OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FYI, according to Little Dip's Facebook page, he was arrested over his posts.

I wonder what they mean by "not well"?? Mental illness like schizophrenic?

Depressed? Suicidal? What?

Daniel Parmertor, Chardon student who died in Ohio school shooting, to be buried Saturday

Published: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 9:05 AM Updated: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 9:47 AM

By Karen Farkas, The Plain Dealer

CHARDON, Ohio -- Services have been set for Daniel Parmertor, who died Monday after being shot while sitting in the cafeteria at Chardon High School.

His parents, Robert and Dina, appeared on the "Today" show this morning. They said he was a great boy, excited about getting his first job at a bowling alley. He had just received his first paycheck...

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/daniel_parmertor_who_died_in_s.html

Daniel Parmertor, Chardon student who died in Ohio school shooting, to be buried Saturday

Published: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 9:05 AM Updated: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 9:47 AM

By Karen Farkas, The Plain Dealer

CHARDON, Ohio -- Services have been set for Daniel Parmertor, who died Monday after being shot while sitting in the cafeteria at Chardon High School.

His parents, Robert and Dina, appeared on the "Today" show this morning. They said he was a great boy, excited about getting his first job at a bowling alley. He had just received his first paycheck...

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/daniel_parmertor_who_died_in_s.html

:cry: Breaks my heart

I believe some people are just born evil. Just like you have babies with disabilities, babies addicted to drugs (parents fault), smarter kids etc...I don't think every single thing is a product of your environment, preventable, or curable.

Did/could anyone predict FCA would kill little Caylee, leave her in a swamp near the home? Does anyone think that ANY amount of therapy would help her? I don't.

I think evil is a choice one makes, no matter their upbringing. Some people have terrible childhoods and turn out normal, while other people have great childhoods and turn out evil. It is true many evil figures were targets of abuse, but they chose to be a slave to their circumstances.

the video in which the prosecutor speaks of how this is a case involving a child who is not well leads me to believe they won't look to send tj to jail.

and if they do, a good defense attorney will play this video back in court. i have never heard a prosecutor speak that way so early on, if ever.

Huge mistake. An incredibly dumb thing for a prosecutor to say. The case was lost right there, imo.

There was some discussion yesterday about the gun & ammo. Apparently .22 pistols will only fit a 10 round magazine, so he maybe only had 1 magazine.

I believe some people are just born evil. Just like you have babies with disabilities, babies addicted to drugs (parents fault), smarter kids etc...I don't think every single thing is a product of your environment, preventable, or curable. .

There's no such thing as being born "evil" IMO.
All it takes is one look at a feral child to realize that everyone is a product of the way they are raised. While genetic factors and mental illness come into play, those alone don't make someone evil. There have been amazing contributors to our society that had severe mental illnesses (including those commonly associated with violence). There are MILLIONS of people with mental illness that never harm anyone.

What makes people like TJ Lane end up where he ended up is an intricate web of factors. Perhaps he does have a mental illness, compounded by a family history of violence, further incited by being rejected by his parents (and peers?) and on and on.

To say he was "born evil" is a catch all and doesn't help us prevent this from happening again. We need to determine ALL the factors that lead to this and learn to do something about them.

This was discussed on our evening news lastnight, but I didn't get back online to post about it. Appears that this FAMILY had a history of violence. With TJ being charged with assault on his uncle and later pleading to disorderly conduct in 2009. More at link.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/232936/230/Teen-in-Chardon-shootings-had-prior-run-in-with-police

"September 2009, Lane was at his home when he participated in a fight involving his brother and an uncle, a police report said. Lane told police that he thought his uncle had attacked his brother and Lane had come to his brother's aid. The uncle, however, said he was the victim.

Lane later pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, according to court sources. "

Has there been any update on the condition of the student who remains hospitalized?

I believe some people are just born evil. Just like you have babies with disabilities, babies addicted to drugs (parents fault), smarter kids etc...I don't think every single thing is a product of your environment, preventable, or curable.

Did/could anyone predict FCA would kill little Caylee, leave her in a swamp near the home? Does anyone think that ANY amount of therapy would help her? I don't.

It's interesting that the greatest determiner of criminal behavior in the son is criminal behavior in the father. This tendency to pass on criminality happens regardless of whether the baby was adopted out at birth and never knew the father, nor did the adoptive parents know of criminal behavior in the father.

This stat isn't true for women - women tend to be MUCH more susceptible to environmental conditions, the men they are with, etc., when they choose criminal behavior.

Source: Dr. Ben Crouch, Head of Dept of Sociology, Texas A&M University

the video in which the prosecutor speaks of how this is a case involving a child who is not well leads me to believe they won't look to send tj to jail

He killed 3 people. SOMETHING will happen to him. He's not just going to walk.

However, if they know something we don't, and TJ is indeed mentally ill, then obviously he belongs in a hospital or mental institution. I am not in favor of sending genuinely ill people to jail.

Huge mistake. An incredibly dumb thing for a prosecutor to say. The case was lost right there, imo.

Uh, not really. There's no "losing" this case - there is no question that TJ committed this crime. The only variable right now is what sort of sentence TJ will receive. If he's truly "not well," if the prosecutor is implying a strong mental illness/clear mental break, then he's going away to a mental hospital for a very long time. If the prosecutor is simply stating he is a disturbed individual, then TJ is still going away for a long time, perhaps for his entire life. He killed three people blatantly - this isn't something anyone gets a walk for, unless the case is far more murky.

I think people are making far more out of the prosecutor's statements than needs to be.

This is the first I've read this about the gun. Yesterday it was said to be his uncle's gun.

Ohio school shooting suspect may have used grandfather's gun

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/ohio-s...-may-have-used-grandfathers-gun#ixzz1nnW2WVzM

This is just heartbreaking to watch. All these boys were just too young. Warning.

http://fox8.com/2012/02/29/friends-put-together-online-tribute-to-danny-parmertor/

Not much about court today.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/teen_suspects_court_hearing_of.html

Uh, not really. There's no "losing" this case - there is no question that TJ committed this crime. The only variable right now is what sort of sentence TJ will receive. If he's truly "not well," if the prosecutor is implying a strong mental illness/clear mental break, then he's going away to a mental hospital for a very long time. If the prosecutor is simply stating he is a disturbed individual, then TJ is still going away for a long time, perhaps for his entire life. He killed three people blatantly - this isn't something anyone gets a walk for, unless the case is far more murky.

I think people are making far more out of the prosecutor's statements than needs to be.

I actually just reread what he said in an MSM article -

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/prosecutor-chardon-shooting-suspect-is-not-well-1.267399 -

~Afterward, though, the prosecutor appeared to rule out rumors and speculation that the gunman lashed out after being bullied or that the shooting had something to do with drug-dealing.

“He chose his victims at random. This is not about bullying. This is not about drugs,” Joyce said. “This is someone who’s not well, and I’m sure in our court case we’ll prove that to all of your desires and we’ll make sure justice is done here in this county.”

Joyce would not elaborate. Both sides in the case are under a gag order imposed by the judge at the prosecutor’s request.~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt
Back