GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was also thinking....if she tx someone....why didnt she just call 911??

maybe she didnt think she could just tx 911.... if she called 911....she would have had to talk to them.....tx would able her to not have to make any sounds.....she also could do this bound if she was able to get the phone in her hands....she may not have been able to hold the phone up to her ear or mouth.....to me it sounds like she was trying to be quite when contacting someone.....if in fact she did contact someone....

That's a very likely possibility. I'm thinking in terms of Sarah having to press keys quickly and secretly, so hitting 911 would be easier that hitting a friend's number and typing "help."

Just hitting send to call the last person you called... or replying to the last text you received would be easier than calling 911. Most teenage girls don't dial their friends phone numbers each time they call, they have them in their phone. Most also have a text message they got earlier from a friend.

Though really, it wouldn't matter who she called, if they answered, or anything... if they were following her pings...or GPS in her phone... they would have known where she was anyway.

Barber said the raid was the result of investigative efforts by detectives of the sheriff’s office. He denied the response was to reports of gunshots at the house or because someone escaped from the house early this morning. He also stated the coroner had not been called in after the raid and that no bodies were found in the residence.

“The residence on Columbus Road is currently being processed by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation,” Barber explained. “It is being considered a crime scene and treated as such.”

Barber told the News that the incident was still being treated as a missing persons case.

“As of right now we have no one we are aware of is deceased,” Barber said.

Barber added the collection of evidence at the Apple Valley residence was completed Saturday evening.

“Tomorrow (Monday) we hope DNA testing can begin,” he said. “We have been assured this will be considered a priority case by the BCI&I.”

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/13/1-found-man-in-custody-search-continues

They'll be testing the blood to see who's blood is in the house; the beer cans for finger prints and DNA...............I think there's going to be a treasure trove of evidence!

I'm still thinking about how Tina's truck was dropped off, and Stephanie's was found in Tina's garage but then later reports said it was located at her home.

Has anyone seen anything verified about Hoffman's vehicle(s) and where it/they were found?

Maybe he had an accomplice or walked with Sarah to his home...but I think someone said the distance was 5-something miles. Too far to walk with a hostage, especially at nite.

Still hoping the University parking lot video will show something important and helpful about the pickup drop. Not having much confidence about that after Rochelle's (NM) case. :(

What a nightmare crime for family and people who live in this area. To think that 4 people, two of whom are adult women, in a home would not be safe is just downright frightful. What is the world coming to? Do you need security guards at your home to be safe anymore. This guy would have to be insane to murder three innocent people to kidnap a young girl. Surely they all saw his face, unless he wore a mask or something, when he entered their home so what would somebody like this think at that stage. Would he think he could get away with murdering 3 people. I sure hope not, but what else could he have done with them. I just can't see him tying them up somewhere and leaving them, but I guess you never know what goes through a person's mind like this.

Sorry for getting a bit OT.

Your post reminded me of an article I read a few days ago - according to Pat Brown, the home *is* the most dangerous place for a woman!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=7784813

"We were hopeful of finding more than one of the missing people" in Hoffman's house, Barber said. "But the information we had was that Sarah would definitely be found in that house."

Source

This makes me wonder who told them ... did he have an accomplice? Or did he tell a friend he had her?

I'm still thinking about how Tina's truck was dropped off, and Stephanie's was found in Tina's garage but then later reports said it was located at her home.

Has anyone seen anything verified about Hoffman's vehicle(s) and where it/they were found?

Maybe he had an accomplice or walked with Sarah to his home...but I think someone said the distance was 5-something miles. Too far to walk with a hostage, especially at nite.

Still hoping the University parking lot video will show something important and helpful about the pickup drop. Not having much confidence about that after Rochelle's (NM) case. :(

IIRC, Stephanie's car was at Tina's on Thursday & found when LE went back after the DQ worker went over there (and I'm guessing it was there Wednesday just not found til Thursday if it was in the garage.)

"We were hopeful of finding more than one of the missing people" in Hoffman's house, Barber said. "But the information we had was that Sarah would definitely be found in that house."

Source

This makes me wonder who told them ... did he have an accomplice? Or did he tell a friend he had her?

I wish I knew the answer to this. I get the feeling Tina and or Stephanie knew their attacker(s). I think there's a lot more to it than we know about right now. If MH is the sole person responsible, I really think the women knew him for some reason.

IIRC, Stephanie's car was at Tina's on Thursday & found when LE went back after the DQ worker went over there (and I'm guessing it was there Wednesday just not found til Thursday if it was in the garage.)
Yes but (LOL), I'm pretty sure I saw a subsequent media report (I know, I know) that Stephanie's Jeep was found at her home. If so, how did she get to Tina's house...did Tina pick her up or another friend drop her off...did Hoffman/possible accomplice move it...did Hoffman/possible accomplice scoop her up from her house? I was glad to know that Stephanie's kids are OK, but do they live with her or their dad, and does another adult live with Stephanie?

ARGHHH.

I sure hope that LE has all this info straight, because I don't think that MSM does (I know, I know).

He could have simply put Sarah in his house first before getting rid of the truck. I also wonder how he got to Tina's house in the first place. Maybe he has a motorbike or something?

I wish I knew the answer to this. I get the feeling Tina and or Stephanie knew their attacker(s). I think there's a lot more to it than we know about right now. If MH is the sole person responsible, I really think the women knew him for some reason.

Maybe from the fast food place she worked?

If he put Sarah in the house first, she won't be able to help LE :(
Do we know if she would have been the first one home that day? If she was alone even for a few minutes, he could have taken her, tied her up at the house and gone back...

Sorry to go back to a previous question, but the local non-LE search is underway or soon to be. The only other reason (other than what I posted upthread) that I can think of to search at nite (other than people busy with jobs and other responsibilities during the day) is that I know that some hunters hunt (illegally) at nite, with headlites and other lites. You know, the "deer in the headlites" thing. That doesn't really make much sense in this case unless someone thinks they might be restrained/confined in the woods or other outdoor locales.

It just seems dangerous to go searching at nite...even in non-rural areas, KWIM?

I don't want to post on the FB page because there are so many friends and family there, and I don't want to clutter up what is a support, official info, and search communication site with my dumb questions. And they've already had far too many rumors and negative speculations and both families have begged to keep it positive and helpful.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...nn-stephanie-sprang-and-two-children/19715876

*Davis said Hoffman did tree trimming work and had built a fire Wednesday night in his backyard, where there was a mound of ashes Sunday with tree parts on it. She said he walked to a nearby park with a lake almost every day and was a "nature person" who collected leaves.*

Im trying to read up......i dont remember what day they all went missing....does this fire have anything to do with the other three missing :(

add: ok...it was wed that they went missing :(

This doesn't sound good at all! In the presser, the sheriff said that Sarah has been with MH since sometime on Wednesday. :frown:

There was a post in thread 1, a profiling post, and it basically said why would someone move the body if the didn't know the people they attacked? Most times when someone goes missing it is because the person responsible doesn't want them to be found. That moving the people/bodies is "personal."

With MH having parents that live so close by, it's really hard for me to believe that after a year, or whatever amount of time he has been out of jail, he hasn't crossed paths with Lisa or Stephani.

It's bright as day that how small and tight knit this community is,... everybody knows everybody (directly, indirectly. casually/intimately.)

Not saying they dated, but I do still have my feelings about the "party scene" found in the house. I think the reason why it threw some off guard is because these women do not seem like the type to party during the week. They seem responsible, hence why the search started so promptly.

MOO, JMO, and the jazz.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...for-lead-as-search-for-4-goes-on.html?sid=101

It is unclear when anyone last saw or heard from Sprang. Her Jeep was found inside the garage at her home on Magers Road, just around the corner from Herrmann’s house.
Herrmann’s pickup truck was found abandoned Thursday on the campus of Kenyon College in Gambier, about 7 miles away.

TY, Noway for clearing that up for me!!

Yes but (LOL), I'm pretty sure I saw a subsequent media report (I know, I know) that Stephanie's Jeep was found at her home. If so, how did she get to Tina's house...did Tina pick her up or another friend drop her off...did Hoffman/possible accomplice move it...did Hoffman/possible accomplice scoop her up from her house? I was glad to know that Stephanie's kids are OK, but do they live with her or their dad, and does another adult live with Stephanie?

ARGHHH.

I sure hope that LE has all this info straight, because I don't think that MSM does (I know, I know).

I just read Noway's post - I totally missed that Stephanie's Jeep was at *her* house....for days I thought it was at Tina's...I thought that's the way it was reported on Thursday - & why it was so confusing about her 'truck' even being at Tina's. ugh.

Or maybe Stephanie, so little has been said about Stephanie. I haven't even read when Stephanie was last seen by anyone. Did anyone else see that anywhere?

LE did not know.

ETA
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...n.html?sid=101

It is unclear when anyone last saw or heard from
Sprang. Her Jeep was found inside the garage at her home on Magers Road, just around the corner from Herrmann’s house.
Herrmann’s pickup truck was found abandoned Thursday on the campus of Kenyon College in Gambier, about 7 miles away.

I watched the WSYX - ABC6 news at dinner today, but unfortunately, it was mostly a rehash of everything we've heard.

The broadcast noted that Hoffman had been violent towards animals and aired an interview with a neighbor. She called him a "weirdo" and mentioned him peeking out of his blinds often. She characterized him as paranoid.

They aired a statement from LE, reiterating it was still a missing persons case. They had hoped to find others at the house, but had mostly expected it to be Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!