Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting however, I would have to ask myself, how would a man with no arms carry a body? :dunno:

Have to take into fact that the report is marked 1/2 crazy.. :scared:

Unless he had help or the person merely just was seen talking to her and made an causual acquaintance. Just b/c he was seen with her does not mean he did something to her.

RBBM. Looking at the quote above it says "stubs for arms". That is different from no arms at all. "Stubs" could mean he was only missing his hands or cut off at the elbow, in which case he would still have arms to lift things and move things. Using tools such as a shovel to dig might be more difficult, however. And, well, she wasn't buried. :scared: (But I think this may have been a false sighting of someone who looked like Marcia, since it was 3 years prior, JMO)

RBBM. Looking at the quote above it says "stubs for arms". That is different from no arms at all. "Stubs" could mean he was only missing his hands or cut off at the elbow, in which case he would still have arms to lift things and move things. Using tools such as a shovel to dig might be more difficult, however. And, well, she wasn't buried. :scared: (But I think this may have been a false sighting of someone who looked like Marcia, since it was 3 years prior, JMO)

Follow what you mean ... have a friend that functions very well with and without his mechanical arm and leg.

still get a kick out of the report .. marked 1/2 crazy.. we often are so focused and serious in here sometimes you have to find a bit of humor to take the edge off

IMO sounded like someone may have had a vendette with a local lawyer

Follow what you mean ... have a friend that functions very well with and without his mechanical arm and leg.

still get a kick out of the report .. marked 1/2 crazy.. we often are so focused and serious in here sometimes you have to find a bit of humor to take the edge off

IMO sounded like someone may have had a vendette with a local lawyer

You know me...totally agree...but for cynical and a little bit "black" humor you have to know a person very well and in this forums it can be misinterpreted very quick.

That was a notation in the police file that was visible in a news clip about the case.

Thank you for finding that Carl... I guess I’m not crazy lol.
I thought if this sighting had merit, it might not be so difficult to find a man with stubs for arms, maybe he has information. Could she have been in the area and been hired to be a caregiver? Maybe he was a family member of her significant other if she had one? As it’s been said in here, because of the location of her remains, there is a high probability that the person that killed her was from the area or at least familiar with the area. I don’t believe a man without hands could beat and strangle her, but he might know something.. and yes, the 1/2 crazy remark is.... crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stumbled across something interesting while researching Iowa (not Ohio) cold cases.

A young woman named Sandra Jo Pittman was found murdered in September 1980 (about eight months before Marcia's death). https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/sandra-jo-pittman/ Her body was left in a highway rest area. This is the part that caught my attention:

An autopsy concluded the young woman died from blows to the head from a heavy object such as a claw hammer or crowbar, with time of death estimated as sometime late Tuesday the 16th or early Wednesday between midnight and 7 a.m.

The autopsy report indicated the victim may also have been strangled, but was not sexually assaulted.

It's probably nothing but I thought the similarities were interesting.

Dean Ray Tumey was tried and acquited many years later.

I stumbled across something interesting while researching Iowa (not Ohio) cold cases.

A young woman named Sandra Jo Pittman was found murdered in September 1980 (about eight months before Marcia's death). https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/sandra-jo-pittman/ Her body was left in a highway rest area. This is the part that caught my attention:

An autopsy concluded the young woman died from blows to the head from a heavy object such as a claw hammer or crowbar, with time of death estimated as sometime late Tuesday the 16th or early Wednesday between midnight and 7 a.m.

The autopsy report indicated the victim may also have been strangled, but was not sexually assaulted.

Wow that is interesting... sounds familiar. The time line is close, the location not to far ( I live in Texas so my distance of far and near may be different from others). hmmm .. I’m going to read about this murder

That is a material find Carbuff. One would hope that LE has already connected that dot, but with how under resourced they are, one doesn't know. I'd send that it.
Quite a find.

To bring back the buckskin jacket discussion: this is a screenshot of the jacket being held up from a video a few years ago. It sure looks too big for a 5'6, 130 lb. woman.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Jacket.jpg
    Jacket.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 320
Reviewed a few news stories on the Pittman murder.. and wow. Blows to the head, strangled, not sexually assaulted, murdered elsewhere and dumped at the site, had on clothing, young in age, no identification on her... the biggest difference is she was local and so was the suspect. But the suspect was found not guilty. This is so similar that it’s eerie. I just wonder if she had shoes on. I couldn’t find anything about shoes.

It does look oversized, more man sized.
Perhaps she was wearing someone’s jacket, or....do you think someone killed her intending to take the jacket? Or, she “borrowed” it from someone and they came to collect?

There is something very ominous about that jacket, aside from the fact beautiful Marcia died in it.

That jacket...

Ya know what ..... pollen samples were taken from that jacket ... Maybe that is what is throwing causing the curve ball ...........

Maybe it was not Marcia's jacket at all, could have been borrowed or given to her to put on temporarily.

Ya know what ..... pollen samples were taken from that jacket ... Maybe that is what is throwing causing the curve ball ...........

Maybe it was not Marcia's jacket at all, could have been borrowed or given to her to put on temporarily.

Exactly!

She was wearing it as an outer garment, over a sweater. If that's how you planned to wear it, you'd want it to have some extra room, wouldn't you?

It could have possibly belonged to a boyfriend or love interest. When I was in school, girls used to wear their boyfriend's jackets.

She was wearing it as an outer garment, over a sweater. If that's how you planned to wear it, you'd want it to have some extra room, wouldn't you?

That's a good point, but even over a sweater, I would think it would be too big. I'm about her weight and 20 lbs. heavier, and I can tell I would be swimming in it. She might've liked it that way, I suppose.

That's a good point, but even over a sweater, I would think it would be too big. I'm about her weight and 20 lbs. heavier, and I can tell I would be swimming in it. She might've liked it that way, I suppose.

In the video I recall watching them pull it out and placing it on a table, it struck me that it was strangely large for a woman of her size.

All thou it was hand made could have been one size fits all pattern, whom knows

It does look oversized, more man sized.
Perhaps she was wearing someone’s jacket, or....do you think someone killed her intending to take the jacket? Or, she “borrowed” it from someone and they came to collect?

There is something very ominous about that jacket, aside from the fact beautiful Marcia died in it.

That jacket...

I think the jacket's a big piece of the puzzle. I forgot how big it was. I'm really starting to think it was her killer's now...

It sure sounds possible that it was just the jacket that was in the southwest, knowing what we know now about her being in Louisville and Pittsburgh before her death. However, it's important to note that her jeans also had the southwest pollen, and they seemed to fit her...I'm a bit stumped here.

I have to keep reminding myself of the isotopes that said she was in Texas/Oklahoma for the two 2-month periods.

Now I'm thinking the jeans were hers, the jacket was a boyfriend's, and they were in Texas/Oklahoma together for some period of time?

Pollen doesn't have a time frame. She could have been there a year or two previous.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Pollen doesn't have a time frame. She could have been there a year or two previous.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Huh, I didn't know that. I need to educate myself more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member