Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1980 in the midwest, it would still have been somewhat common to get married at 17 or 18. Not the norm, but not that unusual, either. But yeah, a parent rather than partner is possible too.

View attachment 88973View attachment 88974

NCMEC released reconstructions an hour ago. They also stated she had a crown on one of her teeth, contrary to what other sources say. It looks great, yet I feel they made her look a bit too young.

I agree, she looks about 15. I sent the recons to Amy Dobbs so NamUs now has them too.

I posted on r/grateful doe today about her. Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/gratefuldoe/comments/4603pj/murdered_on_april_23_1981_troy_oh_what_was_her/

No responses from the stations about a possible story, and I checked spam. I really hope they do reply. This is very, very important.

I'm pretty sure grey has a post for suggested cases. You can ask on their FB page The Doe Search if they'll consider working on BG in the near future. Let Grey know her anniversary is coming up

NCMEC shared the new reconstructions on their Facebook page. As of now she has approx 700 likes, 125 comments (including one woman who said she looks like a girl who she never saw again, was going to check yearbook), and over 1600 shares. Let's hope it picks up significantly like Jason Callahan.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

1,660 shares now. Links for the posts on both of their FB pages for anyone interested

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children posted - February 14 at 9:00am ·
#‎Unidentified‬ in ‪#‎Ohio‬

On April 24, 1981 an unidentified female was found deceased in ‪#‎MiamiCounty‬, #Ohio. She had been deceased less than two days.
The female is in her late teens to early twenties. She appears Caucasian with a ruddy complexion and freckles on her face. She had long reddish-brown hair that was styled in two side braids and brown eyes.
She was found wearing distinctive clothing that consisted of bell bottom blue jeans, a brown turtleneck sweater, and a handmade tan buckskin pull-over jacket with leather fringe.
Digitally enhanced images of the clothing are below along with a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC ‪#‎forensic‬ artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

Please call 1-800-THE-LOST if you can help identify this female.
More Info: http://missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1107106/

Help ID Me added 4 new photos. February 11 at 7:30pm
#‎Unidentified‬ in ‪#‎Ohio‬

On April 24, 1981 an unidentified female was found deceased in Miami County, Ohio. She had been deceased less than two days.

The female is in her late teens to early twenties. She appears Caucasian with a ruddy complexion and freckles on her face. She had long reddish-brown hair that was styled in two side braids and brown eyes.

She was found wearing distinctive clothing that consisted of bell bottom blue jeans, a brown turtleneck sweater, and a handmade tan buckskin pull-over jacket with leather fringe.

Digitally enhanced images of the clothing are below along with a facial reconstruction created by a ‪#‎NCMEC‬ forensic artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

Please call 1-800-THE-LOST if you can help identify this female.
More Info: http://missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1107106/

You can ask on their FB page The Doe Search if they'll consider working on BG in the near future. Let Grey know her anniversary is coming up

I messaged the page asking them to feature her.

On a different note, has it ever been confirmed if Buckskin Girl had been pregnant or given birth?

Do any of you have any theories? I'm sure you do, I'd love to hear them :)

I haven't posted about this case in a very long time, but it is never far from my thoughts. Lately I have been thinking about the concentration of Amish communities around central Ohio and Indiana. Could she have come from one of these communities? She did not have pierced ears. No makeup, little evidence of hair styling. She did have a "ruddy" skin tone, indicative of an outdoor lifestyle. Has this ever been considered?

I haven't posted about this case in a very long time, but it is never far from my thoughts. Lately I have been thinking about the concentration of Amish communities around central Ohio and Indiana. Could she have come from one of these communities? She did not have pierced ears. No makeup, little evidence of hair styling. She did have a "ruddy" skin tone, indicative of an outdoor lifestyle. Has this ever been considered?

If she had left her Amish or Mennonite community for an "English" lifestyle then, from what I understand, she may have been shunned. So that might account for lack of missing person report, possibly.

Wow those reconstructions look so real.. A little different from what I thought she looked like but very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed this topic has not been discussed a lot, and it may not have much to do with identifying BG but I was thinking about this a lot today as I was listening to Down By The River by Neil Young. I was wondering, do you all think her murder was premeditated or not?

While I do believe she knew her killer and had a close relationship with him/her (SO or family, close "friend", etc.) I do not think her murder was premeditated. I know I've written about the domestic abuse theory a lot anyway, but I think her murder was done in a moment of intense anger. I still really want to know, did the blows to the head come first, or the strangulation? I know I said this a page back, but I imagine someone striking her with an object out of anger, and then realizing that she was doing very poorly after that and "finished the job" by strangling her to death. That's just my theory though, and it may seem fuzzy because I'm pretty exhausted lol.

I just thought of something additional for this; Amish women wear gowns and caps so likely the only skin exposed would be her face and hands. I don't think having rough, farm hands would rule her out as so either.

Can't remember if this was stated.
I noticed this topic has not been discussed a lot, and it may not have much to do with identifying BG but I was thinking about this a lot today as I was listening to Down By The River by Neil Young. I was wondering, do you all think her murder was premeditated or not?

While I do believe she knew her killer and had a close relationship with him/her (SO or family, close "friend", etc.) I do not think her murder was premeditated. I know I've written about the domestic abuse theory a lot anyway, but I think her murder was done in a moment of intense anger. I still really want to know, did the blows to the head come first, or the strangulation? I know I said this a page back, but I imagine someone striking her with an object out of anger, and then realizing that she was doing very poorly after that and "finished the job" by strangling her to death. That's just my theory though, and it may seem fuzzy because I'm pretty exhausted lol.

She would only be shunned if she had been baptized. If she was Amish and left before being baptized, she would not be shunned. Amish believe in adult baptism, not infant baptism.

The fact that she had a root canal done would lead me to believe she was not Amish. The Amish do not believe in medical insurance, and it would be cheaper and more practical to have an infected tooth pulled than spend the money on a root canal.

Also just as a side note I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21. I know it's not common, but I'm sure there are other women who never had pierced ears.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to print some flyers with the reconstructions and post them around Troy. Does anyone think it could help or would I just be wasting my time?

I don't see how it could hurt, and you never know when finally somebody who knew her will see it.

The fact that she had a root canal done would lead me to believe she was not Amish. The Amish do not believe in medical insurance, and it would be cheaper and more practical to have an infected tooth pulled than spend the money on a root canal.

Also just as a side note I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21. I know it's not common, but I'm sure there are other women who never had pierced ears.

What about Mennonites though? I don't know too much about their customs or presence in Ohio (although I see them at cedar point occasionally).

What about Mennonites though? I don't know too much about their customs or presence in Ohio (although I see them at cedar point occasionally).

Mennonites are more liberal in their beliefs. They embrace technology like cars, even TV/Internet to an extent, and live amongst the larger communities outside their faith. I imagine they go to the dentist, but I'm not 100% certain. If she was Mennonite they do not shun people who leave, so someone would be looking for her.

Mennonites live a quiet conservative lifestyle but they're pretty much like the rest of us. One of my good friends is a Mennonite from Canada who writes Christian romances.

Thinking that since Buckskin did not have pierced ears, she probably came from an educated, and/ or, middle to upper middle class , "Wasp"background.
imo, speculation.
Eta, https://yougov.co.uk/news/2011/11/08/age-limit-piercings/

The British public think there should be an age limit on getting ear piercings without parental consent in England and Wales, with more than two thirds thinking the age limit should be at least 16, and around one in five stipulating that it should be at least 18.

Opinion is similar when it comes to piercings of other parts of the body, with nine out of ten people saying the limit for this should be at least 16, and one in ten going as far as saying that the age should be at least 21 or over.

The results come in light of a recent Welsh parliament petition highlighting high incidences of health problems caused by young people’s exposure to piercings. Although Scotland has a consent age of at least 16 for ear piercings, there are no laws regulating piercings for minors in England and Wales.

Never thought or knew that some may avoid ear piercing due to medical conditions such as diabetes.
Would diabetes be easily detected postmortem, might Buckskin been afflicted with any of these conditions, even though she was said to be very healthy?
imo, speculation.

Reasons that a piercing may not be in your best interest:

Health - If you have any chronic health problems that effect healing, blood clotting or where increased stress may cause a bad reaction:
​Diabetes, Ischemia, Venous stasis and other circulatory diseases - Since an important part of the healing of piercings involves a steady supply of blood to supply the growing tissue with oxygen and nutrients, those with diabetes and other diseases that affect the delivery of blood, will have an increased likelihood of prolonged healing and infection. Areas of the body where there is poor circulation and injection areas should be avoided. The biggest risk is the increased period that the piercing is an open wound. Since for example an average healthy adult may take 8 to 12 weeks to heal an ear piercing, those with circulatory dysfunctions may take as much as twice as long thus increasing the likelihood of contamination of foreign pathogens that could result in infections or other problems. However in most cases if the client is healthy, on medication and follows the aftercare instructions, I've seen little or no problem with healing. However, with any prolonged health condition, you should consult your doctor before getting a piercing.
Hemophilla, Anemia, and other blood clotting disorders - Since the act of piercing is puncturing the skin, the piercing will bleed. I know that there are some piercings that seem to not bleed at all but the reality is if you cut or puncture the body, it will bleed. Some areas of the body are more prone to bleeding than other like genital areas and the mouth that can in some cases bleed a small amount for a few days. They also heal faster due to increased blood flow. Unlike a normal puncture of the skin, with piercing we insert a piece of material that forces the wound to stay open and doesn't allow the body to close the wound completely. Thus bleeding can last longer. However with those with blood clotting disorders the blood lacks the ability to harden and reduce the loss of blood. The danger is in prolonged and major blood loss which could lead to dangerous results of the bleeding doesn't stop. I can not stress enough that if you have a clotting disorder you consult with your doctor before getting a piercing.
- See more at: http://axiompiercing.com/content/when-not-get-pierced#sthash.0JSEctcl.dpuf

My father spent a semester in a Mennonite college (we are not Mennonites, if that is unclear) and he said they appeared fairly lenient in their beliefs and wore 'typical' attire. Though from his understanding they weren't 'hardcore' Mennonites. Just my 2 cents.

Never thought or knew that some may avoid ear piercing due to medical conditions such as diabetes.
Would diabetes be easily detected postmortem, might Buckskin been afflicted with any of these conditions, even though she was said to be very healthy?
imo, speculation.

- See more at: http://axiompiercing.com/content/when-not-get-pierced#sthash.0JSEctcl.dpuf

FWIW, my aunt has diabetes and she had a nose piercing at one point but she did not have a clotting disorder, and it was okay. She did take it out though.

I found this article: https://www.researchgate.net/public...em_diagnosis_of_unsuspected_diabetes_mellitus

Which seemed pretty Latin to me, and I don't think it concerns the question really. But maybe she had a blood clotting disorder and did not link it to undiagnosed possible diabetes? Well, in any case, that article might be an interesting read for a more scientific-minded sleuther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse