GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hoffman was allowed to move to Ohio in 2007 after being released on parole, which ended about a month ago. He had paid about $4,800 toward $2.06 million in restitution, Colorado court system spokesman Jon Sarche said.

Hoffman's mother and stepfather own a home about a mile from where Sarah and her mother lived in a split-level house surrounded by a big yard, trees and two country roads. Hoffman last lived at his mother's home two years ago, said a woman who answered the door Monday and identified herself as his mother."

I've done just a little preliminary checking of some records. Matthew J. Hoffman has a mother, step-father, and a sister who's 5 years older than him, all living in Howard, Ohio.

What was he doing in Colorado?

This Mount Vernon website has alot of info that I have not seen discussed here.

OMG, look at this:

Has it been determined... if his ex-gf moved with him ...from CO to OH... when he was parolled?

I also wonder if he moved in with his mom upon returning to OH - on parole - that could be a reason for a judge to let him go all the way back to OH...(if mom and dad guaranteed his housing...to help show he's "on the right path"...and has "support"...)

I also wonder how long Tina lived in her house...has it been more than 2 years? What about Stephanie-how long did she live in her house? IIRC, she lived fairly close to Tina, "within walking distance"..

(I waiver between who I believe was his initial target: Stephanie or Sara...)

So, the last time Sarah may have seen Stephanie was Thursday????

IIRC - this stemmed from one of the pressers. Sheriff said the last time Sarah saw her Mother and brother was on Wednesday, and the last time she saw Stephanie was on Tuesday. She did not see Stephanie on Wednesday.

Shoddy reporting I think with the Thursday quote.

Most inmates are not in a cell 24/7, usually leave their cell for chow starting at 5 a.m. and generally lock on weekdays is ten p.m. and later on weekends, so out in dayroom or pop most of day and evening. They have to be observant, as they can take an attack at any time, and also watch the Guard/officers like hawks.

Okay, I remember now. DD was the one in an early video who claimed to have seen a body bag removed from MH's house when he was arrested. That was quickly denied by LE, but not before it spread like wildfire all over the media. She was still anonymous in that video, but was identified as DD shortly after.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov...nside-mount-vernon-home-1-taken-cu-ar-290645/

Donna strikes me as a woman who likes to talk. I'm still not sure what to make of her...

Has it been determined... if his ex-gf moved with him ...from CO to OH... when he was parolled?

I also wonder if he moved in with his mom upon returning to OH - on parole - that could be a reason for a judge to let him go all the way back to OH...(if mom and dad guaranteed his housing...to help show he's "on the right path"...and has "support"...)

I also wonder how long Tina lived in her house...has it been more than 2 years? What about Stephanie-how long did she live in her house? IIRC, she lived fairly close to Tina, "within walking distance"..

(I waiver between who I believe was his initial target: Stephanie or Sara...)

He met his ex-girlfriend through a neighbor after he moved into the house where Sarah was found.

Me either.

What would make a person who is locked in a cell 24/7 so astute at being observant?

I don't know any ex-cons, either, but I watch TV and read. ;) Someone in prison for the crimes MH committed wouldn't be locked in a cell 24/7; he would probably be sharing a cell and have plenty of time with the rest of the prison population. It's a dangerous place and if you have even a tiny brain, you watch your back at all times. Someone as young and "not bad looking" as MH would be a prime target for Bubba, KWIM?

JMO

“I had asked him if he’d ever been locked up because he was so observant like people from prison are,” Donna said.

What in the hello does this mean??

She may have meant that people in prison are often always watching their back and others because they can't trust others. They have a lot of time on their hands so they may watch each other closer than people who are busy in the outside world.

JMO from prison movies.

To transfer his Parole from Colorado to Ohio, first it had to be approved from his Parole officer here, then it had to be approved through the County in Which he was moving, then The parole officer in his area had to examine the home and people he would be living with.... its called the "interstate compact" and it is very stringent, so I am guessing it was under the supervision of his parents. I think perhaps they came from money, cause this is not easily approved.

Didn't LE release a picture today of MH's CAR?

In this quote, they are asking if anyone seen his TRUCK. Did MH himself own the silver truck, reportedly seen by the neighbours in front of his house, and if so, is it a Toyota pickup?

The Sheriff specifically requests information from the public, if anyone seen the missing or the suspect at a restaurant. I wonder if they have video???

