GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an odd Killer for sure...it is almost like he wanted to get caught..he clearly left evidence...not something a person who has killed before would do...he would have learned and knew that being close to the crime scene or that truck he would stick out like a sore thumb! The only thing I can think of the joy of seeing the police face when they found it was too much for him to ignore, or maybe he left evidence in that truck and wanted to get it was staking out the truck but then the cops showed up?

Does anyone know of a motive for this case? I haven't been able to follow it closely, but have seen bits and pieces, but it seems kinda weird, unfocused.

And yeah, in a lot of ways it does remind me of the Groene case.

No motive, yet. I don't think there will ever be one established, IMO. The way LE has talked so far about any motive "it's all speculation." I don't see MH saying more or why he did it.
MH supposedly directed LE to where they were found today. Me hopes that *WASN'T a plea bargain.

[Edit: the gym connection is rather odd, but all the victims lived really close to the house MH parents live (or did live) in.)

The rumor, on Mt. Vernon/Topix, has since been removed; that rarely happens on anything-goes Topix, and may indicate that it was accurate information LE does not want out there. It was posted before LE announced discovery of the bodies, and implied dismemberment.

I bookmarked the page and it was there a couple of hours ago, but not there now. I did copy the post before it was deleted.

have just caught up........very very sorry that this was the final outcome....this was one case that I did think they were maybe alive, tied up somewhere.....the thought that someone can kill 3 people like that.....

One thing, do you think maybe he had the death penalty taken off the table if he told them where they were????

I think some agreement had to be made, otherwise without the bodies it would be hard almost impossible to charge him with murder, kidnapping but not murder.......now they can get appropriate forensics to charge with 3 murders!! so it would have been wise NOT to talk.....

because what were the chances that these three would have been found where they were.....

I too am wondering about the motive...

It also makes me sick that these people are out there, just evil, I mean no one had anything good to say about him.......and why let him out of prison after all the assault charges???????????

My neighbours son is also very very scary.....lucky he does'nt live there, just visits, but he is just bad and both my husband and I get the creeps being around him.........he has already been to jail for the manslaughter of his first girlfriend (drowned in a bathtub, but drug induced) I just know this guy is going to do something horrible and hope it isnt to some poor innocent bystander....

I've wondered if that might have been one of the triggers; this woman also had a young son, close in age to Kody (?). Perhaps his rage was re-directed to this family and might be the reason he spared Sarah? (as she didn't fit the model of previous relationship) Just a thought....

My heart literally hurts; may God's justice be swift and sure!

-Mish

I'm inclined to believe any rage he had was also directed at his parents, esp. his mother. I feel extremely sorry for her. We do not get to choose the brains with which our children are born, and this is every parent's worst nightmare.

There are SO MANY VICTIMS of MH's behavior that it hurts my head (and heart) to think about it...

all the moving around... this case needs to be somewhere people can find it! sorry but I am a seasoned ws vet and I almost couldn't find it!

Photo from memorial at King Beach tonight and a few others here.

OMG, beautiful... and sad. What a community of people! I know they are stricken with sadness, and fear, and tunneling through so many emotions... what strong, brave people.

*tears*

all the moving around... this case needs to be somewhere people can find it! sorry but I am a seasoned ws vet and I almost couldn't find it!

We promise to hang onto it in the Crimes section of the board for a while, at least :)

Salem

Sarah, beyond being kidnapped, hearing, seeing and now the loss of her family........
I pray he did not rape her.........

"He loves trees" .......odd statement in post #88
someone KNOWS him very well, IMO

I feel very sad for this poor child, Sarah. Not only has she lost her mother and brother, a close family friend, but her great-grandfather. On top of all this, Sarah will be the prosecution's primary witness. The burden is on her shoulders to tell the court and the jury what happened and what she witnessed. This is a load that no 13-year-old should have to carry.

I hope her family will surround her with love and understanding, and provide her with the counseling she's going to need to get through this.

She may not have to. If MH did this alone (and I believe he did), telling LE exactly where to find the remains is tantamount to a confession. If the prosecutor can convince MH's defense attorney that they have enough evidence to convict him, he may decide to plead guilty and no trial will be necessary. If that turns out to be the case, there will be no witnesses needed to testify.
Under common law, a plea of guilty by the defendant waives trial of the charged offences and the defendant may be sentenced immediately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plea

Let's hope this turns out to be the case and that Sarah is spared the ordeal of re-living those nightmarish days and nights.

(Aside: I just finished following a 9-month long WS case where the perp was captured 8 days after his second murder. After being shown some circumstantial evidence during his interview with LE and being told that his house was being searched right then, he broke and told them where to find the victim's remains. He pled guilty to all 42 charges against him at his hearing. Photos of a large volume of evidence were presented to the judge, but there was no trial and he was sentenced to life in prison.)

They must have had some sort of proof of a murder for him to confess. There is no way they would have found the bodies without his help.

Also why would he be worried about the death penalty if he is suicidal?

without the bodies it would be hard almost impossible to charge him with murder, kidnapping but not murder.

If LE has the physical evidence that a murder took place and also places him at the scene of the crime, plus the witness testimony from the daughter who suvived this terrible ordeal, he sure can be convicted and get the death penalty for this in Ohio, even if the bodies were never found.

Because he's not suicidal.

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the kind words you've expressed about my community. I honestly am extremely proud to be from Mount Vernon. It's a shame we had to meet under such circumstances. :hug:

I plan on sticking around for awhile. :)

Also why would he be worried about the death penalty if he is suicidal?

respectively edited to answer your question: One big reason is that death row is the hardest, strictest part of the prison. Plus, it's been described over and over by inmates as torture, because of the appeals system. You get a death date, and at the last minute, you find out you're going to live an unknown length of time while you wait for the judicial system. This can happen several times.
I've just read interviews and such. No expert here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo