Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted before, Marcia's thread has been moving so fast I may have missed it! More info on Joseph Benasutti:

BURLINGTON - Convicted killer Joseph Benasutti testified Tuesday in Boone Circuit Court that he attacked at least six women in his lifetime - but not Peggy Casey on Easter weekend 1994.
"I've been accused of something I didn't do," Benasutti said after being asked why he agreed to testify against defendant Raymond Clutter, 62, of Warsaw.
Lawyers for Clutter say Benasutti is more likely Casey's killer.
She was last seen asking for a ride home from the Bottoms Up bar in Covington the night of April 1 or morning of April 2. Casey's body parts were recovered later that year in the Ohio counties of Champaign, Clark and Miami.
Benasutti, 52, said he would have been at his home in Miami County with his wife and two young boys at Easter. "Most certainly I spent the weekend with my family," said Benasutti, serving a 105-year sentence at Allen Correctional Institute in Lima, Ohio, for killing a woman, attempting to kill a second and assaulting four others.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/pdf/KY_CE_300610.pdf

We're Benasutti's victims and those thought to be his victims sexually assaulted?

We're Benasutti's victims and those thought to be his victims sexually assaulted?

His charges include Abuse of Corpse, possibly necrophilia?

https://www.rapsheets.org/ohio/doc-prisoner/BENASUTTI_JOSEPH/A318871

Joseph Benasutti killed Shannon Shoop, a 25-year-old prostitute from Dayton, OH. I'm not sure if he raped her or not. When he was in prison for her murder, he led police to her unmarked grave.

A prostitute named LaVonna Thomas was blindfolded and nearly strangled her to death with a noose by Benasutti, and he was imprisoned for assault of a Springfield, OH woman he tried to have sex with.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/n...dlines-over-the-years/5fJLyZxYrWwCzHMUfEme0I/

His charges include Abuse of Corpse, possibly necrophilia?

https://www.rapsheets.org/ohio/doc-prisoner/BENASUTTI_JOSEPH/A318871

Joseph Benasutti killed Shannon Shoop, a 25-year-old prostitute from Dayton, OH. I'm not sure if he raped her or not. When he was in prison for her murder, he led police to her unmarked grave.

A prostitute named LaVonna Thomas was blindfolded and nearly strangled her to death with a noose by Benasutti, and he was imprisoned for assault of a Springfield, OH woman he tried to have sex with.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/n...dlines-over-the-years/5fJLyZxYrWwCzHMUfEme0I/
He has bizarre requests according to one of the victims, she said that's when he turned. There's 5 that came forward, but they're still living and not going to post their names for them to be harrassed. If you dig hard enough you'll find them.

I did find it strange that during his trial there were 2 Male inmates in other counties that were testifying against him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Marcia was struck on the head and neck repeatedly with an unidentified weapon, and if I remember correctly her body was beaten so badly that her liver ruptured. I believe she may have had other internal injuries as well... Then she was strangled to death... To me, these injuries seem to have been made by someone who had not killed before (as there was no efficency in this regard), and someone who was furiously angry; I think it has the hallmarks of a passion killing - her boyfriend, someone she was dating, etc. It just doesn't feel like this was the result of a serial killer - and especially since she was not sexually assaulted or else tortured.

Here are 2 important questions:1. Did Marcia ride with 1 or more people associated with Way Intl. when she traveled from Pittsburgh, PA to New Knoxville, OH? Did Marcia arrive at Way Intl. headquarters in New Knoxville,OH in April of 1981?

Marcia was struck on the head and neck repeatedly with an unidentified weapon, and if I remember correctly her body was beaten so badly that her liver ruptured. I believe she may have had other internal injuries as well... Then she was strangled to death... To me, these injuries seem to have been made by someone who had not killed before (as there was no efficency in this regard), and someone who was furiously angry; I think it has the hallmarks of a passion killing - her boyfriend, someone she was dating, etc. It just doesn't feel like this was the result of a serial killer - and especially since she was not sexually assaulted or else tortured.

Personally, I agree with you. I have felt for years that Marcia's murder was due to domestic violence. I don't think her killer was a serial killer or a truck driver she refused to sleep with. I think he would've raped her anyway. I feel it was a boyfriend her family didn't know about, probably someone she'd met after leaving home. Also her feet being clean, but not with shoes on.

I'm keeping in mind the possibility of a serial killer though.

Personally, I agree with you. I have felt for years that Marcia's murder was due to domestic violence. I don't think her killer was a serial killer or a truck driver she refused to sleep with. I think he would've raped her anyway. I feel it was a boyfriend her family didn't know about, probably someone she'd met after leaving home. Also her feet being clean, but not with shoes on.

Ditto regarding the DV, although it would not surprise me if it was a workplace dispute that resulted in violence from either a male or female.
imo, speculation.

Here are 2 important questions:1. Did Marcia ride with 1 or more people associated with Way Intl. when she traveled from Pittsburgh, PA to New Knoxville, OH? Did Marcia arrive at Way Intl. headquarters in New Knoxville,OH in April of 1981?

Probably LE has information on these questions they are not sharing at this point. Unfortunately it's all a guessing game for us out here without knowing if they have filled in anything along the timeline of the month before her murder.
LE just doesn't want to make much public due to the notoriety of her case and the chance of the public messing with the case. They never said if she left Pittsburgh alone or with someone. If she left alone it doesn't seem likely a partner killed her. Also I'm sure she travelled with more than the clothes on her back. Where were her other belongings.

Probably LE has information on these questions they are not sharing at this point. Unfortunately it's all a guessing game for us out here without knowing if they have filled in anything along the timeline of the month before her murder.
LE just doesn't want to make much public due to the notoriety of her case and the chance of the public messing with the case. They never said if she left Pittsburgh alone or with someone. If she left alone it doesn't seem likely a partner killed her. Also I'm sure she travelled with more than the clothes on her back. Where were her other belongings.

I've had a guy beat the crap out of me; I still feel DV by a guy she may have been seeing that was local. I'll be shocked if it's a serial killer.

Her case is even bigger due to it being DNA Doe's 1st solve. It got a lot of exposure. People are still asking to watch the presser. So glad I went nuts the morning of the presser to make sure it got put online.

I've had a guy beat the crap out of me; I still feel DV by a guy she may have been seeing that was local. I'll be shocked if it's a serial killer.

Her case is even bigger due to it being DNA Doe's 1st solve. It got a lot of exposure. People are still asking to watch the presser. So glad I went nuts the morning of the presser to make sure it got put online.

Thanks so much for your work with the presser - I was super busy that morning so it was tricky for me to get it online.

Marcia had always been one of the most popular Does and being the first DNA Doe Project solve just made the news that much bigger. Before the press release officially IDing her as Marcia King, she had 3,523 posts on her thread. Before her family came forward, she had 3,203 posts. She had the most thread replies or views of any Doe without a subforum, with the second being Walker County Jane Doe for both replies and views. WCJD has 2,771 posts as of today. I don't know what exactly it was that brought us all together for her case, but I am so glad it happened. It really does bring tears to me eyes that Marcia had so many people remembering her all these years :loveyou: Websleuthers are such a great group of people.

I think it would've still made major news if she had been solved in a different way, but of course DDP caught people's attention, which is great.

Just IMO ...I think Marcia's case has so much interest because it could happen to anyone. Plus it hasn't even been a century since women were actually forbidden to roam freely/live free lifestyles, as they were thought to be too weak and vunerable to survive the kind of lives men took for granted. (I'm talking about the Westernized world.)

An additional thought- is LE in Troy questioning locals again? Because I've learned that in parts of the Midwest there is a definitely very ugly "old boy's network" that covers up assaults and killings if the perp has the right connections/ can pay off people to shut up and discourage questions. This case might be a long buried secret for some one (or a few someones) in the area.

Anita Qvist, recently added to Namus. Ran away in 1979, last spoke to parents by phone in 1984.

Look A LOT alike.

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/43520
45f955a2052c03ef84b5ec68f1e021ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Just IMO ...I think Marcia's case has so much interest because it could happen to anyone. Plus it hasn't even been a century since women were actually forbidden to roam freely/live free lifestyles, as they were thought to be too weak and vunerable to survive the kind of lives men took for granted. (I'm talking about the Westernized world.)

An additional thought- is LE in Troy questioning locals again? Because I've learned that in parts of the Midwest there is a definitely very ugly "old boy's network" that covers up assaults and killings if the perp has the right connections/ can pay off people to shut up and discourage questions. This case might be a long buried secret for some one (or a few someones) in the area.

Good points about women in the Western world.

I'm not sure if they are. I would guess so. They've been very selective with releasing information. I see what you mean, but personally, I think she was killed and dumped by a boyfriend who wasn't from the area. That's just my theory though.

old boys network runs deep in Miami County, I live here... I know!

Anita Qvist, recently added to Namus. Ran away in 1979, last spoke to parents by phone in 1984.

Look A LOT alike.

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/43520
45f955a2052c03ef84b5ec68f1e021ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Think maybe Marcia's discovery has encouraged family to report missing family that they've only left as a runaway. Curious how many older last seen cases will start appearing.

Its hard to imagine that domestic violence could just popped up in on this insane level. If she was close to monster so violent to be able to do such a thing and kill her after that (to keep her silent about that?) there had to be someone who had at least strong suspicion who could hurt her, or at least who could be the reason why she "run away" (as long as people didnt knew her fate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member