“Another thing we are looking for is any information people might have of any of the three vehicles involved in the investigation,” Barber said. “The F-150 pickup truck recovered near Kenyon College, the Toyota pickup belonging to Matthew Hoffman and the silver Jeep recovered at the scene owned by Stephanie Sprang.

We want people to think back to last Wednesday and Thursday.

Did they see one of these vehicles, maybe parked along the road or at a restaurant. If they did they should let us know at the sheriff’s office.”

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/16/significant-evidence-found-in-missing-persons-search

DD's sob story (making it all about her) about calling out to her own daughter, Sarah, to come inside every day and how that might have given our Sarah false hope for rescue (being right next door) is giving me a hinky feeling. But maybe she's just a media-ho or drama queen. I hope so, even if that's not good.

SIGH.

I am so sad and sickened that this "alleged" kidnapper scumbucket has lawyered up. As so often the case, now his rights outweigh the victims. So much for the scales of justice. I think that maybe if the ex-girlfriend was allowed to visit the scum, perhaps he would tell her what he has done. Of course the perp would be behind glass, but perhaps he would be willing to talk, if he got the chance to see her again. Otherwise, I am on the he gets whatever it takes to make him talk, or provide swift, painful closure.

Praying for young Sarah, and the strength to move on. Praying for her family, as well...to help her transition from this nightmare.

That is odd too, he did not shop, he was eating squirrels. But he bought a sandwich and might of been seen at restaurant, sudden jump in appetite.....Odd

If he did not have a gas stove, Ugh, he may have been cooking the squirrels outside three days a week, he had no refrigeration, he had no way to cook then either, no electricity... Oh this is just not okay on so many levels. Otherwise how did he eat them, raw?

DD's sob story (making it all about her) about calling out to her own daughter, Sarah, to come inside every day and how that might have given our Sarah false hope for rescue (being right next door) is giving me a hinky feeling. But maybe she's just a media-ho or drama queen. I hope so, even if that's not good.

SIGH.

Those were my thoughts, exactly! I try not to get outlandish with my speculation, but every so often, someone just stands out. I almost want to go back and see if she was doing interviews before they even showed up next door, but I'm sure we would have picked up on that by now!

I've read Tuesday (other sources), day before Tina, Kody and Sarah went missing (still troublesome).

Getting extremely tired of the media (online and off)....

Honestly, when I heard it on the presser, I thought he said Thursday, too. Then everyone was reporting it as Tuesday so I assumed that I had misheard it.

I am so sad and sickened that this "alleged" kidnapper scumbucket has lawyered up. As so often the case, now his rights outweigh the victims. So much for the scales of justice. I think that maybe if the ex-girlfriend was allowed to visit the scum, perhaps he would tell her what he has done. Of course the perp would be behind glass, but perhaps he would be willing to talk, if he got the chance to see her again. Otherwise, I am on the he gets whatever it takes to make him talk, or provide swift, painful closure.

Praying for young Sarah, and the strength to move on. Praying for her family, as well...to help her transition from this nightmare.

It always happens. Lawyering up is inevitable. Like I said earlier - I would hope that his attorney is strongly advising his client to tell all to avoid the DP.

In this quote, they are asking if anyone seen his TRUCK. Did MH himself own the silver truck, reportedly seen by the neighbours in front of his house, and if so, is it a Toyota pickup?

The Sheriff specifically requests information from the public, if anyone seen the missing or the suspect at a restaurant. I wonder if they have video???

I guess I am lost as usual. I didn't even know he had a truck. I thought he had the small silver car shown in the photo. :waitasec:

The following quote from MH's ex-GF really bugs me:

“He choked her,” Davis said. “And she warned us to keep our kids away from him.”

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/16/neighbors-hoffman-eccentric-troubled

WTH? And she had her 8-yr-old son in that home with him? Surely there were warning signs before he choked her. Reminds me of Zahra, Kyle Horman, etc... parents bringing adults into their children's lives when there are obvious warning signs. Maybe I'm wrong about MH's prior behavior around the GF/son, but given his past (and present), it's hard to believe there wasn't something that set off a hinky meter along the way.

I read that too and wondered. I think sheriff either misspoke (having just said 'Ford pickup') or perhaps didn't know that a Toyota Yaris (MH's vehicle) is a compact not a PU.

“I had asked him if he’d ever been locked up because he was so observant like people from prison are,” Donna said.

What in the hello does this mean??

errrrrrrr - quoting myself.

My thinking was how does a question like this come up in a conversation in the first place? It's not a question that would pop up normally in a casual convo, imo. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member