Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand it was your opinion.

However, it can help finding if WSB can be a potential match or not.
Because if material evidence are so weak it questions LE's suspicions, match is much more likely.

OTOH, if LE's suspicions are based on strong material evidence, a match is unlikely.

It can rule her out before DNA comparison, but it won't rule her in.

My idea is that before submitting this potential match, let review what kind of evidence LE has against husband.
If evidence against LE is weak, it'll be easier to convince LE to run a DNA analysis

That's a great idea!

From what I could see in MSM, evidence against her husband is only circumstancial.

So, submitting her seems the way to go

From what I could see in MSM, evidence against her husband is only circumstancial.

So, submitting her seems the way to go

Highly doubt she's Wendy. Pretty sure she was mentioned early on. Someone should go to her LE page to call and ask what databases her DNA is in because it should have hit. It's very rare when DNA doesn't hit any more NamUs/ UNT makes sure of it because DNA matches has been their reason for existence with how successful the database is. Some prints didn't hit so they went back to check they were done right. Dentals are or I should say we're totally different such as the Mendocino Jane Does not hitting on Kerry or Francine until the dates were changed.

I wish LE would exhume and do dental isotopes. What they have with pollen and hair isn't enough. We know BG was in Texas and Oklahoma the last year or so and traveling to NJ and New Mexico due to pollen.

I saw a NJ article where NCMEC is taking credit away from us with pollen and isotopes. LE didn't know what either were until a local member suggested it to them after we mentioned it. So over NCMEC lately.

Highly doubt she's Wendy. Pretty sure she was mentioned early on. Someone should go to her LE page to call and ask what databases her DNA is in because it should have hit. It's very rare when DNA doesn't hit any more NamUs/ UNT makes sure of it because DNA matches has been their reason for existence with how successful the database is. Some prints didn't hit so they went back to check they were done right. Dentals are or I should say we're totally different such as the Mendocino Jane Does not hitting on Kerry or Francine until the dates were changed.

I wish LE would exhume and do dental isotopes. What they have with pollen and hair isn't enough. We know BG was in Texas and Oklahoma the last year or so and traveling to NJ and New Mexico due to pollen.

I saw a NJ article where NCMEC is taking credit away from us with pollen and isotopes. LE didn't know what either were until a local member suggested it to them after we mentioned it. So over NCMEC lately.
You're right, she was ruled out (saw in this thread, but too lazy before meds kick in)

5th try to write this. Some how keeps deleting on me

She's got DNA.

Our Does are not currently listed as MPs with DNA such as a few cases close to my heart; Cali, Grateful Doe, Mendocino Jane Does, CA Andrea, recently ID murder victims Jimmy and Kim to name a few

Its why we made Never Forget Me to get them on social media. I know you've been on a mission to get them in wiki. Not many knew BG or NJ cat woman till we did an album on them. Eventually NCMEC made help ID me. Pretty sure it was us that asked why BG was removed from NCMEC which I saw it mentioned in the NJ article yesterday. When we do albums we include their database links

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/cold-cases/2016/04/29/buckskin-girl-murder-pollen-nj/83707116/

Was strangled 'Buckskin Girl' from New Jersey?

Hickey, who’s about to turn 31, wasn’t even born at the time of the Buckskin Girl’s murder.

But he took a special interest in her case after noticing that it had been removed from the national missing and exploited children database, apparently because it no longer met certain criteria.

I submitted SWB. I do not see her ruled on NAMUS so even if she is wrong, it helps to exclude her.

IIRC, Norma and her sons went missing in her car, which has never been found. I'm thinking there's a good chance they tragically ended up in a body of water.

IIRC, Norma and her sons went missing in her car, which has never been found. I'm thinking there's a good chance they tragically ended up in a body of water.

I always think of water when people go missing with their cars and not found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi...I have been reading this for more than a year now but I just registered. All of you are doing a fantastic job trying to find this young girl in all our hearts a name! I am excited about Sami8's discovery of Lucie. I would be interested to hear what CarlK says. But let me ask one question...does the brown hair instead of reddish brown bother anyone? And to tell the truth I became so totally convinced that buckskin is Patricia Salamandyk. I believe it was allykins and Irish eyes who thought so too. I apologize if I am mistaken. Ally and Irish eyes...do you believe it's Lucie now and NOT Patricia? Does anyone else still believe in Patricia? I wish someone could get dna for her so she could be ruled. Two people on this thread transposed their faces together and it was astounding to me. And I am so sorry to you all about Porvin a while back. I was excited too...that was a slap to you all and undeserving.

Bumping this reply because it's the 1st I found on Patricia. I sent her sister a FB message back in August 2016, she replied to me yesterday. She said she's seen BG's photos, she is not her sister.

Thanks for the update, Roselvr!
That post you bumped also mentions Lucie Gelinas. I'm still not 100% sure she's BG, but it would be nice if LE looked into that possibility and put her on the rule-out list if she's not our Jane Doe.

Bumping this reply because it's the 1st I found on Patricia. I sent her sister a FB message back in August 2016, she replied to me yesterday. She said she's seen BG's photos, she is not her sister.

I'm glad her sister finally got back to you and confirmed she saw the pictures of BG.

When PS first showed up on the rule out list, I got up the courage to call the Miami County Sheriff's office and spoke to one of the detectives. He confirmed she was ruled out by DNA and not circumstances and that the resemblance was enough for the RCMP to contact them and for the family to take the next step and give a DNA sample. So it wasn't just me seeing things and it was regardless of the time that had passed between Patricia's disappearance and BG's discovery and where BG was found. I have a little bit more confidence in the rule out. He told me it had been in the works for some time but took longer due to working with officials across the border. You know how Canada does things differently, but at least they got done.

OT -
Rose, do you know if NamUS would have run Patricia's DNA through CODIS to compare with other remains at the same time they compared it to BG? The NamUs rep wouldn't tell me. She said it was confidential, but I just wanted to know in general what happens in a case like that. Do you know how that works?

I'm glad her sister finally got back to you and confirmed she saw the pictures of BG.

When PS first showed up on the rule out list, I got up the courage to call the Miami County Sheriff's office and spoke to one of the detectives. He confirmed she was ruled out by DNA and not circumstances and that the resemblance was enough for the RCMP to contact them and for the family to take the next step and give a DNA sample. So it wasn't just me seeing things and it was regardless of the time that had passed between Patricia's disappearance and BG's discovery and where BG was found. I have a little bit more confidence in the rule out. He told me it had been in the works for some time but took longer due to working with officials across the border. You know how Canada does things differently, but at least they got done.

OT -
Rose, do you know if NamUS would have run Patricia's DNA through CODIS to compare with other remains at the same time they compared it to BG? The NamUs rep wouldn't tell me. She said it was confidential, but I just wanted to know in general what happens in a case like that. Do you know how that works?

Thanks to Roselyr and Alley too...for confirming
that Patricia is NOT Buckskin. I feel better because it's bothered me...those transposed faces were alarmingly close. So now to move on and keep pondering on it. Unfortunately...Buckskin still with no name...and Patricia no body...two problems! And yes, whatever happened to Lucie? Thanks to all for clarifying.

It bothered me so much I had to call. That's not something I normally do, but I just had to make sure that she was ruled out by a biometric and not circumstances.

OT -

With the DNA grant gone things are done differently. Im seeing private labs doing testing to compare 2 samples. It's really hard to say what they did. I really dislike them saying it's confidential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member