GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the links I posted last week, indicated they were going to give us the story on "what happened" to cause the Inmans' to uproot and move to Florida.

I didn't see the story, did anyone else?

I couldn't find any reference for an RV accident on a highway in Yellowstone, when searching Google archives for July/August 2009. This was referenced in WIsr's "letter", his testimonial, that he had on his cached website.

Just wondered if the 13 body bag story was true?

I also wonder if there is a little trail of unsolved crimes out there. I could probably be persuaded that this was their first, only and most horrific crime, ONLY because of their sheer stupidity in committing the acts with so many witnesses.

Othewise, I would suggest that there could be many crimes, including, possibly, one involving another Inman, as sleuthed out by Nero (great find NEROSLEUTH!!!).

Bill and Will did have "real jobs" and did "real work". We know because one of their jobs was for us - remodeling our home and they were here off and on for two summers.

Did they ever place an ad in their local newspaper advertising their services as home improvement?

Did they ever talk about being involved with Habitat For Humanity that you know of?

I suspect that I may have stumbled onto something here.

There is a newspaper article that appeared in the Columbus Dispatch on Sunday morning regarding the Summer Inman case.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...g.html?sid=101

Now here's what caught my attention. In the newspaper article about the Inmans,

Bill then led his family - Sandy, their son, Will; their daughter-in-law, Summer; and the grandkids - to Florida for two years in search of construction work for himself and Will. But they lost their home in Arcadia to foreclosure.

Bill returned to Ohio in mid-2008 with the family in tow and new designs on the ministry, this time in rural Vinton County.

Now take a very good look at this WebSleuths thread from Arcadia, Florida from three months ago.

Found Deceased FL - Diane Mae "Sissy" Inman, 49, DeSoto County, 31 Dec 2010

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ighlight=inman

I don't know if this Diane Inman from Arcadia, Florida is related in any way to the Inman’s that just murdered Summer Inman.

It is my understanding from the WS thread on Diane Inman that she went missing on New Year's Eve.

Then she was found dead in her car a few weeks later in an orange grove.

Diane Inman's death was ruled to be a suicide by Florida authorities.

All I'm saying here is that it's just odd that two folks that have the same surname associated with the same area (Arcadia) go missing within three months that have a tragic ending.

Good find, Nero... I googled and found the obituary of Diane's mother and it doesn't appear to be the same Inmans, though. Unless distantly related?

http://www.tributes.com/show/Flois-Montgomery-86533732

Did they ever place an ad in their local newspaper advertising their services as home improvement?

Did they ever talk about being involved with Habitat For Humanity that you know of?

No, they didn't advertize in the paper....they had a ton of work just through word of mouth. They also had business cards which they gave out, and gave extras to people they did work for so we would recommend them to others. On the business card it says "Let us earn your trust"....sighhhhh.

They never mentioned Habitat for Humanity to me - I will ask my husband if they did to him. Bill did ask my husband to purchase a raffle ticket for "Mercy Ranch" and my husband said he would think about it - but then ignored the request.

From the Seattle P-I article linked above:

Larry McKinniss, who is married to the grandmother of Summer's husband, said it was "common knowledge" that the younger couple had problems in their*marriage.

"(Summer) started living with a guy right in their house and then moved out with him," he said Tuesday, adding that his family would say more in a statement at a later*date.

Sure Larry, try to justify it. I don't care if she lived with a thousand guys in their house, you don't go to the extreme step of KILLING her to get the problems to stop! Duh! Honestly, does this guy know how stupid is statement comes across? A woman has been brutally murdered, you don't go trying to give excuses for the people who did it. You say I'm so sorry my family members did such a horrible thing. No one deserves to die like this. And if you can't say that, then you SHUT. UP.

I can't wait for the "family statement". You just know they're going to paint her as an immoral adulteress or something, that brought this on herself. Typical of people with troglodytic views on women. :furious:

I didnt think I could possibly get any angrier about this case than I was already, but thanks to Larry here, I now realize how wrong I was about that!

I don't think anyone is making excuses or trying to justify what the Inmans did. I'm certainly not - however the WHOLE TRUTH of what happened is, and needs, to be exposed, as there are plenty of other women in similar situations hearing this story, and reading these blogs and forums.

Yes, Summer had every right to want a divorce, she had every right to fall in love but when someone is living in a violent/abusive atmosphere - you don't stoke the fires by running off with a boyfriend, moving in with him, and then, posting a "family style" picture with the abusers' children sitting on her boyfriends lap on FB!! That was foolishly dangerous. That added fuel to the fire of an already highly contentious, nasty divorce....and it was maddening to the controlling abusers.

When someone says they are going to kill you - BELIEVE THEM. The moment Will Inman threatened to kill Summer - her boyfriend, her knight in shining armor, needed to take Summer and the children to a domestic violence shelter ( of which there are SEVERAL in her surrounding areas) - where Summer and the children would have been protected throughout this horrible divorce. "Their" love life, and "their" future together, needed to be put on hold until the courts made their decisions and saw that Summer and the children were safe.

Moving in together, doing the 'family" pic on FB, wearing the "I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem" shirt, Adam showing up at the Inman's when she got her clothes, etc... ALL would cause explosive reactions to ANY person with a violent temper. These are things you DON'T do when one is in a violent marriage or relationship and your spouse is threatening to kill you.

My heart goes out to Summer, her children, her family and friends - but it's time that people put a Band-Aid over their politically correct, bleeding hearts and stop pretending what Adam and Summer did was okay because 'they' were in love, or 'they" deserved to be happy, or because she is now, the deceased victim - It wasn't okay.... their PRIORITY needed to be about Summer and the children's SAFETY FIRST. "They" were blatantly, ignorantly foolish and continually provoked 3 people with violent tempers, one of which said outright he was going to kill her - and sadly, it cost Summer her life.

Let the truth be exposed for the sake and safety of others that may be in the same or similar position - who might be thinking of doing the same thing. Protect yourself and your children first.....Domestic Violence shelters are there to help those in need. Take advantage of them, they WILL help and protect you as long as it is needed.

"They" were blatantly, ignorantly foolish and continually provoked 3 people with violent tempers, one of which said outright he was going to kill her - and sadly, it cost Summer her life.

Summer's life wasn't lost. It wasn't a "cost" paid due to something she did. It was TAKEN, by the Inmans, not because of what SHE did, but because of what THEY did.

You can call this politically correct (soooo tired of that dismissal; is it still 1994?), but what it is is placing the blame squarely where it belongs. You might have a point if you were talking about provoking a wild animal in the forest, but we're talking about two men who are functioning adults who understand on some level that murder is wrong. if you don't like the behavior of someone in your house, you send them packing. If you don't like the shirt someone is wearing, tough $hit, you shouldn't be watching them while they're working their night cleaning job. If you don't like the fact that your ex is dating someone new, and happily, then instead of say, strangling her with a zip tie, maybe you should stop lurking on their FB pages and get a life of your own. Maybe if you don't want your ex coming to get her stuff with her new boyfriend, you shouldn't make her feel threatened and unsafe if she comes over by herself.

And yes, I think what Summer and Adam did was perfectly okay. She was getting a divorce. She was moving on. She had a job, and plans for a life. Is there something wrong here I'm not seeing? And even if she did live with him at the Inmans house, so what? Since when has the punishment for adultery been death, in this country? Are we living under some bizarre theocracy or something? Heck, it seems like the MORE you commit adultery, the better off you are, in certain circles. It's done WONDERS for say, Newt Gingrich, the serial husband who I'm seeing in the news is going to run for president yet again. But I guess if you spout the right (non-"bleeding heart") religious crap, it's okay. THEN you deserve forgiveness, instead of being shoved into a septic tank, for your sins. :eek:hoh:

Summer's life wasn't lost. It wasn't a "cost" paid due to something she did. It was TAKEN, by the Inmans, not because of what SHE did, but because of what THEY did.

You can call this politically correct (soooo tired of that dismissal; is it still 1994?), but what it is is placing the blame squarely where it belongs. You might have a point if you were talking about provoking a wild animal in the forest, but we're talking about two men who are functioning adults who understand on some level that murder is wrong. if you don't like the behavior of someone in your house, you send them packing. If you don't like the shirt someone is wearing, tough $hit, you shouldn't be watching them while they're working their night cleaning job. If you don't like the fact that your ex is dating someone new, and happily, then instead of say, strangling her with a zip tie, maybe you should stop lurking on their FB pages and get a life of your own. Maybe if you don't want your ex coming to get her stuff with her new boyfriend, you shouldn't make her feel threatened and unsafe if she comes over by herself.

And yes, I think what Summer and Adam did was perfectly okay. She was getting a divorce. She was moving on. She had a job, and plans for a life. Is there something wrong here I'm not seeing? And even if she did live with him at the Inmans house, so what? Since when has the punishment for adultery been death, in this country? Are we living under some bizarre theocracy or something? Heck, it seems like the MORE you commit adultery, the better off you are, in certain circles. It's done WONDERS for say, Newt Gingrich, the serial husband who I'm seeing in the news is going to run for president yet again. But I guess if you spout the right (non-"bleeding heart") religious crap, it's okay. THEN you deserve forgiveness, instead of being shoved into a septic tank, for your sins. :eek:hoh:

What the Inmans obviously were, was worse than a wild animal in the forest - they were dangerous, out of control, lunatics. When someone like that is threatening to kill you - they are unquestionably mentally unstable, and can not be "trusted" to do the right thing....which is to walk away and move on. Therefore, you protect yourself and your children in any way you can.

And yes, both her and her boyfriend did contribute to the problem by continually provoking three people that were already proving themselves to be volatile monsters and threatening to kill her.

What you are not seeing, is that under SOME circumstances, you need to be extremely careful....you protect yourself and your children first, take your time, step back, keep quiet, lay low and do what is necessary to STAY SAFE.

I don't think anyone is making excuses or trying to justify what the Inmans did. I'm certainly not - however the WHOLE TRUTH of what happened is, and needs, to be exposed, as there are plenty of other women in similar situations hearing this story, and reading these blogs and forums.

Yes, Summer had every right to want a divorce, she had every right to fall in love but when someone is living in a violent/abusive atmosphere - you don't stoke the fires by running off with a boyfriend, moving in with him, and then, posting a "family style" picture with the abusers' children sitting on her boyfriends lap on FB!! That was foolishly dangerous. That added fuel to the fire of an already highly contentious, nasty divorce....and it was maddening to the controlling abusers.

When someone says they are going to kill you - BELIEVE THEM. The moment Will Inman threatened to kill Summer - her boyfriend, her knight in shining armor, needed to take Summer and the children to a domestic violence shelter ( of which there are SEVERAL in her surrounding areas) - where Summer and the children would have been protected throughout this horrible divorce. "Their" love life, and "their" future together, needed to be put on hold until the courts made their decisions and saw that Summer and the children were safe.

Moving in together, doing the 'family" pic on FB, wearing the "I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem" shirt, Adam showing up at the Inman's when she got her clothes, etc... ALL would cause explosive reactions to ANY person with a violent temper. These are things you DON'T do when one is in a violent marriage or relationship and your spouse is threatening to kill you.

My heart goes out to Summer, her children, her family and friends - but it's time that people put a Band-Aid over their politically correct, bleeding hearts and stop pretending what Adam and Summer did was okay because 'they' were in love, or 'they" deserved to be happy, or because she is now, the deceased victim - It wasn't okay.... their PRIORITY needed to be about Summer and the children's SAFETY FIRST. "They" were blatantly, ignorantly foolish and continually provoked 3 people with violent tempers, one of which said outright he was going to kill her - and sadly, it cost Summer her life.

Let the truth be exposed for the sake and safety of others that may be in the same or similar position - who might be thinking of doing the same thing. Protect yourself and your children first.....Domestic Violence shelters are there to help those in need. Take advantage of them, they WILL help and protect you as long as it is needed.

I have to totally agree with you.
A rOrder will not protect you at all as we see over and over again.

Settle your divorce ask the judge if you can move out of state for your safety and then move on.

Do NOT taunt you ex with the new Bf and dont flaunt the pics of the kids on said BF's lap.

Too many times we see women killed because of a new BF...

There are too many men out there that feel if i cant have her he cant either.
This was not an amical divorce obviously. Thank god he didnt kill the children because they often do that also

This case is still haunting me and I fear it will for some time. I actually had a dream (more like a nightmare) about it last night. I am so very angry and sad about Summer's murder. I am sickened that they both psychologically and physically tortured her in the months and the final moments before they slaughtered her.

And they are probably going to try to claim it was for the children? I am just sickened by all of this.

I will not put any blame AT ALL on Summer for this. I think she was raised in a somewhat sheltered and church-controlled environment. She was not a worldly and experienced woman. She was very very young. She just turned 25 at the end of December. That is so young. Yes, I know she was a mom and being a mom can make you grow up quickly. But she got married and pregnant at what, 18 years of age? How could she have known what she was getting herself into? I think she was probably a very trusting girl and that trust was completely abused and obliterated.

What the Inmans obviously were, was worse than a wild animal in the forest - they were dangerous, out of control, lunatics. When someone like that is threatening to kill you - they are unquestionably mentally unstable, and can not be "trusted" to do the right thing....which is to walk away and move on. Therefore, you protect yourself and your children in any way you can.

And yes, both her and her boyfriend did contribute to the problem by continually provoking three people that were already proving themselves to be volatile monsters and threatening to kill her.

What you are not seeing, is that under SOME circumstances, you need to be extremely careful....you protect yourself and your children first, take your time, step back, keep quiet, lay low and do what is necessary to STAY SAFE.

I find your logic a little on the side of defense for the Inmans. The problem here is that she had left him by at least June of last year if I recall. Many months later to have a picture of your finace with your children is normal. What Adam should have done is delete William Inman from his friends list.

I think that many women are sheltered enough to think that once they are out of a situation, they are safe.

The INMANS are the only ones to blame here. Summer and Adam, Summer's parents, Summer's children, and Summer's friends are ALL victims and nothing more. What's more - Summer was at work, not at the Inman's home or in their neighborhood. How could she have anticipated such a bold attack?

Whether Summer moved out to be with another man or not is irrelevant. That happens every day. In her case, it is obvious that she SHOULD have moved out. The "True Love" letter that Adam found is touching and true. How many abused women find this eventually. It is wonderful that she found this before she died.

Were the Inmans dangerous? Do any of us really know when someone is going to be willing to follow through with a threat. The threat was made on their property while Summer was at their home. They were in their comfort zone. This was a "Pastor" for cripes sake. Summer may have known them well while she lived with them. They may have been controlling; but she felt that she had escaped this and was going to have her "happily ever after". Noone should belittle her for that.

I believe from posts I found on Adam's FB that he was with Summer at least in June of last year. He wrote that he had found true happiness. He wrote that he was in a relationship. I wonder when Summer left William Jr compared to when they were divorced?

I am curious Gummieshoe. Have you written on any other forums regarding your feelings about Summer and the Inmans?

I find your logic a little on the side of defense for the Inmans. The problem here is that she had left him by at least June of last year if I recall. Many months later to have a picture of your finace with your children is normal. What Adam should have done is delete William Inman from his friends list.

I think that many women are sheltered enough to think that once they are out of a situation, they are safe.

The INMANS are the only ones to blame here. Summer and Adam, Summer's parents, Summer's children, and Summer's friends are ALL victims and nothing more. What's more - Summer was at work, not at the Inman's home or in their neighborhood. How could she have anticipated such a bold attack?

Whether Summer moved out to be with another man or not is irrelevant. That happens every day. In her case, it is obvious that she SHOULD have moved out. The "True Love" letter that Adam found is touching and true. How many abused women find this eventually. It is wonderful that she found this before she died.

Were the Inmans dangerous? Do any of us really know when someone is going to be willing to follow through with a threat. The threat was made on their property while Summer was at their home. They were in their comfort zone. This was a "Pastor" for cripes sake. Summer may have known them well while she lived with them. They may have been controlling; but she felt that she had escaped this and was going to have her "happily ever after". Noone should belittle her for that.

I believe from posts I found on Adam's FB that he was with Summer at least in June of last year. He wrote that he had found true happiness. He wrote that he was in a relationship. I wonder when Summer left William Jr compared to when they were divorced?

