Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible. The Isdal Woman case dates from late 1970, so older than the other cases we're talking about. Also her body had been burned and had been lying in the open for a day or two after her death, so the samples taken from her should in theory be the poorest quality of the three cases.
Things like how well the samples were prepared and where and how they were stored can also impact degradation. For instance if the storage area was too warm.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Things like how well the samples were prepared and where and how they were stored can also impact degradation. For instance if the storage area was too warm.

Yes and apparently some coroners even boil bones which inadvertently removes the DNA

Yes and apparently some coroners even boil bones which inadvertently removes the DNA

Yes, it sounds bizarre but it preserves them for most other purposes, like examining for age or injuries.

OT: I didn't know they did that until I ran into the Cynthia Day case. IIRC, it took them years to ID her because they boiled the remains and had no DNA. I think one of the WSers here suggested the match between the remains and the Cynthia, but since there were no identifiers, they couldn't prove it. I think last year, they found a thumb print for the JD and were able to match.

So good to hear all this - can't wait til they upload her in Gedmatch.

If that jacket is handmade then there must be a pattern that was sold. I’ve seen several online over the years so similar. That might make the jacket maker a needle in a haystack.
But... I’ve been searching and haven’t found an exact pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT NEWS from DNA Doe Project!:

https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProj...009255824516/2038989503026491/?type=3&theater

"Good news! We have received the DNA files for Buckskin Girl and have uploaded them to GEDmatch. It will take about a day for us to see her list of DNA matches (cousins, near and far). But we already can see that the overall quality of her DNA looks promising. She has more DNA than most of our other cases, with the exception of Lyle Stevik, who had great DNA.

We’ll post her ethnicity estimates shortly."

Even though Lyle's DNA is in better condition I wonder if Buckskin Girl's identity might be easier to discover because she likely isn't from an endogamous community where there are so many overlapping relationships... could be a simpler case in that way. So thrilled that her DNA is in decent shape!

BUCKSKIN GIRL'S ANCESTRY COMPOSITION!:

****So it looks like she is mostly Irish, Dutch, and English (and a bit Spanish) and apparently has NO Native American ancestry which I know was one theory.*****

https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProj...009255824516/2039061739685934/?type=3&theater

"Buckskin Girl's Ancestry Composition

Using 2 populations approximation:
1 50% South_Dutch +50% Southwest_English @ 3.545846

Using 3 populations approximation:
1 50% Irish +25% Irish +25% Spanish_Galicia @ 2.977827"

And one Ethnicity report which is basically just more vague:

https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProj...009255824516/2039005263024915/?type=3&theater

Is there anyway to get this translated? I was looking at the pie chart and this ( I don't even know what "it" is) stuff and have no clue what it's trying to convey. Everyone on their site acts like everyone knows - or should know - what all this means, but I don't, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, LOL.

Is there anyway to get this translated? I was looking at the pie chart and this ( I don't even know what "it" is) stuff and have no clue what it's trying to convey. Everyone on their site acts like everyone knows - or should know - what all this means, but I don't, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, LOL.

Yeah, I asked them to explain more and I'm sure they will at some point. I edited the response that you replied to because my interpretation was most definitely not right.

Yeah, I asked them to explain more and I'm sure they will at some point. I edited the response that you replied to because my interpretation was most definitely not right.

Thank you for trying :) !

Your not the only one who doesn't understand, so don't feel bad. I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Okay, so DNA Doe Project responded to my request for more explanation of her ancestry results:

"For right now, just assume Caucasian European - about 1/2 Irish or from the UK and the other half from Continental Europe."

Okay, so DNA Doe Project responded to my request for more explanation of her ancestry results:

"For right now, just assume Caucasian European - about 1/2 Irish or from the UK and the other half from Continental Europe."

I like the simple explanation. I can deal with this. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member