GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
great time line..

bbm.. so a mom of three is not reported missing independantly of this other missing report? very hinky.. very interesting

if any investigative reporters exist in this area where I grew up I hope to God they can put on their big girl panties or big boy briefs and get out there and figure these details out already! Come on!

I just read the latest news from the linky C.Hound posted...it said when LE was there Thurs.nite they found Stephanie's truck in the garage -- and "Sprang was included as an unaccounted for person because her vehicle was found at Herrmann’s and because nobody has heard from her either."

So sounds like no one reported Stephanie missing independently of what LE is surmising.

snipped.......

Barber said a vehicle registered to Sprang was found in Herrmann’s garage. This vehicle is also being processed by BCI&I. Barber added that Sprang was included as an unaccounted for person because her vehicle was found at Herrmann’s and because nobody has heard from her either.
http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case

It's strange that there has been no information about Stephanie in any of the media reports.

OOOPS again. LOL - first I did it to Nurse and now to Texas Mist. Sorry...........

“He had permission to enter the house and he did,” Barber said. “He saw blood in a couple of areas of the house, backed off and called the sheriff’s office. We have been out here ever since. There is blood in the house and some signs of an injury.”

Although Barber would not elaborate on exactly what he meant about there being signs of an injury other than the blood, he did say there were no signs of a struggle. He said while the amount of blood was significant it was not spattered.

He said it was impossible to tell if the blood found in the house was from more than one person.

“That’s why we have the BCI&I investigating,” Barber explained. “They will be able to test it and tell. There was some blood that is an unusual amount. But the house did not appear to be ransacked and there were no signs of there being a wild party or anything like that

What Barber could confirm was that the four people are indeed missing.

“What I can tell you now is we know Tina Herrmann is unaccounted for; that is a missing person. Her two children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, and Stephanie Sprang are also unaccounted for.

“Late [Thursday] evening Tina’s Ford F150 pickup truck, which had been in the driveway when deputies were here on Wednesday, was recovered near Kenyon College. It was not on the Kenyon campus. It was outside the village of Gambier. The truck is now being processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification.”

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/12/fbi-bcii-called-in-to-assist-in-missing-persons-case
Am I crazy or are my expectations way too high? possible rhetorical question ;)

It just seems a bit too convenient for Greg to have stayed elsewhere Wednesday night when he admitted that he and Tina were still living under the same roof despite no longer being a couple AND just happened to be playing golf 85 some miles away from the house Thursday. The hinky meter is at an all time high for me.

what about stephanie..?

yeah.. I am harping.. but you know... this all does not make sense and she is a part of it most obiously

It just seems a bit too convenient for Greg to have stayed elsewhere Wednesday night when he admitted that he and Tina were still living under the same roof despite no longer being a couple AND just happened to be playing golf 85 some miles away from the house Thursday. The hinky meter is at an all time high for me.

hound.. he was, imhoo too far away and test pings will prove this (he has already stated in media about staying at least 80 miles away with friends or mom and reveiving texts)

my burning question right now:

(((I am writing ex off momenarily..jmoo))))

who else could do this..

and

WHO IS THE FRIEND AND WHO ARE HER KNOWN ASSOCIATES?

has the friend she was to get an apartment with pissed off a partner/lover/spouse/etc?

I'm curious as to why Borders would say he didn't think anything of Tina being gone/missing, and the children's dad saying he was concerned because Tina wouldn't go away w/o telling him.

Oh - and I wish it was straight as to whether he stayed w/ a friend or his mother Wed. nite...that could probably be more inaccurate reporting but ya never know.

Surely LE has the answers to where Borders was on Wed. nite.

See, I would have found it hinky if they were still a couple and he stayed elsewhere. Earlier reports mentioned they were behind on the mortgage and thought they might lose the house. Makes sense he was staying elsewhere from time to time since they were broken up, but he hadn't moved out yet for financial reasons.

The golf course was near work, so that's not really hinky to me either. There's witnesses that can place him there, and he had no real window of opportunity to do anything. Totally clear to me.

What's hinky is the lack of information on Stephanie. She had a family and children. Why wasn't someone reporting her missing?

It's way too convenient to me. What a coincidence that he was out of town on the same day that all 4 went missing. I think no coincidence at all probably. Family members are always the first to catch suspicion IMO because more often than not they are the ones responsible. For 4 people to go missing somebody had to know their habits well enough to take them. I don't believe for one minute that they just left on their own free will.

hound.. he was, imhoo too far away and test pings will prove this (he has already stated in media about staying at least 80 miles away with friends or mom and reveiving texts)

Yes, the pings will support his alibis; however, the situation in the home occurred Wednesday afternoon after the kids got home or sometime Wednesday evening. We have no idea what time Greg got to his mother's home Wednesday night.

Why, o, why, did the officer not go into the house on Wednesday evening? Someone from Tina's work had reported her missing.....so if you (LE) go to the house and cannot arouse anyone at the door, do you not attempt to enter or call for backup? Anything could have gone wrong in there...the person could be injured or dead. Obviously, since Tina's truck was still in the driveway at that time, the person responsible for this disappearance was still in the house or closeby. By the next day the truck was gone.

Someone had to drive the truck to the location where it was found and either walk away or get someone to pick him up. In a college town, with many students around campus just across the street, why park Tina's truck in this location? Someone could have walked or driven by and noticed something. Would a criminal take that chance....when he could just drive the truck to a secluded spot and walk away or get a ride?

Curious to know if there was blood in the truck....

Yes, the pings will support his alibis; however, the situation in the home occurred Wednesday afternoon after the kids got home or sometime Wednesday evening. We have no idea what time Greg got to his mother's home Wednesday night.

And curious that that is the only time frame Greg hasn't accounted for when he spoke to the media. That I can tell from media reports that have come out so far that is. I wonder what he told LE?

Someone had to drive the truck to the location where it was found and either walk away or get someone to pick him up. In a college town, with many students around campus just across the street, why park Tina's truck in this location? Someone could have walked or driven by and noticed something. Would a criminal take that chance....when he could just drive the truck to a secluded spot and walk away or get a ride?

Curious to know if there was blood in the truck....

Kenyon College is very small, student population of around 1600 students. The truck was parked across the street from the college if I read correctly. If done at night nobody would probably be around. Gambier, OH is a small town of 2000 so I doubt too many people would be out and about late at night. True there would be better spots to abandon a vehicle. I used to live in a small town and after 10pm it was a ghost town practically. JMO

"The truck was discovered at the Brown Family Environmental Center, across the road from campus, but was later removed. The sheriff's office told the school that the vehicle was believed to be connected to a crime scene."

This location is out of town at:
The Brown Family Environmental Center
9781 Laymon Road, Gambier, Ohio

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...0.374222,-82.405779&spn=0.002542,0.00618&z=18

http://www.newser.com/article/d9jel...locked-down-after-abandoned-pickup-found.html

Kenyon's not really a party college - I'm not sure how many students would have been out and about when the truck was ditched. It's a very small, quiet town.

Kenyon College is very small, student population of around 1600 students. The truck was parked across the street from the college if I read correctly. If done at night nobody would probably be around. Gambier, OH is a small town of 2000 so I doubt too many people would be out and about late at night. True there would be better spots to abandon a vehicle. I used to live in a small town and after 10pm it was a ghost town practically. JMO

“Late [Thursday] evening Tina’s Ford F150 pickup truck, which had been in the driveway when deputies were here on Wednesday, was recovered near Kenyon College. It was not on the Kenyon campus. It was outside the village of Gambier. The truck is now being processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification.”

Even more conflicting (and very interesting) information...

"[Greg] said he and Herrmann talked briefly on the phone shortly before 5 a.m. and received a text message from her at 11 a.m. Borders said that was the last time he heard from her." This is the first I've read where they supposedly spoke on the phone or that he received a text from Tina at 11 am.

"Borders said he had no idea Herrmann never made it to her job because he spent the night with a friend. 'So I spent the night there and we went golfing and probably about noon I got a call from my mom asking me if I knew where Tina was,' Borders said." Didn't another report indicate his mother called him around 4 pm and that was the first time he had any indication anything was wrong?

"The couple had been together for six years. Borders said their home was going into foreclosure; they were talking about splitting up, and had been arguing." Now we're hearing they were still together.

"[Gary] said he would never hurt Herrmann or her children. Larry Maynard said he is not so sure. 'The boyfriend, the live-in boyfriend, Greg, I mean I don't believe anything he says,' Maynard said." I think someone's true colors have started to show.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102

Thank you!
I wonder what prompted the co-worker to report Tina missing on Wednesday... yet, Tina's kids were in school on Wednesday... Did Tina not show up for work? I wonder what time Tina was reported missing (on Wednesday)... Oh, and I also wonder if it was the same co-worker who reported her missing on Wednesday and Thursday? So many unanswered questions... I hope and pray they are all found safe and sound!

Apparently, according to the link, Tina was scheduled to work on Wednesday evening. And, yes, it was the same co-worker, the manager, who reported her missing on Wednesday and who went to the house and reported her missing on Thursday.

I, too, wonder why he would call LE when she didn't show up for work. There has got to be a reason his mind went there instead of being annoyed at her or worried that she'd had a family emergency. Even if you're the most reliable worker in the world, I don't think your boss is going to call LE when you're late to work unless your boss has a good reason to think LE would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member