I am curious Gummieshoe. Have you written on any other forums regarding your feelings about Summer and the Inmans?

First...I am not defending the Inman's in any way, shape or form.

When someone marries/lives with a mentally unstable, violent Mr. Wrong, who is blatantly threatening to kill them....their 'right to's' need to be set aside for their safety, and the safety of their children - no matter how long it takes. The mistake of marrying someone violent, causes you to have to take precautions that others getting a divorce, or ending a relationship, might not have to.

When someone flat out tells you they are going to kill you - you best believe them and err on the side of caution. Protect yourself and your children at all costs and lose the "I'll show you", "I'm moving on with my life" attitude. It isn't safe under those circumstances.

Taunting a provoking violent, mentally unstable people such as the Inmans, is as foolish as taunting and provoking someone that breaks in your house and is threatening to harm you if you don't give them money, jewelry, or whatever it is they want.

Per your question - Adam Peters went from being "single" to "it's complicated." on May 4, 2010 at 6:04pm on his FB page... and revealed he was in a relationship with SI on August 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm.

Yes, I have written other forums.

ETA - You do know Summer had a restraining order on him for threatening to kill her - right?

ok wait a minute. Taunting? How was Summer taunting? Its been over a year now since she left him. Give me a break.

Do we really know if Summer knew that were that mentally unstable enough to kill her??? Yeah she had a restraining order, but so does a lot of people!! Adam showing up when she got her clothes, of course why would she want to go alone?

And since the dad had visitation of children what if the children did something that grandpa or dad didnt like? What if they dated, or decided to be an athiest, or got tattoos then what? Got into an argument? Don't provoke daddy, timmy he's unstable. He might kill you son. Be careful? Are we seriously saying this?? Or what if I'm in business with them and there is an altercation? We are suppose to tip toe around the crazy Inmans? Thats not even realistic.

And I'm confused on how the Inmans proved themselves unstable when according to neighbors, fellow church goers and clients they were stable normal people. So....which one is it?

Also, I know the Inmans worked on house and the like, but did they even have a real construction business like with permits, business license etc.? I'm not trying to be mean, but I know plenty of people who work on houses and do construction, but that doesnt mean its a stable legitimate business.

ok wait a minute. Taunting? How was Summer taunting? Its been over a year now since she left him. Give me a break.

Do we really know if Summer knew that were that mentally unstable enough to kill her??? Yeah she had a restraining order, but so does a lot of people!! Adam showing up when she got her clothes, of course why would she want to go alone?

And since the dad had visitation of children what if the children did something that grandpa or dad didnt like? What if they dated, or decided to be an athiest, or got tattoos then what? Got into an argument? Don't provoke daddy, timmy he's unstable. He might kill you son. Be careful? Are we seriously saying this?? Or what if I'm in business with them and there is an altercation? We are suppose to tip toe around the crazy Inmans? Thats not even realistic.

And I'm confused on how the Inmans proved themselves unstable when according to neighbors, fellow church goers and clients they were stable normal people. So....which one is it?

Also, I know the Inmans worked on house and the like, but did they even have a real construction business like with permits, business license etc.? I'm not trying to be mean, but I know plenty of people who work on houses and do construction, but that doesnt mean its a stable legitimate business.

This was a highly contested, nasty, child custody divorce. The situation was escalating rapidly....and tempers were flaring. Divorces are generally disturbing for anyone but this one was really out of control.

I doubt there was any question in Summer's mind that her and her children were in danger...If there was a doubt in her mind, someone should have spoke up to remind her of the following.......

Her "friends" freely talk about the horrible, abusive relationship she was in and how she desperately wanted out. It has been written in the newspapers and documented in court records how Will hid her cell phone, hid her keys, would hold her captive, and threatened to kill her if she tried to leave him and took the children. She was granted a restraining order because she feared for her life and her children's. She was basically living in a cultish environment and supposedly told how to dress, when to eat, and when to go to bed. Summer had a safety plan in place for when she left work.

