Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tempted to print some flyers with the reconstructions and post them around Troy. Does anyone think it could help or would I just be wasting my time?

That could help spark someone's memory!

FWIW, I asked my mother's friend, born 1959-1960 and an Ohio native (she was all around OH, I think she may have been in Columbus in 1981?? Definitely not sure on that though) through email if by any chance she recognizes BG. In the email I linked to the Facebook page Who Was Buckskin Girl? and attached Carl's recon and a picture of the buckskin jacket. She said she didn't recognize her but would ask around.

Ear piercing was still not widespread in the west and midwest by 1981. I couldn't tell you the exact percentage but I'd guess fewer than half of adult women had piercing. You could tell by when jewelry counters stopped carrying clip earrings [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed this topic has not been discussed a lot, and it may not have much to do with identifying BG but I was thinking about this a lot today as I was listening to Down By The River by Neil Young. I was wondering, do you all think her murder was premeditated or not?

While I do believe she knew her killer and had a close relationship with him/her (SO or family, close "friend", etc.) I do not think her murder was premeditated. I know I've written about the domestic abuse theory a lot anyway, but I think her murder was done in a moment of intense anger. I still really want to know, did the blows to the head come first, or the strangulation? I know I said this a page back, but I imagine someone striking her with an object out of anger, and then realizing that she was doing very poorly after that and "finished the job" by strangling her to death. That's just my theory though, and it may seem fuzzy because I'm pretty exhausted lol.

I feel DV. I do wonder why she was left where she was. Why not carry her into the woods? I do wonder if whoever killed her reads here or sees her on FB.

Ear piercing was still not widespread in the west and midwest by 1981. I couldn't tell you the exact percentage but I'd guess fewer than half of adult women had piercing. You could tell by when jewelry counters stopped carrying clip earrings [emoji4]

Have to agree, even in NJ. I think we're similar ages, I was born in 65. 1979 there weren't a lot of people piercing their ears. I wish I could remember when I had mine done because it was a pretty big deal. Neither of my sisters (4 years older & 3 years younger) had theirs done. I'm the only one with tattoo's too. As you mentioned clip on earrings; there used to be a tons back then.

I think it was more so our generation that started piercing babies ears. My son born in 85 had his left ear pierced when he was 5. Not piercing babies ears used to be a huge topic on FB when I started my parenting page 5 years ago.

FWIW I had my ears pierced when I was 3 months (1991). I had nothing in them from ages 12 to 23 but I was able to adorn them without issue in the same piercings.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I agree with this. Living in the same area and probably being within a couple years of the same age as BG I'm not surprised her ears weren't pierced. Things have changed so much since that time. Mine were pierced but only because I did it myself hiding in the bathroom. My mom didn't know for months because of my long hair but when she found out she made me remove the earrings :blushing:

Grey was super kind and offered to put down Buckskin Girl on a list of possible UIDs to feature. She also shared the Facebook page. I'm pretty excited!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davidson_brenda.html

I doubt it's her, mainly due to the LKA date (1974). But age, height, and weight line up. She has brownish, reddish hair and brownish eyes. Her ears don't appear to be pierced in her photos. She has a relatively prominent nose like BG.

Again, I doubt it's her. But please take a look and let me know what you think.

118d5bcc2b1b5b0ad02d4c28be818e98.jpg

Looks pretty similar to my untrained eye. The nose ... I wish we had a side view of the missing girl.

I think you might be on to something here with Brenda Sue Davidson.

I found the FB page her sisters have put together and there are other photos of BSD, along with photos of the family. A lot of them have the 'weak chin' and gapped smile.

How long would it take an isotope analysis to be performed? How much would it cost?

And would the isotope analysis be able to differentiate between Ohio and nearby parts of Kentucky or Indiana? I really feel she could be from those areas and dumped in Troy by her killer.

Wow, that has really come down. Five years ago, the only way most agencies could afford the testing was if they could get a place like the Smithsonian to donate their services.

Yeah, I could pitch in some.

"My mom went to the rural high school right down the road at this time. I asked her about this and she, and her brother, said they had never even heard of it. Crazy."

Poor Buckskin Girl. I am really hoping publicity picks up quickly. I know I keep talking about this constantly, but it is a crucial part of solving most long-term UID cases.

http://cais.uga.edu/analytical_services/prices.php I found these costs for isotope analysis.

Also, apparently people nearby still haven't heard of it, according to this Reddit user... https://www.reddit.com/r/dayton/com...ane_doe_buckskin_girl_did_you_know_me/d0iuh45

Amateur here--what specific procedure would be performed on Buckskin Girl's remains? I haven't got the slightest idea.

But the prices seem pretty dang reasonable...I wonder why they haven't done it yet.

I am also still wondering about her stomach contents and toxicology reports.

You know, after the case in Australia with the little girl killed and put in a suitcase and her mom killed and found in a forest I have lost a little bit of faith in isotope testing as the results were far from accurate. Are these types of test usually accurate? Or was that just a rarity in it being so wrong with the cases I mentioned?

You know, after the case in Australia with the little girl killed and put in a suitcase and her mom killed and found in a forest I have lost a little bit of faith in isotope testing as the results were far from accurate. Are these types of test usually accurate? Or was that just a rarity in it being so wrong with the cases I mentioned?

Well, it honestly depends I think. The samples could easily have been contaminated. If I remember correctly, in the case of Tammy Jo Alexander they were correct? Like it came up with Florida (where she was from). Also, I guess some regions are more alike than others? I learned a lot about it from this: http://www.forensic-isotopes.org/assets/2013lehn.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo