OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Geez...one sentence out of my way too many posts yesterday got taken out of context. I don't believe everyone is born and that is how they end up. I believe that everyone has choices in life to become a better person. I believe that no matter your circumstances, you make your choices for your own future. Yes, it may be more difficult for others, some may never have the ability to make the right choices, some may turn to drugs and some may be so far gone to ever be able to be productive in society. Some people are helped by therapy, find mentors, make it through life ok, some just don't. I do not believe that every child can be cured/helped, as we would not have adult criminals, period.

Once TJ pulled that trigger and shot 3 people in the head, wounded others, traumatized 100's of others, IMO, he can't be cured. It looks like he may have lived a very sad life, who knows how his brain processed it, and how he became a mass murderer.

Hopefully, this will be studied and will help others see the signs in the future. From what we know right now, he didn't go to the school, barely knew the kids he killed, the school did all the preventive actions, acted perfectly during the crisis...what else could have been done? We may never know. Did his grandparents suspect anything? Should Facebook and Twitter have turned him in? If he was quiet and a loner for most of his life, how would anyone know? So many questions, some will be answered in the future by the investigation and mental health professionals.

Again, we just don't know. I am sure his upbringing had something to do with him turning out this way, but he is to blame! He made the choice to steal a gun, take it to school (one he doesn't even attend) and shoot 3 boys dead and wounding several others.

I can't imagine what the parents of the victims are going through and it's sad all around! I can't imagine what the other students, staff and officers are going through. I wish the focus could stay on them for a while, at least until the children are buried and released from the hospital. I know the media focuses on the criminal, I just wish it weren't that way. I hated when FCA was the focus and Caylee wasn't, I hate that TJ is the main focus and not the victims.

TJ is "well" enough to dish out lies to LE. He says the shootings were random and he didn't know the kids, yet witnesses say otherwise. One victim was a "friend" on TJ's FB account, and another victim's brother was too. Then he lies about where he got the gun, claims he stole it from his uncle but it appears he took it from his grandfather's barn. This kid isn't "confused," he's calculating. I'm getting a very bad Casey kinda vibe from this kid. Don't like it one bit. I only hope that LE is quietly working to build a strong case against him.

TJ is "well" enough to dish out lies to LE. He says the shootings were random and he didn't know the kids, yet witnesses say otherwise. One victim was a "friend" on TJ's FB account, and another victim's brother was too. Then he lies about where he got the gun, claims he stole it from his uncle but it appears he took it from his grandfather's barn. This kid isn't "confused," he's calculating. I'm getting a very bad Casey kinda vibe from this kid. Don't like it one bit. I only hope that LE is quietly working to build a strong case against him.

Most likely a sociopath. He'll play the court system like a violin if they're not careful.

I can't imagine why he decided to say he didn't know them (ie; what motive he had for that ?)

BUT I'm not at all surprised he said he took the gun from his uncle (there was obvious tension there with the 2009 fight) versus saying he took it from his grandfather.

One thing I'm not clear on is that people here have been saying he lived with his grandparents since he was five... Where did that come from ?

The neighbor (link below) says he has been with the grandparents "off and on" for several years. He doesn't know where TJ Lane lived when he wasn't with the grandparents.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/ohio-s...-may-have-used-grandfathers-gun#ixzz1nnW2WVzM

Also, they showed TJ Lane's mothers home on the news last night. I nice tidy suburban home with the family name on the lamp post. The mother yelled "no comment" from the doorway at reporters. What's the back story on the mom ? Why not be at the hearing for your own son ? Why was TJ and his sister sent to live with HER parents rather then her taking care of her own children?

I'm not getting the Casey vibe from this kid. Casey used anybody for her own personal gain. When Caylee became a liability well we all know how that ended. This kid was described as a loner. Didn't open up to too many. What personal gain could there possibly be from this terrible tragedy? He didn't kill himself. He gave up without incident. Common denominators yet so many differences in kids who commit this type of crime. Will we ever get answers? It's so difficult to comprehend this. My heart goes out to the Victims and all affected.

I can't imagine why he decided to say he didn't know them (ie; what motive he had for that ?)

BUT I'm not at all surprised he said he took the gun from his uncle (there was obvious tension there with the 2009 fight) versus saying he took it from his grandfather.

One thing I'm not clear on is that people here have been saying he lived with his grandparents since he was five... Where did that come from ?

The neighbor (link below) says he has been with the grandparents "off and on" for several years. He doesn't know where TJ Lane lived when he wasn't with the grandparents.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/ohio-s...-may-have-used-grandfathers-gun#ixzz1nnW2WVzM

Also, they showed TJ Lane's mothers home on the news last night. I nice tidy suburban home with the family name on the lamp post. The mother yelled "no comment" from the doorway at reporters. What's the back story on the mom ? Why not be at the hearing for your own son ? Why was TJ and his sister sent to live with HER parents rather then her taking care of her own children?

I was thinking the same thing about the gun. If his grandad was the only one that he has had any type of real relationship with, then possibly he didnt want to get his grandad in trouble. If the gun was in the barn and not locked up, grandad could have some liability I would think.

Also with Facebook, you cant take people listed as teenagers "friends" as real friends. They have friends of friends of friends on their pages, most of them they have never met. I DO however, believe the witnesses that said that TJ DID know them. There had to been some particular reason they were targeted.

Prayers to the families and the community. They have a long road ahead of them.

Side note :

I'm not sure where it was reported that TJ Lane was living with his maternal grandparents.

I just did a few searches and from everything I can tell / see he was living with his PATERNAL grandparents. I don't know what I'm allowed to post (the grandparents names have been listed in MSM ? ? ) but for me this puts a different spin on things.

BBM - I think this is a great idea! Stick together students! March forward together. You all need each other now, more than ever.

Snipped from article

At Chardon High, the faculty parking lot was jammed Wednesday as teachers returned to the school for the first time since Monday's shooting, with grief counselors on hand if needed. Parents and students are encouraged to return to the school Thursday, and classes resume Friday.
Students planned to march together to the school Thursday from the main square about three-quarters of a mile away.
Hundreds of residents turned out for a vigil Tuesday evening at St. Mary Catholic Church to pray and hear Scripture readings, while overhead banners from a rival high school contained signatures from other students showing their support.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/ohio-s...-may-have-used-grandfathers-gun#ixzz1no9syk00

BBM respectfully, From the link - "He said he has spoken to the grandfather, Thomas Lane, about the gun." -

Link -~Sawczak lives next door to Lane's other grandfather, Jack Nolan, who has familial custody of the suspect and attended his court hearing Tuesday.~

Which grandparents did he live with?

Side note :

I'm not sure where it was reported that TJ Lane was living with his maternal grandparents.

I just did a few searches and from everything I can tell / see he was living with his PATERNAL grandparents. I don't know what I'm allowed to post (the grandparents names have been listed in MSM ? ? ) but for me this puts a different spin on things.

I took it from these two articles. The first names his mother and the second names the grandparents.

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/tj_lanes_neighbor_said_the_you.html

http://www.cleveland.com/chardon-shooting/index.ssf/2012/02/parents_of_teen_accused_of_sho.html

In another interview, someone was talking about knowing the father when he was growing up. Said Dad was a good kid. Small community and maybe both sets of grandparents live in the same vicinity? When hearing the first interview, I took it that he was living with Dad's parents, but then they named the guardian. It sounds as if there is several households of family on the road that they live on.

I'm not getting the Casey vibe from this kid. Casey used anybody for her own personal gain. When Caylee became a liability well we all know how that ended. This kid was described as a loner. Didn't open up to too many. What personal gain could there possibly be from this terrible tragedy? He didn't kill himself. He gave up without incident. Common denominators yet so many differences in kids who commit this type of crime. Will we ever get answers? It's so difficult to comprehend this. My heart goes out to the Victims and all affected.

Bravo, I'm getting the liar vibe. The don't-trust-a-word-that-comes-out-of-his-mouth vibe. As JoeFromLB pointed out, the sociopath vibe.

The ability for him to say he didn't know the kids he shot, I find that to be a staggering case of sociopathy. To not even admit that he knew the kids he murdered execution-style. That's a level of dismissal that I find horrifying. And that's how he reminds me of Casey. The calculation, the lies, and the heartless disregard. The more I learn about TJ, the less sympathetic he becomes. IMO, JMHO, OMO, etc.

I was thinking the same thing about the gun. If his grandad was the only one that he has had any type of real relationship with, then possibly he didnt want to get his grandad in trouble. If the gun was in the barn and not locked up, grandad could have some liability I would think.

Also with Facebook, you cant take people listed as teenagers "friends" as real friends. They have friends of friends of friends on their pages, most of them they have never met. I DO however, believe the witnesses that said that TJ DID know them. There had to been some particular reason they were targeted.

Prayers to the families and the community. They have a long road ahead of them.

TJ only had about 153 friends*, whereas DP's brother had over a thousand. I'm guessing that TJ pretty much knew everyone who "friended" him on FB.

He lied about not knowing who he shot. And he lied about where he got the gun. Two crucial aspects of the crime. He is concocting stories to suit his needs. IMO, it looks like he thinks he can get away with premeditation. Which is pretty astonishing in and of itself.

He doesn't look so "scared" and "confused" in this photo. Quite the opposite. Cool, calm, and is that almost a little smile there?

doc4f4d541509da6734210351.jpg

HLN doing a piece right now on the victims :rose:

I'm off to google, but one report I read said that one of the boys TJ shot was his ex-gf's current boyfriend.

Our high school painted a banner stating, 'Our Sympathies' and anyone who wants to sign their name and/or write encouragement can do so - they will send it up to Chardon on Friday.
What kinda scared me was I was talking to my sister, who's an art teacher at a local, fairly rural school district, and they don't even do drills for lockdowns! Her classroom door doesn't even have a lock on it. I can't imagine how they can get away with that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt
Back