Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info Rajam!

To adeedra: my theory is Marcia's partner had always been abusive, but the abuse had gotten worse. I think he'd already started beating her beforehand but it had gotten worse and led to her death. She had been beaten in the face, strangled, and suffered a lacerated liver. Very aggressive and awful. But definitely not out of the realm of domestic abuse :(

An important thing to remember is that Marcia's family had not seen her for about a year before her death. She could've met someone after she left home that they don't know about, and it's possible the people who do know haven't heard about what happened to Marcia yet. My hopes are that the news about her murder will reach people she knew at/around the time of her death and they'll remember the guy who could've done it...I may be entirely off.

Wonder how the investigation is going into who murdered Marcia?
Unfortunately I think it's going to take a while. I expect the investigators are going to have their work cut out for them, trying to track her movements almost 40 years after the fact. If they have any leads, they don't seem to want to give any details. I would be surprised if anything breaks soon.

I am trying to have faith in Marcia's case. I know her investigators and LE have worked very hard all this time to try and ID her; I don't think they are giving up. I didn't think she was gonna be identified, to be honest. Her identification is giving me tons of hope at getting JUSTICE for her!

I am trying to have faith in Marcia's case. I know her investigators and LE have worked very hard all this time to try and ID her; I don't think they are giving up. I didn't think she was gonna be identified, to be honest. Her identification is giving me tons of hope at getting JUSTICE for her!
I definitely don't think they are going to give up right now. After investing this much time to identify her, it wouldn't make sense to just stop now. But I think it's going to be hard.

I would guess that her family couldn't be much help. Since they didn't even know that she was missing. If this was a fresh case, I'm sure they would ask for the public's help in tracing her movements before she was killed. But that is going to be difficult at this point. They can't exactly take her picture around and ask people if they saw this girl in 1981. It's unlikely that anyone would remember. Also business records that could help track her would have been long since destroyed.

So I'm not sure where investigators can go from here. I hope after they investigate all possible leads, they will make more information public.

Run a check to see if she visited any medical clinics, doctors or hospitals during that time frame. At least that would put her in a place at a given time and date. Surprising how long medical records are kept due to liability.

The family should release more photos if that's the case? Not being nosy, I just feel like it might help if we have a good profile of her, looking at the camera?
Sad to say but some people don't have any pictures. Its not impossible that someone went through 70's with no pictures. Both available pics were made in the same moment, she didnt even moved much, her shirt is folded in exact same way. Maybe there is nothing more?

Unfortunately I think it's going to take a while. I expect the investigators are going to have their work cut out for them, trying to track her movements almost 40 years after the fact. If they have any leads, they don't seem to want to give any details. I would be surprised if anything breaks soon.

They do have a card up their sleeve; to see if there's DNA on her clothes. I'll be shocked if they aren't having DNA Doe Project checking GEDmatch if there was some. They're not gonna put all their cards on the table with how famous her case is now. Back when I started following her she wasn't even on FB till I made her an album. She wasn't even in NCMEC until one member here asked her LE why. When I do albums I include all of their links, Doe network, NamUs, NCMEC, Charley Project and North American missing persons.

The new forum isn't working on my computer. It's telling me it didn't post. Also won't let me delete the duplicate.

Last edited:
Finding Jane Doe's real name: Local DNA sleuth is on the case

Great article on Margaret

Marcia King, aka “Buckskin Girl,” was a case that eluded investigators and was deemed by many as an impossible one to solve. After 37 years the identification of the young woman who was found dead in Miami County, Ohio, was solved in four hours with the help of DNA Doe Project.

During an April press conference announcing the official identification of “Buckskin Girl,” Elizabeth Murray, forensic anthropologist and biology professor with Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati, spoke about the case.

“This is not your run-of-the-mill, DNA solves unidentified person,” Murray said. “This is really some groundbreaking and revolutionary work.”

Finding Jane Doe's real name: Local DNA sleuth is on the case

Great article on Margaret

Marcia King, aka “Buckskin Girl,” was a case that eluded investigators and was deemed by many as an impossible one to solve. After 37 years the identification of the young woman who was found dead in Miami County, Ohio, was solved in four hours with the help of DNA Doe Project.

During an April press conference announcing the official identification of “Buckskin Girl,” Elizabeth Murray, forensic anthropologist and biology professor with Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati, spoke about the case.

“This is not your run-of-the-mill, DNA solves unidentified person,” Murray said. “This is really some groundbreaking and revolutionary work.”

The end of the article, they have their 3rd solve

A third case has been solved, but Press said she couldn’t reveal the name of the “Jane or John Doe” just yet. The case will be announced in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l