Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-did two versions of how she might look with her hair down.

83675974-5daf-4245-9472-95c0014d409c.jpg
8286026d-0111-44a0-a417-f17eb8c693f3.jpg

ETA: Added second version.

They're both very good composites. I recall most girls with long hair in high school during the late 70's & early 80's had the hair style very similiar to the second composite drawing on the right.

I was floored at the sight of that yearbook photo until you mentioned you'd verified it wasn't BG.

That's also a good point about people not necessarily wearing the same style of clothes all the time. I'd still love to know if her jacket showed signs of having been worn heavily, i.e. was it likely her favorite "signature piece" that others would have recognized as being hers, or did it appear barely worn?

Carl, those images with her hair down are great. Maybe someone who wore her hair in a feathered style in the late Seventies or early Eighties can answer this...if it was heavily feathered, it couldn't be braided easily because of the varying lengths of the hair sections, right? So she probably had one-length, long hair or very lightly feathered hair at best?

It doesn't look likely that her hair was unbraided post-mortem with a photo taken, but that might have been useful.

I was floored at the sight of that yearbook photo until you mentioned you'd verified it wasn't BG.

That's also a good point about people not necessarily wearing the same style of clothes all the time. I'd still love to know if her jacket showed signs of having been worn heavily, i.e. was it likely her favorite "signature piece" that others would have recognized as being hers, or did it appear barely worn?

Carl, those images with her hair down are great. Maybe someone who wore her hair in a feathered style in the late Seventies or early Eighties can answer this...if it was heavily feathered, it couldn't be braided easily because of the varying lengths of the hair sections, right? So she probably had one-length, long hair or very lightly feathered hair at best?

It doesn't look likely that her hair was unbraided post-mortem with a photo taken, but that might have been useful.

It can be quite feathered -- a Farrah Fawcett cut, for instance -- and still braid fairly easily in that particular style. There might be some loose ends here and there, but if she braided it for something like yard work, working in a barn, hiking, etc., it would still be quite practical.

The Farrah hair was very popular for that era, but looking at BG, she just doesn't strike me as the girly-girl type that would opt for that look. She looks a little more of a small-town modest type.

I've been wondering if the Jacket had traces of horse hair, or hair from other farm animals, or pollen from agricultural plants, or from urban plants to maybe give hints as to whether she came from either a rural, urban, or suburban environment.

The Farrah hair was very popular for that era, but looking at BG, she just doesn't strike me as the girly-girl type that would opt for that look. She looks a little more of a small-town modest type.

I've been wondering if the Jacket had traces of horse hair, or hair from other farm animals, or pollen from agricultural plants, or from urban plants to maybe give hints as to whether she came from either a rural, urban, or suburban environment.

Farrah was extremely popular among rural/country women, too.

I used to wear my hair like that...

But I agree, what can be seen of her hair doesn't look that layered.

But I agree, what can be seen of her hair doesn't look that layered.

Agreed. My hair has a modern, layered style, not nearly as layers as Farrah Hair, and end pieces poke out all over the place when I braid it. BG's braids look immaculate, even in death.

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum.

This case has interested me for quite awhile, I'm from this area of Ohio, and every so often this case is brought up again on local news channels. I have a thought on this, which most likely won't help this case at all, but I felt the urge to post anyway.

Several references were made to her style of clothing. I wonder if instead of being a "hippie", if she were interested in Native American history? The reason this came to me was because of the area she was found in. There are many Native mounds and earthworks in the area, there is a large one in Enon, which is not too far from where she was found.

If she were a college student doing research or even just interested in the mounds, there is a big chance that is why she was in the area. Many of these mounds and earthworks are in out of the way locations and are in forested regions, that could be a reason why nobody in the area remembered seeing her around.

I would be interested to know if anyone from colleges that have courses on NA history or archeology have been shown her sketch.

Thank you in advance for reading my rambling.

Could there be a tourist destination where employees might dress in native garb? Did a school or charity host a costume party at that time?

Regarding the hair- She could've only had her bangs and the front feathered and the rest of her hair all one length. I wore the Farrah do myself, but many girls only feathered the front.

Just discovered this case here today. Sadly amazing that so much time has passed since BG was found with still no I.D. of her. My only thought is the area where she was discovered is not very far from I-75. As most people know, it is a major north-south interstate. It is likely that BG may have been a passenger in a vehicle on I-75 and her killer merely exited on State Route 55, drove to what was felt to be a lonely area, dumped her body then drove back to I-75. This not only enabled the killer to quickly leave that area, but also opens up the question as to how far BG may have come in that vehicle with the killer on I-75 (basically anywhere from Florida to Michigan and, of course, numerous interstates connecting to it). As such, BG could have come from almost anywhere.

I did note a much-earlier post that provided a theory as to why BG was found without anything on her feet. The writer of that post noted how a passenger in the cab of an over-the-road truck might have removed their footwear while riding there for an extended time. Knowing the truck traffic on I-75, this gives further indication to me that she - and the killer - may have been on that interstate until not long before her body was left in the location it was found. The killer could have disposed of her footwear and other belongings at a later time and place.

Just discovered this case here today. Sadly amazing that so much time has passed since BG was found with still no I.D. of her. My only thought is the area where she was discovered is not very far from I-75. As most people know, it is a major north-south interstate. It is likely that BG may have been a passenger in a vehicle on I-75 and her killer merely exited on State Route 55, drove to what was felt to be a lonely area, dumped her body then drove back to I-75. This not only enabled the killer to quickly leave that area, but also opens up the question as to how far BG may have come in that vehicle with the killer on I-75 (basically anywhere from Florida to Michigan and, of course, numerous interstates connecting to it). As such, BG could have come from almost anywhere.

I did note a much-earlier post that provided a theory as to why BG was found without anything on her feet. The writer of that post noted how a passenger in the cab of an over-the-road truck might have removed their footwear while riding there for an extended time. Knowing the truck traffic on I-75, this gives further indication to me that she - and the killer - may have been on that interstate until not long before her body was left in the location it was found. The killer could have disposed of her footwear and other belongings at a later time and place.

That has been pretty much the assumption all along, and I pretty much agree with it. I-70 runs east/west not far from that location, so they could have been coming from anywhere in either of those directions as well.

Another recently solved UID woman (Paula Beverly Davis, AKA "The Blue Bandanna Girl") was found aside I-70 in Englewood OH (not far from where BG was found) back in 1987. It turned out that Paula was from Kansas City and was a prostitute who was working the local truck stop.

Nevertheless, I couldn't assume that BG wasn't from Ohio, and am done with all the yearbooks for Ohio counties all along I-75 and I-70.

BuckskinGirlOhioCountiesChecklist_zps24ce042b-1_zps90ce6bea.jpg

I know that is probably much less than a 50-50 proposition that she was from Ohio, but I couldn't leave that angle unexplored. Now that I'm done with the yearbooks there, I will continue into the I-75 counties of Kentucky and Tennessee (if necessary). As I said earlier, I am positive that she won't be found among currently listed MP's. And If someone decides to list her on Charley, NAMPN, DoeNet, or NamUs, the admins of the MP site would probably recognize her before the listing was posted on the site.

My only thought is the area where she was discovered is not very far from I-75. As most people know, it is a major north-south interstate.

The killer could have disposed of her footwear and other belongings at a later time and place.

Yes, the area where BG was found is North of Dayton and isn't far from I-75. It also isn't far from I-70. The junctions of I-70 & I-75 is in Dayton, Ohio.

I-75 is a major north-south interstate going from Michigan to Florida. And I-70 is a major east-west interstate going from Maryland to Utah.

I agree with CarlK that BG could have come from anywhere. Who knows, it could be possible that BG may have came from Ontario, Canada. You didn't need a passport, only a drivers license as it was easy to cross the United States-Canada border back then.

As for BG's footwear and belongings, it could be possible that her killer may have kept them as a trophy.

There are a couple of things that make me feel that BG came from somewhere other than the immediate area where she was found.

One is what she was wearing. The buckskin outfit doesn't seem to fit the locality although I have to admit, sometimes you see people wearing things that do not always fit the time and place. The other is her lack of footwear particularly for the area where she was found (west-central Ohio) and the time of year (April).

The other is that she was never identified even to this day. This matter was given wide coverage by area media and it was probably picked up by other media outlets at least in Ohio. As such, you would think someone who knew her through school, work, etc. would have likely come forward. That seems to indicate to me those who would have known her were not aware of her death because they were hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away.

Perhaps through this and other websites and the work done by those who are a part of them, someone will eventually learn about her and come from forward. You'd like to think so.

There are a couple of things that make me feel that BG came from somewhere other than the immediate area where she was found.

One is what she was wearing. The buckskin outfit doesn't seem to fit the locality although I have to admit, sometimes you see people wearing things that do not always fit the time and place. ...

Just an observation from going through yearbooks from all of the I-75 and I-70 Counties in Ohio, the Indian theme was not all that uncommon throughout the state.

Below is an example of the costumes worn by members of the marching band at nearby Piqua High School (only a few miles from where BG was found). Their team name is called the Indians.

PiquaHSMarchingBand_zpsa6960507-1_zpse4cac21c.jpg

Such observations might be taken into consideration. However, while some may wear costumes for school events or local activities, I tend to think chances are BG was attired as she usually dressed.

If you compare Lisa to the morgue photo and not the sketch their features are not very similar
Can't remember if she is on the official ruleouts or not.

Has Erica Fraysure been ruled out?

Erica Fraysure was born in May 1980.

Buckskin Girl was found deceased in April 1981 in Troy, Miami County, Ohio.

Erica Fraysure was 17 years old when she disappeared in October 1997 in Brooksville, Bracken County, Kentucky.

Erica Fraysure cannot be Buckskin Girl.

Erica Fraysure was born in May 1980.

Buckskin Girl was found deceased in April 1981 in Troy, Miami County, Ohio.

Erica Fraysure was 17 years old when she disappeared in October 1997 in Brooksville, Bracken County, Kentucky.

Erica Fraysure cannot be Buckskin Girl.

:banghead: Silly me, I thought that was the date she went missing.

< Embarrassed! > But, feeling better because Kimster made me feel better! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member