GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quoting myself!This video on YouTube is titled "Missing Ohio family murder victims concealed inside hollow Beech tree" posted by TheOhioCountryBoy

I've seen it.................it's an excellent photo presentation. I've saved it to my computer, but I haven't ever tried posting a video here at WS. Here's the link to the YouTube video:

[video=youtube;AuvPDqcu7W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvPDqcu7W8[/video]

This is off-topic, but it concerns going into a house without permission. A little more than a year ago, October 2009, we had neighbors who were in their late 70's. The wife flew to Chicago to visit relatives on her side of the family......the husband was home alone. The husband had a routine that was like clockwork - pick up the newspaper off the driveway and put it by the front door, and go for an hour long walk before 8:00am every morning.

On a Thursday morning, the neighbor across the street noticed that the newspaper was still on the driveway in the mid afternoon. He was concerned and he and my husband talked about it wondering if they should call someone. I suggested a wellness check. On Friday morning, the neighbor saw that there were now two newspapers on the driveway, and let himself in a gate to the backyard and peeked in windows. He didn't see any sign of disarray or the husband.

Our neighbor decided to call the police and request a wellness check and on his way back across the street to his house, he saw a car pull into the driveway, a man got out and let himself in the front door with a key. Within a few minutes, the police, fire dept., and emergency ambulance was there.

The husband had evidently had a massive heart attack in his sleep Wednesday night/Thursday morning. His wife, who was in Chicago had tired to call him sometime on Thursday and not getting a response on Friday morning either, called her daughter and son-in-law and asked them to go to the house to check on dad. It was the son-in-law our neighbor saw letting himself into the house, that found the husband unresponsive in bed.

I remember a story about a landlord who hadn't seen an elderly renter in a while and noticed lots of piled up newspapers and mail.
Then he looked at one of the windows and saw hundreds of flies on the inside of the glass...

I think so too. I think that by the time of the first wellness check, whatever had happened, had already happened. But, I think MH was still in the house and was waiting for the deputy to leave.

Yes I agree he was still in the house. I have to check the scanner feed to see if we know if the truck was there during the 2nd wellness check.

Since it was about to go into foreclosure, it will be up to the bank to decide I suppose. Not sure about Ohio law on the subject.

Hope something's done before 20/20 or similar decide to do a big story on this case :(

At some point, Apple Valley Property Owners Association could take over the land. They own a lot of lots in AV, in reserve to be "common areas" (for everyone's use). But depending on value, I doubt our dues are high enough to cover that.

I guess the bank could opt to do a full remodel of the house and replace anything involved in the murders. But, in the present economy the bank may actually lose money on this investment. There's far too many foreclosures on the market as it is, and I think potential buyers would opt for a house without that terrible history.

I feel sorry for GB. He's coping with the violent deaths of Tina, Kody, and Stephanie, and said he won't go back to the house. He's had to be under scrutiny by LE as a suspect too.

I remember a story about a landlord who hadn't seen an elderly renter in a while and noticed lots of piled up newspapers and mail.
Then he looked at one of the windows and saw hundreds of flies on the inside of the glass...

Oh my! :eek:

Maybe since they were splitting up/fighting/arguing, him not feeding the dog (supposed to, but forgetting) was a sore spot and it was "I fed the dog AGAIN" type of thing. But who knows really.

That's kinda what I was thinking too, Ckay. Or maybe "I fed the dog, so you don't need to stop by". (Except he was at work, wasn't he?) I feel really bad for the guy.

This is off-topic, but it concerns going into a house without permission. A little more than a year ago, October 2009, we had neighbors who were in their late 70's. The wife flew to Chicago to visit relatives on her side of the family......the husband was home alone. The husband had a routine that was like clockwork - pick up the newspaper off the driveway and put it by the front door, and go for an hour long walk before 8:00am every morning.

On a Thursday morning, the neighbor across the street noticed that the newspaper was still on the driveway in the mid afternoon. He was concerned and he and my husband talked about it wondering if they should call someone. I suggested a wellness check. On Friday morning, the neighbor saw that there were now two newspapers on the driveway, and let himself in a gate to the backyard and peeked in windows. He didn't see any sign of disarray or the husband.

Our neighbor decided to call the police and request a wellness check and on his way back across the street to his house, he saw a car pull into the driveway, a man got out and let himself in the front door with a key. Within a few minutes, the police, fire dept., and emergency ambulance was there.

