OH - Tamir Rice, 12, with pellet gun, fatally shot by Cleveland LEO, Wrongful Death suit, Nov 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was a TWELVE YEAR OLD CHILD.

Ethan Couch killed four people. Probation.

Tamir commited NO CRIME AT ALL. Death by cop.

Yeah. Equality.

There will always be a justification. Always. And there are people who will always be satisfied.

I don't know what will ever help but at least the people who are protesting are trying to do something. So far nothing's worked. :(

Pointing an airsoft gun at people is a crime. It's not just playing with a toy. It's assault.

So repeatedly stating "just a kid playing with a toy" is incorrect.

Examples:

13-year-old charged with assault after pointing fake gun at people

http://krqe.com/2015/11/26/13-year-old-charged-with-assault-after-pointing-fake-gun-at-people/

Police: Two arrested after pointing airsoft guns at people, leading cops on chase

http://portcitydaily.com/2014/12/01...airsoft-guns-at-people-leading-cops-on-chase/

Police issue reminder after Georgina teenager charged for pointing pellet gun at passing car

http://m.yorkregion.com/news-story/...harged-for-pointing-pellet-gun-at-passing-car

I'm personally pretty hacked off at the Ethan Couch situation. I think he belongs in big boy prison for decades. But that situation has nothing at all to do with Tamir Rice. The two terrible situations should not be conflated.

Hopefully we can all agree to stick to Tamir Rice and HIS actions in this thread.

Pointing an airsoft gun at people is a crime. It's not just playing with a toy. It's assault.

So repeatedly stating "just a kid playing with a toy" is incorrect.

Examples:

13-year-old charged with assault after pointing fake gun at people

http://krqe.com/2015/11/26/13-year-old-charged-with-assault-after-pointing-fake-gun-at-people/

Police: Two arrested after pointing airsoft guns at people, leading cops on chase

http://portcitydaily.com/2014/12/01...airsoft-guns-at-people-leading-cops-on-chase/

Police issue reminder after Georgina teenager charged for pointing pellet gun at passing car

http://m.yorkregion.com/news-story/...harged-for-pointing-pellet-gun-at-passing-car

Yeah, killing four people while drunk pff your *advertiser censored* is also a crime.

But if you are white, you get probation for that.

If you are black, you get shot to death for playing with a toy gun.

And I call the LE version of events total crap. Nothing but lies upon lies upon lies from all kinds of LE these days.

Also, 12-year-old child.

"If you are black, you get shot to death for playing with a toy gun. "

Excellent point, because that is what happened in this case - a child was playing with a toy and bloodthirsty police just looking for someone to kill drove up and executed him. This should not be surprising because all people that pursue a law enforcement career are just looking to kill with impugnity.

I'm personally pretty hacked off at the Ethan Couch situation. I think he belongs in big boy prison for decades. But that situation has nothing at all to do with Tamir Rice. The two terrible situations should not be conflated.

Hopefully we can all agree to stick to Tamir Rice and HIS actions in this thread.

I think it illustrates how a white child who kills numerous people is given every consideration, whereas a black child who COMMITTED NO CRIME was shot to death.

If only these cops were there for Ethan's first several criminal doings, four people might be alive. They would have shot him dead just for the statutory rape thing or being drunk and peeing on the Family Dollar.

But, yeah. I am sure if Tamir were Ethan, it would have had the same outcome.

LE was called because Tamir was committing a crime. Saying "no crime" over and over doesn't change the facts.

Pointing a very real looking gun at other humans is a crime.

"If you are black, you get shot to death for playing with a toy gun. "

Excellent point, because that is what happened in this case - a child was playing with a toy and bloodthirsty police just looking for someone to kill drove up and executed him. This should not be surprising because all people that pursue a law enforcement career are just looking to kill with impugnity.

I agree. The more I read about police brutality, the more I think your statement is spot on. And it is very sad. I think, though, that race does play a big part. If Tamir were a white prepster, he would be sent away to some school in Greenwich, not shot dead.

For absolutely NO CRIME. Oh, and he was TWELVE.

Did you see the link I posted about the woman pointing a weapon at police officers? Because yeah, it's getting harder and harder to pretend it's not what it so obviously is.

