GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nurse, it was me that said Tina told the son of woman's who dogs she is caring for that someone broke in and ransacked her house a few months ago, but she never reported it to police. Another family member works in dispatch in that area and confirmed no reports of this.

After reading about the arson charge for the guy now arrested, makes sense to me, in his arson conviction he apparently broke in, robbed the place then went back the next day with gas and burned the condo down.

I think it's strange he seems confident enought to go back to a scene of the crime the next day. Makes me think it was him that broke in a few months ago and now this, whatever this is. So happy this young girl has been found, can't even imagine how scared she must have been.

The house the young girl was found in is not a very good area at all.
sorry I forgot your hat smug! I remembered EVERYTHING you said when the story broke... esp about Tina taking care of dogs... and considering the dog is missing... it could have been a lure....

I pray for those still missing and all in the community....

just for clarity... the news source said he was led out of the house in a grey hoodie... I just found it strange he was obviously in red ((both OSU colors though!))

I agree it was strange. Maybe it was his driver's license photo.

The local news comes on shortly doesn't it? Can locals post what they hear? TIA!

this case also reminds me of the case of the "cable guy" who gained access in a womans home, assaulted her, waited for her kids to come home after school, killed her children, tried to kill her and set their home on fire.

does anyone else remember that case? i read about it here on websleuths

(mother survived, barely, and he was convicted)

YES....haven't found the case thread yet but YES I wanted to respond to your post because I have thought of that case too in terms if possible similarities to this one. BOTH of these cases are horrendous.

no worries Ms Cazzie, he is being arraigned/bond set tomorrow. ((and more charges likely added))

I agree it was strange. Maybe it was his driver's license photo.

the outlet that reported it didn't even report on the presser until after the fact... most likely they were out "WORD SHOPPING" and inserted an adjective or two that was missing from their initial story ((yeah....can you tell that does not turn me on!!!!!!))

the outlet that reported it didn't even report on the presser until after the fact... most likely they were out "WORD SHOPPING" and inserted an adjective or two that was missing from their initial story ((yeah....can you tell that does not turn me on!!!!!!))

LOL, and I'm in the same camp!

That's today ... maybe they are moving him to another facility (already have)?

ETA
Says he is "in custody" of Knox County Jail.

Offender Search

they got their man and most likely have an idea what is the fate of the rest.... I feel the LE SILENCE WALL going up ((or went up right after the presser))

*insert huge sucking sound*

More than 10 hours have passed since Sarah was rescued and this criminal taken into custody. We still do not have the other 3 victims. Sarah must not know what happened to them or we would know more by now. And the perp isn't talking.

This is nerve racking,

On a side note: I feel so sorry for the parents of this man. He is their child. I know there was signs of problems with him before he got in trouble the first time. Maybe the parents tried their best.
Like the Kyron case, the parents of the stepmother are going through h...

more talk on the facebook site. people are still searching, it would seem, independently of law enforcement.

Thinking that I'd look in the opposite direction from the house (not in direction of campus where truck was found) since he'd want them to be looking far away from where they are.

JMO

This is nerve racking,

On a side note: I feel so sorry for the parents of this man. He is their child. I know there was signs of problems with him before he got in trouble the first time. Maybe the parents tried their best.
Like the Kyron case, the parents of the stepmother are going through h...

Yes, agreed. I have been praying for this criminal's family members. I know they are certainly suffering. Sad that this person they loved has made them victims too.

Here's a good link when looking for news.

I have MH's name typed in but you can change it to whoever you're looking for. Interesting what you can find.

more talk on the facebook site. people are still searching, it would seem, independently of law enforcement.
One FB group is going out tonite. What is the rationale for non-LE searching after dark? Less traffic on the roads...less noise (to listen for cries of help)...night vision scopes (if so, why)...perp might venture out (but these are non-LE searchers)?

One FB group is going out tonite. What is the rationale for non-LE searching after dark? Less traffic on the roads...less noise (to listen for cries of help)...night vision scopes (if so, why)...perp might venture out (but these are non-LE searchers)?

I read that on the FB and thought it strange as well. Why wait til after dark to search???? and he mentions it will be 28F. :waitasec:

Just a question... I am trying to catch up here. Does Tina's ex-boyfriend, who lived with her, have a SOLID alibi? I understand he was out of town... is that typical for him to go out of town, like for a job or something? If not, I wonder if somehow MH knew he'd be gone.

Sorry if I am being redundant.. just trying to understand.

OK, I just watched the 6:30 PM news on WBNS 10. The first seven minutes of the newscast was on the girl and the missing family. WBNS had a lot to report, so here it is.

WBNS reported that Matt Hoffman has criminal convictions for arson and burglary from Colorado. He used 10 gallons of gas to set a condo on fire and endangered the lives of those living in the condo. He served a prison sentence and was ordered to pay a two million dollars restituiton for the condo arson. He only paid five grand so far in the restitution. It is not known if he is on parole from Colorado.

The neighbors living near Hoffman told WBNS that he was a weird, creepy person. One neighbor told WBNS that Hoffman wanted to punch a 8 year old neighborhood kid in the face. Another neighbor told WBNS that Hoffman had a domestic situation with an ex-girlfriend a few weeks earlier. Another neighbor told WBNS that Hoffman frequently went to a park near the neighborhood that used to be an old gravel quarry.

WBNS is reporting that the three other family members still haven't been found yet and LE are still searching for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member