OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I understand, these things always start with a felony charge in juvenile court. Those charges have to be made first, and then upon motion of the state, the court will conduct a hearing to bind over/transfer/charge the juvenile as an adult. Then, the entire proceeding will be moved over to adult court and actually get down to business.

Well I sure hope so. Because news are reporting he has been charged as a juvenile. Which is ludicrous if you ask me. He is 17 now, and I believe the most he could get as a juvenile is until he is 18 or 21.

From what has been reported and on links posted he is charged presently as a Juvenile. Until the hearing to determine trial as an Adult.

Well I sure hope so. Because news are reporting he has been charged as a juvenile. Which is ludicrous if you ask me. He is 17 now, and I believe the most he could get as a juvenile is until he is 18 or 21.

He is charged as a juvenile. Because he is under eighteen, he has to be charged as a juvenile first, before they can charge him as an adult. This is standard procedure.

Did this doctor see TJ? How in the world could she diagnose or say what TJ lived, felt, was going through etc? The prosecutor was wrong is saying TJ is "not well", only a physician who is treating TJ should be diagnosing him. IMO - it is very unprofessional for anyone who is not treating him or testing him to make said comments regarding his mental health. Period. Yes, he may have all of these things, he may have none of them.

When will Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew be diagnosing him? :silenced:

The video's and pictures of all the students marching to school are amazing. The heart they formed brought tears to my eyes. I wish I knew how to post pictures.

Remembering the victims. Praying each day gets easier for all.

ITA. What business does a prosecutor have describing a suspect as "not well?" Is he a mental health professional? No. And I doubt the suspect was all that honest since prosecutor believes the shooting was random. But if one of the shooting victims was dating suspect's ex-girlfriend, than how exactly is it random?

"The prosecutor in the case described Lane as "someone who's not well" and said the teen didn't know the victims but chose them randomly. However, a student said one of the shooting victims had been dating Lane's ex-girlfriend."
http://www.wkbn.com/mostpopular/sto...-Suspects-Records/q8IT_djm0kWL04QrsD6CkQ.cspx

Nick W., who was a facebook friend, may be the key to how random this just was.

Hard to say, but Nick may have gotten a worse outcome than those that passed over. Sorry to say that, but said from the heart.

I am pretty sure his mother would disagree.

Hard to say, but Nick may have gotten a worse outcome than those that passed over. Sorry to say that, but said from the heart.

I know exactly what you mean

I found her statements hopefully. It may be slow recovery, but it looks hopeful. I believe being alive and being able to communicate this early is far better off than dead. JMO

I found her statements hopefully. It may be slow recovery, but it looks hopeful. I believe being alive and being able to communicate this early is far better off than dead. JMO

I certainly do as well. I don't see anything to suggest he is worse off than the students who were killed. He is regaining feelings in his legs, which hopefully means he isn't paralyzed.

I certainly do as well. I don't see anything to suggest he is worse off than the students who were killed. He is regaining feelings in his legs, which hopefully means he isn't paralyzed.

Hopefully his condition is that called spinal shock, which should resolve over time. I can say from the heart that I would not have wanted my son to live his life in a vegetative state or worse cognitive and unable to be the musician he was (that would have been far more painful for him than his death was for me), even though his death was unbearable. It is a double edged sword, one you hopefully will never have to handle.

Hopefully his condition is that called spinal shock, which should resolve over time. I can say from the heart that I would not have wanted my son to live his life in a vegetative state or worse cognitive and unable to be the musician he was (that would have been far more painful for him than his death was for me), even though his death was unbearable. It is a double edged sword, one you hopefully will never have to handle.

I don't see anything in the article to suggest that he will end up in vegetative state.

I don't see anything in the article to suggest that he will end up in vegetative state.

I don't think the vegetative state was referenced toward Nick.

I don't think the vegetative state was referenced toward Nick.

???? You mentioned him by name when you said he might have gotten the worse outcome than the ones that died. So I am very confused as to why you think that.

---------------
The full report said they will decide at the March 19 session if he will be tried as an adult. My money is on yes..:seeya:

Troubled Life of Alledged Shooter, TJ Lane

Try this twitter link. If that doesn't work goe to CBS news. Padlocked bedroom doors when he lived with his dad. Locked on the outside. oh my.

CBSNews CBS News
The troubled life of alleged HS shooter TJ Lane http://bit.ly/xU0hiy (via @CBSEveningNews)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back