Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

According to the web link, Hank Williams Jr. did have a concert at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio. But his concert was held on September 12, 1981, about 4 ½ months after BG’s body had been found.

Here is another thought to consider. Perhaps BG could have been a roadie who traveled with or followed her favorite musical group.

JVoCRlF.png

Graphic taken from news clip.

Although the data suggests Jane Doe was traveling most of her last year, she was in the north Texas region twice, staying there for at least two months each time. That leads to the possibility she once lived in that region or had close ties there.

It's possible the first of her stays in that region was much longer than two months. Evidence of that visit was detected in isotopes at the very end of the strands of her hair, at the point where the hair was trimmed off decades ago. It's possible she'd been living in that area for many months, perhaps years, but the evidence was lost in Jane Doe's last haircut.

The new evidence supports an earlier finding by a different laboratory that studied pollen in the victim's clothing. In the buckskin coat, the analysis found pollen that is characteristic of plants in northern Mexico and the southwestern United States. That area includes north Texas.

I want to boost her FB post on Never Forget Me, What town should I target? Fort Worth? Wichita Falls?

Maybe BG was a dancer and traveled with a group?

Secured hair, strong healthy body, no jewelry, a few past injuries, no u.wear, chipped tooth, hand sewn jacket .
Maybe jazz ballet, folk dancing, or cheer leading?

Wonder if she traveled to compete in sports of some kind?
The one thing that did not occur to me before now, is, could BG be a traveling air hostess ?
imo, speculation.

We had discussed something similar about concerts a few pages back. IIRC, U2 had three concerts in OH right around the time BG was found.

The Cowgirl Hall of Fame is in Fort Worth Texas: http://www.cowgirl.net/

Secured hair, strong healthy body, no jewelry, a few past injuries, no u.wear, chipped tooth, hand sewn jacket .
Maybe jazz ballet, folk dancing, or cheer leading?

Wonder if she traveled to compete in sports of some kind?
The one thing that did not occur to me before now, is, could BG be a traveling air hostess ?
imo, speculation.

I was also looking a women's barrel racing and trick riding.

I agree with targeting Dallas/Fort Worth! That's a huge area.

I hope that they exhume soon to do isotope analysis that goes back farther. Fingers crossed!

Probably Dallas-Fort Worth.

Thanks Carbuff

I'm debating making it into a note like for the Allenstown 4yr old. I could put her pics at the top of it. I may not be able to do it, my main computer a mac won't boot. I'd have to resave all of her pics to set it up

Want to add that someone suggested Brenda Crowley on our NFM post. I did a search, am not seeing her mentioned so figured I'd add it here. I'm not seeing it. I'm familiar with Brenda from other UP cases

Want to add that someone suggested Brenda Crowley on our NFM post. I did a search, am not seeing her mentioned so figured I'd add it here. I'm not seeing it. I'm familiar with Brenda from other UP cases

Brenda Crowley was ruled out.

Just coincidence I'm sure, but it appears our girl has the same isotope info as Mount Vernon NY Jane Doe, murdered in 1988. I keep getting terribly confused about which thread I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been reading around, trying to familiarize myself with Abilene (since it's in the center of the blue) and surrounding areas circa 1980-1981. Just hoping to pick up on something that inspires a new thought and/or direction.

What I've found so far.

There was a girl who was murdered in summer 1981 (after BG was already deceased) in that area of Texas named Lorelei Marie Wickers. What interested me is that she ran away to Texas from Saysville, NY around Jan/Feb 1981 with two other females. After that, she gets involved with this shady dude and his wife and winds up dead, but the two females I haven't seen mentioned and it sounds like she may have parted company with them early on. I just thought this was interesting because that could gel with both the time that BG may have returned to Tx area for the second time, and also Saysville, NY may be part of that dry oak mesic forest region thingy. I think the most likely story might be that she ran away with two people who were also first time runaways, but maybe not. I wonder if it would be worth LE trying to see if there is any record of names of who accompanied Ms. Wickers to Texas and whether they are accounted for as either alive or known deceased today.

My other insight came from an article about a woman who was recently inducted into a sports Hall of Fame for being a great basketball player at the HS/college level in Abilene in the late seventies and early eighties. She's pictured in this article from that era. http://www.reporternews.com/sports/...2-86b5-3c02-e053-0100007f7323--377508291.html Just noticed her hairstyle. If BG spent significant time in Abilene or DFW etc., maybe her braids and buckskin jacket, etc. were not so out of step fashion-wise as they might have been in other parts of the country.

How horrible, Irish Eyes. Incredible how cruel people can be...especially 3 people at one time! Do wonder who her other friend was, though? Hopefully she is alive and well somewhere.

Lots of new information so I'm a little behind. I don't have anything great to add but I have a few comments. I am a native Texan. I've lived here most of my life in different areas. I've lived in Wichita Falls, San Angelo and several areas in the hill country. In 1980 I was 7 years old. I have pictures of myself at about that age (give or take a few years) wearing moccasins and a fringed jacket with my hair in braids (weird lol) but when that picture was taken I was at a rodeo with my mom who was wearing braids as well. Just to note that in Texas, that's not a strange outfit for that time. I know several people that still dress that way (older hippies here in the hill country). So to me, her clothing doesn't seem outdated but maybe it was for Ohio. I'm not really sure how that map reads but if I follow the blue lines my first thoughts are rodeos or carnivals. I couldn't comment on other states because I've never lived outside of Texas. Did I read somewhere that she was wearing wrangler jeans? Someone else posted about following musicians.
Has anyone looked into Willie Nelson concerts?
I also think that the biker idea is a good idea too. I've known some bikers my whole life, I don't really remember how they dressed at that time though.
Just some random thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rascal...I also think Wrangler jeans is important. I grew up in that era and most of her clothes would have been worn by us in the northeast (NJ/NY area) except for Wrangler jeans...they were jeans made for "working" and we didn't "work" in the rugged sense LOL...we wore Levis, Lees. Jordache, Calvin Klein, Sassoon, Bonjour, Gitano, Gloria Vanderbilt...etc but I don't believe Wranglers. Of course this is only my experience and does not exclude what other's experiences may have been. But I have always thought Wrangler jeans was indicative of her being from out of the area where Wrangler was more popular. PS I was born in Texas so believe me I mean no disrespect when I said we didn't wear Wrangler's! So, that being said...the link with Texas does look very promising!

Also I believe her jeans were bootcut which would pair nicely with boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734