The husband had evidently had a massive heart attack in his sleep Wednesday night/Thursday morning. His wife, who was in Chicago had tired to call him sometime on Thursday and not getting a response on Friday morning either, called her daughter and son-in-law and asked them to go to the house to check on dad. It was the son-in-law our neighbor saw letting himself into the house, that found the husband unresponsive in bed.

thanks Leila. We all need each other and we all need to take care of each other.

search dogs would do it .....I think you're right

still wouldn't buy that house no matter how much it is redone.....its a place where evil incarnate visited.....
AV homeowners association.......in a few weeks, check with LM and Sarah....if Sarah has no desire to see the place ever again, TEAR IT DOWN PLEASE......

That's kinda what I was thinking too, Ckay. Or maybe "I fed the dog, so you don't need to stop by". (Except he was at work, wasn't he?) I feel really bad for the guy.

I just feel there more to text. In my heart I feel Tanner very loved and if he was like my little mama she runs to me and back to her bowl.

I just don't see the ex having to worry about the dog being fed.:waitasec:

A few years ago I worked at a place where there were several single elderly women. Well if one of them was out sick then they would always call each other to let them know they were not coming in to work. Well one Monday one of the ladies who was single with no kids did not show up for work and when they realized she had not called in they called the police to go check on her. The police looked in the window and found her on the kitchen floor, she had died after falling and hitting her head sometime over the weekend. If the ladies had not gotten worried about her and not called the police there is no telling how long she would have been there before being found since she did not have any kids and had no family in the area much. It was a good thing these women had made that bond to always check on each other.

still wouldn't buy that house no matter how much it is redone.....its a place where evil incarnate visited.....
AV homeowners association.......in a few weeks, check with LM and Sarah....if Sarah has no desire to see the place ever again, TEAR IT DOWN PLEASE......

If true about being foreclosed then it would be up to the bank to tear it down.I doubt anyone would purchase it after 3 people murdered inside.

How do we know about this text? and were there any others?

Question - just curious really - did they own the home they were in or rent? Who was being foreclosed on??

And just another aside - I didn't really hear anything about GB ever being a suspect. He was at werk I realize that but never did hear anything. This case will creep me out for a long time. I'm always real agressive with someone I don't recognize driving slow back and forth on the road, I run out and get their plates and one time there was a car parked down from my house and I stopped in my car and asked if he needed help with something. Someone pulls in my driveway to turn around - IF I see them I'm out the door to get a better look. Yes, I'm overly paranoid but with MH - he had a plan and a mission and carried it out.

If true about being foreclosed then it would be up to the bank to tear it down.I doubt anyone would purchase it after 3 people murdered inside.

When I lived in Rochester (NY), there was a man murdered (shot), right inside his front door (after answering his door they guessed). It was on the way to my kid's school, and I'd pass it often.

Eventually it went up for sale, and sold ... every time I passed it, I thought of what happened. I can't imagine buying it either, but someone did. Maybe very cheap?...who knows. Another case of "too close to home", but not nearly the impact of this one.

I read in an article that the school said that the Maynard children had missed school "early in the week".

Were they absent any other day that week?

Question - just curious really - did they own the home they were in or rent? Who was being foreclosed on??

And just another aside - I didn't really hear anything about GB ever being a suspect. He was at werk I realize that but never did hear anything. This case will creep me out for a long time. I'm always real agressive with someone I don't recognize driving slow back and forth on the road, I run out and get their plates and one time there was a car parked down from my house and I stopped in my car and asked if he needed help with something. Someone pulls in my driveway to turn around - IF I see them I'm out the door to get a better look. Yes, I'm overly paranoid but with MH - he had a plan and a mission and carried it out.

The house was bought by TH and GB. It's joint ownership. There have been GB quotes about being a few payments behind on mortgage, but don't have mental energy to find source right now (listening to scanner archives).

I think the "suspect" issue is more unoffical. Posters here, other message boards, etc. It's the natural reaction to something like this happening ... at first the husband/ex-husband/boyfriend/ex-boyfriend is usually the suspect. Why? Because that's usually who is guilty.

You're very brave, but please stop to think before you walk up and ask strangers about their intentions. Why put yourself in danger? Get license, but gosh, be careful !!!

I look at that new photo above and they really were and SM still is just beautiful. However, even if they were unattractive this would still just pull at my heart. I truly feel so bad for the endless victims of this crime, the family, the community, the police force, extended family and friends, and tanner. Just so sad...

How do we know about this text? and were there any others?

GB talked about it in news vids...there was a phone between he & Tina early in the morning soon after he left for work & then the text mssg around 11:40ish.

It was also stated in the early MSM reports.

I've seen it.................it's an excellent photo presentation. I've saved it to my computer, but I haven't ever tried posting a video here at WS. Here's the link to the YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvPDqcu7W8

Not to harp on this video but...I agree it is a very well done dignified,respectful and informative video.It's really rather incredible how high up the tree MH needed to go to drop the bodies in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid