GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocus, I totally agree, why not your so observant, you must be a dad. Or your so observant, you a cop.... I don't think she is being honest with that. I worked with inmates for 15 years and that is not how I pick them out in a crowd. Tattoo's or how they sit when they eat, yes? But just on being observant....NO

I've done just a little preliminary checking of some records. Matthew J. Hoffman has a mother, step-father, and a sister who's 5 years older than him, all living in Howard, Ohio.

What was he doing in Colorado?
Working as a plumber, and probably enjoying the outdoorsy lifestyle there. Skiing in the winter, camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking in the summer. Staying in good shape, and lots of room to be alone. Check out the northwest corner of the state. Rich in history back to dinosaurs and John Wesley Powell, and we camped this year 55 miles from a gas station in Maybell.

JMO

errrrrrrr - quoting myself.

My thinking was how does a question like this come up in a conversation in the first place? It's not a question that would pop up normally in a casual convo, imo. KWIM?

I think it came up because she was talking to him about his past when he mentioned that he had gotten in trouble in CO for buglary. But then again he isn't exactly the normal, everyday run of the mill guy.

"She said Hoffman told her he had served five years for a “robbery gone bad” in Colorado."

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/16/neighbors-hoffman-eccentric-troubled

That is odd too, he did not shop, he was eating squirrels. But he bought a sandwich and might of been seen at restaurant, sudden jump in appetite.....Odd

Maybe he acquired money from when he was at Tina Hermann's house that Wednesday.

We haven't heard anything about Tina's or Stephanie's handbag/purse. Whether they were left behind or are missing...........

I guess I am lost as usual. I didn't even know he had a truck. I thought he had the small silver car shown in the photo. :waitasec:

I thought it had been mentioned in previous news articles and quotes from the Sheriff that the "supposed" silver truck that was "supposedly seen" in mh's backyard, was not verified. I have not read anywhere that there is another vehicle associated with mh. Has anyone else seen another vehicle besides the dented 2008 Toyota Yaris?

Me either.

What would make a person who is locked in a cell 24/7 so astute at being observant?

I don't know any one from prison. but the one I knew was in prison always looking down or parnoid.

The action that we been getting from this guy is a stalker.

If soem guy was hanging in tree when my family was out side I be calling and complaining....:furious:

Okay, I am reaching just a tad. But any chance that the BF that was out on Tues night and Wed night might have been with M.H.'s girlfriend that left him. That would make him go off deep end, and could be the link.....Kind of like he will pay for this.... Just a thought as I grasp at straws

I've read Tuesday (other sources), day before Tina, Kody and Sarah went missing (still troublesome).

Getting extremely tired of the media (online and off)....
Yes, he said Tuesday at the press conference.

That is odd too, he did not shop, he was eating squirrels. But he bought a sandwich and might of been seen at restaurant, sudden jump in appetite.....Odd

Ya see, this is where I get skeptical. This guy has been described over and over as a loner. How would this neighbour know for sure that MH didn't shop? I've lived in this house for 25 years, know most of my neighbours, and have only run into two at the local supermarket in all these years ... and I'm there almost every day. For all I know, the rest of them are starving. I also have no idea what they're serving for dinner every night. Are the neighbours assuming he ate squirrels because he trapped them? I've trapped mice in my garage, but have yet to eat a single one. :sick:

I'll give 'em that the guy was weird. As for the rest of it, where's my bucket of salt?

JMO

The following quote from MH's ex-GF really bugs me:

WTH? And she had her 8-yr-old son in that home with him? Surely there were warning signs before he choked her. Reminds me of Zahra, Kyle Horman, etc... parents bringing adults into their children's lives when there are obvious warning signs. Maybe I'm wrong about MH's prior behavior around the GF/son, but given his past (and present), it's hard to believe there wasn't something that set off a hinky meter along the way.

somewhere it was report he want to beat up a 8 years old boy. shoot now I wondering if Kody wasn't the target.

I wonder if the young Sarah is a diversion....I wonder if he was really after her brother......grown men do not usually have sleep overs with young boys or jump on trampolines etc.....go swimming at the quarry?....make popcorn?..etc etc..is it coincidental that his past gf had a son of a certain age?

Is MH really a pervert that goes after boys?.......just wondering....

also,I can't believe the stupidity of some....who lets their sons hang out with strange older men with a dubious background, apparently no job, etc...

of course I am probably wrong.....but these "sleepovers" just send off alarms....

i seriously feel our alleged perp saw sarah at some point in time when he was at mom' house. Than there is the domestic violence episode and GF moved out. I think that occurrence got him going on an idea to grab a young girl. He had to kill the other fanily members to lessen his risk of being caught. Someone can keep a bound and gagged kid in a basement for a long time. I don't think there are any accomplises. This guy has an antisocial personality disorder......he would not want a partner in crime. He's the lone wolf type. Personally I feel the other family members are already deceased. He only wanted Sara---witnesses would have to die This perp is one wierd dude .......but i think he is sane!!!!!!!!!

Did I not read somewhere that Sarah resembled his ex-GF ... um, of course, I think it was the neighbor Donna who said that.

Honestly, when I heard it on the presser, I thought he said Thursday, too. Then everyone was reporting it as Tuesday so I assumed that I had misheard it.

In my brain, I have her last seen Tuesday from some of the early reports (maybe thread 1?).

I've almost given up trying to follow details because it's causing me to think I imagined things and that I'm "losing it" LOL

Maybe I am. ;)

So, the last time Sarah may have seen Stephanie was Thursday????

I'm pretty sure that at Monday's presser Sheriff Barber said the last time Sarah saw Stephanie was Tuesday, the last time Sarah saw Tina and Kody was Wednesday.

I took the above to mean that Sarah was separated from Tina and Kody early on, and before Stephanie arrived at Tina's home.

My thought has been that Stephanie came to the home after MH was already there and was taken captive, and by that time, Sarah had been separated from the others.

Here is talk of the truck. Oh I should just stop posting. I don't know anything more than I did two days ago.

Fowler and Donna both noticed a large silver pick-up they had never seen before was parked in front of Hoffman’s house since Wednesday. The truck was removed by law enforcement Sunday.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/16/neighbors-hoffman-eccentric-troubled

I guess he did have a truck. Or the use of a truck. Whether it was his own or he took it from (yet another) victim IDK.

Not sure yet how to quote from a previous thread, but here's one from MBLover in thread 4:

Actually the first thing I thought when I saw the dents - was trying to back up or pull forward between 2 trees or 2 posts.

Years ago...the road I grew up on, at the very top of it were no houses and big fields on either side. People would sit up there in their cars and drink. Then, of course, they would drive. They would fly down our little road...miss the curve at our driveway...fly across the ditch and into the next yard. One time a man wasn't so lucky...he wound up losing control of his car after flying across the ditch...wound up in my Uncle's driveway between 2 pine trees...which dented his car exactly like the one in the picture above...

I was wondering the same thing about mh toyota, seems like a pretty nice and expensive vehicle (minus the dents). How did those dents come about, how did mh get this vehicle? Perhaps he (his parents?) paid for it cheap, as it was already dented. Or, his parents cosigned a loan for him to buy it, and then he dented it? Just wondering how a person who is a few years out of prison could own a 5 bedroom house and a decent vehicle, without maintaining FT employment? What gives with that?

After reading this article about this guy, I have a good idea of what happened to the dog. His own dogs disappeared. This guy sounds like he was going downhill for sometime and just went over the edge.

Perhaps the combination of losing his electricity (and access to the computer, which I can only guess what he was looking at :furious:) and then the GF moving out, that could have pushed him further.

I am sure LE has his computer. Wonder what they will find, unless he was REALLY good, and had software that hides your searches (illegal in some areas I think, but possible to download on internet).

Interesting bits of information on Stephanie Sprang

She has lived at the Magers Rd. address since at least 1996. This would open the possibility that MH knew her from back when he was a teen, before he moved to Colorado. Not sure how long his mother has been with his step-father nor how long they've lived at the Apple Valley Drive address.

Stephanie has been and out of trouble with the law and appears drink (beer??). She has multiple priors under no less than 5 different last names. She also has a civil judgment against her for not paying the lawyer who defended her in the DUI case listed below.

2007 - OVI
2001 - DRIVING UNDER SUSPENSION
2000 - OBSTRUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS
1998 - DRIVING UNDER FRA SUSPENSION
1998 - VICIOUS DOG/FAILURE TO CONFINE

She also has had multiple last names (assuming via marriage..)
1996 - Kupiec
1998 - Glancy
2000 - Thompson
2001 - Cochran
2007 - Sprang

Not sure what relevance this has to the case (other than maybe the beer cans were hers/Tina's & not MH's?) but found the info interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder