GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all -

I haven't seen the case timeline yet, but do we know the DQ shift hours Tina was supposed to work last Wed.? If she texted her ex about the dog at 11:30, she probably wasn't scheduled before then. Kids get home from school around 4, maybe? I wonder what time she had planned to look at apts with Stephanie, and if she made plans to look at apts with Stephanie when she was supposed to be working?

Just trying to figure out what happened and when. This case seems so odd if MH's sole motivation was to get Sarah...seems like those predators abduct their victms when they're alone and unprotected.

Heather

Im looking for live feeds also, I cant find any.

scanner is hopping. One police or deputy seems to be on foot going somewhere that wants him. on foot?

Im glad they have cadaver dogs now, thats sad, but chances are slim they are still alive, unless like the above poster was talking about a hiding place in the ground. I had forgotten that this area has a survival group that gets all crazy sometimes.

No word from the lakes??

I stuck part of a new article about another young girl age 14 missing since last tues. Now I cant find it.

Hey all -

I haven't seen the case timeline yet, but do we know the DQ shift hours Tina was supposed to work last Wed.? If she texted her ex about the dog at 11:30, she probably wasn't scheduled before then. Kids get home from school around 4, maybe? I wonder what time she had planned to look at apts with Stephanie, and if she made plans to look at apts with Stephanie when she was supposed to be working?

Just trying to figure out what happened and when. This case seems so odd if MH's sole motivation was to get Sarah...seems like those predators abduct their victms when they're alone and unprotected.

Heather
i found this timeline - not very detailed

TIMELINE
A timeline of events surrounding the disappearance of four people in Ohio:

Wednesday - Tina Herrmann is reported missing when she doesn't show up for work at a Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon, about 40 miles north of Columbus. Her children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody, 10, are last seen at school. A sheriff's deputy goes to the house and sees the lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway.

Thursday - Authorities find blood inside Herrmann's home. A friend of the woman, Stephanie Sprang, also is missing. Herrmann's pickup truck is found that night close to the nearby Kenyon College campus, leading to a lockdown at the school.

Friday - A man who recently ended a relationship with Herrmann but still lives in the same house says he last heard from her early Wednesday. Greg Borders says police were at the house and found a mess inside when he returned Thursday afternoon.
snipped
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/15/26/knox-co-girl-found-alive-bound-no-word-3-others-ar-291229/

Hey all -

Heather

I can't look for links right now, but from what I've read she worked nights and the ex bf frequently watched the kids for her. Tina and Stephanie were supposed to go apt hunting, I imagine because she was still living with the ex and things were tense (he was quoted as saying, "as civil as things can be when youre living in the same house still" or similiar). Also he didn't come back that night, spent the night with a friend, not sure if that was planned or not, Tina did text him about 1130 to say she had fed or walked the dog.

And I thought I read at the very beginning that Tina had called in to tell work that she wasn't coming, but then I read that here work called in for a welfare check that evening, so there is quite a bit of conflicting information.

Hey all -

Heather

the beer cans lead me to believe this guy didn't have much of plan and likely wasn't a predator with a history. my guess - he became obsessed w/ someone in that household from afar. started drinking, broke in or one of the kids let him in the house, he had a gun, and was probably extremely erratic, unorganized. sounds like a sociopath or other mental illness was a factor and combined w/ alcohol it all went very badly. i don't the the alcohol can be underestimated as a big factor in how everything went down. horrible.

Thanks for the timeline details. Do we know if Tina and Stephanie did go apt hunting? Could they have been out when the kids arrived home from school, and have returned to Tina's together to find MH inside the home with the kids?

Also, I think I read somewhere that Stephanie's father heard after she went missing that she feared she was being followed. Has anyone else read that? Think there's any truth to it?

Heather

Authorities searching for three missing people in Knox County are closing a road after searchers found duct-taped trash bags and a tarp.
Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and a family friend, Stephanie Sprang, 42, have been missing since Wednesday. Herrmann's 13-year-old daughter, Sarah Maynard, was found alive but bound and gagged in the basement of an area man Sunday. That man, Matthew J. Hoffman, is charged with kidnapping and will appear in court today.
The bags are on the side of Lower Gambier Road near Rt. 229, about a half mile from where Tina Herrmann's car was found abandoned on Thursday. The silver-and-black tarp is about 20 feet off the road near the edge of a woods.
Agents with the Ohio Bureau of Identification and Investigation are on the way to check out the bags, a Franklin County deputy said.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/hope-fading.html?sid=101

Thanks for the timeline details. Do we know if Tina and Stephanie did go apt hunting? Could they have been out when the kids arrived home from school, and have returned to Tina's together to find MH inside the home with the kids?

Also, I think I read somewhere that Stephanie's father heard after she went missing that she feared she was being followed. Has anyone else read that? Think there's any truth to it?

Heather

I haven't read anything about the details surrounding wed, other than what we know. I think Sarah probably has given a statement and LE now knows the sequence of events. I doubt they will release that information.

I haven't read anything about the details surrounding wed, other than what we know. I think Sarah probably has given a statement and LE now knows the sequence of events. I doubt they will release that information.

I don't think they will - we probably will get those details once it goes to trial. Not while the investigation is still active.

Authorities searching for three missing people in Knox County are closing a road after searchers found duct-taped trash bags and a tarp.
Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and a family friend, Stephanie Sprang, 42, have been missing since Wednesday. Herrmann's 13-year-old daughter, Sarah Maynard, was found alive but bound and gagged in the basement of an area man Sunday. That man, Matthew J. Hoffman, is charged with kidnapping and will appear in court today.
The bags are on the side of Lower Gambier Road near Rt. 229, about a half mile from where Tina Herrmann's car was found abandoned on Thursday. The silver-and-black tarp is about 20 feet off the road near the edge of a woods.
Agents with the Ohio Bureau of Identification and Investigation are on the way to check out the bags, a Franklin County deputy said.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/hope-fading.html?sid=101

from this story, reported LE are searching this trail

http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/map.pdf

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...579,-82.410958&spn=0.005877,0.015664&t=h&z=17

does anyone know if kokosing gap trial is the bike path in question? one poster on facebook says it dumps out right near MH's house fwiwi

I think Sarah must have given them information and this may be what is giving them a direction to go in -

oopsie... didn't notice this part of the link:

They are searching the Kokosing Gap Trail, a 14-mile paved recreational trail that runs between Mount Vernon and Danville. A section of the trail ends near where Tina Herrmann's truck was found abandoned on Thursday.

((aside... my family is from Danville))

I think Sarah must have given them information and this may be what is giving them a direction to go in -

Hard to say, it was also reported that the suspect was talking to LE

I have only been following this case for a couple of days and apologize if this has been covered. There are just way too many posts to read.

Has there been speculation about the possibility of TH and MH having had a secret sexual relationship, either former or current?

Also wondering about the frequent fires set by MH in his backyard. Where I live (Canada), it's illegal to have any fires in a residential area ... even for leaves. Does anyone know if it's legal to have them where MH lived?

TIA

Read on the FB site they have K9 searchers there (on the way I think), maybe was already mentioned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member