That was an ld lady that was yelling SHOOT ME at the cops. It was obviously a 'suicide by cop' scenario. And she threw the gun down herself and said it was a fake. So how can you compare the two incidents?

I agree. The more I read about police brutality, the more I think your statement is spot on. And it is very sad. I think, though, that race does play a big part. If Tamir were a white prepster, he would be sent away to some school in Greenwich, not shot dead.

For absolutely NO CRIME. Oh, and he was TWELVE.

I didnt think it was possible for someone to miss the sarcasm in my post.

LE was called because Tamir was committing a crime. Saying "no crime" over and over doesn't change the facts.

Pointing a very real looking gun at other humans is a crime.

Huh. In Louisiana, everyone has a gun and in my area, threatens people with them all the time. But see, you got this awesome 2nd Amendment. So nobody can take our daggum guns. I can point my gun at anybody I damn well want to. I just can't shoot em. Unless I think they are a threat. Then I can shoot them. No proof necessary.

Race has nothing to do with the facts. He was pointing a gun at people, that's a CRIME. 911 was called. When officers arrived he pulled it out of his pants. He was shot.

Sorry. But those are the facts.

Tamir did commit a crime-- he was brandishing a weapon and threatening bystanders. That's why he was a criminal suspect and the police call was the highest priority. He wasn't charged with any crimes because he died.

It's very disingenuous, IMO, to pretend TR was a "child" just "playing" in a park. He was 5'7", and just under 200 pounds. A child only by date of birth, which the responding officers couldn't know when they encountered him.

And by the way, why does it matter at all how old he was? He wasn't known to be intellectually disabled or mentally ill, that I have read anywhere. He was a fully adult sized criminal suspect threatening bystanders with a gun, pulling it in and out of his waistband over and over, and pointing it at people's faces. It shouldn't matter if he was 10, 12, 16, 20, or older. The BEHAVIOR is what matters. He wasn't a toddler. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew right from wrong, IMO.

I didnt think it was possible for someone to miss the sarcasm in my post.
Yeah. i didn't miss it. I just found it hard to believe anyone could be so obtuse and did not want to get a time out because you were baiting. So, cheers!!!

Huh. In Louisiana, everyone has a gun and in my area, threatens people with them all the time. But see, you got this awesome 2nd Amendment. So nobody can take our daggum guns. I can point my gun at anybody I damn well want to. I just can't shoot em. Unless I think they are a threat. Then I can shoot them. No proof necessary.

There are lots of guns in my state as well. I don't agree with a single part of this post. Pointing a gun is brandishing, as well as assault. Both are felonies.unless the gun is pointed at someone under protected situations. Self defense, Castle doctrine, etc.

I live in LA also. And if people you know are pointing guns at people and threatening them, they are committing a CRIME.

Not sure where you are getting your information from.

And Tamir Rice was clearly not exercising 2nd amendment rights. That's another attempt at conflating two very dissimilar issues.

I am very supportive of gun rights. Just a few days ago my spouse and I took our young teen daughter to the range for her first time. I know with full confidence that she understands that the behavior that TR displayed will get her killed.

TR didn't die because of a 2nd amendment issue.

It's very disingenuous, IMO, to pretend TR was a "child" just "playing" in a park. He was 5'7", and just under 200 pounds. A child only by date of birth, which the responding officers couldn't know when they encountered him.

And by the way, why does it matter at all how old he was? He wasn't known to be intellectually disabled or mentally ill, that I have read anywhere. He was a criminal suspect threatening bystanders with a gun, pulling it in and out of his waistband over and over, and pointing it at people's faces. It shouldn't matter if he was 10, 12, 16, 20, or older. The BEHAVIOR is what matters. He wasn't a toddler. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew right from wrong, IMO.

This was not my post. This was from K-Z, explaining why it was okay to gun down a child. Because if they are all grown up looking, who's to know how old they REALLY ARE?

And Tamir Rice was clearly not exercising 2nd amendment rights. That's another attempt at conflating two very dissimilar issues.

I am very supportive of gun rights. Just a few days ago my spouse and I took our young teen daughter to the range for her first time. I know with full confidence that she understands that the behavior that TR displayed will get her killed.

TR didn't die because of a 2nd amendment issue.

Awesome. Another person with a gun! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth