GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's not suicidal.

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the kind words you've expressed about my community. I honestly am extremely proud to be from Mount Vernon. It's a shame we had to meet under such circumstances. :hug:

I plan on sticking around for awhile. :)
Ahhhh!!! We've hooked another one!

Hoffman's mother told 10TV News on Thursday night that she visited her son in jail for the first time on Wednesday night, and that the visit may have played a part in his decision to reveal the location of the bodies.
She said that her son told her that he was "relieved" when authorities raided his home because "Sarah would be able to go home."

snipped from here

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...-knox-county-missing-vigil-found.html?sid=102

Iam not sure if this has already been said,but,maybe when the blood found in the home was tested,Sarah's blood may have been the only one not found.This (along with the receipt & with MH found sitting in his car where the Truck was found) could have led LE to suspect that he might still have Sarah.

I was just coming on to post the same thing, nana! I think you are likely correct.

Hoffman's mother told 10TV News on Thursday night that she visited her son in jail for the first time on Wednesday night, and that the visit may have played a part in his decision to reveal the location of the bodies.
She said that her son told her that he was "relieved" when authorities raided his home because "Sarah would be able to go home."

snipped from here

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...-knox-county-missing-vigil-found.html?sid=102

MH's Mother may have had a large part in it.
But "relieved"???
For Sarah to go home to what?? He had murdered her family. That .

This also bring into question if Hoffman himself wasn’t the tip that led LE to his home!!
Possibly by payphone, or some other method???
He would be the ONE that would have known "only Sarah" would be found!

What a psychopathic pig!
He should be taken out into the woods and shot, and left for the Coyotes.

This guy musta thought he was a squirrel. He liked leaves. He liked trees. He ate squirrels. He worked in trees. He hung out in trees.
He stored these people in a tree.

thank goodness Sarah was saved!

OMG please let's get to the next page so this margin problem goes away!!

I've reported the post so it should be fixed soon.

For future reference, the little icon in the upper right corner, by the post#, is how you report posts to the Mods.

It only takes 1 report, so nobody else needs to report that post. :)

Since MH's mother had earlier been quoted as saying that he would have to add her to his visitor's list (and hadn't yet), it never occurred to me that she might have had a part in influencing him to tell where T/K/S were.

I'd assumed that it was to make a deal to throw out the DP.

I'm sure now that she was the factor, and I hope that they didn't make a no-DP deal with him.

"Number of posts on each page" can be adjusted in your UserCP (options), so if you're still on the page with the huge rainbow and the right margin is messed up, go change the number of posts per page to a smaller number.

Mine's fine now.

I had not seen this video footage before. It has some footage of his back yard.
[video=youtube;ttM6wTe--Lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttM6wTe--Lw[/video]

For me it is likely that Sarah’s Mother & friend could of possibly been deceased when the children came home from school.
This would leave Sarah & Kody.
Hopefully, Sarah was isolated, and of course knowing something horrific was happening, she hopefully could not see it or hear it. Also missing since Thurs, and not found until Sun. the search for not only her but the others also, was already well underway. And was to continue as a search & rescue, or recovery either one.

Of the many things discussed, one of my biggest questions, is HOW LE found out Sarah was in MH’s basement, and why or who told them it would only be her?? That has always bugged me.

Where did this tip come from?????

LE did not go there just to check!

They went with full SWAT. It had to of been a very reliable tip.

(RSBM)

I've been trying to figure out how one man could subdue four people without at least one of them making a run for it ... unless he had a gun.

This theory makes more sense in every way, but only if he had already hidden the women's bodies somewhere (a bedroom or the truck) by the time the children came home. If Sarah had seen her mother and Steph's corpses, she would have told LE. But we know that LE held out hope they'd be found alive for at least the first few days.

Then there's Kody. If Sarah didn't know that Kody was dead, (for the same reason as above), either MH had Sarah blindfolded when he removed her from the house, or he had gotten the boy out of sight by the time she came out of the other room (or wherever she was isolated, maybe the basement.)

This scenario would also indicate that when Sarah told LE she saw her mother that Wednesday, it would mean in the morning before school.

The fact that LE thought the three might still be alive after rescuing Sarah has to mean that she neither saw nor heard them being murdered.

There are several other possibilities as to what happened in that house, but it hurts my brain trying to make sense of it. I have to go out today, but will post other theories later.

JMO

I believe the last time SM saw SS was on Tuesday. So is it safe to assume he took out SS first so he only had to handle the mother and the children together?

God, I hate playing out these scenarios. It's just awful. I have a feeling he threatened to harm the children, and as a mother, I would do what anyone said if I felt they wouldn't hurt my kids.

Ronso -
I wanted to thank you for all your contributions, insight, and help as a local.
It has been so helpful to those of us that are far away.

I wish everyone in your community the very best, and hope healing will come quickly.
Such a sad, sad event.

I think -
Tina - 1st after kids went to school
Stephanie - 2nd Arrived to go appt hunting
Children - 3rd when they arrived home form school
---
I hate to think of it too.
I just hope Sarah will be o.k. someday.

Thanks, Java. I really appreciate all the kind words about my community. I am very proud to be a part of it.

I know Sarah said she saw her brother and mother that day after school so I'm REALLY leaning on Stephanie being there first if Sarah hadn't seen her but was present for the murders.

I can't even begin to tell you how my sense of security and safety has been shattered. I always lock my windows and doors, as I grew up in the city and was always taught not to trust people. However, we moved here and I've stayed here due to how safe it is. I know this doesn't make Mt. Vernon an "unsafe place", but it does make me leary of everything now. Double checking windows and doors, driving my daughter to school and picking her up instead of letting her ride the bus, and waking up in the middle of the night periodically to check on all 4 of my girls.

I couldn't watch the press conference without crying. The horror that poor girl, Sarah, went through... I couldn't even imagine.

And thinking about how this creep lived right down the street from my oldest daughter's elementary gives me the chills. What if he targeted her?

I figure I'll probably have problems sleeping until I know this guy is in prison for good, but even then... my world has been changed forever.

I am so sorry for what your community has had to go through! Many, if not MOST of the people there are probably experiencing these same feelings. Be kind to each other. When someone needs a hug or to talk, allow them. When you are in need, let others know. You are receiving prayers for strength from allllll over.
Two years ago in October, a woman went missing in our little town. Those of us who searched for her were overwhelmed with emotion, after the search. We really didn't expect to feel so weak and so vulnerable and so defeated. We'd gone in as warriors, to find this woman, and were surprised to find how wounded we emerged.....

Thanks, Java. I really appreciate all the kind words about my community. I am very proud to be a part of it.

I know Sarah said she saw her brother and mother that day after school so I'm REALLY leaning on Stephanie being there first if Sarah hadn't seen her but was present for the murders.

If Tina was supposed to go to work at 4:00 (as reported in MSM), then I wonder if Stephanie had come over to watch the kids since GB wasn't really staying there (or at least not that night). Maybe she arrived earlier, or maybe she came in afterwards.

I think Tina was home waiting for the kids to get in from school. MH got those three first (not sure of the sequence or how they were subdued). Then Stephanie came in later (probably to babysit?) - after Sarah had been sequestered away elsewhere in the home.

Sungirl, please bring your picture back... That was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee