Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly do not feel Aida is BG. Look at this email from Aida's brother to cold case files

HE (PRUITT) WAS SEEN ON INTERSTATE-19 85 GOING SOUTH WITH MY SISTER AND HE AND HIS BROTHER WERE HOLDING HER UP GOING TO THE BATHROOM AT A GAS STATION.THEY WERE IN A NEW BLUE BUICK REGAL THE STATION ATTENDANT SAID.. HE AND HIS BROTHER SHOWED UP AT HIS SIMPLE ASSULT TRAIL (WHILE MY SISTER WAS MISSING). IN A BLUE BUICK REGAL. HE WAS FOUND GUILTY AND FINED 1000.00 DOLLARS AND PROBATION., HE LOST HIS COMMODITIES LICIENCE DUE TO THIS. I HAVE MORE INFO AND RECORD ON THIS.. THE G.B.I. PUT IT IN THEIR ARCHIVES AS UNSOLVED.. HE IS GUILTY. I KNOW IT. EVERYONE KNEW IT.. HE HAD SAID "HE HAD FREINDS TO TAKE CARE OF LITTLE GIRLS LIKE MY SISTER.. MY SISTER WAS TO TESTIFY AGAINST JIMMI ON THE 5TH OF OCT, MONDAY,AND SHE WENT MISSING ON FRIDAY THE 2ND BEFORE..

Bumping..

Presently reading the excellent book, The Murder Room, about the Vidocq Society and 'The case of the shoeless Corpse" chapter, reminded me of Buckskin Girl.
In Philadelphia, student Deborah Lynn Wilson, age 20, was found beaten and strangled , fully clothed but without shoes and socks, and no indication of having been sexually assaulted, like Buckskin.
It was determined that the motive for murder, was to steal her running shoes and socks to fufill perp's fetish for these items.
I can imagine Buckskin G. wearing interesting footwear to match the rest of her outfit, fwiw, imo.
Could a similar type perp be responsible for BG's death and if so, could it help lead to her identity?

http://articles.philly.com/1995-12-04/news/25668390_1_foot-fetish-security-guard-sneakers

They do look similar but as a heroin user (the article below states the MP and her boyfriend used $200-300 worth daily) the needle marks would probably still be visible on her arms a year later even if she quit and started a new life. Buckskin Girl is noted for having "very good hygiene" so the needle marks probably would have been noted, had there been any.

They do look similar but as a heroin user (the article below states the MP and her boyfriend used $200-300 worth daily) the needle marks would probably still be visible on her arms a year later even if she quit and started a new life. Buckskin Girl is noted for having "very good hygiene" so the needle marks probably would have been noted, had there been any.

BBM. That is a great point. We don't know how long she was using. Plenty of people do NOT end up with track marks from using. Plenty of people have great hygiene when using as well. Sounds like they had ample money and if they were trafficking, obviously they would need to fly under the radar. The fact she was a nurse says to me she had to be sober enough to complete a 3-4 year nursing program and take a standardized test some time after the age of 18. Just some thoughts...I see a resemblance, especially in the forehead, yes, brows, etc...

Side by side of Marion and Buckskin girl. I *think* the noses are different. Marion's looks more arched and not so thin. Also the chins look different. But she's very close.

There's another UID she reminds me of more, but I can't place her at the moment.

Attachments

• buckskin jd with Marion Sanford.png
    buckskin jd with Marion Sanford.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 155
I am without a doubt convinced 100% that this is Barbara Cotton. The reasons I still believe this are listed below.

- Barbara went missing on April 11th 1981. This UID was discovered on April 24th 1981

- Barbara and the UID have a substantial sized mole on their upper ride hand side of their necks
- They both of unique left hand slants to their noses.
- They both have a weak chin
- There is mention that both have good teeth
- if I recall correctly I think there is importation that both have a left ear that is sightly lower than the right ear. Enough so that it is noticible.

There are some discrepancies in terms of height and eye color but I wouldn't consider these to be all that important as they are close enough imo (ie brown and hazel and height is off by about an inch or two).

I am without a doubt convinced 100% that this is Barbara Cotton. The reasons I still believe this are listed below.

- Barbara went missing on April 11th 1981. This UID was discovered on April 24th 1981

- Barbara and the UID have a substantial sized mole on their upper ride hand side of their necks
- They both of unique left hand slants to their noses.
- They both have a weak chin
- There is mention that both have good teeth
- if I recall correctly I think there is importation that both have a left ear that is sightly lower than the right ear. Enough so that it is noticible.

There are some discrepancies in terms of height and eye color but I wouldn't consider these to be all that important as they are close enough imo (ie brown and hazel and height is off by about an inch or two).

What about the ears? Barbara had pierced ears and BG did not.

What about the ears? Barbara had pierced ears and BG did not.

Not to mention that Barbara was only 15 years old, and had scoliosis.

She does sort of resemble the frontal postmortem of BG, but when you look at the profile of BG, she looks nothing like Barbara.

FWIW, I'm 100% certain that she's not Barbara Cotton.

Not to mention that Barbara was only 15 years old, and had scoliosis.

She does sort of resemble the frontal postmortem of BG, but when you look at the profile of BG, she looks nothing like Barbara.

FWIW, I'm 100% certain that she's not Barbara Cotton.

I agree. I'm not sure how she was ruled out, but she already was.

This is just my opinion. And I believe the discrepancies are just that...discrepancies. I think it deserves a closer look (ruled out or not). Having analyzed the photos and time line, I still believe this...

Side by side of Marion and Buckskin girl. I *think* the noses are different. Marion's looks more arched and not so thin. Also the chins look different. But she's very close.

There's another UID she reminds me of more, but I can't place her at the moment.

I think the noses do look slightly different and the chin as well. But, Marion has a lopsided smile in her photo, while Buckskin is a re-creation of a post-mortem (all of her facial muscles are entirely relaxed because she is dead). I know when I smile in the mirror both my chin and nose take an entirely different shape from when I stand there relaxed (and those muscles are still at work to a degree when "relaxed"). I also know how until we had the side profile of Buckskin and saw the actual shape of her face, she looked very, very different to us all. Even the angle of her face can change how her nose can look. Noses can be deceptive at times. I think she is worth looking into for several reasons. It would be great if we could find another picture of Marion.

I think the noses do look slightly different and the chin as well. But, Marion has a lopsided smile in her photo, while Buckskin is a re-creation of a post-mortem (all of her facial muscles are entirely relaxed because she is dead). I know when I smile in the mirror both my chin and nose take an entirely different shape from when I stand there relaxed (and those muscles are still at work to a degree when "relaxed"). I also know how until we had the side profile of Buckskin and saw the actual shape of her face, she looked very, very different to us all. Even the angle of her face can change how her nose can look. Noses can be deceptive at times. I think she is worth looking into for several reasons. It would be great if we could find another picture of Marion.

The part where I thought it looked different is at the bridge, where it's mostly bone. But I agree, something as simple as angle or lighting could create a drastic difference. I'm certainly not saying I think it rules her out.

I wish there was more information about her -- enough to tell if she fits the physical profile.

I too thought
Marion could be BG but noses seem to curve or point in opposite directions. Also BG has 32d bra size listed in namus. The picture of Marion at the table looks like she is fairly skinny and small chested. I do think BG is from outside the US. Everything about her appearance is so striking ie the clothing, the well manicured eye brows, the pigtails, and being physically fit. I also wonder if BG was going for the look of Saint kateri tekakwitha. First Native American saint beatified in 1980. BG seems to share some of her appearance. One other thing I noticed was BG's jeans appear clean in the lower portion where they may have been tucked into a boot. She just seems so out of place for the time and place.

I too thought
Marion could be BG but noses seem to curve or point in opposite directions. Also BG has 32d bra size listed in namus. The picture of Marion at the table looks like she is fairly skinny and small chested. I do think BG is from outside the US. Everything about her appearance is so striking ie the clothing, the well manicured eye brows, the pigtails, and being physically fit. I also wonder if BG was going for the look of Saint kateri tekakwitha. First Native American saint beatified in 1980. BG seems to share some of her appearance. One other thing I noticed was BG's jeans appear clean in the lower portion where they may have been tucked into a boot. She just seems so out of place for the time and place.

BBM. I totally agree. Certain "fashions" are adopted by other countries later. She seems to have been a bit behind on the times clothes wise. The only other thing would be for her to have spent time locked up and was released with those clothes (but no fingerprint match).

Here is another article http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3235374/125-000-reward-for-leads-in-Kiwi-cold-case

Yeah, a 32D bra would make her thin but large-breasted. To give a visual, Katy Perry wears a 32D.

Not sure if this was the case then, but this size appears somewhat hard to find these days. It's a little unusual to be that slim with D-cup breasts, and there's nothing to indicate she had implants. This might be a good way to compare her to missing women.

Yeah, a 32D bra would make her thin but large-breasted. To give a visual, Katy Perry wears a 32D.

Not sure if this was the case then, but this size appears somewhat hard to find these days. It's a little unusual to be that slim with D-cup breasts, and there's nothing to indicate she had implants. This might be a good way to compare her to missing women.

A 32D does not mean huge breasts. Proportionate, yes. It is more circumference. It is equal to a 36A-B. It is also a common size in the UK. Not so much in America. I looked online and if the cups of a 36A were on a 32 band it would be a 32C or D. The issue with bras in these situations is we can't guarantee (unless the ME measured it) that they are an actual fitted/correct size or even were purchased originally by the UID.

Any chance she was dressed like that for a costume party, theme party, or concert? Village people come to mind...

Want to leave their links here - NamUs UP #4790
Barbara Cotton NamUs

Victoria's Secret sells 32D bras; I did a quick google search; doesn't look that hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr