Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deadline looms for charges in Ohio school shooting
By THOMAS J. SHEERAN and ANN SANNER, AP
5 hours ago

CHARDON, Ohio — The deadline to file charges in a fatal Ohio high school shooting loomed as students still reeling from the slaying of three teenagers planned a march to return to their school.

A judge said prosecutors had until Thursday to file charges against the suspect, T.J. Lane, a thin, quiet 17-year-old accused of opening fire on a group of students sitting at a cafeteria table at 1,100-student Chardon High School on Monday. Three students died, and two were seriously wounded.

A prosecutor has said Lane, who is in custody, will probably be charged with three counts of aggravated murder and other offenses. Prosecutors are expected to ask that he be tried as an adult...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120227/US.School.Shooting.Ohio/?cid=hero_media

http://communities.washingtontimes....mar/1/tj-lane-when-violence-home-goes-school/

Author and Teen psychologist Dr. Barbara Greenberg says there is no such thing as someone killing others because they simply don’t fit in.

In this case, like so many others, the assailant seems to have some untreated mental illness, she added. The prosecutor in the case described Lane as “not well” for taking a 22-caliber Ruger semiautomatic pistol and firing 10 rounds.

“He is a rejected kid who seems to also be submissive and have been putting up with being shut out and perhaps ignored,” noted the Psychology Today columnist who says she has worked with hundreds of teens with psychological trauma and other issues.

Even while recognizing that these types of tragedies are hard to predict, Greenberg said there are certain things and changes that, if implemented, may possibly help lessen the likelihood of other types of incidents like this one.

Did this doctor see TJ? How in the world could she diagnose or say what TJ lived, felt, was going through etc? The prosecutor was wrong is saying TJ is "not well", only a physician who is treating TJ should be diagnosing him. IMO - it is very unprofessional for anyone who is not treating him or testing him to make said comments regarding his mental health. Period. Yes, he may have all of these things, he may have none of them.

When will Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew be diagnosing him? :silenced:

The video's and pictures of all the students marching to school are amazing. The heart they formed brought tears to my eyes. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

Remembering the victims. Praying each day gets easier for all.

So sorry, bless you. I know how you feel, I walk in the same shoes as you do.

-------------------------
Isabelle, thank you for your kind words. It really hurts doesnt it, never goes away. Blessings to you. :rose:

Did this doctor see TJ? How in the world could she diagnose or say what TJ lived, felt, was going through etc? The prosecutor was wrong is saying TJ is "not well", only a physician who is treating TJ should be diagnosing him. IMO - it is very unprofessional for anyone who is not treating him or testing him to make said comments regarding his mental health. Period. Yes, he may have all of these things, he may have none of them.

When will Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew be diagnosing him? :silenced:

The video's and pictures of all the students marching to school are amazing. The heart they formed brought tears to my eyes. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

Remembering the victims. Praying each day gets easier for all.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=233243 Here you go AngelWings. Can't post the individual photos, too many. But here's the link.

Nore~my heart goes out to you on the loss of your son. I am sure this tragedy here in Chardon brings back many many memories for you, as well as for me. I am local to this shooting, and while I didnt know any of the victims or their families, my heart breaks for each and every one of them. I know the pain of losing a child, and I know the pain these parents will walk through in the weeks and months to come. I know the numbness you descrbe. I lost my 22 yr old daughter, Kristi in 2009, to suicide. It never leaves you, you never get "over" it....((((hugs)))) to all who unfortuantely know this first hand :( Please continue to pray for the community of Chardon, Ohio.

-----------------
Laynee, thanks for the kind words. There are many at WS. who suffer the same feelings. I am so sorry for your sadness, I feel your pain also. The healing has not begun for the parents it is a long road with no end. I am praying for the people of Chardon ~ God be with them. ((((Hugs)))) Nore. PS
You take care, this is not easy..

It was just announced that he is being charged with juvenile crimes, not as an adult...so far.

3 Juvenile counts of aggravated murder.

All confidential hearings and we will know nothing.

Breaking:

He is being charged as a juvenile, and everything will be kept confidential because of the juvenile court rules.

There may be adult charges coming, but right now, it's just in juvie.

Don't know what to think about this...other than this will be a long, long process...and healing will be slow.

Best-
Herding Cats

CNN breaking news. Lane faces with 3 counts aggravated murder. 2 counts attempted aggravated. Interview soon with the Teacher who chased Lane out of the school.

Breaking:

He is being charged as a juvenile, and everything will be kept confidential because of the juvenile court rules.

There may be adult charges coming, but right now, it's just in juvie.

Don't know what to think about this...other than this will be a long, long process...and healing will be slow.

Best-
Herding Cats

Well, that's certainly surprising.

From what I understand, these things always start with a felony charge in juvenile court. Those charges have to be made first, and then upon motion of the state, the court will conduct a hearing to bind over/transfer/charge the juvenile as an adult. Then, the entire proceeding will be moved over to adult court and actually get down to business.

Right. Depending on what they find out during the hearings, a decision could be made to charge him as an adult. A lot probably depends on the psychological findings.

Coach and Teacher Frank Hall now speaking. Truly a Hero. CNN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt
Back