Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just calling them, but calling them to yell at them for not reporting her missing. One would think that unless you're a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, you shouldn't need to be reminded not to harrass grieving families.

You know, there have always been those to point a finger and judge everyone else but themselves. 30+ years ago a cousin of mine lost her 18mo. old baby in a freak accident. At the time this was her first and only child tho she would eventually have more children. She was very young and inconsolable. Would not leave the child's grave. It was a small town and they received hate calls and hate mail and personal threats. Can you imagine enduring such a tragedy with all the hate and blame directed at you. There was no internet then but there have always been mean and hateful people who have never made a mistake or done anything wrong (in their own eyes).

The same thing happened to Tammy Jo Alexander's sister after it was announced that Tammy Jo was Caledonia Jane Doe. They were barraged from all directions with criticism for not filing a report.

BTW, there is a much more complicated story regarding Tammy Jo's missing person status that would somewhat provide context to her sister's alleged inaction.

The family has asked that her name not be shared and that the father's obituary be taken down.

Perhaps every single post regarding family members should be deleted. Isn't that against TOS?

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

BBM

The more harassment of family the less likely anyone will share information or progress in the case. I would imagine LE has advised family not to share anything else and to take down posts relating to this case until they get a handle on how to proceed now that her identity is known and in which direction the investigation should start.

Wonder if they have anyone else's DNA in the case such as stray hairs or fingernail scraping or clippings as in. did she put up a fight. Or if she was surprised and hit from behind first. Is there usually a full scale murder investigation initiated in these types of cases once a person is identified after identity was unknown for so long?

Sad that people are attacking her family over this. We don't know the circumstances, maybe she left after a big fight with her family and they just thought she wanted to be gone. She was an adult, so even if they tried to report her missing -- the police refuse to file in a report due to the circumstances.

For all we know, the original file went missing before it could be entered into NaMus. There are just so many things that could have happened. Often things are out of our control. The nerve of people calling them. I am not surprised if people don't search publicly long lost people due to ridiculous flashback like this.

Unfortunate that it played out with the family so adversely.. you cannot undo what has already been done scrubbing their names from social media or the internet is not going to do any good ... its a bit late for that names are out there damage is done.

Remember the family put themselves out there by publicly posting on social media when they should of only communicated with DDP, LE or immediate family only.

The majority of WS members know when to stop and keep things respectful.... but just like any where else you are going to have a few bad apples and from what it sounds a few crazies ... CALLING PEOPLE have ya lost your ever living mind shame on you .. I know your Mama taught you better than that

In all no longer sleuthing the family is a start that is against TOS rules. But I honestly do not see any reason why their still cannot be discussion and research on MS/MK as a potential match

As AlleyK said you cannot stuff the genie back in the bottle

I agree, with what so many of you are saying. We have no idea what her family went through during her disappearance. The file could have gone missing, her case could have been brushed aside because she was known to hitch-hike and lead somewhat of a transient lifestyle. Things were much different in 1981 than they are today. I can't fathom why anyone is attacking her family. Heartless.

A thought lurking in the back of my mind wrt people bothering the family, is - what if the killer/s and those associated with him/her, is one of those tormentors hoping to " stuff the genie back in the bottle"?
speculation, imo.

Just to clarify, I do not know if the person who called them is a Websleuths member.

The Facebook comments got EXTREMELY UGLY. The family has been harassed and are greatly upset. The tragedy is being worsened by the random internet strangers PMing them, calling them, blaming them.

I would like to reiterate that it is family that requested privacy. They are going through a very, very difficult situation and I cannot imagine what they are facing.

A thought lurking in the back of my mind wrt people bothering the family, is - what if the killer/s and those associated with him/her, is one of those tormentors hoping to " stuff the genie back in the bottle"?
speculation, imo.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean here.

Just to clarify, I do not know if the person who called them is a Websleuths member.

The Facebook comments got EXTREMELY UGLY. The family has been harassed and are greatly upset. The tragedy is being worsened by the random internet strangers PMing them, calling them, blaming them.

I would like to reiterate that it is family that requested privacy. They are going through a very, very difficult situation and I cannot imagine what they are facing.

I must have missed the worst comments, but I could tell by the way they were being interrogated, things weren't going to end well.

I don't blame them at all for posting about her. They noticed so many people cared about her and I think they wanted to give us some closure. But of course, some people just couldn't let it be.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean here.
Thinking that there is always the possibility the killer and/or his associates, may be one of the people harassing the family as a means to silence them and the people interested in the case.
speculation, imo.

Thinking that there is always the possibility the killer and/or his associates, may be one of the people harassing the family as a means to silence them and the people interested in the case.
speculation, imo.

Oh OK, I gotcha.

speculation, imo.

Anything is possible but if you had committed a murder and got away with it for 37 years, wouldn’t you keep a low profile?
I think it’s just a generation raised on cybercommunication, where idiots can say whatever they want, with no price to be paid and no thought or care of the pain caused. This country has turned into one big Maury Povich Show. Look at the attacks on that kid from the school shooting in Florida.

Anything is possible but if you had committed a murder and got away with it for 37 years, wouldn’t you keep a low profile?
I think it’s just a generation raised on cybercommunication, where idiots can say whatever they want, with no price to be paid and no thought or care of the pain caused. This country has turned into one big Maury Povich Show. Look at the attacks on that kid from the school shooting in Florida.

Yes it certainly is different these days and cyber bullying is becoming an everyday norm.. just read the comments on any news story on any site, it horrible. Obviously people don’t know how to respect each other , or how to “stay in their own lane” as they say. I’m horrified that people were calling the family...as bad as it is to make ugly comments on social media, it’s a million times worse to call the victims family. Some people have no shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they should report it to police for harassment. Part of the problem is people suffer no consequences for their behavior online so why would they think they would suffer consequences for phone harassment.

And they should report it to police for harassment. Part of the problem is people suffer no consequences for their behavior online so why would they think they would suffer consequences for phone harassment.

It's been a long time, but I recall people being arrested for phone harassment back in the day, before caller ID and cell phones. It would be in the local paper's police blotters. Most people just don't pick up the phone anymore unless they know the number. I don't because of telemarketers. That's my outgoing voicemail message: if you block your number or I don't recognize it, I will not answer your call. Please leave a message.

The more I think about this the more I believe it. the combination of DNA matches with the family immediately recognizing her, to the fact that theyre asking for privacy.. plus some detecable physical resemblance... Her age and story matches the circumstances of what is known about her, too.

Of course, anything could happen, I was convinced bg was Patricia salamandyk and she wasn't so who knows, but this is all seeming to fit together.

However, even if it isn't a match, it's absolutely not a hoax. People are awful and terrible but that's just too excessive of a show to put on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The more I think about this the more I believe it. the combination of DNA matches with the family immediately recognizing her, to the fact that theyre asking for privacy.. plus some detecable physical resemblance... Her age and story matches the circumstances of what is known about her, too.

Of course, anything could happen, I was convinced bg was Patricia salamandyk and she wasn't so who knows, but this is all seeming to fit together.

However, even if it isn't a match, it's absolutely not a hoax. People are awful and terrible but that's just too excessive of a show to put on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I feel the same way. There's also the obituary... it's clear the family really does have a missing sibling. I'm willing to accept this as an "unofficial match". I also think DDP would have posted something if there was a hoax going on - I saw them lurking on this thread today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member