Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of long waits. I have been waiting for two years now for either a possible match or rule out with this one.

Wendy Susan Byron's name is still not on the exclusion's list - despite the fact that LE has DNA for her and for BG for a comparison.

I have requested updates from Ohio LE several times now with no success.

Frustrated, I've since backed off and tried to be more patient. :gaah:

I still think Wendy is as good a candidate for a match as many of these others are.

:eek:fftopic:

Hey Carbuff...
I actually submitted one for 26ufga yesterday w/ Janet Knife and heard back from not only the coroner but the sheriff!!! The detective called me; had a great conversation and they think it could possibly be her! (Hope I'm not saying something out of turn! If so, please remove.) I am so excited. Just bringing these kids home is life fulfilling enough!

<<<<Modnote>>>> This message was copied to the Rising Fawn WhtFem thread:

GA-Rising-Fawn-WhtFem-26UFGA-16-25-On-East-Side-of-NB-I-59-Dec-88

So, we are working on matching her? Am I the first to put her here? OMG...this case is the one I've been following besides Caledonia! OMG!

Good job Sam Spade. I just wanted to do the side by side comparison for everyone to see, you brought her to my attention. I am not sure if anyone else thought of Kimberly possibly being the Buckskin girl or not. She is one of the closest possible matches I have seen.

Hey Carbuff...
I actually submitted one for 26ufga yesterday w/ Janet Knife and heard back from not only the coroner but the sheriff!!! The detective called me; had a great conversation and they think it could possibly be her! (Hope I'm not saying something out of turn! If so, please remove.) I am so excited. Just bringing these kids home is life fulfilling enough!

I submitted Janet Knife last year as a possible match to Shotgun Jane doe in TN, Amy Dobbs from NamUs said they are waiting for Janet's DNA to come back. Curious to see if she is one of the UID's!

Hey Carbuff...

NamUs profile for Janet Knife Date last seen November 13, 1986

There is very little information available on Janet Knife. She seems to have gone missing on a trip from Missouri to Georgia, last seen November 1986. Buckskin Girl died in April 1981. I surely see a resemblance but it can't be her.

I thought Sam Spade was suggesting Kimberly Cozart, not Janet Knife. I think s/he was saying s/he submitted Janet for a UID in Georgia.

Back to Kimberly, I'm not entirely sold, but she looks like a good possible. Interested to see if she's a match.

I thought Sam Spade was suggesting Kimberly Cozart, not Janet Knife. I think s/he was saying s/he submitted Janet for a UID in Georgia.

Back to Kimberly, I'm not entirely sold, but she looks like a good possible. Interested to see if she's a match.

Thanks! I misunderstood, as well! :)

Hey Carbuff...

Nice going! Keep up the good work!

That's right, FiveFelines....and I'm a she! LOL. :)

1978 Ralph Lauren introduced the casual/sophisticated "prairie look", denim skirts worn over layers of white cotton petticoats, fringed buckskin jackets and full sleeved soft blouses.

I'm guessing this was a fall collection? If she was from the midwest in the days before the internet, trends used to take longer to catch on here. What my cousins on the East Coast were wearing one year didn't usually come into style here until the next year. So maybe this was just an outfit someone made for her because it was trendy at the time?

Trendy clothes, exceptional hygiene and physical fitness....she seems to have been someone who was well cared for up until this point...hard to reconcile that with the fact that no one seems to know who she is.

This is what I was thinking. Even today I have been to towns in the Rockies and Midwest that seem stuck in the past. Some cannot afford to keep up with fashion trends & others see no point.

My theory on Buckskin Girl is she took up with a man who turned out to be an abuser. They *might* have been living a semi-transient life & he killed her some years after they first got together. That would explain her good physical condition (her basic needs were met.) If her killer was her boyfriend/husband he might have claimed she ran off with someone else, therefore making it look like she could have changed her last name & settled down far away from home. Her missing shoes makes me think she was attacked by someone she knew (i.e. she was possibly relaxing/getting ready to go to bed. Travelers don't tend to remove shoes unless they can be sure to not end up losing them..if her shoes were distinctive, someone could have stolen them.) The method of murder also seems full of rage & domination (a common set of feelings for abusive partners.)

Her bone structure is very sharp & makes me think she is of distantly Irish or English descent. The complexion tells of being sensitive of the sun. (Also sun exposure can lighten/redden hair.)

Also....her scars make it seem like she might have been a ranch worker (worked with horses, cows, etc.) Her height/weight being what it is but no note of her being "overweight" makes me think she had great muscle tone, probably from physical work. The braids would be consistent with this kind of occupation.

When BG gets identified, I will be surprised if she wasn't known to ride (or on) motorcycles; probably into horses too. That was my 1st impression of her with the high neck shirt & buckskin pullover along with the braids.

My 1st impression of her with the braids & fringed buckskin pullover; was she was dressed to be riding on a motorcycle. I wish I still had my Easy Rider mags from back then. We wore braids to keep our hair from getting knotted. Even with a regular pony tail; our hair would get knotted from the wind. I've been trying to get back here to read the full post but just don't have time.

Wish I knew if there were any bike runs in late April 1981 in states near Ohio. If this was closer to March; I'd wonder if they were on the way back from Bike Week. Wouldn't be hard to transport a body with a side car. Possible she started off on a motorcycle & was left.

I have a friend that was a photographer for ER Mag. I'll try to pick thru her old pictures to see if I can find similar clothing.

Paula used to take pics for Easy Rider & Tattoo Magazine. I put BG's pics on my wall hoping she & another friend of mine would give input on the jacket; but they are both busy due to illnesses.

Photography by Pulsating Paula - Vintage Biker Photographs all taken by Pulsating Paula from the early 80s to mid 90s.

Handmade booth

Handmade top

handmade top

Hand made leather top & chaps

Just a bit grumpy...I put Kim Cozart up here early June and someone submitted her on June 23. I talked to the sherriff and he said someone called it in.
I hope credit is given where credit is due if this comes to fruition. Not trying to sound like a complete jerk on this but I've worked my butt off trying to
find a match for this girl and if someone else claims it....well, frustrated and sad are some of the words that come to mind. :(

Just a bit grumpy...I put Kim Cozart up here early June and someone submitted her on June 23. I talked to the sherriff and he said someone called it in.
I hope credit is given where credit is due if this comes to fruition. Not trying to sound like a complete jerk on this but I've worked my butt off trying to
find a match for this girl and if someone else claims it....well, frustrated and sad are some of the words that come to mind. :(

I would not worry about who calls it in and who gets credit. It's here on websleuths (and will remain forever that you suggested it) from early June. That someone called it in is moot. That YOU matched is more important because the proof is here and it is in writing before June 23.

On another note as far as Kimberly goes I do not think it is her. She disappeared in 1977, where would she be for 4 years until discovered. Plus the physical characteristics and circumstances do not seem to match. It is just my opinion.

Right. We know that you mentioned her first on here, and that's worth something. It seems to me that anyone (not just someone on WS) could have made that call--people tend to jump on it when new MPs get added to Namus, Charley, etc. Great minds and all. I totally understand your grumpiness, but I hope we don't lose sight of the most important issue at hand--that BG gets her name back.

FWIW, I'm in agreement with Carbuff about thinking she's not a match. But I would like to know for sure either way.

I agree with you guys. I think after awhile this gets to you and when you finally think you have something, well, you freak out. Thanks for putting
me in my place and coming off my high horse. It's all about bringing them home. I hope you'll forgive me for my pretentiousness. :(

That's why I love being a part of this site; the support is beyond incredible. Thanks, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966