GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the unspeakable happens or has already happened...

There are at least 6 very powerful and positive things that have happened:

1. Sarah's alive and as well as can be expected
2. MH behind bars
3. Community bonding even stronger than before
4. New friendships and bonds made
5. Rainbow over Mount Vernon today (photo of it showing Foundation Park)
6. Love and caring from hundreds (thousands?) of people who never knew these people...many who don't live in Ohio and never did

Oh heck...way more than 6. :heart:

AMEN! The biggest powerful to me is that MH is behind bars.. Hopefully they can collect enough to charge him beyond kidnapping. This man, IMHO, is the next Dahmer, Bundy.

I saw a video of them searching a few days back, and it was in a place with dense growth. I mean shoulder-high grass or something. It would be easy to miss the bodies. LE aren't supermen. I think they're doing a great job.

I agree............they've done a fantastic job!

It in some ways reminds me of Dahmer, everyone liked him, no one would of suspected so many victims, or the manor in which they were killed. They seem somewhat “normal” on the outside, or by acquaintance only.
Defiantly Psychopath, difficult to diagnose, until it’s to late, and becomes obvious.

Agree, 100%. Dahmer is what I thought and posted early on. Parents reaction as well....

I saw a video of them searching a few days back, and it was in a place with dense growth. I mean shoulder-high grass or something. It would be easy to miss the bodies. LE aren't supermen. I think they're doing a great job.

I agree with you Steadfast. The thing about very high grasses or dense growth is that you don't know what you're walking into. A snake can be hiding and suddenly bite you. That's why searchers have to be careful when outdoor searches are conducted. And yes, sometimes it can be easy to miss what you're looking for.

none of the people involved were very big or heavy, and a MSM article from yesterday (can't remember which) noted he liked to work out and was athletic and outdoorsy. in other words -- he's strong and could overpower. would not be surprised if he was alone.

I will not be surprised at all if it turns out someone else is also involved.

Was the beer on the receipt?

ETA
Don't guess so. But then again, this receipt says it was found in HIS home. BBM

http://wjr.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29598800

Barber told reporters Tuesday that police had discovered a Walmart receipt for tarps, garbage bags and a T-shirt at Hoffman's home. He said investigators had since found tarps and garbage bags he described as "significant to the investigation."

I'm more likely to believe that the receipt was found in MH's home than in Tina's. If it had been in TH's house, unless it was a credit card purchase, LE would have to do a lot of digging (viewing store security tapes, etc.) to find out what the customer looked like and then figure out who he was. I think that report was another example of shoddy reporting or a rumour run amok.

As for the premeditation issue, it shouldn't make much difference by the time this reaches the courts. It's pretty clear that he kidnapped Sarah. Even if the other three are found alive and he had abducted them, he's going down for a long time on four counts of kidnapping. If he killed them (sorry!), multiple murders will get him a life sentence and possibly the death penalty, premeditated or not. And as someone pointed out, premeditation can be less than one second before the act.

JMO

AMEN! The biggest powerful to me is that MH is behind bars.. Hopefully they can collect enough to charge him beyond kidnapping. This man, IMHO, is the next Dahmer, Bundy.
I'm at a loss for words.

Just hoping he didn't have an accomplice(s). That would make this nightmare even worse (just when you think "how could this be any worse?"), KWIM?

<<Drastically snipped, to extract the pearl from the oyster>> :)

Does anyone have a somewhat reliable news source? I mean one that has about 50 percent of the facts straight ...

Noway, truer words were never spoke, and a big thank you for expressing this. I have never followed any crime here that had so many "mispeaks" by the media.

If this perp left his three victims alive, but bound, gagged and hidden away, and they die from lack of water/food or from injuries because of his silence, then he certainly has earned the death penalty. On second thought, he has earned it anyway.

Someone on FB said the search is on Magers Rd where it curves to off to the east, and no houses are within 1/4 miles any direction.

I think Sheriff Barber has done an excellent job - from what I've seen so far.

He's let enough information out that the public is involved in calling in tips & searching...like he said in the presser- he knows when a case is too much for their department & he wasted no time getting help from agencies with more experience & access to equipment, and I would guess even information that he might not have access to (e.g., FBI).

He's another LEO that seems to care a lot about his community, like Chief Adkins in Hickory NC that looked so hard for Zahra.

LE did find Sarah alive & Barber's said they want to believe the other 3 are alive, but the reality is what it is...I bet it's tearing him up.

http://tinyurl.com/2azgszy

I don't know if this link will work (it does, but you have to choose Ariel view) but there are wooded areas around Tina's too.
Also ... if the tarps are involved, we don't know the color, do we? Could have been brown or camo and blended into the surroundings.

http://tinyurl.com/2azgszy

I don't know if this link will work (it does, but you have to choose Ariel view) but there are wooded areas around Tina's too.
Also ... if the tarps are involved, we don't know the color, do we? Could have been brown or camo and blended into the surroundings.

tarp was black & silver, IIRC.

This guy does not seem the type to have a partner in his crimes...not if he spends time sitting in trees, or whatever...

I keep going back and forth on the accomplice issue. I had theories that one was involved ... but read that LE said there was no evidence anyone (other than Hoffman) was involved.

Of course, with the accuracy of the reporting, it wouldn't surprise me to find out he had one after all.

I mentioned, amongst others, the quote from SS's father of the feeling that (Stephanie Sprang) was being stalked.

My source was GMA interview ( i think yesterday) with Stephanie's father, who, when asked if anyone had been bothering her, said she had a "feeling" of being stalked. FWIW.

Just posting cause I saw someone asking about this.

All that we know is that Sarah last saw her mom and brother on Wednesday. I don't think there was a time given. I do know it was stated by LE in an article on 10news columbus today that the kids rode the bus home Wed, and that is when they were last seen, before LE rescued Sarah. Sarah states she did not see Stephanie Wed, but on tues. Fits with the schedule of Steph coming over AFTER kids left for school, BEFORE TH's shift to look for apt's.

And we can add to this that, according to a local report, Stephanie was last seen at a Mt. Vernon tanning salon around noon on Wednesday. It would be good to know where exactly this salon is and if there are any security cameras in the area. Could MH have spotted her near there and followed her to TH's home? I hope LE has checked this out, even if it may not lead them to the missing.

Aside from her vehicle in TH's garage, do we have any other clues that SS was even there on Wednesday? When was that vehicle discovered? If on Thursday or later, it may not even have been in the garage yet on Wednesday.

I'm not implying anything here; I'm just short on a lot of answers. Maybe one of you can help.

And we can add to this that, according to a local report, Stephanie was last seen at a Mt. Vernon tanning salon around noon on Wednesday. It would be good to know where exactly this salon is and if there are any security cameras in the area. Could MH have spotted her near there and followed her to TH's home? I hope LE has checked this out, even if it may not lead them to the missing.

Aside from her vehicle in TH's garage, do we have any other clues that SS was even there on Wednesday? When was that vehicle discovered? If on Thursday or later, it may not even have been in the garage yet on Wednesday.

I'm not implying anything here; I'm just short on a lot of answers. Maybe one of you can help.

Makes sense.. as they were planning to meet up that afternoon to look for an apt... I'm sure LE has great timelines and statements... But we are not LE :-(

I have lost almost all faith that I ever had in journalism, and I blame the Internet, cost cutting efforts of the mainstream and local media, and substandard reporters and anchors.

/soapbox

No offense to the good/great ones! :)

I keep going back and forth on the accomplice issue. I had theories that one was involved ... but read that LE said there was no evidence anyone (other than Hoffman) was involved.

Of course, with the accuracy of the reporting, it wouldn't surprise me to find out he had one after all.

LE always knows more than us.. we are just surmising... they will most likely keep quiet until after trial... We will never learn the entire truth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap