Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why you couldn't request that information. I don't think knowing that would jeopardize the criminal case, myself, anymore than revealing she had scars and moles.

Right; knowing whether she had given birth would probably not lead to jeopardizing the case. It's the not knowing that can lead to erroneous assumptions that she definitively had or had no had kids. Although I suppose I can kind of see why they wouldn't release the hair tie information, it's not necessarily something her killer paid attention to.

I'm so painfully curious to know if there was other pople's DNA anywhere.

"I'm so painfully curious to know if there was other pople's DNA anywhere." - Me, too, like on her jacket, or under her fingernails.

The side-view post mortem photo was removed from NamUs. So was Carl's full body recon. Carl's recon that has stayed up is still listed as an "age regression", and it's not the updated version.

Thankfully the pictures of her buckskin jacket, turtleneck, and jeans have stayed up there.

It frustrates me that the side-view one was removed; it really showcases her distinctive look, specifically her nose. The side-view makes me sadder to look at, though. You can see her face contorted in pain; her eyebrows furrowed together; and her lips trembling. That photo really got to me.

I really would rather see a color photo, too. I know they're considered less disturbing in black & white, but I would like to just get a better sense of her skin and hair tone. All the recons look pretty different in terms of hair and skin color.

Her profile pm picture is still up on her wiki site. I made a copy of it in case it disappears.

The side-view post mortem photo was removed from NamUs. So was Carl's full body recon. Carl's recon that has stayed up is still listed as an "age regression", and it's not the updated version.

Thankfully the pictures of her buckskin jacket, turtleneck, and jeans have stayed up there.

It frustrates me that the side-view one was removed; it really showcases her distinctive look, specifically her nose. The side-view makes me sadder to look at, though. You can see her face contorted in pain; her eyebrows furrowed together; and her lips trembling. That photo really got to me.

I really would rather see a color photo, too. I know they're considered less disturbing in black & white, but I would like to just get a better sense of her skin and hair tone. All the recons look pretty different in terms of hair and skin color.

There's nothing we can do about it. It's personal preference to each NamUs case worker. Amy got mad that someone made a FB page for one of my main cases, she removed most of the photos. Best suggestion I have is to back up pics at NamUs for any case you follow.

I'm not sure who put age regression for Carl's image but it's always been there before Amy had the case.

Why would the caseworker get mad for something like that? You'd think they'd appreciate that the case got more publicity

Why would the caseworker get mad for something like that? You'd think they'd appreciate that the case got more publicity

She was a detective back then. She was working on Isotopes and age regressions for 2 Does that lead to the male being identified.
The FB page went online right before the news articles about the isotopes and age regressions, all I can figure is that she was worried it would hurt what she did. Back then social media was not thought of as a tool like it is now.

Tomorrow will be the 35th anniversary of her discovery. 12,775 days of namelessness--that's terribly sad. :(

Rest in peace :rose:

Today marks 35 years since her body was found. I hope that this will be the year that she is identified and her killer is brought to justice. RIP Buckskin Girl

I've been trying to find news articles about Buckskin Girl today. Nothing. I did find this post, written a month ago, from a person who claims that they can solve true crime mysteries through the use of tarot cards.

http://solarspectrumtarot.blogspot.com/2016/03/who-is-buckskin-girl.html

I'm not a believer in this whatsoever, but I did think it was somewhat interesting.

Am hoping someone, somewhere sees something. I've been making lots of posts on the Who Was Buckskin Girl? FB page and they're gotten a fair amount of shares.

Double post; I'm compiling a list of resources about Buckskin Girl.

http://www.canyouidentifyme.org/MiamiOhioJaneDoeApril1981
http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1107106/1/screen
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790
http://doenetwork.org/cases/133ufoh.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckskin_Girl

FWIW: In one of the articles linked in the Wikipedia article (http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1904&stc=1&d=1332268098), it lists her age as "mid-twenties". There's also a card-type thing (don't know how else to describe it), which has the front view of her post-mortem and it, again, says she is in her "mid-20s". Oddly, it seems that her age estimate has dropped down since her case went online. I've always personally felt she was on the older end of the range, if not a tad bit above the end range. I'd be pretty surprised if she was under 22.

Does anyone know if she was lying face down or face up when discovered? Sorry if that's been mentioned--I'm lame and can't find mention of it. :blushing:

I'm pretty disappointed that no there were no findable news articles online. Not many people read the newspaper nowadays, really, so I tried Googling for her using various terms. ("buckskin girl death ohio", "jane doe Miami county", "1981 jane doe ohio", etc.) and nothing from the past week or two came up. Media is important in long-term cold cases like this, of course.

I'm glad to see that the folks here at Websleuths are keeping her memory alive. Still, now I'm feeling pretty weary and bummed out about her case. I'm basically hoping for a miracle--a shiny new listing on NamUs, with a photo of her recognizable face. But oh my, it's feeling pretty unlikely right now. Ugh. The not knowing and unanswered questions as to Buckskin Girl's life and identity are so sad and frustrating for me--I can't even imagine how her family or friends feel, wondering where she went.

Does anyone know if she was lying face down or face up when discovered? Sorry if that's been mentioned--I'm lame and can't find mention of it. :blushing:

I'm pretty disappointed that no there were no findable news articles online. Not many people read the newspaper nowadays, really, so I tried Googling for her using various terms. ("buckskin girl death ohio", "jane doe Miami county", "1981 jane doe ohio", etc.) and nothing from the past week or two came up. Media is important in long-term cold cases like this, of course.

I'm glad to see that the folks here at Websleuths are keeping her memory alive. Still, now I'm feeling pretty weary and bummed out about her case. I'm basically hoping for a miracle--a shiny new listing on NamUs, with a photo of her recognizable face. But oh my, it's feeling pretty unlikely right now. Ugh. The not knowing and unanswered questions as to Buckskin Girl's life and identity are so sad and frustrating for me--I can't even imagine how her family or friends feel, wondering where she went.

Hi, as someone who used to work in the British media we would have happily run a story on this but would have been reliant on somebody sending in an email or phoning in to say that it was the anniversary. With the way most newspapers are these days (limited staff) it makes most of the work reactive and I suspect nobody knew. Maybe email some local papers and let them know.

Hi, as someone who used to work in the British media we would have happily run a story on this but would have been reliant on somebody sending in an email or phoning in to say that it was the anniversary. With the way most newspapers are these days (limited staff) it makes most of the work reactive and I suspect nobody knew. Maybe email some local papers and let them know.

Sorry if I sound too critical about the media! I was just frustrated because I had emailed about two dozen different news stations in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and not one of them replied or did the story. I then sent them all a differently worded message weeks later about Buckskin Girl. I know they're not obligated to do the story but it would be a nice thing to do. I'm just so worried that she won't magically pop up on NamUs as a missing person, with a clear and recognizable photo. :(

It's just so sad and I want to see her go home. I want to know more about her life at the time. I want to know exactly why she was not reported missing. And I want to know the circumstances of her disappearance. I swear I'm not crazy lol, I just want to have answers that follow a logical pattern.

I need some coffee. Lol.

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I was born and raised in Troy and have been following Buckskin Girl since I found this site. I was talking about my co-worker casually about crime in the area and brought up BG. My co-worker said "Oh, that one girl. Becky." I told her she's still unidentified. My co worker didn't realize this, but said she used to hang out with a group of older kids in high school. One of them (I know his name but won't post it here) had a girlfriend in her early twenties with long red/brown hair she wore in braids. Her name was Becky and she was from out of state. My coworker remembered her for her matching fringe boot and jacket combo. She didn't know the girl very well but knew that she had heard she cheated on her boyfriend once. He was known for his violent temper, and years later was imprisoned for trying to kill his wife. My coworker stated both her and her boyfriend (who also ran around with this group in high school) thought it was Becky after seeing her picture. I asked her why she never went to the police and she said she ran away to Texas when she turned eighteen and didn't hear much more about the story, and she had always assumed she had since been identified. Unfortunately she couldn't remember Becky's last name but said she would think about it. I'm not sure if this helps any but I felt it was too important to ignore. (Sorry if i made any errors...typing on an iPhone is hard!)

Quoting this...wish I knew more about Becky. I have a Classmates account so I might be able to find a photo and last name if a high school name could be found.

Sorry if I sound too critical about the media! I was just frustrated because I had emailed about two dozen different news stations in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and not one of them replied or did the story. I then sent them all a differently worded message weeks later about Buckskin Girl. I know they're not obligated to do the story but it would be a nice thing to do. I'm just so worried that she won't magically pop up on NamUs as a missing person, with a clear and recognizable photo. :(

It's just so sad and I want to see her go home. I want to know more about her life at the time. I want to know exactly why she was not reported missing. And I want to know the circumstances of her disappearance. I swear I'm not crazy lol, I just want to have answers that follow a logical pattern.

I need some coffee. Lol.

Maybe if we wrote it up as a press release, so all they had to do was print it, it could be released through one of the missing advocate organizations? I wouldn't know how to go about it myself, but I know other people on WS have done it for other unidentified and missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734