GUILTY OH - Toledo, WhtMale, 2 months, UP17671, May '17 & Baby Jane Doe, Feb '20 - found in cars *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't know IF this is this on - as the court site still has it there. I will check back later to see if it has changed, but will post anyway so I can shorten it up a bit.

Thursday, March 26th:
*Pretrial Hearing for attorneys only (@ am ET) – OH – Baby Boy Doe (2 mos. or younger) (found May 11, 2017 decomposing in a 1988 Ford Mustang, South Toledo) & Baby Jane Doe (infant) (found Feb. 10, 2020 decomposing in PT Cruiser which had been towed to police lot) – *Jenna Nicole Cisneros (34) & *Jacob Andrew Cisneros (33) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) (for each) with 2 counts of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Both plead not guilty. $400K bond for each. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000 each.
The Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Three other children who are now in the care of other family members and that Lucas County Children’s Services is involved. The home where the vehicle was found belonged to relatives of the couple. Mother’s DNA was found at the scene.
Trial set to begin on 4/7/20.

2/4/20 Update: Both were arraigned. Bond set at $500K each. Jacob back on 2/5/20 related to retaining an attorney. Judge Wagner appointed a public defender for Jenna. She has a preliminary hearing on 2/11/20. 2/11/20 Update: Today’s hearing was cancelled. Next for both is preliminary hearing on 2/13/20.
2/12/20 Update: A second infant has been found in another vehicle registered to Jacob Cisneros, according to Toledo police. The car had been towed to the Toledo police impound lot in connection with the investigation, which dates back to 2017. After obtaining a search warrant, police searched the vehicle on Monday and found the body of a baby girl. According to the Lucas County Coroner’s Office, the infant (Jane Doe), who has not yet been identified, was full-term and “mummified.”
2/13/20 Update: Jacob & Jenna Cisneros were indicted by the grand jury on 2 counts each of involuntary manslaughter, endangering children, tampering with evidence & obstruction of justice. No bond set. Next arraignment hearing on 2/19.
2/19/20 Update: Both plead not guilty. Bond set at $1.2M each. Will be tried together. Trial is scheduled for 4/7/20. Pretrial hearing for attorneys only on 3/26. 3/21/20: Defense (Jenna) files motion for expert assistance.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio's COVID 19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to schedule things for their calendars.
3/25/20 Update: Motion is found well taken and is granted. Defendant is granted funds for expert assistance not to exceed $2,500 at $45.00 per hour. NO new hearing update as of 3/26.

Forgot - I was going to post this from the court site....

3/23/2020 3 Title : MTN:MOTION FILED
FOR EXPERT ASSISTANCE
PARTY : D2 - CISNEROS JENNA NICOLE

3/25/2020 1 Title : ORD:MOTION GRANTED
This matter came on to be heard upon the Motion for Expert
Assistance filed on behalf of the Defendant by attorney
John Thebes on March 23, 2020. Motion is found well taken
and is granted. Defendant is granted funds for expert
assistance not to exceed $2,500 at $45.00 per hour.

Dated:
JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS
=========================================================
Case Number: G-4801-CR-0202001271-000
STATE OF OHIO V. JENNA NICOLE CISNEROS

PRAECIPE

TO THE CLERK:
Within three days of journalization, please serve upon all
parties notice of the judgment in a manner prescribed by
Civ. R. 5(B) and note the service in the appearance docket
(see below).

Dated:
JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

JOHN B. THEBES
jthebes@hotmail.com

3/25/2020 2 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

3/25/2020 3 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR
PARTY : D1 - CISNEROS JACOB ANDREW

link: Clerk of Courts Dockets for Lucas County Common Pleas Court | Lucas County, OH - Official Website

Ok I'm on the fence on this one... I don't think there is enough information to make a rational judgement.
Now I'm one of those women that will never know that magical feeling of being a Mum, I've always wanted to be a Mum and desperately yearn for it to the point my heart aches, but my health is not very good so myself and my husband have decided it would not be fair to bring a child in to the world that we could not 100% care for. My point being is that when it comes to news stories of parents harming, abusing, neglecting and killing their children, I'm usually the first one yelling "you ungrateful wretch, there are so many people that would give anything to have them and love them". However I find myself reading this and not yelling any of that... I can't see any evidence of malice or abuse, on the contrary their other children are happy, healthy, loved and well taken care of. These babies were not wrapped in plastic bags and thrown in the bin, put into weighted down suitcases and thrown into a river, they weren't buried in a shallow grave somewhere with multiple injuries. Baby boy was dressed in clean clothes, scratch mittens and then swaddled in blankets. Baby girl was swaddled in towels and blankets.
They certainly should not have done what they did after the death of each baby however we do not know how each baby died. For all we know they may be protecting one of the other children.
In my eyes they are not monsters, not until it has been proved that they deliberately caused those babies deaths.

Hi everyone, just came across this thread and would like to comment as I know the couple well. Many have asked "didn't the family wonder where their baby went?" No one ever knew Jenna was even pregnant. This was a pattern for her. She hid her 3rd pregnancy from everyone (including her own husband). His mother did an interview with the Toledo Blade confirming this (I'm sorry I do not have the link to the interview). Months after their 3rd child was born I saw a post on Jake's Facebook confirming they in fact did have a baby and even then when questioned by a family member Jenna STILL denied she had given birth. At that time Jenna was pretty estranged from her family and the couple lived out of state. After being pressed further she finally admitted to having a baby. Her behavior was extremely odd to say the least.
Before the discovery of these babies their family appeared normal and happy. Jenna was recently made a deacon at their church and their children are incredibly bright, well behaved and well taken care of. This makes no sense to anyone and we all have questions as to what actually happened. It makes me feel physically ill to think about. My honest opinion is that there is a huge possibility that Jake knew nothing about any of this. I don't know how you hide a pregnancy from your husband but she did it at least once so it's very possible she did it with the two deceased babies as well. I don't know him as well as I know Jenna but I would be very surprised if he knew of and helped dispose of these babies. I hope and pray these innocent little babies did not suffer, they are loved by many and will not be forgotten.

Hi everyone, just came across this thread and would like to comment as I know the couple well. Many have asked "didn't the family wonder where their baby went?" No one ever knew Jenna was even pregnant. This was a pattern for her. She hid her 3rd pregnancy from everyone (including her own husband). His mother did an interview with the Toledo Blade confirming this (I'm sorry I do not have the link to the interview). Months after their 3rd child was born I saw a post on Jake's Facebook confirming they in fact did have a baby and even then when questioned by a family member Jenna STILL denied she had given birth. At that time Jenna was pretty estranged from her family and the couple lived out of state. After being pressed further she finally admitted to having a baby. Her behavior was extremely odd to say the least.
Before the discovery of these babies their family appeared normal and happy. Jenna was recently made a deacon at their church and their children are incredibly bright, well behaved and well taken care of. This makes no sense to anyone and we all have questions as to what actually happened. It makes me feel physically ill to think about. My honest opinion is that there is a huge possibility that Jake knew nothing about any of this. I don't know how you hide a pregnancy from your husband but she did it at least once so it's very possible she did it with the two deceased babies as well. I don't know him as well as I know Jenna but I would be very surprised if he knew of and helped dispose of these babies. I hope and pray these innocent little babies did not suffer, they are loved by many and will not be forgotten.
Thanks for the insight. My friend has a daughter that didn’t find out she was expecting until about a week before she delivered. Just a couple weeks ago, her daughter went to the doctor and she is 8 months pregnant again. The OBGYN said they think because of her scoliosis that the babies are way in the back near her spine. Thus, she wouldn’t feel anything. Thankfully, their babies are loved and wanted. I can only assume this Mom was able to hide her pregnancies in a similar fashion. The part I find hard to understand is why she would deny their existence.

Last edited:
The part I find hard to understand is why she would deny their existence.

Me too but then I think 'wow something must be wrong in her emotional wiring'. One of my SIL had very, very severe post natal depression lasting years and although their children were well loved, in retrospect I can now see that she could easily have done something like this as she was so emotionally disconnected from her children as babies - more disconnected with each baby in fact - even though the rest of her life she held together really well. NOT that I'm professing any kind of similarity here or specific expertise on my part, just that I can see it happening for so many different reasons once mental health issues start to be considered.

The court site has finally been updated.

3/31/2020 1 Title : SRV:COPY SENT BY CLERK
COPY OF ORDER DATED 3-25-2020 SENT VIA EMAIL TO:

JOHN B THEBES

4/2/2020 1 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/2/2020 2 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/7/2020 1 Title : TRIAL RESCHED AT COURT REQUEST
764-000023654 issued by 203 ()

April 07, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL, Assistant
Prosecutor FRANK SPRYSZAK by video, PETER G BOYER by
video on behalf of the Defendant, and Defendant JACOB
ANDREW CISNEROS by video.

Matter called for Trial. Motion granted pursuant to the
request of the Court to continue trial date. Pursuant to
R.C. 2945.02, ends of justice required continuance. The
Court finds good cause for the continuance under R.C.
2945.72(H) pursuant to H.B. 197 signed into law by the
Governor on March 27, 2020 which tolled all the time
limitations in the Ohio Revised Code until expiration of
the Executive Order or July 30, 2020 whichever is sooner
based on the public health emergency caused by COVID-19.

Trial date of April 7, 2020 vacated and rescheduled for
trial on June 2, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.

Bond continued at $1,225,000 no 10%. Defendant is
remanded into the custody of the Lucas County Sheriff's
Department.

JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

4/7/2020 3 Title : TRIAL RESCHED AT COURT REQUEST
764-000023655 issued by 203 ()

April 07, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL, Assistant
Prosecutor FRANK SPRYSZAK by video, JOHN B. THEBES by
video on behalf of the Defendant, and Defendant JENNA
NICOLE CISNEROS by video.

request of the Court to continue trial date. Pursuant to
R.C. 2945.02, ends of justice required continuance. The
Court finds good cause for the continuance under R.C.
2945.72(H) pursuant to H.B. 197 signed into law by the
Governor on March 27, 2020 which tolled all the time
limitations in the Ohio Revised Code until expiration of
the Executive Order or July 30, 2020 whichever is sooner
based on the public health emergency caused by COVID-19.

Department.

JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

4/7/2020 5 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 04-13-2020
PERTAINING TO:MATTER CALLED FOR TRIAL
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us

4/7/2020 6 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 04-13-2020
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-04-13 11:46:37 AM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us

4/9/2020 3 Title : MTN:STATES RESPONSE FILED
TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR BILL OF PARTICULARS
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/10/2020 1 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/10/2020 2 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/14/2020 1 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

4/14/2020 2 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR

link: Clerk of Courts Docket

There is a missing child called Tegan Lane in Australia, her mother Keli Lane had 3 pregnancies without family or partner knowing.

Still Missing - Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

I really don't believe the trial will start today - here's from the court site on 4/7/20:

Matter called for Trial. Motion granted pursuant to the request of the Court to continue trial date. Pursuant to R.C. 2945.02, ends of justice required continuance. The Court finds good cause for the continuance under R.C. 2945.72(H) pursuant to H.B. 197 signed into law by the Governor on March 27, 2020 which tolled all the time limitations in the Ohio Revised Code until expiration of the Executive Order or July 30, 2020 whichever is sooner based on the public health emergency caused by COVID-19.

My bold on the date. So will need to wait & see what the court site says later on.

Tuesday, June 2nd:
*Trial set to begin for both-CANCELLED! (@ 9am ET) – OH – Baby Boy Doe (2 mos. or younger) (found May 11, 2017 decomposing in a 1988 Ford Mustang, South Toledo) & Baby Jane Doe (infant) (found Feb. 10, 2020 decomposing in PT Cruiser which had been towed to police lot) – *Jenna Nicole Cisneros (34) & *Jacob Andrew Cisneros (33) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) (for each) with 2 counts of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Both plead not guilty. $400K bond for each. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000 each.
The Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Three other children who are now in the care of other family members and that Lucas County Children’s Services is involved. The home where the vehicle was found belonged to relatives of the couple. Mother’s DNA was found at the scene.
Trial was set to begin on 6/2/20, no further dates available.

4/7/20 Update: Video teleconference held on 4/7. Trial has been rescheduled due to coronavirus to 6/2/20. Per court site trial will not start until after July 30, 2020.

Trial delayed for couple accused in children's deaths

June 2, 2020
TOLEDO, Ohio — A woman charged with manslaughter for her children's death will undergo a competency evaluation after a judge granted her defense counsel's request Tuesday.
[.....]
Jenna Cisneros would be evaluated by the Court Diagnostic and Treatment Center, and the clinical psychologist would author a report providing an opinion regarding whether she is competent to stand trial, according to the prosecution.

The prosecutor on the case added the court could hear a testimony of the evaluating psychologist. "More often than not the report is admitted into evidence and we proceed based upon the recommendation in the report," he said.

A trial date won't likely be set until the competency issue is hashed out. However, another hearing is scheduled for the end of the month.

6/2/2020 1 Title : TRIAL RESCHED AT DEF REQUEST
764-000023704 issued by 203 ()

June 02, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL, Assistant
ANDREW CISNEROS present by video.

request of Defendant to continue trial date. Pursuant to
R.C. 2945.02, ends of justice required continuance.

Trial date of June 2, 2020 vacated and rescheduled for
Pretrial on June 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.

Department.

JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

6/2/2020 3 Title : CASE CONTINUED/REFER FOR EVAL
72-000074193 issued by 203 ()

Dated June 02, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL
ordered. State of Ohio: FRANK SPRYSZAK by video. JOHN B.
THEBES by video present on behalf of the defendant.
Defendant, JENNA NICOLE CISNEROS presence waived.

Matter called for Trial. Pursuant to the request of
Defendant matter rescheduled for Competency Hearing on
June 30, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Matter is referred to the
Court Diagnostic & Treatment Center for evaluation under
R.C. 2945.371(G)(3) Competency to Stand Trial.

Bond is continued at $1,225,000 no 10%. Defendant is
Department.

JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

6/2/2020 7 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 06-03-2020
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net

6/2/2020 8 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 06-03-2020
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-06-03 11:37:40 AM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net

I know what a competency hearing is, however, I do have a couple questions. Is this a common tactic used by attorney's to request an evaluation? Or not usually? Also, how common is it for someone to be declared incompetent to stand trial after they've been evaluated? I would think the threshold that must be met would be extremely high with only very severe mental illness but am not sure. Do people try to beat the system by exaggerating their mental illness in order to gain sympathy or receive a lesser sentence? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Tuesday, June 30th:
*Competency Hearing (@ 9am ET) – OH – Baby Boy Doe (2 mos. or younger) (found May 11, 2017 decomposing in a 1988 Ford Mustang, South Toledo) & Baby Jane Doe (infant) (found Feb. 10, 2020 decomposing in PT Cruiser which had been towed to police lot) – for *Jenna Nicole Cisneros (34) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) with 1 count of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $400K bond. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000.
ALSO:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - for *Jacob Andrew Cisneros (33) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) with 1 count of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $400K bond. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000.
The Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Three other children who are now in the care of other family members and Lucas County Children’s Services is involved. The home where the vehicle was found belonged to relatives of the couple. Mother’s DNA was found at the scene.
Trial was set to begin on 6/2/20 cancelled due COVID-19, no further dates.

4/7/20 Update: Video teleconference held on 4/7. Trial has been rescheduled due to coronavirus to 6/2/20. 6/2/20 Update: Motion to continue trial-granted. Jenna to undergo a competency evaluation after a judge granted her defense counsel's request Tuesday. Cisneros would be evaluated by the Court Diagnostic and Treatment Center, and the clinical psychologist would author a report providing an opinion regarding whether she is competent to stand trial. A trial date won't likely be set until the competency issue is hashed out. However, a pretrial hearing (Jacob) & competency hearing (Jenna) is scheduled for the 6/30/20. Case of Baby Jane Doe goes to Grand Jury as more charges are coming.

For both:

6/30/2020 1 Title : HRG:PRETRIAL HEARING HELD
771-000026263 issued by 203 ()

June 30, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL, Assistant
ANDREW CISNEROS present by video.

Matter called for Pretrial Hearing. Pretrial held.
Matter set for trial on August 11, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Department.
JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

6/30/2020 3 Title : CASE CONTINUED/REFER FOR EVAL
72-000074667 issued by 203 ()

Dated June 30, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL
THEBES present by video on behalf of the defendant.
Defendant, JENNA NICOLE CISNEROS present by video.

Matter called for Competency Hearing. Report dated June
17, 2020 by Timothy Wynkoop, Ph.D. admitted. Pursuant to
the request of Defendant matter rescheduled for Receipt of
General Psych Evaluation on July 28, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Matter referred to the Court Diagnostic & Treatment Center
for General Psych Evaluation.
Department.
JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

6/30/2020 5 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 07-01-2020
PERTAINING TO:PRETRIAL HEARING HELD
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us

6/30/2020 6 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 07-01-2020
PERTAINING TO:MATTER CALLED FOR COMPETENCY HEARING
Sent via email to D-2's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
JOHN B. THEBES
jbthebes@gmail.com
Sent via email to D-1's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
PETER G BOYER
pboyerlaw@sbcglobal.net
Sent via email to -0's attorney on 2020-07-01 03:53:35 PM:
FRANK H SPRYSZAK
fspryszak@co.lucas.oh.us

7/1/2020 3 Title : MTN:NOTICE OF
FILED BY PROSECUTOR
STATES NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE REDACTED VERSION OF
DEFENDANTS RECORDED INTERVIEWS

Tuesday, July 28th:
*Competency Hearing (@ 9am ET) – OH – Baby Boy Doe (2 mos. or younger) (found May 11, 2017 decomposing in a 1988 Ford Mustang, South Toledo) & Baby Jane Doe (infant) (found Feb. 10, 2020 decomposing in PT Cruiser which had been towed to police lot) – only for *Jenna Nicole Cisneros (34) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) with 1 count of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $400K bond. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000.
*Jacob Andrew Cisneros (33) arrested & charged (2/3/20) & arraigned (2/4/20) with involuntary 1st degree manslaughter & endangering children. Those charges were dismissed (on 2/13/20) , indicted (2/13/20) & arraigned (2/19/20) with 1 count of 1st degree involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of 3rd degree endangering children, 2 counts of 3rd degree tampering with evidence & 2 counts of 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $400K bond. Bond changed (2/19/20) to $1,225,000.
The Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Three other children who are now in the care of other family members and Lucas County Children’s Services is involved. The home where the vehicle was found belonged to relatives of the couple. Mother’s DNA was found at the scene.
Trial was set to begin on 6/2/20 cancelled due COVID-19-continued on 8/11/20.

4/7/20 Update: Video teleconference held on 4/7. Trial has been rescheduled due to coronavirus to 6/2/20. 6/2/20 Update: Motion to continue trial-granted. Jenna to undergo a competency evaluation after a judge granted her defense counsel's request Tuesday. Cisneros would be evaluated by the Court Diagnostic and Treatment Center, and the clinical psychologist would author a report providing an opinion regarding whether she is competent to stand trial. A trial date won't likely be set until the competency issue is hashed out. However, a pretrial hearing (Jacob) & competency hearing (Jenna) is scheduled for the 6/30/20. Case of Baby Jane Doe goes to Grand Jury as more charges are coming.
6/30/20 Update: Hearing held with Judge Linda J. Jennings, Asst Prosecutor Frank Spryszak, Peter G. Boyer, defense attorney & defendants Cisneros by video. For Jenna: matter called for competency hearing was admitted; rescheduled for receipt of general psych evaluation on 7/28 @ 9am. Filed by prosecutor-State's notice of intent to use redacted version of defendant's recorded interviews for Jacob. Trial is set to begin on 8/11/20.

for Jenna below - nothing on Jacob yet.

7/28/2020 3 Title : MIS:CASE CONT AT DEF REQUEST
72-000075085 issued by 203 ()

Dated July 28, 2020. Court Reporter KENDRA CARROLL
THEBES present by video on behalf of the defendant.
Defendant, JENNA NICOLE CISNEROS present by vidoe.

Matter called for Pretrial and receipt of General Psych
Evaluation. Pursuant to the request of Defendant matter
rescheduled for Trial and receipt of General Psych
Evaluation on August 18, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.

Department.

JUDGE LINDA J JENNINGS

7/28/2020 7 Title : EVT:ORD FILE/JOUR $ EFF 6/1/13
E JOURNALIZED 7-28-2020
PRETRIAL HEARING

7/28/2020 8 Title : PLD:SUPPLEMENTAL
FILED BY PROSECUTOR