GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FaceBook now reporting that Stephanie was wearing:
Purple and Grey EK hoodie, Purple and black ball cap, Black pants, white tennis shoes.

I'm very curious who would know that and how. Where did this person see Stephanie wearing these clothes and when?

I read Kody was in 5th grade. If so, he would've come home at a later time.

Finding Tina, Stephaine and kody is more important than worrying about a future trial.

Though I won't argue that this is extremely important, we also don't want this nutjob to get off on a technicality or due to something ruining the case due to too much information being released. They are doing the best they can.

Though I won't argue that this is extremely important, we also don't want this nutjob to get off on a technicality or due to something ruining the case due to too much information being released. They are doing the best they can.

East Knox's middle school is 5th through 8th.

And I agree with you about technicalities. Emotions are sure running high though.

I wish someone in the media would have thought to ask if the dog barked either time the deputy was at the house.

Interesting he stated the first check was between 6-8pm.....seems like they would have a more exact time on that.....probably doesn't matter though I guess. Apparently, Tina was due at work sometime before 6pm.

also true that dispatcher would have the time right now to the second.

I will see if I can go back on scanner archives.

M.S. and H.S. Class Hours 7:35—2:20

Kody and Sarah would have gone to the Middle School. The schools aren't far away, so it depends on the bus route (on their arrival time).

http://www.ekschools.com/20571082481029680/lib/20571082481029680/_files/August_2010.pdf

It would probably be safe to say that the two children would get off the bus sometime between 2:45 and 3:30.

The sheriff deputy made the first wellness check sometime between 6:00pm and 8:00pm - lights on in the house, Tina's truck in the driveway, and no response.

Without a little more precise time for the first wellness check, we've still got a time frame of 3 to 5 hours for whatever happened in that house to have happened.

Since Sarah evidently didn't see Stephanie on Wednesday (last time she saw Stephanie was on Tuesday), we can assume that Stephanie wasn't at the house when the children arrived home from school. OR, that something had already happened to Stephanie and she was not seen by either of the two children when they arrived home.

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - Search crews found more possible clues Wednesday in the case of three missing people from Knox County.

According to Lisa Kelley, a volunteer from Columbus who is assisting with the search, her team recovered a tennis shoe, burnt hair clip, white sheet and a purple sweatshirt near a creek. Kelley said investigators took the items away to be processed.

The creek is not far from 30-year-old Matthew Hoffman’s home.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...d-new-items-near-suspects-home-in-knox-county

I agree, and I appreciate Sheriff Barber acknowledging that this is a huge case and he appreciates all the help from surrounding counties and other law enforcement agencies.

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - Search crews found more possible clues Wednesday in the case of three missing people from Knox County.

According to Lisa Kelley, a volunteer from Columbus who is assisting with the search, her team recovered a tennis shoe, burnt hair clip, white sheet and a purple sweatshirt near a creek. Kelley said investigators took the items away to be processed.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...d-new-items-near-suspects-home-in-knox-county

Oh no! That matches descriptions.

A purple sweatshirt doesn't sound good as it matches the clothing description. A white sheet is a strange item. If these things were all found together it would seem very odd indeed. They didn't say what creek though. hmm

What about this scenario? Stephanie meets a nice guy whose parents live in the neighborhood and who needs to rent out a large part of his house? This guy is also looking for a job, so he could use the rent? It is a temporary fix until they can settle on an apt. or even buy their own home...

He tells Stephanie that he will swing them by the house for a view. They can even bring the puppy? Oh, his name is Matthew Hoffman and he thinks they went to school together way back when...

Oh my. Stephanie was last seen wearing a purple and gray hoodie. Correct?

It would probably be safe to say that the two children would get off the bus sometime between 2:45 and 3:30.

The sheriff deputy made the first wellness check sometime between 6:00pm and 8:00pm - lights on in the house, Tina's truck in the driveway, and no response.

Without a little more precise time for the first wellness check, we've still got a time frame of 3 to 5 hours for whatever happened in that house to have happened.

Since Sarah evidently didn't see Stephanie on Wednesday (last time she saw Stephanie was on Tuesday), we can assume that Stephanie wasn't at the house when the children arrived home from school. OR, that something had already happened to Stephanie and she was not seen by either of the two children when they arrived home.

(BBM)

Sorry, but I got into this forum late in the game. How do we know when Sarah saw Stephanie last? Since I've been on the scene, the Sheriff wouldn't divulge anything Sarah has told LE since her rescue.

So, if this is the case, then we can assume that either Stephanie was not at the house on Wednesday morning when Sarah left for school, or if Stephanie was living there (as some have claimed), she (Steph) was still asleep in the early morning.

Ex-BF, who left the house at 3:40 a.m. Wednesday, should be able to answer whether or not Stephanie was living or staying there early last week. I wonder if anyone asked him.

(So many questions, so few answers.)

adding to link above;;;

The sheriff released these descriptions of what the missing people were last seen wearing:
Tina: White ballcap, tan hoodie, dark-colored sweatpants, tennis shoes
Cody: Black shoes, jeans, gray T-shirt, blue zippered hoodie
Stephanie: No information yet

I'm very curious who would know that and how. Where did this person see Stephanie wearing these clothes and when?
This was posted upthread.....MAYBE there's some truth to it??? Hoping the poster will verify where that info came from.
Tina was at the beauty parlor that morning, so the owner says. Maybe some film from thereabouts.

(BBM)

Sorry, but I got into this forum late in the game. How do we know when Sarah saw Stephanie last? Since I've been on the scene, the Sheriff wouldn't divulge anything Sarah has told LE since her rescue.

(respectfully snipped)

IIRC, it was at one of the earlier PCs. He said that Sarah had last seen Stephanie on Tuesday, and last seen her mother and brother on Wednesday. It was the PC that had really bad sound and was difficult to hear.

This is what leads me to speculate that Stephanie was abducted/attacked first.

If this is not appropriate or has been talked about, my apologies in advance.

I thought I read ONCE very briefly, and then haven't heard anything else- that Stephanie has 3 kids. Is this true? Where are they in all of this? And if the local chatter on fb is correct that Stephanie was living with Tina, were her kids as well? I'm just so confused on my things. The truck, the living situation, etc.

What bothers me about the Wellness check is what was the purpose of it if they are just going to ring the bell and leave if no one answers? If I haven't heard from my grandmother in another state and am concerned and call and ask for a wellness check I would hope they do more than just ring the bell, note that the lights are on and the car is there and no one is answering, not only in the evening but also at 11pm. Because I would hope that would be even more alarming to them than if the house was dark/and or the car was gone. That is when I want them looking through all the windows and doing whatever they need to to gain access and check on her.

Did he do anything more? Look in the windows? I am not blaming them, hindsight is 20/20, but I just don't understand what a "Wellness Check" is if they don't or can't do anything to actually determine if the person is okay. Grandma could be on the floor in an with a broken hip-- how many times/days do they have to come to the house and see lights on and car in the driveway before they decide that maybe she isn't okay?

adding to link above;;;

The sheriff released these descriptions of what the missing people were last seen wearing:
Tina: White ballcap, tan hoodie, dark-colored sweatpants, tennis shoes
Cody: Black shoes, jeans, gray T-shirt, blue zippered hoodie
Stephanie: No information yet

It is good to point out that according to officials they have no description of what Stephanie was waring and the "purple" comes from FB and not confirmed by anyone in LE.
As for her living with Tina I have to agree Tina's BF would obviously know that and would have informed LE from day one if it was true-

O/T how did you fare during the storm Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985