectful manner, and never spread any kind of gossip or said anything out of line. Where we live is a tiny community so if there was any type of problem with their work or actions, we would have heard about it.

They were as professional as anyone could possibly be and again, never as much as a cuss word. Never once.

Yes he does....I do not know him at all. In fact, I wonder if maybe he isn't the second boyfriend after the "homeless man" - I "think" he is the same man, but I can not be positive.

Whatever the case may be...my heart goes out to him, and I hope he truly loved Summer and the children. I hope he was good and kind to her in the short time they were together.

If he was the homeless man and he tried to save her from abuse...he is a hero in my eyes.

I'm reminded of that old quote about how even the devil can quote scripture :eek:hoh:

One more question before I have to run out, if that's okay - on the younger Inmans facebook page, he was "friends" with a group or organization, or maybe it was just some guy? called "biblical marriages", the major tenet of which was advocating for plural marriage from a Christian standpoint. Did the Inmans, either junior or senior, ever speak of this issue to you, or maybe to your husband, when he would debate religion with them? Was this one of their beliefs, do you think?

It sounds like I would like your husband. I enjoy debating and discussing religion as well. I guess because I'm a peace and social justice cradle catholic who has had way too many proselytizers come to the door over the years lol. I took my cue from my Dad and started debating with them instead of letting them irritate me. :innocent: I have enjoyed some convos with the Mormons (nicest guys ever), JWs, and some random baptists over the years. :)

I was there when discussing religion several time... and the only topic of biblical marriage was my husband asking them this question - if Adam and Eve were the only two people on earth - who did Cain and Able marry and where did their wives come from??? The debate took off from there. Nothing was ever discussed about plural marriages - women should have their place, nothing like that - all biblical and respectful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back