Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is mentioned in his obit, just no mention if dead or alive.

"J—- married B—- B——- K——They later divorced. From this marriage were two children, D----- and Marcia."

<modsnip>

Why don't you go ask intrusive questions to the grieving sister, maybe she'll vanish from FB too!

Seriously, some people come out in all kind of disgustingness on the Internet just because they can. Hiding behind their nicks and avatars. This family didn't.

This is the obit I had: <modsnip> and there is no mention of Marcia.

Again: we do not know 100% that this is her. We have been fooled before. We just have to wait until LE announcement. It is not fair to Buckskin Girl or Marcia (whether it is the same person or not) to assume like this.

I SO want this match to be real but I can't get out of my mind the fact that the posts were made on April 1st... I've done the genealogy and the family is real and Marcia is real... but I hope this was not an elaborate April fools joke by two siblings. They seemed to really be hurting and in shock by the news and genuine. I can't figure out why two people would pull a prank like this, but the internet is a strange place. I keep going back and forth in my mind. So I'll just sit back and wait for an official source. :waiting:

Apparently the family was contacted last Friday on the 30th.

I applaud those of you taking a conservative, measured approach. I&#8217;m waiting for the LE verdict on this.

Wouldn't it be easier/quicker to try to match her dental records? BG has that porcelain crown, either Marcia had one or she didn't. I suppose she could have gotten it after the time her family last saw her, but if it saves time and money, why not check that out? FWIW, my dentist from the 70s still practices.
Fingerprints might be quicker, too. Would she have been fingerprinted as a child if a parent were in the military? I don't know myself because neither one of my parents served.

Wouldn't it be easier/quicker to try to match her dental records? BG has that porcelain crown, either Marcia had one or she didn't. I suppose she could have gotten it after the time her family last saw her, but if it saves time and money, why not check that out? FWIW, my dentist from the 70s still practices.
Fingerprints might be quicker, too. Would she have been fingerprinted as a child if a parent were in the military? I don't know myself because neither one of my parents served.

They should be able to match her dental records.

Apparently the family was contacted last Friday on the 30th.

I'm aware that was what was posted. It could be true. However, it may take a long time-- months before we get confirmation. Kimberly McLean (Lori Kennedy Ruff) was identified using pretty much the same method the Doe DNA Project is using but once they found her family they had to get direct samples and verify it was her and that took time. They collected DNA from Kimberly's family in March 2016 but it wasn't until Sept 2016 that a MSM article was published and it became official. When they first found her family there was a leak from someone close to the investigation and that info turned out to be correct. But nothing was said in the MSM for so long that we kept right along suggesting matches and rehashing her case for another 6 months. Here's the MSM article on Kimberly (I had to look it up again to get the dates as I forgot how long it took): https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...rplexing-mystery-of-identity-thief-lori-ruff/

...Mean while I wonder how lyle's case is coming along ... would be a good time for DDP to provide an update and shift a little focus :smile:

This is the obit I had: and there is no mention of Marcia.

Obviously it's tricky to know what to say in an obituary when you don't know if your daughter is alive or not. We also don't know what their relationship was like. But she is mentioned in the other obituary. And obituaries will be written differently and of different lengths depending on the site; they will crop them.

Marcia's dad looks exactly like her. Her half siblings have had their facebook pages for years and lead normal lives. DDP was not forthcoming with what they were finding like they did with Lyle and have made the discovery obvious with their language: using vague 'we Cann't say something while an investigation is pending' verbiage. They are liking/loving comments saying 'Oh my god if this is true I'm so excited!' I understand it's good to wait on principle but it feels kind of ridiculous to pretend it's not her at this point. Whatever, I guess there's no point arguing.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that her siblings deserve to be unbothered and mourn her in peace. Hopefully everyone will respect that.

Not a good enough match for the FBI or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think they just want everyone to back off on all their cases at this point lol

Its possible ... in all I would still donate to their cause .. what these ladies are doing is extrodinary they have brought us closer to an ID and thats all anyone could ask for is to give a Doe their rightful name back.

I was just trying to lighten the mood from all the Hoax or Not a hoax debate ..

Not a good enough match for the FBI or whatever.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Dentals, I maybe could understand, but not fingerprints, if available. It's the FBI who are updating their fingerprint database and using that new advanced fingerprint technology to ID people, like Andrea out in CA and recently, the Marine in NYC. I don't see why they wouldn't use that if it's an option, it would be less expensive and time consuming.

Has anyone had any luck with Classmates? I spent literal hours last night trying to find her, and although I found other Marcia K&#8212;&#8212;s, she definitely wasn't any of them. I even found both [home town] schools (I guess there were two now merged to one), and she wasn't in them, even though someone mentioned her in the '78 yearbook. A photograph sure would offer some hope...

Has anyone had any luck with Classmates? I spent literal hours last night trying to find her, and although I found other Marcia K&#8212;&#8212;s, she definitely wasn't any of them. I even found both [home town] schools (I guess there were two now merged to one), and she wasn't in them, even though someone mentioned her in the '78 yearbook. A photograph sure would offer some hope...
No luck here either, I looked through a lot of yearbooks from several [home town] schools, found nothing.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Her half-sister did say it was possible that she went to high school in Kentucky but no more info.

Based on the circumstances of this case and the attention do you think Buckskin's name and story will be officially released or not? I'm not familiar with how it usually goes. Might the process be expedited because of public attention? And if it is released I hope LE gives DNA Doe Project some credit!

Also, why would NCMEC make the process take forever?

I can't say more then I already did. My partner and I are still waiting for one of our MP cases to be closed since June due to DNA

No luck here either, I looked through a lot of yearbooks from several [home town] schools, found nothing.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wait, how did you get a hold of the '78 yearbook from [home town]? I thought that one wasn't available on classmates.com...

edit: sorry, meant to respond to annie970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members