GUILTY OH - Toledo, WhtMale, 2 months, UP17671, May '17 & Baby Jane Doe, Feb '20 - found in cars *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s what I thought, she had them at home. Probably no prenatal care. Sadly they could have chosen such a happy ending with an adoption. Heck, sell them on the black market even, just don’t leave them to die on the floor of your car. Heartbreaking!

Snips from the article:
Author: WTOL Newsroom
Published: 12:20 PM EST February 13, 2020
Updated: 6:23 PM EST February 13, 2020

TOLEDO, Ohio — The parents of "Baby Doe," a deceased infant discovered back in 2017, were indicted by a grand jury on Thursday.

Jacob and Jenna Cisneros were indicted on two counts each of involuntary manslaughter, endangering children, tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice.

Two babies, found years apart inside two vehicles, shared similar details in the discovery of their remains. According to an affidavit in the case against Jacob and Jenna Cisneros, parents of the male "Baby Doe" discovered in 2017, the bodies of both babies were found wrapped up in blankets and discovered on the floor of the cars, under the dashboards.

Baby Boy Doe, discovered inside a 1988 blue Ford Mustang outside a house in the 2400 block of Vaness Drive in 2017, was described as between 2 months and 4 months old at the time of his death. He was clothed and "wrapped in a blanket before being stuffed under the dashboard on the floor of the vehicle."

On Friday, an orange PT Cruiser belonging to Jacob was towed by investigators from a location on Walnut Circle. On Monday, a search warrant was executed on the vehicle and "inside, on the floor under the dashboard, another dead infant was located. The infant was decomposed but appeared to be newborn and wrapped in several towels and blankets as well as a floral patterned fitted sheet," court documents said.

"Based on the way both infants had been swaddled in blankets/household items, it appears likely that they were delivered in a residential setting," the affidavit states. "It is further believed that the Cisneros residence may contain evidence of one or both births on their furniture or other household items."

I don't understand - if the court site says - Nolle prosequi - which from I understand from looking it up:

nolle prosequi. (no-lay pro-say-kwee) n. Latin for "we shall no longer prosecute," which is a declaration made to the judge by a prosecutor in a criminal case (or by a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit) either before or during trial, meaning the case against the defendant is being dropped.

But they both were indicted by a grand jury. ??

Okay - never mind - I see this in the article PayrollNerd posted:

The body of Baby Doe was found abandoned in a blue Mustang wearing these clothes in May 2017. The baby's body, which was found decomposing, has remained in the Lucas County morgue since.

Those charges subsequently were dismissed after the discovery of a second dead baby - a girl - inside a car registered to Jacob Cisneros. A Lucas County grand jury now is expected to indict the couple.

So - THOSE first charges were dismissed and the new charges were indicted.... got it! :)

Poking around on here...... This is their list of cases. One is their OH tax case.
upload_2020-2-18_8-37-12.png

CASE: G -4801 -CR -202001271-000

*COUNT* *PARTY* *DESCRIPTION* *ABBREV.*

1 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER F1
1 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER F1
2 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW ENDANGERING CHILDREN F3
2 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE ENDANGERING CHILDREN F3
3 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE F3
3 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE F3
4 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-F3 F3
4 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-F3 F3
5 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER F1
5 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER F1
6 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW ENDANGERING CHILDREN F3
6 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE ENDANGERING CHILDREN F3
7 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE F3
7 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE F3
8 (D -1)CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-F3 F3
8 (D -2)CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-F3 F3

@PayrollNerd - I have access to the Lucas County court site!!! YEA!! They are scheduled for arraignment hearing tomorrow.

2/18/2020 3 Title : HRG:ARRAIGNMENT SET
on February 19, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
PARTY : D1 - CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW

2/18/2020 4 Title : HRG:ARRAIGNMENT SET
on February 19, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
PARTY : D2 - CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE

link: Clerk of Courts Docket

Wednesday, February 19th:
*Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 1:30pm ET) – OH – Baby Boy Doe (2 mos. or younger) (found May 11, 2017 decomposing in a 1988 Ford Mustang, South Toledo) & Baby Jane Doe (infant) (found Feb. 10, 2020 decomposing in PT Cruiser which had been towed to police lot) – *Jenna Nicole Cisneros (34) & *Jacob Andrew Cisneros (33) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) & indicted (2/13/20) (each of them) with 2 counts of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. $400K bond for each.
The Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Three other children who are now in the care of other family members and that Lucas County Children’s Services is involved. The home where the vehicle was found belonged to relatives of the couple.
2/4/20 Update: Both were arraigned. Bond set at $500K each. Jacob back on 2/5/20 related to retaining an attorney. Judge Wagner appointed a public defender for Jenna. She has a preliminary hearing on 2/11/20. 2/11/20 Update: Today’s hearing was cancelled. Next for both is preliminary hearing on 2/13/20.
2/12/20 Update: A second infant has been found in another vehicle registered to Jacob Cisneros, according to Toledo police. The car had been towed to the Toledo police impound lot in connection with the investigation, which dates back to 2017. After obtaining a search warrant, police searched the vehicle on Monday and found the body of a baby girl. According to the Lucas County Coroner’s Office, the infant (Jane Doe), who has not yet been identified, was full-term and “mummified.”
2/13/20 Update: Jacob & Jenna Cisneros were indicted by the grand jury on 2 counts each of involuntary manslaughter, endangering children, tampering with evidence & obstruction of justice. No bond set. Next arraignment hearing on 2/19.

Gosh, looking at the list of charges makes me wonder if the older children will grow up, read about their parents, and wonder if they were even wanted, or loved by these 2 monsters. Hopefully, the children will be raised by someone who loves and cherished them for the gifts that they are.

RIP Babies Jane & John Doe. You may be unnamed but you were not unloved by the rest of us!

Gosh, looking at the list of charges makes me wonder if the older children will grow up, read about their parents, and wonder if they were even wanted, or loved by these 2 monsters. Hopefully, the children will be raised by someone who loves and cherished them for the gifts that they are.

RIP Babies Jane & John Doe. You may be unnamed but you were not unloved by the rest of us!

As per Facebook it looks like the kids are already old enough to understand what's going on. They look like pre-teens. They also look very happy and well cared for, I don't think this is as cut and dry as it looks on the surface.

I hope LE or someone makes a decision to give these poor babies names, if the parents didn't name them. Everyone deserves a name.

The Cisneroses pleaded not guilty to all 16 felony charges at arraignment today.

Cisneros parents plead not guilty in the deaths of their two children

Cisneros couple plead not guilty in the deaths of 2 children

There is some more in depth information about the investigation in this Toledo Blade article:

Court records: Mother's DNA found at scene where dead infant found

I am originally from northern Ohio and attended college in a nearby town, so this story has really shaken me. As a parent of five beautiful kids, I cannot fathom how someone who seems like a good and loving parent “on paper”(SM) could look at their brand new baby, knowing they have kids at home, and not think about those older kids and how much they love them. :(

What am I missing that there is no charge of murder? Because they (the parents of both babies) would know the boy's fate was going to match his sister's earlier fate...

I assume they don’t have evidence of premeditation. That doesn’t mean that there wasn’t premeditation, or that the police do not suspect it, just that it likely cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. In cases where the victim is a newborn and the mother is the suspect, there always seem to be “grey areas” where they can’t prove the baby was born alive, or that the mother didn’t just freak out and abandon the baby without premeditation. JMO

I assume they don’t have evidence of premeditation. That doesn’t mean that there wasn’t premeditation, or that the police do not suspect it, just that it likely cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. In cases where the victim is a newborn and the mother is the suspect, there always seem to be “grey areas” where they can’t prove the baby was born alive, or that the mother didn’t just freak out and abandon the baby without premeditation. JMO

I know...but this happened twice. One article above says the mother posted on social media she gave birth to a girl. It also says the boy was 2-months-old or younger. Doesn't sound like two stillborn newborns.

But even if that was the case with the first baby, the plan was the same for the second, doesn't that show premeditation (the 2nd time?) Plus you would & should call 911 to try to save a baby born quickly not breathing, in normal circumstances.

I know they have to charge what can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but it's just sad.

according to the article posted by sweet201
Cisneros couple plead not guilty in the deaths of 2 children

Bond is set at $1.2 million apiece.
[.....]
Baby Boy Doe, discovered inside a 1988 blue Ford Mustang outside a house in the 2400 block of Vaness Drive in 2017, was described as between 2 months and 4 months old at the time of his death. He was clothed and "wrapped in a blanket before being stuffed under the dashboard on the floor of the vehicle."
[.....]
The plan is try both defendants together.

Judge Linda Jennings continued each defendant's $500,000 bond and added $725,000 for additional counts,for a total of $1,225,000 each. A trial date is set for April 7.

on this article - which I can't access as all my "free" articles have been used up - does it have next court date? The court site doesn't have it yet.

Court records: Mother's DNA found at scene where dead infant found
“In the arraignment hearing Wednesday, Judge Linda Jennings continued a $500,000 bond for each defendant, and added $725,000 for additional counts, making their total bonds $1,225,000 each. She also set an attorneys-only pretrial hearing for March 26 and a trial date of April 7.”

“In the arraignment hearing Wednesday, Judge Linda Jennings continued a $500,000 bond for each defendant, and added $725,000 for additional counts, making their total bonds $1,225,000 each. She also set an attorneys-only pretrial hearing for March 26 and a trial date of April 7.”

Thanks a bunch PayrollNerd !!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member