In the newspapers, it has been discussed how people in their social circle knew Bill was the king and controlled his household and his cultish Mercy Ranch. BI was losing control, his daughter-in-law was an adulteress, a sinner, took the kids, left the 'cult", broke sonny's heart, and was costing them a fortune in legal fees, they were being evicted with no where to go, and the judges last ruling ( March 1st I think it was) was against the Inmans.

We all saw the video of a volatile Bill Inman when she went to get her clothes, where he is fist fighting with a police officer, until they tazered him and took him to jail where charges were filed.

All of the things mentioned are the tip of the iceberg.

I don't know what other "signs" one might need to know their life is seriously in danger, or why they would have a safety plan in place with family members, if they thought the Inmans were just being idiots and simply blowing hot air.

Had Summer been immediately taken to a DV shelter by a parent, friend, or boyfriend....she would probably be alive today. Summer would not have been working late hours at the bank, because the shelter would have provided her and her children with food, clothes, and amenities she needed as long as necessary. She would have been given a free atty that specializes in these types of cases, and her DV case would have been a priority in the court system. Counselors would have been there to guide her, and go to court with her when needed. Her safety and her children's safety would have been the priority.

Last, you can't compare the "nice" Inmans who worked for people and paid them, or the Inmans that went to church services and social church functions....with the "Inmans" that were religiously fanatic, mind controlling and abusive to their wives in their home.

This was a highly contested, nasty, child custody divorce. The situation was escalating rapidly....and tempers were flaring. Divorces are generally disturbing for anyone but this one was really out of control.

I doubt there was any question in Summer's mind that her and her children were in danger...If there was a doubt in her mind, someone should have spoke up to remind her of the following.......

Her "friends" freely talk about the horrible, abusive relationship she was in and how she desperately wanted out. It has been written in the newspapers and documented in court records how Will hid her cell phone, hid her keys, would hold her captive, and threatened to kill her if she tried to leave him and took the children. She was granted a restraining order because she feared for her life and her children's. She was basically living in a cultish environment and supposedly told how to dress, when to eat, and when to go to bed. Summer had a safety plan in place for when she left work.

In the newspapers, it has been discussed how people in their social circle knew Bill was the king and controlled his household and his cultish Mercy Ranch. BI was losing control, his daughter-in-law was an adulteress, a sinner, took the kids, left the 'cult", broke sonny's heart, and was costing them a fortune in legal fees, they were being evicted with no where to go, and the judges last ruling ( March 1st I think it was) was against the Inmans.

We all saw the video of a volatile Bill Inman when she went to get her clothes, where he is fist fighting with a police officer, until they tazered him and took him to jail where charges were filed.

All of the things mentioned are the tip of the iceberg.

I don't know what other "signs" one might need to know their life is seriously in danger, or why they would have a safety plan in place with family members, if they thought the Inmans were just being idiots and simply blowing hot air.

Had Summer been immediately taken to a DV shelter by a parent, friend, or boyfriend....she would probably be alive today. Summer would not have been working late hours at the bank, because the shelter would have provided her and her children with food, clothes, and amenities she needed as long as necessary. She would have been given a free atty that specializes in these types of cases, and her DV case would have been a priority in the court system. Counselors would have been there to guide her, and go to court with her when needed. Her safety and her children's safety would have been the priority.

Last, you can't compare the "nice" Inmans who worked for people and paid them, or the Inmans that went to church services and social church functions....with the "Inmans" that were religiously fanatic, mind controlling and abusive to their wives in their home.

Wow, you are really close to blaming the victim here...rather than the freaks who apparently murdered her in cold blood. I don't think Summer was ever going to safe from these people; they may have had to try a different plan, but they were obviously determined to kill her.

Wow, you are really close to blaming the victim here...rather than the freaks who apparently murdered her in cold blood. I don't think Summer was ever going to safe from these people; they may have had to try a different plan, but they were obviously determined to kill her.

You know what....I must be a really lousy writer if I appear to be blaming the victim.

All I can say is I know the fanatics the Inmans were - and how and why Summer's actions were against their religion and their beliefs...how she was considered a sinner and adulteress in the "churches" and the "Inman's" eyes.

You can pretend that I am blaming the victim if you wish, but I assure you it isn't the case. I also think if this was your own daughter going through this same scenario, and having her life threatened - you would see and read things differently. If not....so be it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back