GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoffman's mother said that her son has always been extremely smart but often had difficulty connecting with others, including his older siblings. She said she had no knowledge of the case, nor any information about her son's relationship with Maynard or the three missing people, Barry reported.Hoffman was known to frequent a Mount Vernon gym, and employees there said nothing about him seemed out of the ordinary.

"He usually stuck to himself and he was very quiet," said employee Carla Black. "But for the most part he was a really nice guy."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...ry-mount-vernon-search-day-seven.html?sid=102

I just had a thought....
With that area being so wooded, parks, close to Mohican area... what about all those personal cameras hunters have out in those woods watching and keeping a close eye on what activity there is and just what the deer (or anyone or anything) are doing in the area before and during hunting season. I was amazed to find out how many personal cameras are in the woods clicking away and what they do.
I came across one in Ohio, not positive what area or whose it is, but there is a live view and hundreds of pictures the camera automatically takes with any movement. So if you know of any hunters or anyone with a camera set up ask them to please go through their pictures!

I think this is the first time we've heard of multiple tarps, correct? IIRC, they were saying the receipt showed a Wal-Mart purchase of just one tarp.

More local Cleveland news:

Jessica Shirley, 35, got to know Hoffman and his former girlfriend over the last year when they would visit her friend, who lived next to the couple. She said he was smart and controlling. "He was kind of like the intellectual," she said. "Kind of crazy."'

He wouldn't let his former girlfriend smoke or allow her son to eat junk food, Shirley said. He also made a woman who lived with him until recently join a gym, she said.

The two worked out together, she said. "That was the only normal activity I know that he did," Shirley said. Dawna Davis, 35, who lives next door to Hoffman, said Hoffman would sit in a tree and listen to them talk.
"He was just different. He was very different," she said. Still, she'd give him food once in a while.

He gets weirder the more I look at him.

He sounds like a health nut who took his health philosophy very seriously. Trying to impose his regime on others around him reveals his preference for controlling and directing his environment. He is obviously an introvert and, like many introverts, probably gets exhausted by environments he cannot control. (I am an introvert, so I don't mean to disparage all introverts here.:)

At first, given the FB page of his "friend", I thought he might be just a hippie. But there is nothing hippie about this man. He is a control freak-- right now, he is controlling the investigation in his own mind, telling himself that all is unfolding according to his plot.

His public defender, Bruce Malek, said Hoffman worked sometimes as a tree trimmer, but was currently unemployed. The county sheriff said Hoffman was under suicide watch.
Last month, Hoffman worked for a landscaping and tree trimming business just outside Mount Vernon, but he was let him go after less than three weeks, partly because he made a supervisor feel uneasy, the company's office manager said.
"He (Hoffman) just struck him as really odd; just too strange. He would just stare into space," Sandy Burd, office manager of Fast Eddy's, told The Columbus Dispatch. Burd told the newspaper the boss also found that Hoffman had exaggerated about his tree trimming experience.
A message seeking further comment was left for Burd Wednesday morning.
Neighbors and acquaintances never knew what to make of Hoffman. They say he was controlling, peculiar and smart in a scary way.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/11/16/national/a004555S35.DTL#ixzz15YJuaQCq

Good morning, sleuths. I have some questions and a request.

Could someone please post the link to the video of yesterday's press conference?

Has it ever been clarified if the garbage bags found with the tarp, shirt, and sandwich were empty or had anything in them? I don't recall Sheriff Barber elaborating on this and was surprised that no reporter asked him.

Does anyone know how long Tina and Stephanie have been friends and how they had met?

TIA

Could someone please post the link to the video of yesterday's press conference?

Has it ever been clarified if the garbage bags found with the tarp, shirt, and sandwich were empty or had anything in them? I don't recall Sheriff Barber elaborating on this and was surprised that no reporter asked him.

Does anyone know how long Tina and Stephanie have been friends and how they had met?

TIA

I don't think the garbage bags were found with the tarp, shirt, and sandwich. They were all listed on a receipt from WalMart. Let me reword it: the tarp and bags may have been found together but the shirt and/or sandwich haven't been mentioned (IIRC) in the searches, just on the receipt.

TIA

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html

Scroll down the left menu till you see Knox Co News Conference - click that video.

The tarp and garbage bags were found yesterday. The Sheriff didn't disclose the contents. He just said they were significant to the investigation.

The tarp, garbage bags, tshirt and sandwich are what were on the Walmart receipt. He wouldn't say the date of the receipt.

Not sure how long Tina and Steph have been friends.

It is always been my understanding that Greg Boarders is the one that filed the missing persons report.
Possibly he was also contacted by someone at Tina’s work place, at the same time the check on her was requested. But the BF worked some 80 miles away and often stayed with a friend. And Stephanie’s father said in an interview that Stephanie and Tina had been friends for years. And were planning on moving into an appt. together.

However the media has managed to twist this thing into knots on a regular basis.

Has anyone heard anything on the search this morning? Chopper?

It is always been my understanding that Greg Boarders is the one that filed the missing persons report.
Possibly he was also contacted by someone at Tina’s work place, at the same time the check on her was requested. But the BF worked some 80 miles away and often stayed with a friend. And Stephanie’s father said in an interview that Stephanie and Tina had been friends for years. And were planning on moving into an appt. together.

However the media has managed to twist this thing into knots on a regular basis.

Has anyone heard anything on the search this morning? Chopper?

FB chatter says a park at the end of Gambier Road.

"He wouldn't let his former girlfriend smoke or allow her son to eat junk food, Shirley said. He also made a woman who lived with him until recently join a gym, she said."

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20101117/NEWS01/11170306

same person? or was there another roommate?

Oddly enough, someone that works at the gym he worked out at was interviewed and said he was quiet and kept to himself, didn't mention a gf working out with him. :waitasec:

2zhefyf.jpg

screen cap of the tarp that was found yesterday.

It sounds like he likely had lots of trash bags in his home, possibly vehicles, etc.

From what I had read, he would stuff walls with trash bags full of leaves for insulation. It would stand to reason that they would find significant numbers of trash bags in his home.

They likely collected the leaves from the site at Foundation Park to compare them to leaves found in his home and possibly leaves found in bags that were dumped along Old Gambier.

They are also likely comparing the trash bags found in the home to trash bags found along Old Gambier Road to determine whether or not they came from the same roll and can be tied directly to Hoffman.

Insulation for what I wonder??? Cold -- or NOISE/SOUND???

Insulation for what I wonder??? Cold -- or NOISE/SOUND???

If I had to venture a guess, I would say weather. If it is an old house (I couldn't really tell from the photos), it is possible that a lot of air and weather came through the walls.

According to reports - he didn't have electricity and was using it as insulation.

(BTW - Nice avy Sailor :dance:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member